PDA

View Full Version : Has this happend to anyone else..??

jonnotheone
09-09-2015, 17:15
Race full length
Difficulty 100%
Rules full
Damage realistic
Every aid was turned off i play the game 100% aid free and all rules on..

I was in a gt3 race when i was entering a corner i went in a little too hot and run out wide getting my wheels on the outer grass when i got black flagged disqualified. .???..you cant get a dq for running out wide..i was the only car there no other cars. I didnt even get any warnings..were is the logic in being black flagged running wide.

Has this happened to others..??

OpticalHercules
09-09-2015, 17:21
What track, what car, what turn on that track? You say you hadn't received any penalties at all prior to being DQ'd? Are you positive?

Sounds like a bug, but without additional information allowing someone to try an reproduce the issue, there's nothing anyone can do about it.

bluesky0870
10-09-2015, 08:57
I've noticed the same about "warnings" and dq's. Sometimes I receive a second "warning" without having got a first one, that at least has not been shown in the small text box nor mentioned by the race engineer.

KkDrummer
10-09-2015, 10:26
I've noticed the same about "warnings" and dq's. Sometimes I receive a second "warning" without having got a first one, that at least has not been shown in the small text box nor mentioned by the race engineer.

I have noticed that as well...it happens quite often...but never seen the black flat incident as described by OP.

flymar
10-09-2015, 11:13
Race full length
Difficulty 100%
Rules full
Damage realistic
Every aid was turned off i play the game 100% aid free and all rules on..

I was in a gt3 race when i was entering a corner i went in a little too hot and run out wide getting my wheels on the outer grass when i got black flagged disqualified. .???..you cant get a dq for running out wide..i was the only car there no other cars. I didnt even get any warnings..were is the logic in being black flagged running wide.

Has this happened to others..??
I was DQ-d after several track cutting during one race, but that was long ago

Pamellaaa
10-09-2015, 12:06
I believe that after 10 track cuts you get DQd regardless of race duration.

OpticalHercules
10-09-2015, 15:50
I believe that after 10 track cuts you get DQd regardless of race duration.

10 track cuts, or maybe 3-4 verbal warnings. I wish there was a "standardized" penalty progression posted by the devs so that everyone would know where they stand at any given time on a track.

Something like:
-3 Verbal Warnings, then boot on the 4th
-10 "dirty" lap incidents, and each verbal warning also counts as one dirty.

The penalty system, while GREATLY improved in 3.0, still seems a bit arbitrary.

Pamellaaa
10-09-2015, 16:08
10 track cuts, or maybe 3-4 verbal warnings. I wish there was a "standardized" penalty progression posted by the devs so that everyone would know where they stand at any given time on a track.

Something like:
-3 Verbal Warnings, then boot on the 4th
-10 "dirty" lap incidents, and each verbal warning also counts as one dirty.

The penalty system, while GREATLY improved in 3.0, still seems a bit arbitrary.

The verbal warnings aren't really warnings as such I don't think, they are part of the pit engineer system which seems to be generally a bit patchy, with this in mind I have turned it off entirely. The way I think it works is 10 infractions (invalidated laps or 5+ second penalties) get you booted out of the session, it seems reasonable but it would be good to have a visual reminder of how many you had already and therefore how careful you need to be in the remainder of a session.