PDA

View Full Version : sound bug is back plus rant

WRA NotSo
09-09-2015, 23:20
after deleting all my save data cloud and local the sound bug went away, but once I started saving tunes it came back. what gives with this game? why all the work arounds? how come I have constantly tweak game settings to make it work? I really want to play this game but unfortunately I cant enjoy a game that constantly bugs out all the time every race. the cars feel amazing in my opinion and I love the way tuning is setup with the practice lobbies online where your friends can join and tune their cars and share ideas live. that's a big plus for me because in forza if you want to make an adjustment to your tune you have to completely back out of your lobby and go to test which is stupid. so that is where your game really shines against forza. but on the downside of things cars framerate is blown out completely. the game constanly stutters and that has persisted since day 1 and has never been addressed. all these work arounds aint workin and frankly im tired of tuning my game instead of my cars. im not deleting my saves a 3rd time. heres how it went down, once I deleted my saves I had to reconfigure everything in the game and assign buttons. the sound lag was then gone raced all day that day with a few cars and on those cars I created a decent base setup so I saved that setup to all tracks as a base. day 2 first race with a car that I had tuned day before and bam sound lag but it didn't throw me into a wall from screen freeze. I was like well damn. then that weekend I saved tunes to all tracks for like 5 more cars and now im getting the sound lag every race again. that not even a quarter of the cars guys. if saving the tunes is a problem then I cant play this game because I will have a different setup for every track on each car... now the fact that this is going on is ridiculous after 4 years of development and people paying money to be a part of the development and these types of issues happening I would be look for reimbursement of my money. luckily I didn't buy into the scam. the way it looks to me is that the real reason this game made the cut is because if it didn't sms would have a lawsuit for fraud. crowd funded projects are notorious for scams and the case of project cars, the amazing hype is what forced you guys to deliver and the multiple lawsuits. so what I think happened is you guy could not deliver a finised product hint all the delays even though you outright lied to all your backers saying it ready just a few more tweaks just to buy yourselves enough time to make it passable since it was nowhere near playable at that time. your game needs work.
we the player are also insulted by the way you announced like a month after release that crowd funding for pcars2 is open..... really so now you need players money to create the game that you should have already created???? i feel like i have been lied to and cheated when it comes to this game and you have the nerve to ask me to help pay for the next one? how about ditch pcars2 and make pcars1 the game that you promised it would be 3 years ago. dlc is what we want not another game. i like many other players have vowed not to buy pcars2. so i hope you don't expect nothing more than a flop as pcars1 is barely above flop status. it suprises me that you guys boast about pcars being award winning racing game? where? which award was that? the only award i would give it would be most incomplete game ever to be released since the beginning of games. yeah and im not the only one that feels this way either, just go to some of your own lobbies and start asking players how they feel about the game and it will not take long to get the real picture. i think you guys are living in wonderland if you think this game is a success. and last but not least your support for xbox..... basicly it seems as if you guys could care less about xbox when its pretty obvious that the largest group of your players are on xbox. online racing via console has always been most popular on xbox with a big thanks to forza. i could understand if you guys was endorsed by psn but your not. and thinking that people would switch to psn just for your game is insulting. just so you know i own both consoles and never even considered buying pcars for psn. why because racing has always been better on xbox. im not buying the whole xbox isn't as powerfull crap either because i have both and they both have issues. saying that your game could not be ran at 1080p 60fps on xbox is horse shit because i have played it on my playstation (borrowed it from a friend who hates it) and it don't run any better there even though it says 1080 at 60 on ps, it don't. so it aint the systems problem its yours. forza 6 runs perfectly 1080p and 60fps and its a 45gig game so there is no excuse. tonight i start playing forza6 and i have a feeling i just end up forgetting about pcars which is sad because it really does have the handling i have always sought after in forza.

Schnizz58
09-09-2015, 23:24
Holy wall of text Batman.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/9a38d3e2ad6140232d68005eaa93409f/tumblr_mge1zdGCuB1rkktmbo1_500.gif

Anyway the sound bug is a Microsoft problem so ranting about it on this forum is probably not as productive as you'd like.

HenTheKing
09-09-2015, 23:41
That just about sums up my general perception of Pcars. When it works it's brilliant, literally the best racer I've played, but 95% of the time there is a problem in doing anything in it.

After almost three evenings of frustration, I got two races!!!! A whole TWO! Started playing at nine and finished about twenty mins ago. Yeah!! TWO races!

WRA NotSo
09-09-2015, 23:52
thanks for reading it and sorry about my punctuation. i was typing fast and very ill at this game while typing it.

WRA NotSo
09-09-2015, 23:56
xbox problem huh, so that's why sms is workin on it? because its Xboxes problem. smh, lmao. aint nobody got time for your lame ass excuses. blame xbox what a joke. i have played it on ps4 and it aint running smooth there either. guess that's psn problem huh?

WRA NotSo
09-09-2015, 23:57
and i guess henthekings problems on pc are a pc problem too huh? lmao even more

AdM1
10-09-2015, 00:00
The more of these threads I see the more I wonder how many people would still be playing if the game wasn't released like this.

cvcpower
10-09-2015, 00:06
Yeah man I agree, but I also kind of feel like we gotta have SOME sympathy. I mean I was crazy angry when it got delayed, so if they had delayed until the end of this year to get the game right I probably would have gone homicidal.

They released the game (obviously not ready), but at least we got something. Besides 60% of the time, it works every time.

We need to think of Project CARS more like an actual project car (for those of us who tune in the real world). It's not a Ferrari. It's a work in progress.

WRA NotSo
10-09-2015, 00:10
i think they got lazy and burnt up the money leaving an unfinished product way before release and ended up having to play catch up once release time came causin a massive 6 month delay and then even a few more delays and also an unplayable game for xbox users due to controller problems with deadzones. don't forget there was multiple lawsuits filed against sms over this game. funders started asking questions about when it was gonna come out and why hasn't it came out yet. i think they was forced to release it which is why its all jacked up.

WRA NotSo
10-09-2015, 00:13
crowd funding is asking for trouble. in my opinion. if they just use a real bank they will have no choice but to deliver an awesome product.

2pfspiff
10-09-2015, 01:56
I will say that it does appear to run smoother on my PS4 then my Xbox one. Kinda a makes me regret getting a FFB wheel for Xbox one and not getting it for the PS4 (Forza 6 was in the back of my mind).

The one thing that does aggravate me is that when I go online to play late at night on the Xbox I can only find 6 lobbies to choose from. When I do the same on the PS4 there are over 15 lobbies.

HenTheKing
10-09-2015, 16:42
and i guess henthekings problems on pc are a pc problem too huh? lmao even more

I'm on Xbox. I'm not changing it. Ha.

HenTheKing
10-09-2015, 16:49
Yeah man I agree, but I also kind of feel like we gotta have SOME sympathy. I mean I was crazy angry when it got delayed, so if they had delayed until the end of this year to get the game right I probably would have gone homicidal.

They released the game (obviously not ready), but at least we got something. Besides 60% of the time, it works every time.

We need to think of Project CARS more like an actual project car (for those of us who tune in the real world). It's not a Ferrari. It's a work in progress.

Yes, but had they (I want to type 'had the balls,' but I know nothing about the situation) waited and got it right, really right, the reputation of the game would be unblemished. The reviews would have been even better. People would not feel so betrayed and anti the next game, because they would have faith based on the first game which delivered.
Unfortunately the reviews I read seemed not to have played the same game. I won't show an interest if the next game is on the platform I use until I've read everything I can about it. It's a shame.
They should have stuck to their guns and got it right first time.

HenTheKing
10-09-2015, 16:53
Just read the part about crowd funding and being sued. If that's true and that is why it was released like it was, at the most unplayable and at the very least, not what we saw being advertised, I'm staying well away from the next crowdfunded one until I have played it, extensively.

Flat_out
10-09-2015, 17:01

Your 100% correct.

It's an Alfa Romeo!

OneBadHuskerFan
10-09-2015, 17:32
The more of these threads I see the more I wonder how many people would still be playing if the game wasn't released like this.

A LOT. I waited and waited since the 2nd week after release (stopped playing then) until just after 3.0 came out recently and on my first lap the sound bug (robotic sounding thing) reared up and was actually worse then before. Turned off the game and will hope for a fix at some point. I really WANT to play and love this game, unfortunately I CAN'T.

rtazz17
10-09-2015, 18:34
I gave up too.Not enough time to try to get the game to work... Ill try again when another patch comes but I wont hold my breath.

Sankyo
10-09-2015, 19:02
... luckily I didn't buy into the scam. the way it looks to me is that the real reason this game made the cut is because if it didn't sms would have a lawsuit for fraud.
If you're going to accuse someone of fraud, you'd better back it up with solid proof. If you can't, stop making unbased and false accusations.

crowd funded projects are notorious for scams and the case of project cars, the amazing hype is what forced you guys to deliver and the multiple lawsuits. so what I think happened is you guy could not deliver a finised product hint all the delays even though you outright lied to all your backers saying it ready just a few more tweaks just to buy yourselves enough time to make it passable since it was nowhere near playable at that time. your game needs work.
The fact that the released game had bugs has nothing to do with 'crowdfunding projects being notorious for scams'. SMS delivered the game, they are supporting it now, and they kept their promise of returning the toolpack fees to their backers and pay a revenue share on top of that. Nobody has been scammed.

we the player are also insulted by the way you announced like a month after release that crowd funding for pcars2 is open..... really so now you need players money to create the game that you should have already created???? i feel like i have been lied to and cheated when it comes to this game and you have the nerve to ask me to help pay for the next one? how about ditch pcars2 and make pcars1 the game that you promised it would be 3 years ago. dlc is what we want not another game.
How about informing yourself first about why and how pCARS2 was announced? It is normal practice to start development of a new title as soon as (often even before) a title has been delivered. SMS is still supporting pCARS1 with patches and DLC. pCARS2 won't be on the shelves for another 2 years.

Besides, pCARS2 is not crowd funded, the entry fees are just there to keep the idiots out and only get people in who are genuinely interested in helping with the development of the game.

i like many other players have vowed not to buy pcars2. so i hope you don't expect nothing more than a flop as pcars1 is barely above flop status.
Many other players? Source? Or are you just making things up on the spot?
1M+ sales and lots of people enjoying the game doesn't spell "flop" to me.

it suprises me that you guys boast about pcars being award winning racing game? where? which award was that? i think you guys are living in wonderland if you think this game is a success.
Feel free to search the internet yourself for that.

and last but not least your support for xbox..... basicly it seems as if you guys could care less about xbox when its pretty obvious that the largest group of your players are on xbox.
Support is continuous for all platforms. And if you'd care to do some research, you'd find that the largest group of pCARS players is on PS4.

online racing via console has always been most popular on xbox with a big thanks to forza. i could understand if you guys was endorsed by psn but your not. and thinking that people would switch to psn just for your game is insulting. just so you know i own both consoles and never even considered buying pcars for psn. why because racing has always been better on xbox. im not buying the whole xbox isn't as powerfull crap either because i have both and they both have issues. saying that your game could not be ran at 1080p 60fps on xbox is horse shit because i have played it on my playstation (borrowed it from a friend who hates it) and it don't run any better there even though it says 1080 at 60 on ps, it don't. so it aint the systems problem its yours. forza 6 runs perfectly 1080p and 60fps and its a 45gig game so there is no excuse. tonight i start playing forza6 and i have a feeling i just end up forgetting about pcars which is sad because it really does have the handling i have always sought after in forza.
I think you're starting to get off-limits here. Where did you read that SMS thinks that people would switch to PSN just for pCARS? Installation size of a game has nothing to do with frame rate performance. The complexity of physics and graphics engines, does, however.

Schnizz58
10-09-2015, 19:17
Remco I'm going to upvote you just for having to read that mess. You must have drawn the short straw against the other mods.

mrbrownnose
11-09-2015, 04:20
Sms what a lying joke, whoever gave you a license to make games should be hanged. I hate everything you stands for...

Umer Ahmad
11-09-2015, 04:28
Sms what a lying joke, whoever gave you a license to make games should be hanged. I hate everything you stands for...
First and final warning

bmanic
11-09-2015, 05:08

.. why on earth would you write stuff like this?

Konan
11-09-2015, 06:17
A LOT. I waited and waited since the 2nd week after release (stopped playing then) until just after 3.0 came out recently and on my first lap the sound bug (robotic sounding thing) reared up and was actually worse then before. Turned off the game and will hope for a fix at some point. I really WANT to play and love this game, unfortunately I CAN'T.

I can say the sound bug is not a microsoft problem....i had it yesterday and the day before....i had to exit and restart the game to have the normal engine sound back

Sankyo
11-09-2015, 08:15
I can say the sound bug is not a microsoft problem....i had it yesterday and the day before....i had to exit and restart the game to have the normal engine sound back
I've read reports that other games have the same issue. It all is said to be related to the use of the 7th core on the XB1. If you're having a sound issue on the PS4, it may be a different issue.

Bobbydakid
11-09-2015, 10:28
I've read reports that other games have the same issue. It all is said to be related to the use of the 7th core on the XB1. If you're having a sound issue on the PS4, it may be a different issue.

The sound issue has been a lot worse for me since patch 2.0, it used to only last for a few seconds but now lasts for around 20 seconds and is very annoying. It is completely random but does happen in every race.

Raven403
11-09-2015, 12:00
Since this is a thread about Sound Bugs, How bout this.

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/133b9512-b4b3-4a1e-ac2d-6d6969a679e6

madmax2069
11-09-2015, 12:12
Since this is a thread about Sound Bugs, How bout this.

http://xboxclips.com/Raven403/133b9512-b4b3-4a1e-ac2d-6d6969a679e6

WTF its playing someone elses car sound for yours, or the sound detached from your car and was just in a continued sound of acceleration and changing gears (as if your car was on a uber long straight).

Raven403
11-09-2015, 12:15
WTF its playing someone elses car sound for yours, or the sound detached from your car and was just in a continued sound of acceleration and changing gears (as if your car was on a uber long straight).

Yeah, what's even weirder is this was Solo Quick race....not MP. Weird.

Gotta say I get alot of audio bugs and Speed up Slow downs at Catalunya with only 16 other cars on track. It never used to be that bad. Seems it's all getting a bit muddled up

baz00ka
11-09-2015, 14:49
from what i have gathered since the game is really struggling on xbox hardware (framerate and whatnot) sms has pinned game sound processing to that extra core which is one of the 2 cores normally reserved for os. that extra core is still shared with os however so if xbox os needs it it can schedule something else on it at higher priority and the game would get only 50% of it as the worst case (tho i suspect it could be even worth than that in reality).

if you have kinect disable/unplug, it might improve things for you. i have no kinect, have xbox in offline mode, have plenty of disk space and nothing else running in background so xbox os sole consumer is pCars and i still get sound glitches every now and then tho not as severe as people describe here on the forums and i still get framerate nosedives again every now and then. the less xbox os has on its plate the less is the chance of performance nosedives occurring obviously so thats the general idea unplug and disable everything you dont need.

WRA NotSo
11-09-2015, 19:25
thats because everbody gave up on it

WRA NotSo
11-09-2015, 19:27
Just read the part about crowd funding and being sued. If that's true and that is why it was released like it was, at the most unplayable and at the very least, not what we saw being advertised, I'm staying well away from the next crowdfunded one until I have played it, extensively.

they had too go look it up dude im not making shit up

Sankyo
11-09-2015, 19:34

they had too go look it up dude im not making shit up
Funding reached its goal and because of that it was closed. After that, the crowdfunding construction of WMD was deemed not compliant to some UK rules and therefore it wasn't allowed to be used any further. It was not the reason for the game being released sooner than planned, and nobody was sued or threatened to be sued.

WRA NotSo
11-09-2015, 19:35
If you're going to accuse someone of fraud, you'd better back it up with solid proof. If you can't, stop making unbased and false accusations.

The fact that the released game had bugs has nothing to do with 'crowdfunding projects being notorious for scams'. SMS delivered the game, they are supporting it now, and they kept their promise of returning the toolpack fees to their backers and pay a revenue share on top of that. Nobody has been scammed.

How about informing yourself first about why and how pCARS2 was announced? It is normal practice to start development of a new title as soon as (often even before) a title has been delivered. SMS is still supporting pCARS1 with patches and DLC. pCARS2 won't be on the shelves for another 2 years.

Besides, pCARS2 is not crowd funded, the entry fees are just there to keep the idiots out and only get people in who are genuinely interested in helping with the development of the game.

Many other players? Source? Or are you just making things up on the spot?
1M+ sales and lots of people enjoying the game doesn't spell "flop" to me.

Feel free to search the internet yourself for that.

Support is continuous for all platforms. And if you'd care to do some research, you'd find that the largest group of pCARS players is on PS4.

I think you're starting to get off-limits here. Where did you read that SMS thinks that people would switch to PSN just for pCARS? Installation size of a game has nothing to do with frame rate performance. The complexity of physics and graphics engines, does, however.

if you cant do the research your self then don't but even in tone of the last trailers there was a mention on how there was lawsuits filed because some of the contributers thought it might have been a scam. its cool if you don't want to believe that but there is documented proof. and as far as other peoples opinion of the game , I think the forum pretty much covers that or the twitter feeds or the facebook comments, and not to mention my 10 years worth of racing buddies that I play with every night who also feel the same way. the game is a flop, and only 15 public lobbies on psn and 9 on xbox proves it. break 100 and then I might reconsider that statement.

AdM1
11-09-2015, 19:49
Wait, so let me get this right. Things are actually moving backwards?

Pink_650S
11-09-2015, 19:49
I'm always up for a rant, but not this one :D that wall is quite an achievement.

WRA NotSo
11-09-2015, 19:54
lawsuits where filed but nothing came of them and lawsuit where threatened but nothing came of those, that backs up my statement.... I never said they went through. i am saying that I believe the threat of lawsuits and presence of lawsuits is what pushed this game out when it wasn't even ready. you can kick me off for saying that but its true and all you have to do is google it. backers also wanted to sue over there not being a wiiu version because they where told there would be.. definatly some shady shit going on that's for sure. what sms needs to do is make shit right but unfortunaly it may be too late. there is no reason why that game cant run smoothly on all 3 platforms.

WRA NotSo
11-09-2015, 20:02
I'm always up for a rant, but not this one :D that wall is quite an achievement.
some people choose not to read and still comment on what they have not read I guess

WRA NotSo
11-09-2015, 20:08
super mod just delete this thread if you don't like it, its not gonna change how people feel, on the recent facebook posts pcars has made just go read the comments I bet out of 300 comments only 5 are positive. fix this fix that how come this aint working right, glitches hear, bugs there. how come they said they was ganna add this but now working on fake tracks blah blah. it want take long to understand how people really feel. that's where I get my statements from. there must be 200 complaint threads.

Pink_650S
11-09-2015, 20:12
some people choose not to read and still comment on what they have not read I guess

Some people choose not to use Enter on their keyboard, although they have it. ;)

Sankyo
11-09-2015, 20:40
lawsuits where filed but nothing came of them and lawsuit where threatened but nothing came of those, that backs up my statement.... I never said they went through. i am saying that I believe the threat of lawsuits and presence of lawsuits is what pushed this game out when it wasn't even ready. you can kick me off for saying that but its true and all you have to do is google it. backers also wanted to sue over there not being a wiiu version because they where told there would be.. definatly some shady shit going on that's for sure. what sms needs to do is make shit right but unfortunaly it may be too late. there is no reason why that game cant run smoothly on all 3 platforms.
I'm still not following. You're saying that some people posted on the internet that they tried or threatened to sue SMS, all that didn't work but still it's the reason why SMS published the game earlier than intended?

HenTheKing
12-09-2015, 01:19
Funding reached its goal and because of that it was closed. After that, the crowdfunding construction of WMD was deemed not compliant to some UK rules and therefore it wasn't allowed to be used any further. It was not the reason for the game being released sooner than planned, and nobody was sued or threatened to be sued.

What was the reason it was released sooner than planned?

AdM1
12-09-2015, 02:32

I don't think that was the case was it? More that it wasn't actually ready when release date came round hence the delays then they were pressured I guess because of the fuss, wasn't it originally November 2014?

Either way the game clearly needed more testing before being release but even now this many months on it's still littered with bugs so don't think it would of made much of a difference tbh.

What annoys me is they gave all this bull about how they were polishing it so we had the best possible experience when it came out, obviously all of that was lies just to shut people up.

bobbylion
12-09-2015, 08:32

How can you possibly say that? Look, its not like the head of studio of a crowdfunded game is rocking around in a Ferrari and a Porsche and has just moved his family to Singapore now is it!............................................................

Oh...hang on...

HenTheKing
12-09-2015, 10:26
Why did that mod say it was then? It said it twice.

HenTheKing
12-09-2015, 10:28
How can you possibly say that? Look, its not like the head of studio of a crowdfunded game is rocking around in a Ferrari and a Porsche and has just moved his family to Singapore now is it!............................................................

Oh...hang on...

He must have massive bugs over there as well!

Flat_out
12-09-2015, 10:41

Oh...hang on...

Lol

Pbucko
12-09-2015, 15:40
I was downloading forza 6 last night in the background while playing project cars online. I had everything turned on they recommend you turn off. The sound bug was awful every lap it kept happening at all different points of track. Anyway when forza had downloaded turned that on and guess what, 24 player multiplayer worked with no lag, super smooth. Game chat seemed to work, no disconnections. My point is it can't be Microsoft problem because there game seems to work. It's a project cars problem and for every patch that fixes one bug it creates another. The latest one time trial locked on switching on. Turn of Xbox turn back on and its unlocked. People still losing game save, game chat still broke and random disconnections. Nobody should be working on project cars 2 until project cars 1 runs properly as people on Xbox have paid good money for this bugfeast. It's a crying shame really because when the game works it's brilliant.

Dynomight Motorsports
12-09-2015, 16:21
I didn't think this was a big issue until I had to use the TM Spider wheel with no FFB. Then I realized when this Sound bug pops up you can't hear your tires and RPM's properly. With out the sound and the FFB it makes it very difficult to drive with any sort of sensory information other than sliding off the track because you slid the front wheels or you spin on exit because your back tires didn't hook-up. Audio is obviously a very important aspect of racing.

DEV's I encourage you to drive this game with sound MUTED and see how you get along with it. If you can HONESTLY match your lap times with MUTED sound than I guess we are all just a bunch of whining cry babies. If you can't HONESTLY match those lap times then I think you will see more weight in the issue at hand.

bobbylion
12-09-2015, 16:44
I didn't think this was a big issue until I had to use the TM Spider wheel with no FFB. Then I realized when this Sound bug pops up you can't hear your tires and RPM's properly. With out the sound and the FFB it makes it very difficult to drive with any sort of sensory information other than sliding off the track because you slid the front wheels or you spin on exit because your back tires didn't hook-up. Audio is obviously a very important aspect of racing.

DEV's I encourage you to drive this game with sound MUTED and see how you get along with it. If you can HONESTLY match your lap times with MUTED sound than I guess we are all just a bunch of whining cry babies. If you can't HONESTLY match those lap times then I think you will see more weight in the issue at hand.

Funny you say that as I sometimes use Turtle bay headphones and they plug into controller, then I use a wheel, so when controller turns itself off energy saving mode i loose all sound, its so true how much sound makes everything as the cars seem slower and its almost unplayable without any sounds. OK it seems obvious, but in a game the sound is giving probably 40 percent off the whole package of pretending to be in a racing car.

Other thing sound bug only occurs using the expensive head phones, through my TV or my 100 quid sound bar (cheap) it never happens...

HenTheKing
12-09-2015, 16:49
Jesus there are bigger problems than the frigging sound not working.

Everybody realise how ridiculous that sounds?! BIGGER problems than the SOUND not working.

madmax2069
12-09-2015, 16:51
I was downloading forza 6 last night in the background while playing project cars online. I had everything turned on they recommend you turn off. The sound bug was awful every lap it kept happening at all different points of track. Anyway when forza had downloaded turned that on and guess what, 24 player multiplayer worked with no lag, super smooth. Game chat seemed to work, no disconnections. My point is it can't be Microsoft problem because there game seems to work. It's a project cars problem and for every patch that fixes one bug it creates another. The latest one time trial locked on switching on. Turn of Xbox turn back on and its unlocked. People still losing game save, game chat still broke and random disconnections. Nobody should be working on project cars 2 until project cars 1 runs properly as people on Xbox have paid good money for this bugfeast. It's a crying shame really because when the game works it's brilliant.

You're missing a few things here.

For one turn10 is a Microsoft developer, they more then likely have access to SDKs (the SDK that fixes the issue with games using the 7th core) thats not available to 3rd parties yet. Another thing again, turn 10 is a first party developer, they dont develop game for multiple platforms which gives them a huge advantage over a game that is for multiple platforms.

There is a lot of things you just dont seem to understand and making assumptions due to your lack of understanding.

bobbylion
12-09-2015, 17:49
You're missing a few things here.

For one turn10 is a Microsoft developer, they more then likely have access to SDKs (the SDK that fixes the issue with games using the 7th core) thats not available to 3rd parties yet. Another thing again, turn 10 is a first party developer, they dont develop game for multiple platforms which gives them a huge advantage over a game that is for multiple platforms.

There is a lot of things you just dont seem to understand and making assumptions due to your lack of understanding.

To be fair though if a developer like SMS goes for mass market and multi platform (Turn 10 haven't) then they should be open to criticism if they don't get it right. SMS wanted to maximise this game and the sales possibilities and with that the hype that all platforms are running pretty much the same... so its no excuse to blame the hardware (although they like to around here) as frankly if it was that bad to work with then don't bloomin release the game for it.....
To release the game take the money AND then go, "oh well its the xbox1's issue" that isn't good enough....

Lukeymonster
12-09-2015, 17:56
This issue is not just isolated to project cars on my system. It happens with many games using the 7th core. The same exact thing happens to me with the Witcher 3 and most recently Metal Gear 5. It's so bad in Metal gear that while it's happening I lose control until the sound glitch ends. I think that once Microsoft provides the updated SDK this can be resolved.

I don't hold it against SMS because on my system the glitch has decreased in frequency and duration despite not having the lot of fully address the issue.

bobbylion
12-09-2015, 18:03
This issue is not just isolated to project cars on my system. It happens with many games using the 7th core. The same exact thing happens to me with the Witcher 3 and most recently Metal Gear 5. It's so bad in Metal gear that while it's happening I lose control until the sound glitch ends. I think that once Microsoft provides the updated SDK this can be resolved.

I don't hold it against SMS because on my system the glitch has decreased in frequency and duration despite not having the lot of fully address the issue.

Hey I don't even have this issue at all on my xbox1 unless i use my turtle bay headphones and even then its nothing major.. Just saying and point still stands if any developer is making multi platform games and taking money selling the games then you can't then go blaming the system as you could of chosen not to release it multi platform..

Sankyo
12-09-2015, 19:05
Poor choice of words from my side. It was actually released later than initially planned ;) What I meant is that the game wasn't rushed out prematurely, and there was certainly no pressure because of some legal issue.

bluesky0870
12-09-2015, 19:29
Poor choice of words from my side. It was actually released later than initially planned ;) What I meant is that the game wasn't rushed out prematurely, and there was certainly no pressure because of some legal issue.

How would you like to describe the release then? And how the actual state? I am only talking about Xbox1 version!!!

Sankyo
12-09-2015, 19:58
How would you like to describe the release then? And how the actual state? I am only talking about Xbox1 version!!!

It has been explained already before, the issues in particular on the XB1 were not seen pre-release or the game woudn't have been released. SMS wouldn't have wanted it, Microsoft wouldn't have allowed it.

HenTheKing
12-09-2015, 21:53

Not quite sure if your back tracking there or not! ;-)

AdM1
12-09-2015, 22:20
It has been explained already before, the issues in particular on the XB1 were not seen pre-release or the game woudn't have been released. SMS wouldn't have wanted it, Microsoft wouldn't have allowed it.

Did they actually play the game on an xbox one console before releasing?

bluesky0870
12-09-2015, 22:50

Sorry for becoming sarcastic, but... :D You are kidding, right?
If not please explain to me how all those large major bugs of the release version couldn't be noticed? And how is it possible that by patching one thing another is broken with every new patch?
I don't know on what kind of xbox console you were testing the release version and where are you testing the patches, but definitely not on those of the "normal consumers".

And please don't tell me again, the game wasn't released in a pre-mature state. You only have to look into the "known issues" list and patch release notes to see that a proper release obviously failed.

madmax2069
12-09-2015, 23:48
To be fair though if a developer like SMS goes for mass market and multi platform (Turn 10 haven't) then they should be open to criticism if they don't get it right. SMS wanted to maximise this game and the sales possibilities and with that the hype that all platforms are running pretty much the same... so its no excuse to blame the hardware (although they like to around here) as frankly if it was that bad to work with then don't bloomin release the game for it.....
To release the game take the money AND then go, "oh well its the xbox1's issue" that isn't good enough....

Less to do with the actual hardware, more to do with the SDK. Cant blame SMS for Microsoft's messup in the SDK.

Microsoft started allowing devs to acsess the 7 core with one of the SDKs updates (before that update it was reserves for the OS) but didnt include a way to determine how much of that 7th core they can use. Microsoft was supposed to be releasing another updated SDK that adds process scheduling for the 7th core so this issue can be resolved.

More games then just Project cars has this issue on Xbox one, Witcher 3 as example also has the issue on Xbox one.

Cant blame SMS for Microsoft's screw up.

A game can be optimized much more if the game was made for only one system that has the exact same hardware, vs making a game for multiple platforms which all have SDKs, as well as completely different hardware setups.

Theres a lot of things people can't and wont understand if you do not understand programming and development, and just assume about everything.

baz00ka
13-09-2015, 01:37
well, i do understand programming and development as this is what i do for a living. i also have experience with realtime systems including kernel scheduler implementations. this game being a sim is essentially a realtime system bc it has response time constraints it has to hit or else it simply fails to function. one of the first things you learn with realtime systems is you never push hardware to the limit bc if you do its almost a guaranteed fail especially if you dont have control over the entire system. this game is obviously pushing xbox1 to its limit and as result it fails, be it a sound issue or framerate dive or force feedback glitch. you can optimise all you can or want but unless you give a system like that some room to breathe (eg dial down on graphics detail or something) its still gonna fail every now and then and wont hit its response time constraints. granted its a game not an actual car or aircraft control system bc if it was the whole system is then would be deemed a failure. maybe sms will learn their lesson for pCars2 from this, maybe not, who knows but you cant blame microsoft for this.

what you can blame microsoft for here are a couple of things. 1st they didnt deliver on 'next gen' front hardware wise and 2nd they mad a step backwards from where they were before ie instead of building a dedicated gaming system they went for media centre approach where you have a resource heavy os running in background, support for background tasks and gimmicky kinect that is resource taxing as well. so that sucks and you can go tell them and see if they care but the issue here is these xbox1 systems were available, dev kits were available, hardware and supporting software capabilities and limitations were known so unless the xbox1 port of this game has been half baked and slapped on disc at last possible moment you cannot really blame microsoft for the state of this game on xbox1.

bobbylion
13-09-2015, 17:06
Less to do with the actual hardware, more to do with the SDK. Cant blame SMS for Microsoft's messup in the SDK.

Microsoft started allowing devs to acsess the 7 core with one of the SDKs updates (before that update it was reserves for the OS) but didnt include a way to determine how much of that 7th core they can use. Microsoft was supposed to be releasing another updated SDK that adds process scheduling for the 7th core so this issue can be resolved.

More games then just Project cars has this issue on Xbox one, Witcher 3 as example also has the issue on Xbox one.

Cant blame SMS for Microsoft's screw up.

A game can be optimized much more if the game was made for only one system that has the exact same hardware, vs making a game for multiple platforms which all have SDKs, as well as completely different hardware setups.

Theres a lot of things people can't and wont understand if you do not understand programming and development, and just assume about everything.

I'll not entertain anything from a PS4 fanboi thanks....

Sankyo
13-09-2015, 17:24

And such an attitude is not needed at all.

madmax2069
13-09-2015, 18:07

Wow WTF, assuming a bit much don't you think (just because I play this game on PS4). Im a gamer, not a fanboi thank you very much, I game on all systems thank you very much. Just because I have knowledge about things does not make me a fanboi thank you very much. And where in my post was I acting like a fanboi ? I was simply stating about Microsoft's screw up with how they went about allowing access to the 7th core in their previous SDKs, and how other games that use the 7th core on xbox one suffer from the same sound issues as Project Cars due to the SDK.

bobbylion
13-09-2015, 18:49
Wow WTF, assuming a bit much don't you think (just because I play this game on PS4). Im a gamer, not a fanboi thank you very much, I game on all systems thank you very much. Just because I have knowledge about things does not make me a fanboi thank you very much. And where in my post was I acting like a fanboi ? I was simply stating about Microsoft's screw up with how they went about allowing access to the 7th core in their previous SDKs, and how other games that use the 7th core on xbox one suffer from the same sound issues as Project Cars due to the SDK.

Whatever........ Please explain why PS4 has similar sound issues for SOME gamers then......

bobbylion
13-09-2015, 18:52
And such an attitude is not needed at all.

Sorry forgot PS4 sold more copies, consider my hand slapped....don't offend Ps4 and always say its Microsoft's fault for Xbox1 version..I will recite that...sorry again...

madmax2069
13-09-2015, 18:56
Whatever........ Please explain why PS4 has similar sound issues for SOME gamers then......

Because they're confusing those sound issues with the ones seen on Xbox one, when those issues are not at all related to each other, nor have the same effect, nor caused by the same issue.

Im not saying that the PS4 version doesn have sound issues, because it does, but its not the same as the sound issues on Xbox one.

bobbylion
13-09-2015, 19:12
Because they're confusing those sound issues with the ones seen on Xbox one, when those issues are not at all related to each other, nor have the same effect, nor caused by the same issue.

Im not saying that the PS4 version doesn have sound issues, because it does, but its not the same as the sound issues on Xbox one.

So to recap...PS4 has sound issue\bug which is SMS's fault, xbox 1 doesn't have that sound bug, yay!...... But wait.....it does have a sound bug...oh....but its because of Microsoft....

Really?

madmax2069
13-09-2015, 19:34
So to recap...PS4 has sound issue\bug which is SMS's fault, xbox 1 doesn't have that sound bug, yay!...... But wait.....it does have a sound bug...oh....but its because of Microsoft....

Really?

The sound issue (like missing sound effects, odd lowered volume on certain sound effects like the motor and skidding sounds) seen on PS4 also effect the PC version as well as the xbox one version, that issue is a bug and thats SMS's fault.

But the specific sound isssue I'm talking about seen on xbox one only effects xbox one due to the oversight on Microsofts behalf with their previous SDK (also of which was confirmed by Ian and other Devs), so apparently they're fanbois as well by your logic.

Its also must be SMS' s fault that other games that use the xbox ones 7th core have issues due to the SDK.

Im done with you.

bobbylion
13-09-2015, 19:39
The sound issue (like missing sound effects, odd lowered volume on certain sound effects like the motor and skidding sounds) seen on PS4 also effect the PC version as well as the xbox one version, that issue is a bug and thats SMS's fault.

But the specific sound isssue I'm talking about seen on xbox one only effects xbox one due to the oversight on Microsofts behalf with their previous SDK (also of which was confirmed by Ian and other Devs), so apparently they're fanbois as well by your logic.

Its also must be SMS' s fault that other games that use the xbox ones 7th core have issues due to the SDK.

Im done with you.

Your done with me? You mean your wrong...

ports
13-09-2015, 19:49
I had sound issues on ps4 before patch 3.0 no sound at the beginning of a race or TT etc. How i used to get the sound back was pausing the game after a few seconds going in to photo mode or watch a few seconds of the replay after that the sound would come back.But since 3.0 I've had no sound issues.

lrapsody
14-09-2015, 20:10
ERM I absolutely adore Project Cars. It has been the game I have waited since gtr2 for. Best. Sim. Ever.

And only improving.

OpticalHercules
14-09-2015, 21:53
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/system-update-operating-system

Apparently an xbox update that was installed today (Sept 14th, but released on Sept9th?) "addresses an in game audio issue"? Any idea if this is relevant to PCars audio issues?

madmax2069
14-09-2015, 22:11

Apparently an xbox update that was installed today (Sept 14th, but released on Sept9th?) "addresses an in game audio issue"? Any idea if this is relevant to PCars audio issues?

Very well could be, but it could also be addressing a different issue with in game sound altogether.

nissan4ever
14-09-2015, 22:26

Perhaps upcoming patch 4.0, along with this particular console update will fix sound problem. Fingers crossed :)

Lukeymonster
14-09-2015, 23:44
Perhaps upcoming patch 4.0, along with this particular console update will fix sound problem. Fingers crossed :)

It might be why we have not heard any news yet on the next patch. Maybe they are waiting to test on the new kit. I'd wait a bit longer to have that glitch disappear, in project cars and other games that I experience it in.

rtazz17
15-09-2015, 03:05
Personally Im looking forward to patch 18.1 when the game should almost be completed.hahaha! Then again it prolly wont be nearly fixed by then...

madmax2069
15-09-2015, 10:04

From what I just seen is that one of the upcoming updates is supposed to make the Xbox one's OS to only use one Core. this would leave the 7th core freely available for games, this would most likely fix the issues in games thats using the 7th core https://youtu.be/z3Ab4Rr80z8 skip to 1:40 in the video.

Bobbydakid
15-09-2015, 16:09

I've got the update and the sound bug is still there unfortunately.

Schnizz58
15-09-2015, 16:26
I've got the update and the sound bug is still there unfortunately.
As nissan said, it may require some coding from SMS to make use of the new SDK features. Or it could be totally unrelated.