PDA

View Full Version : Project cars scenarios? (Idea for new game mode)

snipeme77
10-09-2015, 13:52
Project cars scenarios?

So I’ve been playing around with an idea and I wanted to share it and see what you all think?

Being a sim fan in general on of my favorite games is MSTS or Microsoft Train Simulator… It was the first sim I ever had and I loved it and I still play it to this day…

One thing I loved about it was the scenarios, they acted kind of like missions. A day in the life of a train driver complete with timetables to meet, waybills to fulfill, and even animals and people to scare away from the tracks. It was fun and keep me playing for years…

Personally I think racing Sims could learn from this idea and add scenarios…
Forza 6 is kind of sort of doing this with their showcase events. However given the customizability of P cars and the Community events, I think scenarios could easily be added to the game.

The key to scenarios working is story. So for example

Two laps to glory…

Your name is Max Steel, a graduate of the Midfield Racing academy. A private school that focuses on obtaining a racing license, while getting a college education. With a history major under your belt, and a class B license, you’re attempting to race your way into a seat of the GT3 Euro championship. Top Speed GT is your first stop and you’re sitting just outside of a championship podium finish and a top 3 finish will put you over. With 2 laps to go, a full course caution is thrown and you’ve found yourself in 7th position overall. Can you race you way into the top 3, and qualify for the Euro Championship?

Something along these lines for each event, a small story giving you a reason to be racing in the first place.

So as for the race settings, each story determines the class of car, race length, start, weather conditions. So in the case of the story above…

2 lap race
Rolling start
Starting position, 7th
Class, GT3
Weather, Medium clouds, no change,
Time, 1600, no acceleration

Now the car and track. In my short story I’m basing this event off of. Max is driving a BMW M3 GT. Luckily that car is in the game so we can use it. The track however is a fictional circuit based in Iowa. I designed it to have a similar feel to Sonoma. So that will be the track.

Car BMW M3 GT
Track Sonoma GP

The Last variable is the AI. For this to feel its best I would recommend the AI being set to put similar lap times to your own. For me that’s about 67% give or take. (Yeah I’m slow sorry)

So one more time…
Two laps to glory…

Your name is Max Steel, a graduate of the Midfield Racing academy. A private school that focuses on obtaining a racing license, while getting a college education. With a history major under your belt, and a class B license, you’re attempting to race your way into a seat of the GT3 Euro championship. Top Speed GT is your first stop and you’re sitting just outside of a championship podium finish and a top 3 finish will put you over. With 2 laps to go, a full course caution is thrown and you’ve found yourself in 7th position overall. Can you race you way into the top 3, and qualify for the Euro Championship?

Race settings
2 lap race
Rolling start
Starting position, 7th
Class, GT3
Weather, Medium clouds, no change,
Time, 1600, no acceleration
Car BMW M3 GT
Track Sonoma GP

AI for best results, AI must have similar lap times to you…

Anyway this is just a idea, what do you think? I’ll post more as I make them…

Thanks, Snipeme77.

snipeme77
10-09-2015, 16:40
Bump

Edroh De Nornal
10-09-2015, 19:47
I think the problem is the time and development and not the lack of will

N0body Of The Goat
10-09-2015, 22:05
Reminds me of the scenarios in Test Drive Ferrari Legends.;)

snipeme77
10-09-2015, 23:07
I think the problem is the time and development and not the lack of will

Maybe, but all you would really need a "race setting save" feature in solo races. That way you could make your own missions, and download (or copy) other's ideas.
If nothing else just plug the settings into a solo race...
Also they could fall into community events, like GT5/6 did, except with a storyline attached. Just have the chick that did the class intros read the briefing...