PDA

View Full Version : Guys, you really have to improve that game. A lot unfortunately :(

superdashi
11-09-2015, 12:58
Hi there,

i have to admit that i'm quite frustrated cause my gaming experience is actually going till zero, but i will try to keep this post as constructive as possible. My playtime is about 82 hours since release. I bought every DLC so far. I use a Logitech G25 Wheel, and sometimes Occulus SDK2. What bothers me the most, are the little, unnecessary things that just take all the fun. I'll try to structure it a little:

Multiplayer:

1) Opponent names are way to tiny, you never know who kicked you of track or going wrong direction on purpose
2) with the occulus, opponent names are all over the windscreen, you don't see the track anymore
3) server list is a total mess.
- it's buggy. It shows wrong tracks, cars etc. sometimes. It switches top to bottom randomly
- you can't sort like players, classes etc.
- filters are buggy as well, and insufficient. I want to race with pro settings. That means forced cocpit view, no aids and so on
- serve list doesn't show the session times, nor the elapsed session time
- to me, a decent server list with all information you need would be priority number 1!
4) sync errors. Maybe people with crappy internet connection shouldn't be able to host races? A server shows green in the list, once you connect, everyone is bloody red
5) No timer is beeing given when a session is going to finish. If you are in setup fe. you just get kicked out to start a race with only god knows what settings you've chosen
6) Race results. No fastest lap times, no nothing! You just get beamed back to lobby after what? 10 seconds? unacceptable for a simulation like this wants to be
7) I would find more, but the essentials are named

Garage:

WTF? This is so badly implemented, i have never seen anything like this. Choose a livery! It's easy and totaly cool. sarcasm here
showroom? You can't even rotate the car to see the livery. Not even talking about zooming or paning here

Setups:

Right. I won't go into detail, you sure know the major flaw allready. One setup for all tracks, all races, all circumstances. As it is, just delete it.

Also, i'm under the impression that changing values in the setup is somewhat ... stupid. For example, i've tried to get some setup for the RUF 12T yellowbird on Nordschleife. Changing some values minimal, the car is out of control completely. front tire pressure 2 psi down has a HUUUUUGE effect. sway bars 1 NM change, the car is just not driveable anymore. Maybe i'm a total noob, but i have something i can compare Pcars to. GTR, GTR2, GTL. I played those games a lot, and every small change in the setup produced a small change in behavior of the car. I was able to narrow a good setup. Not in project cars.

Cars/Classes:

Would be nice if you would consider bringing carpacks with cars, that actually fit in the same class! How many classes do we have actually, where only 1 vehicle can race?

Psysics:

Well, how do i put it? My english is probably not good enough to describe in detail what bothers me. But i feel, all cars are just senseless understeering. Of course it doesn't feel like understeering, but i guess there is just no other explanation. Example:

You drive into a narrow curve. You are to fast, your car will understeer, no matter what you do with the wheel. So far, so good. But in Pcars, you are incapable of escalating any reaction with your throttle. It just goes understeering. This can best be seen on Nordschleife, best in fast corners. If you are to fast, you will just get dragged out. It's no fun, and it sure hasn't anything to do with a sim.

Also, GT3 and GT4 drive like they were on rails, whereas all the fancy vehicles are so hard to hold them on track if you go fast.

On a side note, have you tried to race the yellowbild on the community event Nordschleife? The thing will spin on Tiergarten with no throttle at all. The first left after pits, you go in with 70 km/h, no throttle, and it will spin without any chance of recover. Embarrasing! Try time trial with yellowbird on Road America. Ridiculous brake lengh before every corner. Dunno why, i've checked calibration of the pedals, are working fine. Tires skid and all, it just doesnt brake.

At the actuall stage, this game is a beta for me. I will not buy any more DLC before this lobby/server list thing is fixed. I love to race, i would gladly support the community who made this project happen. But this is just too bad, i'm sorry to say. And i mean it. There was a long time after GTR2, i had so much hope in Pcars.

ONT
11-09-2015, 13:29
Don't think multiplayer was much of a priority during development, hopefully some improvements can be seen in future patches.

SUBGTRACER
11-09-2015, 13:34
I agree with your post very well written

I'm just about done myself , the whole game is a beta as you say. All be it a succefull mess that sold a million copies .
Done with DLC myself , I will put the game Down until the next patch as the whole experience is becoming more frustrating then the limited enjoyment it is returning .

Dasidnii
11-09-2015, 13:48
The game has gotten a lot better since launch, but the only problem that SMS is having is they like to release patches that have A TON of fixes in it, and it usually adds more issues than fixes. They just need to focus on a FEW things at a time and not everything.

LordDRIFT
11-09-2015, 14:41
The game has gotten a lot better since launch, but the only problem that SMS is having is they like to release patches that have A TON of fixes in it, and it usually adds more issues than fixes. They just need to focus on a FEW things at a time and not everything.

I keep saying the same thing.

balderz002
11-09-2015, 15:37
At least fixes are coming. I came across from WarThunder, and their system is total crap. Everyone tells them the problems, and yet feedback is zilch, and some problems are still there, 3 years later. The game Devs run it like cold war Russia! This is a great place in Comparison!

Pink_650S
11-09-2015, 16:51
E-Sport though.

CopperySinger5
11-09-2015, 17:00
yawn??? I agree but unfortunately this thread will get filled with moderator bias and eventually closed.

maurice-pascale
11-09-2015, 17:31
I must agree with BETA game......would be better they have waited till end of the year, to release it......

FStarred
11-09-2015, 17:40
I partially agree on some points exposed on this post, however patch 3.0 fixed and improved this game a lot.
Just think about the new track cut detection that make this game more playable than before.

On the other hand, as reported before, I'd like to see a more coupled track/class strategy on the whole game and the future DLC as well. And the IA for the open wheels is still to much rude.
But to say the game is a beta is to much evil to me, the game is actually the best you can get from console.

Hope that pcars2 (if not any future patch) will go further to the quality stuff instead of the quantity.

maurice-pascale
11-09-2015, 18:12
I partially agree on some points exposed on this post, however patch 3.0 fixed and improved this game a lot.
Just think about the new track cut detection that make this game more playable than before.

On the other hand, as reported before, I'd like to see a more coupled track/class strategy on the whole game and the future DLC as well. And the IA for the open wheels is still to much rude.
But to say the game is a beta is to much evil to me, the game is actually the best you can get from console.

Hope that pcars2 (if not any future patch) will go further to the quality stuff instead of the quantity.

The track cut detection isn't very great after the patch......on some tracks i can run totally trough the grass and get no warning ......noticed that on some tracks and its annoying......and on some tracks it works perfect......

superdashi
11-09-2015, 18:14
if it gets biased or closed, i can't help it. I am just trying to give some feedback. If they want my money for more DLC, they need to fix the basics first. Thats the basic message.

PS: Just remebered few things:

- Creating online game: the lengh of the sessions. Qualify only 15, 30 and then 60!!! minutes. Why on earth .... ?!?

AdM1
11-09-2015, 18:14
Maybe they need to bring out an incentive to get gamers back? (once the game actually work properly) My main gripe is there's hardly anyone online and half the races with full lobbies are either GT3 or LMP1 oh and when you finally do find a race that a bit out of the ordinary you cant bloody join it. Good work sms! :rolleyes:

CopperySinger5
11-09-2015, 18:21

I feared pcars was going to get spoon fed treatment when they announced pcars 2. And yes I sounded the alarm on that issue but my opinion was immediately shut down by die-hard fans and mods. So now here we are, where's all the game perfection and amazing content you firmly promised us SMS? Oh, the yellowbird; so amazing.

SMS you don't have to hide from us, It is obvious imo that this game is on hold until pcars 2. Send us some amazing dlc content and we will be happy.

Gehzilla
11-09-2015, 18:26
Guys remember...Project Cars 2 the Ultimate Simulator ;-)

Skrillex
11-09-2015, 18:33
I wish people would stop bringing up pcars 2. Pcars 1 has only been out for 4 months and it has a long way to go as far as dlc and patches. Pcars 2 is at least 3 yrs away and should not be in any discusion on this forum outside of specific pcars 2 threads. Let's work on getting our current game/Sim as good as it can be before bringing up a sequel is even a thought.

bobbylion
11-09-2015, 18:40
I wish people would stop bringing up pcars 2. Pcars 1 has only been out for 4 months and it has a long way to go as far as dlc and patches. Pcars 2 is at least 3 yrs away and should not be in any discusion on this forum outside of specific pcars 2 threads. Let's work on getting our current game/Sim as good as it can be before bringing up a sequel is even a thought.

And its already 27.99....

Pink_650S
11-09-2015, 18:46

More like 1 year and 8 months away ;)

Angst1974
11-09-2015, 18:46
Why are you here , and not off playing something else ?

FStarred
11-09-2015, 18:56
I feared pcars was going to get spoon fed treatment when they announced pcars 2. And yes I sounded the alarm on that issue but my opinion was immediately shut down by die-hard fans and mods. So now here we are, where's all the game perfection and amazing content you firmly promised us SMS? Oh, the yellowbird; so amazing.

SMS you don't have to hide from us, It is obvious imo that this game is on hold until pcars 2. Send us some amazing dlc content and we will be happy.

As Ian Bell said in an older post, it's a de facto standard that after a game is released part of development move to the sequel.
Btw, at least 2 patches were released after the announcement. You can say that you didn't like the way SMS focus on the fixes, but in fact they did a lot of stuff

superdashi
11-09-2015, 19:04
Why are you here , and not off playing something else ?

That's easy to answer. First, pcars should or could fill the nishe of a real racing sim (not your casual arcade racer). I guess we can all agree, that the main work on a racing game are graphics and physics. Graphics is brilliant, physics ... well. But the major points i mentioned are menus and options and settings.

Secondly, i paid for this game.

Pink_650S
11-09-2015, 19:13
That's easy to answer. First, pcars should or could fill the nishe of a real racing sim (not your casual arcade racer). I guess we can all agree, that the main work on a racing game are graphics and physics. Graphics is brilliant, physics ... well. But the major points i mentioned are menus and options and settings.

Sadly thats what you have to expect from people that dont let anyone criticise their beloved game, even if its constructive criticism like yours. :p

Schnizz58
11-09-2015, 19:16
Right. I won't go into detail, you sure know the major flaw allready. One setup for all tracks, all races, all circumstances.
Maybe you should go into detail because it doesn't make sense as written.

Pink_650S
11-09-2015, 19:17
Maybe you should go into detail because it doesn't make sense as written.

'One setup for all tracks' makes perfect sense to me.
Nothing more needs to be said.

Angst1974
11-09-2015, 19:17

... but "you hate it , and they are not going to fix it" ... So why waste the time , so really SMS was going to just abandon the game and not fix it, but once they read you post they changed their minds ? Plus there are a ton of people having lots of fun with this , which kinda disproves some of your points.

I've bought a few crappy games over the years, I just gave up on some, waited on others . All in all , I didn't pay "much" for this game compared to what I have put into my PC and controllers.

Schnizz58
11-09-2015, 19:19
'One setup for all tracks' makes perfect sense to me.
Nothing more needs to be said.

Then explain it to me.

Pink_650S
11-09-2015, 19:22
Then explain it to me.

Are you kidding me right now? ;)

One setup for all tracks, for any circumstances (conditions - sun, rain, fog, you know).
People have been complaining about only one setup since day 1.

Schnizz58
11-09-2015, 19:24
Are you kidding me right now? ;)

One setup for all tracks, for any circumstances (conditions - sun, rain, fog, you know).
People have been complaining about only one setup since day 1.
But there isn't just one setup for all tracks. That's why it doesn't make sense.

Pink_650S
11-09-2015, 19:25
... but "you hate it , and they are not going to fix it" ... So why waste the time , so really SMS was going to just abandon the game and not fix it, but once they read you post they changed their minds ? Plus there are a ton of people having lots of fun with this , which kinda disproves some of your points.

I've bought a few crappy games over the years, I just gave up on some, waited on others . All in all , I didn't pay "much" for this game compared to what I have put into my PC and controllers.

But SMS will do something when the players dont say anything? Do you even read what you write?
And the whole approach of SMS towards this game is based on feedback, so not quite sure why you compare it to other games.

Pink_650S
11-09-2015, 19:26
But there isn't just one setup for all tracks. That's why it doesn't make sense.

Can you tell me how to create and save a 2nd setup for Spa when its rainy for example?
Thanks in advance.

Sankyo
11-09-2015, 19:27
yawn??? I agree but unfortunately this thread will get filled with moderator bias and eventually closed.

Last warning: stop pretending to be a victim and stop posting unbased and unwarranted accusations towards SMS. The only thing you're doing is posting vitriol here. One more posting like this and you're out.

Schnizz58
11-09-2015, 19:27
Can you tell me how to create and save a 2nd setup for Spa when its rainy for example?
Thanks in advance.
No but that's different. You're talking about multiple setups for each track and he said one setup for all tracks.

Pink_650S
11-09-2015, 19:30
No but that's different. You're talking about multiple setups for each track and he said one setup for all tracks.

You know exactly what he meant.
If you didnt, well, now you do.

Schnizz58
11-09-2015, 19:31
I don't know what he meant but I know what he said.

Pink_650S
11-09-2015, 19:40
I don't know what he meant but I know what he said.

Kindergarten.

Schnizz58
11-09-2015, 19:57
Man, what got into you all of a sudden? All I asked for was clarification of a sentence that didn't make any sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WJXHY2OXGE

Skrillex
11-09-2015, 19:59
And its already 27.99....

That's nearly what pcars 1 is going for on amazon now. Normally there isn't a price drop on a game for a good 6 months after release. Food for thought....

More like 1 year and 8 months away ;)

See Pink now you're just swearing at me. ;) we can't have such negativities on this forum its bad for business. :) Anything under at least 2 yrs and I will be nearly as annoyed in pcars2 as I was when pcars2 was announced to begin with.

Machinist90
11-09-2015, 20:00
I'm kinda waiting for the next patch and see where it goes from there,at the moment I'm too busy playing metal gear

Mahjik
11-09-2015, 20:18
Sadly thats what you have to expect from people that dont let anyone criticise their beloved game, even if its constructive criticism like yours. :p

If that were actually true, this thread would have been deleted right after it's creation.

Kindergarten.

Knock it off. The text as written doesn't say what you interpreted. If you expect everyone to interpret things the exact same way you do, you are going to be arguing with people all the time for the rest of your life. Unfortunately, written language can leave much to the imagination so not everyone will read into the same things as you. I too took those words at face value myself, so I was going to comment and correct them.

Pink_650S
11-09-2015, 20:42
I'm kinda waiting for the next patch and see where it goes from there,at the moment I'm too busy playing metal gear

Yes, MGS V and Rocket League :)

CopperySinger5
11-09-2015, 21:07
Last warning: stop pretending to be a victim and stop posting unbased and unwarranted accusations towards SMS. The only thing you're doing is posting vitriol here. One more posting like this and you're out.

Explanation for this type of accusation?

Because without cause, nowhere it is written that I am not allowed to express my opinion which is clearly stated.

What, you don't like my opinions? Well you should make it known that opinions are not allowed, or explain yourself to us what is specifically not accepted in my post.

"The best thing you can do now instead of flaming is to prove it , prove that what the community fears is not true." Give them what they expect. It seems you have it backwards, it is you (as a representative) the one who will be looked at with a narrow scope, not me.

Umer Ahmad
11-09-2015, 21:30
Explanation for this type of accusation?

Because without cause, nowhere it is written that I am not allowed to express my opinion which is clearly stated.

What, you don't like my opinions? Well you should make it known that opinions are not allowed, or explain yourself to us what is specifically not accepted in my post.

"The best thing you can do now instead of flaming is to prove it , prove that what the community fears is not true." Give them what they expect. It seems you have it backwards, it is you (as a representative) the one who will be looked at with a narrow scope, not me.
Good bye

The thread is still open to discuss problems/solutions with the game. We will not entertain accusations against SMS or the volunteer moderators of this forum.

NuclearPenguin
11-09-2015, 21:35

I didn't know what he meant either until reading more into the thread. If there was one error in what he thinks isn't in the game then there could potentially be more (In this case there's probably none). He should be careful with his wording though if he wants to be credible.