PDA

View Full Version : Career selection option to drive the 1989 Audi GTO?

megala
09-09-2015, 13:53
Hi, can anyone help out with this? The game doesn't offer this as a starting car it appears but I was wondering which class I should select in my new career to have this car offered to me. I have all of the DLC packs purchased and am playing on PC. I've been racing this car on the ring non stop with my T300 and the FF tuning files and it's been a blast, but I'd like to use it in a career. Thanks for the help.

Schnizz58
09-09-2015, 13:57
I've only encountered it one time in an invitational event at Ruapuna.

megala
09-09-2015, 14:01
Can you tell me what class you were using for your career?

Bealdor
09-09-2015, 14:02
There is no career series that includes this car unfortunately. You'll only be able to drive it in invitational events.

Schnizz58
09-09-2015, 14:11
There is no career series that includes this car unfortunately. You'll only be able to drive it in invitational events.
That's what I suspected but wasn't 100% sure.

megala
09-09-2015, 14:16
Ok thanks guys. So it doesn't matter which career I chose to get those invitational events?

Bealdor
09-09-2015, 14:19
Ok thanks guys. So it doesn't matter which career I chose to get those invitational events?

It depends on the individual invitational event. Most invitationals can be unlocked simply by winning enough races for example.
Other events will only unlock in specific series. The GT3 RGT-8 German Cup and Supercup for example will only be available if you're driving the GT3 career in a RUF.

megala
09-09-2015, 14:23
Thank you. I'll give that a try. The yellowbird was too much for me to handle so I hope I can drive the GT3...going to have to unplug my h shifter for this I think. I'm not very good lol.

Schnizz58
09-09-2015, 14:24
I *think* that's a true statement. Each of the invitationals has a certain trigger and I'm not sure what the trigger was for that one. For the record, my career path right now is climbing up though open wheelers. So I was either in Superkarts or Formula Rookie when I got that invitation. I'm skipping most of the invitationals I get invited to and am sticking mainly with my career events. But I accepted that one because it looked like a fun car to drive. I'm glad I did because it was one of the best races I've had yet.

3800racingfool
09-09-2015, 14:25
Thank you. I'll give that a try. The yellowbird was too much for me to handle so I hope I can drive the GT3...going to have to unplug my h shifter for this I think. I'm not very good lol.

Compared to the Yellowbird, the GT3 car is a piece of cake.