PDA

View Full Version : Different Tyre names in Tuning Setup and Pit-Strategy

DusterBuster
09-09-2015, 21:30
Hi,

In the german version of the game are different tyre names in the tuning setup and the pit strategy. Why are they named different in those two setups? It's confusing because in the pit strategy there are "medium" and "mittel" tyres which means the same just in different languages. Will the intermediates be called intermediates in the german version in the next patch?

Sessionerror
18-09-2015, 19:21
Yes, it's very confusing ;) "Mittel" should be called "Intermediates", "Medium" could remain "Medium" or should be renamed as "Mittel". Right now, you always have to check the type by pressing right and left to see whether the tire is next to the rain tire.
Sometimes, translating everything is just too much as we use the term "Intermediates" in Germany as well ;)

DusterBuster
18-09-2015, 23:25
Yes, because "Hart" and "Weich" are translated right, but the "Mittel" which is "Medium" is the Intermediate Compound. The translation at this point makes no sense at all. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next patches. :)

Sessionerror
15-10-2015, 08:49
I have to bump this one again after Patch 5.0. Unfortunately, in the pit strategy "Intermediates" are still called "Mittel" in german, what is really confusing ;)

DusterBuster
15-11-2015, 21:00
Any news on this one?

Sessionerror
21-11-2015, 08:46
Yes...I thought it was going to be changed with the last patch as Bealdor supported the idea in another thread. Maybe they forgot about it? Any comment from a developer/moderator?

See here:

Make it "Intermediates" for German too. We don't have a different word for it.

Sessionerror
14-12-2015, 18:13
Hm...still in Patch 7.0 :(

It would be really great, if you could fix this tiny thing that already destroyed many races for a lot of drivers.

Sessionerror
20-01-2016, 09:36
Well...same procedure as every month. Unfortunately :(

The names of the tires in the pit strategy are still very confusing with patch 8.0 in the german version. Like I mentioned above, even Bealdor said so. So please...give us "Intermediates" back :)

Androphonomania
20-01-2016, 09:50
Indeed, very annoying. Hope to see it fixed next month.

haegele12
20-01-2016, 10:03
I agree. The names are very confusing and this bad translation already destroyed a couple of races for members of our german community. By patching this minor issue you would really do us a big favor! :) I hope this won't be forgotten the next time ;)

KahunaLoa
20-01-2016, 11:10
Its really important for the german community to fix this issue. The confusion between mittel and medium is very high. With every Patch, we are hoping for good news. So please change the name "mittel" back to "intermediates". That would help so much!!! Thanks! :)

IJOJOI
20-01-2016, 14:03
THis is probably suited better in the "general discussion" sub forum ;)

Matziking
20-01-2016, 15:45
Same Problem here. Confusing in Rainy races!

Sessionerror
20-01-2016, 17:13
THis is probably suited better in the "general discussion" sub forum ;)

Probably yes ;) But I didn't want to open a new thread as this one has already been there. Let's just hope the devs will see it or a mod will tell them. Bealdor, where are you!? :D

Sessionerror
02-02-2016, 10:09
Hm...I'd love to see a comment or a like at least from a moderator or dev. I'm still not sure if this issue has been noticed and taken into account for the upcoming patch?

Seelenkrank
23-04-2016, 14:27
GT4 main race with forced pit stop.
language in game set to german in steam
choose "mittel" (=medium) and got intermediates (rain tyres!)
is it so really so hard...?

DreamsKnight
23-04-2016, 15:45
GT4 main race with forced pit stop.
language in game set to german in steam
choose "mittel" (=medium) and got intermediates (rain tyres!)
is it so really so hard...?

it is more possible that you change a strategy not active. modify doesn't mean it became active. it is a common error.

Mahjik
23-04-2016, 15:45
Hmm, just did a race on Thursday night (GT3). Had a pitstop for Mediums and got Mediums (was set in my pit strategy).

Rambo_Commando
23-04-2016, 15:49
A bit off topic...so the quickest way to decrease tire temps is to raise bar. My question is what's the next best way to decrease temps without touching pressure?

Shadowoff
23-04-2016, 16:02
Hey, Im german aswell. The translation is pretty bad from english to german (for bumps and stops is the whole info text missing! Also please fix). There are the "mittel" (intermediate) and the "medium" (medium) tyres. Pretty bad translated, cause in german both means the same. But with "mittel" is meant that these tyres are made for something in between of rain and dry track. But in Germany we also say Intermediate instead of "mittel". I already use english language in pCars cause this is pissing me off...

Seelenkrank
23-04-2016, 16:04
it is more possible that you change a strategy not active. modify doesn't mean it became active. it is a common error.

no it is not because i activate my GT4 strategy before the race.
maybe it is an translation based bug (german/english)?
i set the language now to english in steam, will take a look later what for options i got on tyre selection after this.

Mahjik
23-04-2016, 16:29
A bit off topic...so the quickest way to decrease tire temps is to raise bar. My question is what's the next best way to decrease temps without touching pressure?

In theory, heat is cause by friction. One way to reduce friction is to run less downforce.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
23-04-2016, 16:50
In theory, heat is cause by friction. One way to reduce friction is to run less downforce.That could also cause more slippage, which could cause more heat.

Mahjik
23-04-2016, 17:39
That could also cause more slippage, which could cause more heat.

Given someone driving 'properly', it will reduce the heat. By how much though is more of a question. However, most of the heat/wear I've seen in the pCARS model comes from understeer/scrubbing.

Androphonomania
23-04-2016, 18:13
It is a known translation error. We did hint at this for several patches now. It never was adressed. Mittel is the intermediate tyre, Medium is the slick.

Looked at the thread again. Known since september last year
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38888-Different-Tyre-names-in-Tuning-Setup-and-Pit-Strategy

Seelenkrank
24-04-2016, 07:09
It is a known translation error. We did hint at this for several patches now. It never was adressed. Mittel is the intermediate tyre, Medium is the slick.

Looked at the thread again. Known since september last year
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38888-Different-Tyre-names-in-Tuning-Setup-and-Pit-Strategy

*OMFG* so long and no fix for this...
even the "speigel" is in the game since 1845...

Bealdor
24-04-2016, 09:05
Threads merged.