PDA

View Full Version : Devs will you ever add endurance times?

KlubbinJay
10-09-2015, 22:58
Hi devs and SMS-employees,

I have a question that many of the players have been asked for in the past, but when will there be ever "endurance times" added into the game? Some of us really wants to play some realtime endurance-races at pCars. Is there a possibility for the devs to implement this into the game by a update or something???

Regards, Joey (KlubbinJay)

Roger Prynne
10-09-2015, 23:13
I've put the question forward to the Devs.

KlubbinJay
10-09-2015, 23:15
I've put the question forward to the Devs.

Thanks! :D I really appriciate that! ;)

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
10-09-2015, 23:36
We know it's technically possible, since the career has time-limited races, would be great to have the possibility for users to set them as well.

Slowsley
11-09-2015, 00:46
Any sort of time table, it's next up, its planned for somewhere in the next 2 patches...any word would be very welcomed by me. Thanks!

FS7
11-09-2015, 16:38
Being able to set race length by time would be a great option to have in solo mode & online.

artao
15-09-2015, 02:50
Just got the game this weekend on Steam sale, and was surprised to see that I could only set race length by laps.
Sure hope they (can) add time-based racing both in solo & online. Purrrty please? <insert cute kitten here>

Mr Akina
15-09-2015, 11:48
Considering they bought the 24H Le Mans licence, I would have thought that having this option in from the start was a no-brainer?! Any reason as to why it was left out?

Linus27
15-09-2015, 12:03
I would like this option as well.

NemethR
15-09-2015, 13:19
I am totally up for this option too.

Often I would have a 20 min or 30 min to race, and have to figure out how many laps I can do... It would be nice, if I could just set 20 min, and get racing :)

Or set up a 2 hour 40 min simulation of a 24H event, or something :)

Mahjik
15-09-2015, 13:34
It's on Ian's special list, so let's see what happens.

rocafella1978
15-09-2015, 14:29
it has been asked since first release of pCARS without any replies, comments nor feedback. special list or not, one would think a racing game with multiple classes and historic endurance race tracks would have this feature from the first release......

Loki C346
15-09-2015, 15:32
I would be very excited about such a feature. I race weekly with a bunch of friends and we like to keep the races around 15-20 minutes. It would make things a lot easier and more life-life to just set it as a 20 minute enduro race.

Shinzah
16-09-2015, 00:01
it has been asked since first release of pCARS without any replies, comments nor feedback. special list or not, one would think a racing game with multiple classes and historic endurance race tracks would have this feature from the first release......

It did have this feature from the first release. It didn't have this feature *online* in the release. Or for solo sessions. There are timers in career mode. There is probably a technical reason for this that requires a lot of work. Endurance racing is still possible via lap set, so 500km and 1000km races are still do-able for now.

There are many racing disciplines in the game besides multiclass endurance sports car racing, and so even if one 'expects' a certain feature, it may not be implemented in this form which is expected due to the constraints of development. Of course, I understand "This is a huge feature missing" and such, but please keep in mind that there are "huge features" missing in a few of the other disciplines as well, and other "huge features" missing to a bunch of other players.

I am reasonably sure this may be patched in, considering the timers work mostly fine in career mode. However if there is a major technical reason why it's been omitted from solo sessions or online, it should at least be respected.