PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS is now an official ESL eSport! First event this weekend.

Joseph Barron
11-09-2015, 15:15
Hi everyone!

Project CARS is now an official eSport thanks to our partners at ESL Gaming.

Starting this Sunday there will be Kick-Offs cups for Project CARS until October when the Go4 Series begins! The Go4 Series includes weekly cups with 50€ prize money and a big Monthly Final with 150€ prize money for Xbox One, PS4 & PC! Besides Cups there's also a 1on1 Ladder where you can prove that you are the best racer in Europe!

The Kick-Off cups will run through September as a warm-up lap before the Go4 Series starts!

Sign-ups for the first Cup are now open! The races take place this Sunday. You can enter the Kick-Off Cups on PS4, Xbox One or PC.

Choose your platform and sign-up to compete at:
play.eslgaming.com/global/news/259724 (http://play.eslgaming.com/global/news/259724/)

Many of you guys are the fastest drivers in the SMS-R Championship, so we're sure you'll be super competitive in the ESL eSports scene as well.

Good luck!

Siberian Tiger
11-09-2015, 15:34
I allready signed up for this Event.. Looking forward to it :)

ONT
11-09-2015, 15:53
Cool :)

Hoping this will lead to lots of important improvements in the multiplayer area of this game :)

StarCraft 2, League of Legends, Counter Strike are stellar examples of how E-sport improve quality of the game.

SGETI
11-09-2015, 16:13
Please excuse my lack of knowledge regarding ESL. I am reading and learning as fast as I can, however I do have a question or two.

Is this event solely for Europeans?

Can Someone from USA or Brazil enter this event?

Thanking you in advance for your time and answers.

Joseph Barron
11-09-2015, 16:16
Please excuse my lack of knowledge regarding ESL. I am reading and learning as fast as I can, however I do have a question or two.

Is this event solely for Europeans?

Can Someone from USA or Brazil enter this event?

Thanking you in advance for your time and answers.

It's not just for Europeans. You can enter from USA, Brazil and lots of other places. If you scroll to the bottom of the page that's linked in the OP, you will see a list of all the countries that can take part.

donpost
11-09-2015, 16:18
I see nothing in the rules about not ramming people off of the track etc..... this was the drawback of the competitive Forza 2 scene back in 2007 or whenever it was; it wasn't racing it was Mario Kart.

Joseph Barron
11-09-2015, 16:33
I see nothing in the rules about not ramming people off of the track etc..... this was the drawback of the competitive Forza 2 scene back in 2007 or whenever it was; it wasn't racing it was Mario Kart.

There are slow-down penalties already in the game for unnecessary contact and the like. Many of the entrants to the eSports competitions will be pretty good Project CARS players too, so we're not expecting too much chaos in these races for now. Of course, we'll certainly listen to what the players are saying if there are any concerns after the first few events.

ONT
11-09-2015, 16:55
Will flag rules be improved with correct Yellow and Blue flags ?

RIP21
11-09-2015, 17:02
Another big question. Is it okay to not restrict helpers? I don't think it's a fairplay when one person use TC, ABS and Stability Control, and his competitor is not. When one person can just press break pedal right to the floor, as well as the throttle, and have no problem in entrance of the corner end on the exit also. And can setup car more aggresive cause helpers will do their job.
When another, real fan of simulation etc with no helpers, like all this stuff such as work carefull with pedals and so on, but will lose to that sort of "cheater" who just don't care and want to win.
This game is all about simulation (I hope), so competitions must be without helpers. Helpers is created only for guys with gamepads, keyboards and just to sell game to the guys who just want to play a racing game, not a sim, and he just really think that all this awesome simulation is for nerds/geeks/fans and all they want is to drive Ruf and etc.
So switch off helpers, for wheel users as minimum.

Elmo
11-09-2015, 17:13
There is a good discussion in this recent thread why Assists don't have to be an advantage: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38916-Assists-Real

The gist is that it isn't as black and white as you put it.

RIP21
11-09-2015, 17:34
There is a good discussion in this recent thread why Assists don't have to be an advantage: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38916-Assists-Real

The gist is that it isn't as black and white as you put it. Oh, I understand that. But why not to set it to Real? So cars with TC, ABS, SC will have it, and those who are not, no. Will be cool.

ONT
11-09-2015, 20:15
Oh, I understand that. But why not to set it to Real? So cars with TC, ABS, SC will have it, and those who are not, no. Will be cool.

No kidding lol, you don't see a whole lot of Counter Strike tournaments allowing aim-bots :)

Don't know what the plan is but force cockpit camera and no assist would make for a more serious sim racing experience.

miagi
11-09-2015, 20:15
What car is it? The Info mage says:

Car Class: GT3 - every car is acceptable

The Rules say:

1.1.1.1. Structure & Sessions

Privacy: Private
Maximum Grid Size: 2
Car Class: TOURING – Mercedes AMG-C DTM
Practise 1: No
Warmup : 5min - Setup Time
Qualifying: NO
Warmup: No

So what is it?

Also I really don't understand why the Aids can't be "real". pCARS put some effort into this to sort out what car actually has what in real life, and then you don't make a use of it. Potential lost.

Unfortunately wrong though, it is not an advantage up to the point someone makes a super funky setup that is only driveable with SC. If that is the direction pCARS eSport is going, I'm already not interested any more.

TheDoctor46
11-09-2015, 21:32
Signed up, hoping for the best for sundays car choose... (see miagi's post) ;) Also agree about the aids...SMS put a lot of research into making the aids fitting...would be wasted to not use it for league racing =/

Siberian Tiger
11-09-2015, 22:41
What car is it? The Info mage says:

The Rules say:

So what is it?

Also I really don't understand why the Aids can't be "real". pCARS put some effort into this to sort out what car actually has what in real life, and then you don't make a use of it. Potential lost.

Unfortunately wrong though, it is not an advantage up to the point someone makes a super funky setup that is only driveable with SC. If that is the direction pCARS eSport is going, I'm already not interested any more.

First i'm with Miagi on the Aids... Force Real is the only Option that should be in an eSports League.
And i allready pointed out on the ESL Forum that in the Main Description now stands “any GT3“ (before it was the Merc DTM), but in the detail description is the “old“ Merc DTM written.

ONT
12-09-2015, 01:26
Unfortunately wrong though, it is not an advantage up to the point someone makes a super funky setup that is only driveable with SC.
If that is the direction pCARS eSport is going,
I'm already not interested any more.

I hope You participate AND fight for the features necessary for a good E-sport venue, Safety Rating, Racing Licence system, Drive through penalty's, On track car adjustments, Car setup sharing, Spectating Options,
Correct Flag rules, Manual driving in Pit area, Pace Car, Driver Stats, Fixed Car Setup Racing etc etc etc.

There is lot's and lot's to learn from iRacing in the competitive broadcasted SIM-racing field.

Bringing pCARS in to the E-sports ARENA could potentially be the best thing that ever happened,
bringing on the laser focused attention needed to stay competitive among the E-sports games like Counter Strike, League of Legends, Star Craft 2,
forcing the necessary improvements of what is lacking in the multiplayer aspect of this SIM.

If a small fringe PC sim like iRacing can muster a 20 000 $ price pool, imagine what a sim like pCARS on all 3 major platforms can raise between car manufacturers, console paraphernalia
wheel manufacturers and graphics card/monitor sponsorships.

Would love to see some of the top ranked sim racers in the world participate in some pCARS event :cool:

Road :

Greger Huttu

Martin Krönke

Olli Pahkala

Hugo Luis

Mitchell deJong

Race Start 8.25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-gcJ-6bxP8

Race Start 32.30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePYeKRVo6uI

OVAL :

Ray Alfalla

Kenny Humpe

PJ Stergios

Matt Bussa

Bryan Blackford

Race Start 10.20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHDd9i3g2UM

Race Start 15.15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj_QlJUJp80

Pfalzdriver
12-09-2015, 05:45
Just to be sure here, the first race is Hockenheim GP? It's 7am here, maybe my brain is still hooking the sack. ;)

mihalo
12-09-2015, 08:19
Yes first race is Hockenheim GP and 4 laps. Also they have updated rules and car is any GT3 class not Mercedes AMG-C DTM. There is no mention about mechanical damage? I assume it is on because damage is full, right?

Also Kick Off Cups doesn't have any prizes? When Go4 series starts (October) there will be €50 prize money and a big Monthly Final with €150 prize money.

MrBlacky
12-09-2015, 08:28
Would love to see some of the top ranked sim racers in the world participate in some pCARS event :cool:

Don't worry I will be there.

TheDoctor46
12-09-2015, 08:51
Also Kick Off Cups doesn't have any prizes?
To be fair, Kick Off Cup doesnt have any conditions of participation. You only need an ESL account and the game to get go :)

Mrbrown33
12-09-2015, 09:06
Would love to take part in this but it's pointless on the xb1 due to the online lag.

Mrbrown33
12-09-2015, 11:19
The boys at the fantastic TORA set up a full sponsored event for Pcars, and unfortunately it failed due to how bad the online lobbys ran. I myself run a gaiming web site and have advertised the we are going to run Pcars events, but all this has been put on hold due to how unstable online is.

Sascha F.
12-09-2015, 11:37
Well, 4 laps? 2 laps on Spa? You won't even get your tire pressures up. But I can understand now why there is no need for working pit stops and strategies, or multiple car setups. 2-4 laps at fixed clear weather - well yes that will work without all that. :)

Nothing interesting to see here for people who love to work on setups to reduce tyre wear and be fast and consistent over longer races in changing conditions. Not my cup of tea, absolutely not.

ONT
12-09-2015, 13:46
Well, 4 laps? 2 laps on Spa? You won't even get your tire pressures up. But I can understand now why there is no need for working pit stops and strategies, or multiple car setups. 2-4 laps at fixed clear weather - well yes that will work without all that. :)

Nothing interesting to see here for people who love to work on setups to reduce tyre wear and be fast and consistent over longer races in changing conditions. Not my cup of tea, absolutely not.

The official race is 3-4 laps, that sounds a little silly.

A League of Legends or StarCraft 2 match normally run 30-45 min, at least put it in that bracket, a 2-4 lap race......isn't that the standard Mario Kart format :)

Sascha F.
12-09-2015, 14:03
Well, see, we have that fantastic weather system with (random) changing conditions which allows for strategic races without being static the whole race, the possibility of making use of tyre saving for late fast laps to gain time or positions late in the race or even save one pit stop, and there's other things that made pcars interesting for me. The dynamic race procedure, that is where pcars stands out for me.

Honestly, it was not necessarily the FFB that I still haven't brought to my liking in most of the cars or the car physics/driving feel - there are other competitors that do a better job.

Doing 1on1 pedal to the metal 2-lap races in clear weather, and all that without restrictions (I mean not even real driving aids are forced - in a DTM car...). There's nothing less interesting.

Oh, and all that without qualifying. Yeah, if you have a track and car combination where it's hard to overtake (esp within 2 laps!), the winner is chosen by luck, getting the pole randomly from the system? Ouch.

ONT
12-09-2015, 17:08
I said it during development and I'll say it again....I'm all for OPTIONS, if mushroom power ups sells I'm all for them.... but make them OPTIONAL :cool:

But with all the threads regarding online wreckers.....I'm not so sure the MARIO/FLAT OUT style racing is the official one we should promote for this SIM.

A normal race 20-30 laps, some Flag rules, drive through penalty's and with qualifying,

a small field at this stage 6-8 racers for better performance should do the trick.

Looking at TWITCH, E-sports event that top out at 100 000 and more viewers are normally matches at 30-45 minutes (League of Legends, Dota 2, StarCraft 2).

redruMKO
12-09-2015, 18:22

I'm inclined to agree with RIP21.

If you shuffle words around enough you can make anything logically 'grey' or black/white.

Step back a little and you are saying that AIDS do not help drivers. So why are they included on every new car? ...and turned on by default in games...

bmanic
12-09-2015, 18:55
I find the whole setup and events extremely badly thought of. Real driving AIDS needs to be on, each race should be a minimum of 15 laps.. more would be much better. Very clear car choices/class without ambiguity. Frankly, I find it amazing how badly something like this is organized.

EDIT: ok, maybe Nordschleife doesn't need to be 15 laps but 2 laps is still too little.. it could be 4 or 5. But seriously.. 4 laps for the "normal" tracks? That buggs me the most. Just shows how much influence Forza and GT have.. short short races. Incredibly frustrating.

ONT
12-09-2015, 23:16
Looking at the ESL page this looks to be a Euro event only.....lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkxAAilnLEI

marcdxn
13-09-2015, 10:43
The kick off cup i think** is to get an idea of how its going to work and to see what issues might crop up without having a large group over a long duration.
I think this because since i signed up the rules have changed 2-3 times over 2 days! first it was Mercedes DTM, then it was GT3, then the starting circuit / track changed from hockenheim to Imola and today it says GT3 but Bentley GT3 is not allowed.

To me it looks like more of a test event to gauge how they are going to run this

which makes sense tbh

No point in hosting 35 lap races all weekend to find its a flop and no one comes back to do it again, better running smaller stages and see how that pans out first.

Kroegtijgertje
13-09-2015, 11:05
I was planning on driving with the Bentley, so that sucks for me!
Hopefully they're not planning on making more restrictions.

marcdxn
13-09-2015, 11:11
Its a really strange format too because you have little to no time to really make any changes to the car you choose to race in.

Siberian Tiger
13-09-2015, 11:13
It seems that they are not very well organised :( So much changes since Wednesday... And why no Bentley? It doesn't give anyone an advantage or disadvantage...

TheDoctor46
13-09-2015, 11:15
then the starting circuit / track changed from hockenheim to Imola and today it says GT3 but Bentley GT3 is not allowed.
Agreed on all above, but the track wasnt changed but rather added because of more participants than 65 which means 7 instead of 6 rounds are neccessary :) Well, while saying this, theres more than 128 participants so we'll likely have a new first track :glee:

And while Im here, Im really looking forward how 1v1 matches will end knowing that collisions cant be disabled :D

marcdxn
13-09-2015, 12:12
all participants are required to record there races and upload asap after each race?

Did i read that correctly, i mean thats absolutely fine for me i do quite a bit of youtube uploading / video encoding in premier so i have a template to get things up quick but what about everyone else
What difference does it make unless there is an incident or some cheating to look back at.

marcdxn
13-09-2015, 12:13
Silverstone has just been added for group 1

mihalo
13-09-2015, 12:24
all participants are required to record there races and upload asap after each race?

Did i read that correctly, i mean thats absolutely fine for me i do quite a bit of youtube uploading / video encoding in premier so i have a template to get things up quick but what about everyone else
What difference does it make unless there is an incident or some cheating to look back at.

How about console users? It is possible to save replay but how I can get that replay on my pc?

marcdxn
13-09-2015, 13:06
4. Match media
All match media (screenshots, demos, etc) must be kept for at least 14 days. In general, you should upload the match media from a match to the match page as soon as possible. Faking or manipulating match media is of course forbidden and will result in severe penalties. Match media should be named clearly based on what it is. It is not possible to file a protest or write a support ticket to complain about bad match media naming. However, if an admin is hindered in their work because of bad match media names then it can be punished for.

4.1. Demos/Replays
Both players are responsible for uploading the replay of the match to the match page as soon as possible after the match.

Kroegtijgertje
13-09-2015, 15:26
How nice, being pushed off the track and there's nothing you can do about it

TheDoctor46
13-09-2015, 15:29
Temporary potential fix: End the race, save the replay and hand it to ESL admins. Problem solved. Mb not for this kickoff because theres literally no time between races, but in general :)

Brainbug
13-09-2015, 16:12
so what now? ESL seems down

MarioCart
13-09-2015, 16:34
How about console users? It is possible to save replay but how I can get that replay on my pc?

if you can upload from Xbox to youtube then you can just provide the youtube link, but that I think only if you have some conflict with your opponent

MarioCart
13-09-2015, 16:56
It seems that they are not very well organised :( So much changes since Wednesday... And why no Bentley? It doesn't give anyone an advantage or disadvantage...

I think they very well organised, you and many other players should be happy that finaly Project Cars is going in good direction.

I might have many wishes or objections about pCars or SMS , but this is some think where every one should give developer and pcars credit and give time to polish the structure.

ONT
13-09-2015, 16:58
Is there a TWITCH cover of this "ESL Kick off Cup" ?

ONT
13-09-2015, 17:22
Found a TWITCH channel with a German racer Alexx545TV :cool:

Don't understand much....is ESL sending him info on who the next opponent is in this 101 ladder ?

TheDoctor46
13-09-2015, 17:32
You have a tournament tree (http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/pc/projectcars-pc/open/1on1-kick-off-cup-1-europe/rankings/) that is generated. Single elimination w/o loser bracket. Only thing one has to do is confirming race results, uploading result screen and moving on :)

ONT
13-09-2015, 17:35
You have a tournament tree (http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/pc/projectcars-pc/open/1on1-kick-off-cup-1-europe/rankings/) that is generated. Single elimination w/o loser bracket. Only thing one has to do is confirming race results, uploading result screen and moving on :)

Cool, is Alexx545TV under a different name ?

TheDoctor46
13-09-2015, 17:39
He's PS4 finalist ;) http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/playstation/projectcars-ps4/open/1on1-kick-off-cup-1-europe/rankings/

ONT
13-09-2015, 17:47
He's PS4 finalist ;) http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/playstation/projectcars-ps4/open/1on1-kick-off-cup-1-europe/rankings/

ONT
13-09-2015, 17:50
A small box in the HUD with lap times for both racers would be a good addition if this type of 1 on 1 racing will continue :cool:

ONT
13-09-2015, 18:10
OK my 2 cents on this after watching 3 ESL Kick-Off cup races on TWITCH.....if You are looking for Viewers and Sponsors for an E-Sports event I think You need a different format.

There need to be a a race cover from 3rd person like a RL motor race (and likely more than 2 racers to make it interesting).

iRacing is to long an event, 30-45 minute race would be perfect.

A shorter more exiting version of this, with some good commentators, like the STARCRAFT 2 event this morning :cool:

Race Start 8.25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=2&v=k-gcJ-6bxP8

Race Start 32.30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePYeKRVo6uI

SGETI
13-09-2015, 18:39
So I see in the finals were, TSRacing_Atho and Alexx545 . However I do not see who actually won the event ? Any help would be appreciated.

ONT
13-09-2015, 18:44
So I see in the finals were, TSRacing_Atho and Alexx545 . However I do not see who actually won the event ? Any help would be appreciated.

TSRacing

SGETI
13-09-2015, 18:57
Thanks for the quick response. But for my own curiosity, where did you find who won? I looked at the bracket and it only shows the finalist.

TheDoctor46
13-09-2015, 18:58
Alex lost? How did that happen? We was seconds infront when I left the stream o_O @SGETI: here (http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/playstation/projectcars-ps4/open/1on1-kick-off-cup-1-europe/match/31829785/)

ONT
13-09-2015, 19:04
Alex lost? How did that happen? We was seconds infront when I left the stream o_O @SGETI: here (http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/playstation/projectcars-ps4/open/1on1-kick-off-cup-1-europe/match/31829785/)

I think he went off track, missed that part, he was doing really good with the BMW but ran the Merc at Nords, did not look as solid in that car.

webuserjonny
14-09-2015, 15:10
There were problems.

The round structure didn't match up with the race/match screen once we got to the RO 16. Going by the structure I should have been racing against TSRacing_Athos at Willow Springs, but the match screen said we should have been racing at Sakitto. This caused a bit of discussion between TSRacing and myself. In the end we both agreed to race at Willow Springs and both report this error to ESL.

This threw my game as I was following the match screen because of delays in getting my next opponent. I had seen we would be racing at Sakitto and got the mental image of the track / lap into my head. Needless to say when we eventually agreed to race at Willow my head wasn't in it and I just handed over the win without even a fight. ESL need to get their act together before the next competition.

GT-Club_Atho_
14-09-2015, 16:51

I come back at 2 sec before the first long straight and he hits the wall on the quick left. I pass him and he goes out 2 times on the technical part. Won by 13sec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjVJ76r2GII

TheDoctor46
14-09-2015, 17:10
Cool thanks for the video :) Typical place for mistakes, its called 'Mutkurve' for a reason ;)

MarioCart
15-09-2015, 11:28
I come back at 2 sec before the first long straight and he hits the wall on the quick left. I pass him and he goes out 2 times on the technical part. Won by 13sec.

the overtake in 1st corner should give Alex black flag, nothink more to add

Jason Ganz
15-09-2015, 23:14
can there be a keyboard championship?! :D

MarioCart
18-09-2015, 12:21
Hi all,

Project CARS (PS4) 1on1 Kick Off Cup #2 Europe

Quick Rules
Structure & Sessions:
Car Class: GT3 - Only FREE car (Bentley Continental GT3 not allowed)

Can somebody tell the list of free cars? thanks

Siberian Tiger
18-09-2015, 12:29
All GT3 Cars except the Bentley GT3 (Only Additional GT3 Car since Release)

MarioCart
18-09-2015, 13:11
All GT3 Cars except the Bentley GT3 (Only Additional GT3 Car since Release)

Thanks

SGETI
19-09-2015, 13:20
What are your thought regarding patch update 4.0 and the fact that not all Countries have had the ability to download?

My understanding is someone on patch 3.0 cannot connect to someone who has 4.0. Is this correct?

Siberian Tiger
19-09-2015, 13:25
That could be indeed a Problem... On PC it's not a Problem but on PS4 it could be a Problem if SCEA does not hurry up...

Kroegtijgertje
20-09-2015, 13:49
Should we Force Default Setup or not in ESL Kick-Off race?

TheDoctor46
20-09-2015, 14:10
Will try to twitch today... search mralcpwn ;)

TheDoctor46
20-09-2015, 16:10
Will try to twitch today... search mralcpwn ;)
Was a short streaming...was seconds slower but managed to get on p1, but pCARS managed to crash on last lap in corkscrew =/

FLX81
20-09-2015, 18:38
Those doddamn crashes to XMB need to be fixed asap. I watched Doc46 losing the race at Laguna Seca due to that last lap crash, if I would have been him, I would have wilded the f*** out. :mad:

Censequence: Along with not going to play any more career until those gamebreaking crashes will finally be fixed, I will also not participate any further in esl. I refuse to waste loads of time on a game that can crash at any minute.

@ Joseph B: I can only hope you push the programmers to fix this, along with the horrible sticky collisions, with the highest possible priority. Without those two fixes, I cant see pcars prevail as an esport.

MarioCart
20-09-2015, 20:47
Those doddamn crashes to XMB need to be fixed asap. I watched Doc46 losing the race at Laguna Seca due to that last lap crash, if I would have been him, I would have wilded the f*** out. :mad:

Censequence: Along with not going to play any more career until those gamebreaking crashes will finally be fixed, I will also not participate any further in esl. I refuse to waste loads of time on a game that can crash at any minute.

@ Joseph B: I can only hope you push the programmers to fix this, along with the horrible sticky collisions, with the highest possible priority. Without those two fixes, I cant see pcars prevail as an esport.

I hoppe if the game did crash in the race, they did restart. I know this might be a pain for the leader of such race, but it can happen to anyone.
To aviod arguments should press the shire button and we got a proof of game crash.

ONT
20-09-2015, 21:48
Joseph Barron Social Media Manager hello are You out there ?

Not a post sense the announcement of the first E-sports event last weekend :cool:

satco1066
20-09-2015, 23:48
CBM 64
CPU: MOS Technology 6510 0.985 MHz
Memory: 64 kB RAM + 20 kB ROM
Graphics: VIC-II (320 × 200, 16 colors, sprites, raster interrupt)
Sound: SID 6581 (3× Osc, 4× wave, filter, ADSR, ring)
Overclocked a little to run pCARS

hey ONT, i like your signature.

Just fiddling around, to get in running on my Amiga 1000 v//.
Any suggestion ?

ONT
21-09-2015, 01:21
hey ONT, i like your signature.

Just fiddling around, to get it running on my Amiga 1000 v//.
Any suggestion ?

Overclock it like MAD and use Liquid Nitrogen for cooling :cool:

TheDoctor46
21-09-2015, 05:46
I hoppe if the game did crash in the race, they did restart. I know this might be a pain for the leader of such race, but it can happen to anyone.
To aviod arguments should press the shire button and we got a proof of game crash.
Nope, we didnt re-start...

MarioCart
21-09-2015, 13:53
Nope, we didnt re-start...

Not nice,
I think ESL will make good decisions in the case game crash, no one would like to lose coz of the game crash.

TheDoctor46
21-09-2015, 16:32
Not nice,
I think ESL will make good decisions in the case game crash, no one would like to lose coz of the game crash.
Rules state only few minutes after race starts re-starts will be tolerated. I could've protest (and probably would have won) but this little kid (+ this odd cup) wasnt worth it :p

As FLX Ill stay away from league racing until theres a proper online league implementation for pCARS and real racing (1v1 is made for arcade games imo^^). That said Im not complaining btw, theres just too much other stuff todo in the meantime ;)

Joseph Barron
22-09-2015, 08:21
My apologies for being quiet for the last few days guys. I've been away on holiday. Rest assured, I'll be catching up on various forum threads, reading your comments, and passing any relevant information onto the dev team.

flymar
22-09-2015, 08:37
To aviod arguments should press the shire button.
I'd like that:)

TonyR
22-09-2015, 08:55
I tried that ESL Cup on Sunday and it was quite entertaining I think.

However 2 laps for a race is just too short (shame about a wonderful track like Spa)... and Nordschleife, why would you "race" there? winner of 1st corner is the winner of the race, isn't he?

I made a short compilation about my event, however not too much to see there (except for the Spa race, which was really nice, although I lost -.-'):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAzNMf7ETxI

TonyR
22-09-2015, 09:18
Btw. Did I see it correctly that it's the same tracks every week? Why?

FLX81
22-09-2015, 09:52
Yeah, thats really not too exciting. Also, even though I love the track, why Willow Springs? We have so many great GT3 tracks instead...

ESLpmpn
22-09-2015, 15:44
You can suggest tracks or a track pool which changes every week. We like to hear your feedback and make the cups as exciting as possible. The Kick Off Cups are specially for those cases to find the best solution and rules.

FLX81
22-09-2015, 16:33
Where should we suggest them? If here:

- Road America
- Zolder
- Watkins Glen
- Brno
- Nürburgring GP
- Dubai

And I m sure I forgot one or two. All of those tracks have well known GT races happening there in real life.

TonyR
22-09-2015, 17:23
You can suggest tracks or a track pool which changes every week. We like to hear your feedback and make the cups as exciting as possible. The Kick Off Cups are specially for those cases to find the best solution and rules.

Where should we suggest them? If here:

- Road America
- Zolder
- Watkins Glen
- Brno
- Nürburgring GP
- Dubai

And I m sure I forgot one or two. All of those tracks have well known GT races happening there in real life.

+ Oschersleben GP (ADAC Gt Masters)
+ Monza (Blancpain Series)

Almost all tracks we have in pCars do have a GT3 Series driving on them, ESL should mix all of them in a pot and randomize them (It's not good to always use the same tracks in the same order, that completely takes out the thrill of racing)

Also, as said before, two laps is too less. The reason is if there are two drivers who have about the same pace you need at least one lap to get yourself settled, one lap to watch the opponent (see where he might be braking too early or too late => overtaking possibility), one lap where you are actually overtaking him and one lap where he has the chance to do the same to you, makes 4, that should be the minimum.

Nordschleife is a nice track, but it's not made for a 1vs1, you just can't overtake safely on this track, so I would take this out.

Shorter tracks with more laps is my recommendation in general.

TheDoctor46
22-09-2015, 18:07
and Nordschleife, why would you "race" there? winner of 1st corner is the winner of the race, isn't he?
Apparently not :p

About ESL itself, I imagine a lot people used to play in proper sim leagues are rather disappointed by ESL. Tho ESL is very much interested (if they see the bigger picture==$$$ as every successful business) in optimizing the content provided to the community. AFAIK they dont have that much knowledge hosting simulation leagues of any kind. But we should but them into the basket only because the kickoff is a bit odd (its called that for a reason) but rather give good feedback. ESL is a huge name in european online gaming. Would be a waste to not make pCARS public in there...but then again its not just ESL that needs some adjustments to make online racing a success :rolleyes:

ONT
22-09-2015, 18:26
Longer races for sure, minimum 20 min max 45 IMHO (laps depending on track length).

Minimum 4 contenders, 8 would be perfect.

:)

marcdxn
22-09-2015, 18:29
I'd like to know if group racing is going to happen at anypoint - 1v1 is interesting as a starting point to get up and running and work out the structure but i'd like to see bigger groups. 15 min qualifying and a 15 lap race at minimum

GT-Club_Atho_
23-09-2015, 14:11
Hello !

Concerning the length of the races for the ESL kickoff I find that between 4 and 6 laps is good, we must not forget that there are 6 rounds or more for the one who goes to the end and it can not during all the night. The only problem I see is the semi final on Spa which should be 4 laps and not 2. 2 laps on the Nordschleife is perfect.

MarioCart
24-09-2015, 11:28
Hello everyone,
How about rules like this?

Quick Rules

Car Class: GT3 - Only FREE car (Bentley Continental GT3 not allowed)
Structure & Sessions

• Privacy: Private
• Maximum Grid Size: 2
• Car Class: GT3 - Only original GT3 cars, no DLC etc cars
• Practise 1: No
• Practise 2: No
• Qualifying: 5 min ( for a strategy)10min for Nordschleife track
• Warmup: 5min – Setup time

Conditions:

• Weather Slots: Fixed Weather
• Clear
• Date Typ: Current , (this will force everyone to same date, and track temperature)
• Starting Time: 13:00
• Time Progression: Off

Restrictions:

• Force Interior View: No
• Force Manual Gears: No
• Force Realistic Driving Aids: No
• Allow ABS: Yes
• Allow Stability Control: Yes
• Alow Traction Control: Yes
• Damage: Full Damage
• Tire Wear: x4 or x5? (this will force the player to play strategy, hard tyres and fuel from start to finish or soft tyres and less fuel to make one pit stop)
• Fuel Usage: Real
• ( Rolling Start: NO)
• Auto Start Engine: Yes
• Flags & Penalties: On

Tracks: 1 track per weekend from Ro 1024 to Ro 4 and Final track : Nordschleife

• Ro 1024 to Ro 256: Weekend Track - 4 LAPS (for example Imola)
• Ro 128: Imola 10 laps
• Ro 64: Imola 10 laps
• Ro 32: Imola 10 laps
• R0 16: Imola 10laps
• Ro 8 : Imola 10 laps
• Ro 4: Imola 10laps
• Final : Nordschleife - 20.63 miles - 2 or 3 LAPS?

Regards

falm
24-09-2015, 15:00
Hello everyone,

Tracks: 1 track per weekend from Ro 1024 to Ro 4 and Final track : Nordschleife

• Ro 1024 to Ro 256: Weekend Track - 4 LAPS (for example Imola)
• Ro 128: Imola 10 laps
• Ro 64: Imola 10 laps
• Ro 32: Imola 10 laps
• R0 16: Imola 10laps
• Ro 8 : Imola 10 laps
• Ro 4: Imola 10laps
• Final : Nordschleife - 20.63 miles - 2 or 3 LAPS?

Regards

This would be a format I'd consider joining. Don't have the time to learn / prepare on 5 or more tracks.

MarioCart
24-09-2015, 16:14
This would be a format I'd consider joining. Don't have the time to learn / prepare on 5 or more tracks.

you right, but there is another problem, share button, it can record only 15 min. on ps4 did not try jet how long saved replay can be in game, some tracks can last more than 20 min with 10 laps, like SPA, but too many tracks and cars to start with the official rules.

g33k hack3rs
28-09-2015, 20:14
4 to 6 laps I think works great.

I would prefer a wider selection of tracks that are rotated but not always the same. Having a set of tracks would help so that the tuning does not change every week. Just change the order from week to week so it's not always the same track in the same position. Using actual GT3 tracks would be my recommendation.

I dislike Nordschleife as the final race. Very tight and difficult to overtake. Maybe LeMans or Spa as alternatives for the final race?

Joseph Barron
30-09-2015, 09:13
We've posted the results from Cup 3 on our website.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/esl-project-cars-kick-off-cup-3-results

Look out for the Go4 tournaments starting next week, with real cash prizes for the first time!

Slux t0mamaS
30-09-2015, 09:27
Hello everybody !
Joseph Barron, is it possible to mp me for ESL ?

Joseph Barron
30-09-2015, 11:30
Hello everybody !
Joseph Barron, is it possible to mp me for ESL ?

Not sure what you mean! Can you explain your question a little more? Thanks.

MarioCart
03-10-2015, 12:39
Not sure what you mean! Can you explain your question a little more? Thanks.

Hi

I got one question, who did write the rules for Go4?

The cup stage is finish, tomorrow start the Go4, and the only positive change was done to 5min qualification.

I wonder how they will run quali on Nordshleife with 5 min :D

But there still many contrasts and confusions.
thanks

Joseph Barron
05-10-2015, 08:32
Hi

I got one question, who did write the rules for Go4?

The cup stage is finish, tomorrow start the Go4, and the only positive change was done to 5min qualification.

I wonder how they will run quali on Nordshleife with 5 min :D

But there still many contrasts and confusions.
thanks

The ESL sets the rules for these events. We are working with them to pass on your feedback and make improvements.

TonyR
05-10-2015, 10:41
There is another thing which is a little bit problematic.

The standing start. GT3 cars have a problem with that, some cars have really long gears and they need much more time to get going.

Being in an Aston on Pole Position against a Z4 on P2 resulted in the Z4 getting at least two car lengths ahead before the first corner.

Combined with the short races this is pretty much game over on many tracks.

MarioCart
05-10-2015, 12:37
There is another thing which is a little bit problematic.

The standing start. GT3 cars have a problem with that, some cars have really long gears and they need much more time to get going.

Being in an Aston on Pole Position against a Z4 on P2 resulted in the Z4 getting at least two car lengths ahead before the first corner.

Combined with the short races this is pretty much game over on many tracks.

This is not the problem as you can take the BMW Z4 too. the biger problem might be if your opponent is the host and he can see you got the Martin Aston and then he change his car to BMW Z4 , then your race is over.:)

1of3 system was beter

MarioCart
05-10-2015, 12:41
The ESL sets the rules for these events. We are working with them to pass on your feedback and make improvements.

hi
in quick rules is like that:

Conditions:
Weather Slots: Fixed Weather
Clear
Date Typ: Custom
Starting Time: 13:00
Time Progression: Off

in main rules like that:

1.1.1.2. Conditions
Weather Slots: Fixed Weather
Clear
Date Typ: Race Date
Starting Time: 13:00
Time Progression: Off

no point for me to explain way just please change to DATE TYP: Race Date

Sorry Race Date is locked like current so will do same condition to all, but not custom.

MarioCart
05-10-2015, 12:55

If quali on Nordshleife then extra time to: 15min this can give time to make one hot lap.

But in my view the Nordshleife should be implemented in long future. Way? This track is like 7 other tracks combine in one, some players might have ready setups to race others might need 2-3 months as playesr need to make setups on other 6 or so tracks combine by 6 or so others cars, so I just wonder what was in the mind of the Guy who makes the rules? And don't know if it should be consider the Nordshleife track for GT3 cars actually the Mercedes GT3

now Mercedes GT3 has got some wrong specs, it stand as top speed 290km/h but it can go to over 300km/h makeing him the only selection for the final track.

thanks

TonyR
05-10-2015, 19:12
This is not the problem as you can take the BMW Z4 too. ....

Well yes, this is what happens eventually. But the question is if you WANT to have it like that, a one make championship (where you take a specific car for a specific track).
Or do you want to have as much variety as possible and therefore try to equalize the conditions of the event?

MarioCart
05-10-2015, 21:30
Well yes, this is what happens eventually. But the question is if you WANT to have it like that, a one make championship (where you take a specific car for a specific track).
Or do you want to have as much variety as possible and therefore try to equalize the conditions of the event?

If you ask me what I would like the list would be very long but some main thinks like:

- 1 track weekly.
- GT3 or some sensible tracks
- T300RS wheel

MrBlacky
05-10-2015, 22:23

At the moment the whole system is not working out. If you want to win, you have to choose the SLS (at least at the Nordschleife and some other tracks).
2 laps on Spa? Well, the one who has the better start wins...

GT-Club_Atho_
06-10-2015, 12:24
Need 10min Qualification on SPA ( in 5min we can't made a lap or it's really short ) and 3 Laps.
Need 5 min Warmup on Nordsch but no qualification.
Change Willow Springs by Brno or Nurb GP.

That will be a great beginning :yes:

mihalo
06-10-2015, 13:40
Spa 3 or 4 laps would be good with 10 min qualification. Does anybody know how monthly final works? I know that 8 best players can join it but will it be 1on1 or something else?

MarioCart
06-10-2015, 15:59
Need 10min Qualification on SPA ( in 5min we can't made a lap or it's really short ) and 3 Laps.
Need 5 min Warmup on Nordsch but no qualification.
Change Willow Springs by Brno or Nurb GP.

That will be a great beginning :yes:

You can do one hot lap in 5min quali, but race should be 3 laps, it would be less then 7min race time.

But Nordshleife is just not right for racing, maybe good for time attack

TonyR
06-10-2015, 20:06
So we got some rule changes: http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/pc/news/260294

- Random track selection, although the final is still on Nordschleife which I don't understand ...

- Force Realistic Driving Aids

- New Tracks (thank you for that!)

- Rolling Start, I really like that one (although I tested all cars for their 0 to 100 kph times in the meantime haha)

Joseph Barron
07-10-2015, 08:38
So we got some rule changes: http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/pc/news/260294

- Random track selection, although the final is still on Nordschleife which I don't understand ...

- Force Realistic Driving Aids

- New Tracks (thank you for that!)

- Rolling Start, I really like that one (although I tested all cars for their 0 to 100 kph times in the meantime haha)

Just to make you guys aware, the 'random tracks' part of this doesn't include every single track in the game, only the ones that are more suited to GT3 racing.

GT-Club_Atho_
07-10-2015, 12:00
Great Work Joseph :D

MarioCart
07-10-2015, 20:22
Great Work Joseph :D

why you so happy? did you berack 6.30?

Joseph Barron
12-10-2015, 16:02
Based on your feedback, the ESL is making the following changes for Go4 Cup 3 which takes place next Sunday.

- Nordschleife will no-longer be used.
- Only one track will be used per week, so that you can practice more for each Cup.
- The chosen track will be announced on the Thursday before each Cup takes place.
- You can vote for the track you want to race on at http://forum.eslgaming.com/discussion/12364/vote-the-track-for-the-go4-3

MrBlacky
12-10-2015, 16:20
Huh? Does that "voted" track apply for the whole cup or only for the finals?

Joseph Barron
12-10-2015, 16:25
Huh? Does that "voted" track apply for the whole cup or only for the finals?

The whole cup. The ESL wants to try one cup where all the races happen on the same track. A lot of people have asked for this, so they're going to trial it this weekend and see how it goes.

MrBlacky
12-10-2015, 16:29
Ah ok.

Chexx
12-10-2015, 18:03
Ah ok.

Preparing for all tracks takes quite the amount of time. Feedback was that if there was only one track for the whole cup preparing would be more convienent. In addition now people can also prepare for the Go4 Cup in the Ladder where they can try out different settings etc.

GT-Club_Atho_
12-10-2015, 18:12
The first changes were great why it was test only one week ? For this one, i'm confused. I think only one track for a week is boring but we'll see...
Thanks for the changes on SPA :yes:

MarioCart
12-10-2015, 19:12
The first changes were great why it was test only one week ? For this one, i'm confused. I think only one track for a week is boring but we'll see...
Thanks for the changes on SPA :yes:

If was so great then why you did not play?

GT-Club_Atho_
12-10-2015, 19:56
If was so great then why you did not play?

I've a life i'm not home every week sorry ;)

MarioCart
12-10-2015, 22:08
Based on your feedback, the ESL is making the following changes for Go4 Cup 3 which takes place next Sunday.

- Nordschleife will no-longer be used.
- Only one track will be used per week, so that you can practice more for each Cup.
- The chosen track will be announced on the Thursday before each Cup takes place.
- You can vote for the track you want to race on at http://forum.eslgaming.com/discussion/12364/vote-the-track-for-the-go4-3

Very good changes, can I ask what restriction would be for next week because current looks like this

Restrictions:
Force Interior View: No
Force Manual Gears: No
Force Realistic Driving Aids: Yes
Allow ABS: Yes
Allow Stability Control: Yes
Allow Traction Control: Yes
Damage: Full Damage
Tire Wear: Real
Fuel Usage: Real
Auto Start Engine: Yes
Flags & Penalties: On

The problem with them that even if ABS and Stability is Yes, Force Realistic Driving Aids: Yes makes them off

MrBlacky
12-10-2015, 22:08
Preparing for all tracks takes quite the amount of time. Feedback was that if there was only one track for the whole cup preparing would be more convienent. In addition now people can also prepare for the Go4 Cup in the Ladder where they can try out different settings etc.

I like the idea. What I don't like is, that the SLS is currently OP.

MarioCart
12-10-2015, 22:43
I like the idea. What I don't like is, that the SLS is currently OP.

Hmmmm Bentley is gone, why not Merc?

Joseph Barron
13-10-2015, 08:46
Hmmmm Bentley is gone, why not Merc?

The Bentley isn't available in these events because it is a DLC car. The Merc is not.

Joseph Barron
13-10-2015, 08:49
Very good changes, can I ask what restriction would be for next week because current looks like this

Restrictions:
Force Interior View: No
Force Manual Gears: No
Force Realistic Driving Aids: Yes
Allow ABS: Yes
Allow Stability Control: Yes
Allow Traction Control: Yes
Damage: Full Damage
Tire Wear: Real
Fuel Usage: Real
Auto Start Engine: Yes
Flags & Penalties: On

The problem with them that even if ABS and Stability is Yes, Force Realistic Driving Aids: Yes makes them off

We changed to 'Force Realistic Driving Aids' as a compromise because a lot of the community was asking for the aids to be turned off completely, but we didn't want to exclude a large number of players from taking part, who only use a handful of aids.

Many of the GT3 cars do have ABS, so depending on the car you choose, you should still have ABS in this class, even with 'Force Realistic Driving Aids' turned on.

erickgoldner
13-10-2015, 13:55
We changed to 'Force Realistic Driving Aids' as a compromise because a lot of the community was asking for the aids to be turned off completely, but we didn't want to exclude a large number of players from taking part, who only use a handful of aids.

Many of the GT3 cars do have ABS, so depending on the car you choose, you should still have ABS in this class, even with 'Force Realistic Driving Aids' turned on.

Joseph,

Would you mind taking a look at this post: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40688-Force-Realistic-Driving-Aids-is-Bugged&p=1145116&viewfull=1#post1145116
and confirm if this is what it is really happening and if it is what you guys really wanted with the changes from last patch ?

It's kind of a big change for the MP and causes a lot of confusion.

Joseph Barron
13-10-2015, 14:19
Joseph,

Would you mind taking a look at this post: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40688-Force-Realistic-Driving-Aids-is-Bugged&p=1145116&viewfull=1#post1145116
and confirm if this is what it is really happening and if it is what you guys really wanted with the changes from last patch ?

It's kind of a big change for the MP and causes a lot of confusion.

Hi Erick. This isn't my area I'm afraid, but I will point out your post to our code team.

MarioCart
13-10-2015, 14:53

BMW M3 GT3 is the only car without the ABS, if its like this can we go full sim , no assists at all?

Joseph Barron
13-10-2015, 15:03
BMW M3 GT3 is the only car without the ABS, if its like this can we go full sim , no assists at all?

As I said before, turning the aids off completely would probably mean that a smaller number of people would be interested in taking parts in these events. We'll stick to 'Force Realistic Driving Aids' for now, but I'm sure we will revisit this discussion again in the future.

MarioCart
13-10-2015, 15:15
As I said before, turning the aids off completely would probably mean that a smaller number of people would be interested in taking parts in these events. We'll stick to 'Force Realistic Driving Aids' for now, but I'm sure we will revisit this discussion again in the future.

You right, but merc SLS GT3 has got wrong spec, on the spec looks he can go max 290km/h in fact he can go over 300km/h should we vote to remove this car?

Bealdor
13-10-2015, 15:17

Shouldn't "full sim" mean, as realistic as possible and not as hard as possible?

MarioCart
13-10-2015, 15:24
Shouldn't "full sim" mean, as realistic as possible and not as hard as possible?

don't understand your question

Joseph Barron
13-10-2015, 15:34
You right, but merc SLS GT3 has got wrong spec, on the spec looks he can go max 290km/h in fact he can go over 300km/h should we vote to remove this car?

I'll certainly mention this to the ESL again.

RomKnight
13-10-2015, 16:18
don't understand your question

So, real racing cars have no assists? And I'm sure drivers use them IRL. You don't want to fight the car, quite the opposite.

MarioCart
13-10-2015, 17:47

Did you really understand my question?

MarioCart
13-10-2015, 17:50
I'll certainly mention this to the ESL again.

this might not be needed if you speak to Mr. Andy with the next update we might have correct spec for SLS and maybe implemated ABS for M3. maybe:rolleyes:

Bealdor
13-10-2015, 19:02
Did you really understand my question?

You asked if we could go "full sim", which apparently means "no assists" for you, while "full sim" means "real assists" to me.

MarioCart
13-10-2015, 19:16
You asked if we could go "full sim", which apparently means "no assists" for you, while "full sim" means "real assists" to me.

So you did not understand my question then. If so you have no idea how to generate 1000 players for sunday or I'm wrong? You welcome to step forward with good idea please

we have change to one track, this will bring for shure some more fast guys out from shadow.

now PC have more players with the wheel then pad controller, but on consols stil large number players with controllers, forcing them to play without Stability will end up with BMW Z4 GT3 or give up.

Any solution , idea ?

Because for now was only changes for fast guys

TonyR
13-10-2015, 19:30
Before banning cars people should consider voting for tracks where top speed is not so important like Imola ;)

http://forum.eslgaming.com/discussion/12364/vote-the-track-for-the-go4-3

ONT
13-10-2015, 22:29

I'm sure most competitive player's will be perfectly fine with setting to Real Assists, true to real world car assist.

Chexx
14-10-2015, 13:52
I'm sure most competitive player's will be perfectly fine with setting to Real Assists, true to real world car assist.

We tried to find a good balance between realism and not excluding players because of their preferred controller setting. I think with the current settings we found a good balance. And as long as the cars have the feature in real life I don't see a big problem with allowing them on the Go4.

BTW: last day to vote for this week's track! You can vote here http://esl.gg/1PqIejK

MarioCart
14-10-2015, 17:25
We tried to find a good balance between realism and not excluding players because of their preferred controller setting. I think with the current settings we found a good balance. And as long as the cars have the feature in real life I don't see a big problem with allowing them on the Go4.

BTW: last day to vote for this week's track! You can vote here http://esl.gg/1PqIejK

Talking about realism in real racing the driver have say 1 year contract with one Team and he can't jump from one car to another like BMW to Mrecedes then Porsche or Audi.

How about players stick with one car for 4 weeks or the whole circle of the tracks?

Joseph Barron
15-10-2015, 09:25
Voting has finished to decide the track for ESL Project CARS Go4 Cup #3.

You'll be racing at Spa this weekend.

N0body Of The Goat
15-10-2015, 09:49
Before banning cars people should consider voting for tracks where top speed is not so important like Imola ;)

Now try Imola with default gearing in the BMW M3 GT and consider your opinion. ;)

The pit straight at Imola is massive, even a very aerodynamically inefficient default Mercedes GT3 easily exceeds 260kph and can actually use 6th gear. ;)

MarioCart
15-10-2015, 16:23
hi , there is one more event on monday on ESL. What is the purpose of this event?

Project CARS (PS4) Qualifier Paris Games Week 2015.

http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/playstation/projectcars-ps4/major/pgw-qualifier-2015/

Joseph Barron
15-10-2015, 16:27
hi , there is one more event on monday on ESL. What is the purpose of this event?

Project CARS (PS4) Qualifier Paris Games Week 2015.

http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcar...ualifier-2015/

This is for French players only, to qualify for a tournament the ESL is hosting at Paris Games Week. Full details available here in French.

https://www.facebook.com/projectcarscommunityfrance/posts/954681271252869:0

Chexx
16-10-2015, 09:58
Talking about realism in real racing the driver have say 1 year contract with one Team and he can't jump from one car to another like BMW to Mrecedes then Porsche or Audi.

How about players stick with one car for 4 weeks or the whole circle of the tracks?

I don't think that this is a good idea. We would need to select a car for everybody because otherwise administrating will become a lot more complicated for not much gained. I also like that if people have time and put work into different car settings and finding out which car runs the best on each track this should be rewarded.

I think with one fixed track for each week we will also achieve one main car already.

MarioCart
16-10-2015, 12:17
I don't think that this is a good idea. We would need to select a car for everybody because otherwise administrating will become a lot more complicated for not much gained. I also like that if people have time and put work into different car settings and finding out which car runs the best on each track this should be rewarded.

I think with one fixed track for each week we will also achieve one main car already.

About 50% of players not apply to global rules.

3.1.3. Photo
A player's photo must clearly show the face of the player, for adding anything else (graphics, other people, other parts of body, etc.) please use the logo function. The photo must always be up-to-date, manipulation of your appearance is prohibited. For anything else please use the gallery. Photos with weapons are not allowed!

If they would stick a photo with the car they use would be clare to all, but this is not a big problem too.

If you can just recall all players to stick with the rules to be on sunday player face not EGO, thanks

Chexx
16-10-2015, 14:40
About 50% of players not apply to global rules.

3.1.3. Photo
A player's photo must clearly show the face of the player, for adding anything else (graphics, other people, other parts of body, etc.) please use the logo function. The photo must always be up-to-date, manipulation of your appearance is prohibited. For anything else please use the gallery. Photos with weapons are not allowed!

If they would stick a photo with the car they use would be clare to all, but this is not a big problem too.

If you can just recall all players to stick with the rules to be on sunday player face not EGO, thanks

With the change on how private information is handled on the internet we decided to change our stance towards profile pictures. The rules have been updated accordingly.

MarioCart
16-10-2015, 14:52
With the change on how private information is handled on the internet we decided to change our stance towards profile pictures. The rules have been updated accordingly.

Can you point me please update I can find , to decide what picture I can use. thanks

Benjamin Benichou
16-10-2015, 15:00
This is for French players only, to qualify for a tournament the ESL is hosting at Paris Games Week. Full details available here in French.

https://www.facebook.com/projectcarscommunityfrance/posts/954681271252869:0

In fact its the "other" session by ESL, i explain, during the PGW 8 players compete a lot of race session on the ESL stage, for this ESL choose 4 drivers (i think selected by this esl link http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/pc/projectcars-pc/major/pgw-qualifier-2015/) who's compete vs 4 other drivers choose by BandaiNamco selected by my events (on the french page). src: Bandai Namco Entertainement France. https://www.facebook.com/projectcarscommunityfrance/posts/955137397873923

Chexx
16-10-2015, 20:34
Can you point me please update I can find , to decide what picture I can use. thanks

The updated rule is:

3.1.3. Photo
It would be nice if a player's photo clearly shows the face of the player, for adding anything else (graphics, other people, other parts of body, etc.) please use the logo function. For anything else please use the gallery. Photos with weapons are not allowed!

MarioCart
16-10-2015, 20:52
The updated rule is:

3.1.3. Photo
It would be nice if a player's photo clearly shows the face of the player, for adding anything else (graphics, other people, other parts of body, etc.) please use the logo function. For anything else please use the gallery. Photos with weapons are not allowed!

Nice,

so I can upload any think I like if its not a weapon or no decent nudity?

Still confuse with the logo function and gallery, can't find on ESL web this, any help please ? thanks

Benjamin Benichou
16-10-2015, 21:43
OFFICIAL ESL ANNOUNCEMENT
http://event.eslgaming.com/pgw-2015/news/esl-pgw-challenge-project-cars/

Kevin Leaune
16-10-2015, 22:49
Yeeah ! I qualified on xbox one for ESL Project CARS finals for the Paris Games Week 2015 !

Thank you to the studios as well as to Andy Tudor , Joseph Barron and Benjamin Benichou !

SDL SoniK

GT-Club_Atho_
17-10-2015, 09:24
OFFICIAL ESL ANNOUNCEMENT
http://event.eslgaming.com/pgw-2015/news/esl-pgw-challenge-project-cars/

Random track or vote ?

Benjamin Benichou
17-10-2015, 17:08
Official race results Project Cars Community France.

3 first winners selected for the ESL FINAL on PGW15
XBOX: SDL SONIK team SDL
PS4: TSR_ATHO team Team Shark Racing
PC: RC SKYLINE team Real Championship

The 4th drivers can play on time trial event (more info on pccf page) end Sunday midnight, result monday. See you soon on Paris Games Week

TonyR
19-10-2015, 09:19
I think the idea of one track per event was very ok. Yesterdays event was closer and more exciting than the ones before.

My complaint is still the standing start however I accept the argument that rolling start is quite buggy for some tracks ingame (but maybe if a chosen track allows using rolling start we could try it?)

Another problem yesterday was the qualifying. There just was no qualifying. 5 min was not enough to drive a valid lap. The out lap doesn't count anymore because the timer doesn't start running and for a second lap there was no time at Spa. Something to think about when Spa gets chosen again.

Last but not least, there is no link on the Tournament's event page to the next poll for next Sunday's track, would be nice to add one here
http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/pc/projectcars-pc/major/go4projectcars-europe
or here
http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/pc/projectcars-pc/major/go4projectcars-europe/cup-4/
(also the rules on that page should be updated with the latest changes)

Joseph Barron
19-10-2015, 10:38
I think the idea of one track per event was very ok. Yesterdays event was closer and more exciting than the ones before.

My complaint is still the standing start however I accept the argument that rolling start is quite buggy for some tracks ingame (but maybe if a chosen track allows using rolling start we could try it?)

Another problem yesterday was the qualifying. There just was no qualifying. 5 min was not enough to drive a valid lap. The out lap doesn't count anymore because the timer doesn't start running and for a second lap there was no time at Spa. Something to think about when Spa gets chosen again.

Last but not least, there is no link on the Tournament's event page to the next poll for next Sunday's track, would be nice to add one here
http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/pc/projectcars-pc/major/go4projectcars-europe
or here
http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/pc/projectcars-pc/major/go4projectcars-europe/cup-4/
(also the rules on that page should be updated with the latest changes)

Thanks Tony. I've shared your post with the ESL.

Benjamin Benichou
19-10-2015, 11:40
OFFICIAL PCARS COMMUNITY FRANCE FINAL RESULTS

SDL ROTAX is QUALIFY for the ESL STAGE on PGW with SDL SONIK / TSR ATHO /RC SKYLINE
See you soon on pgw

crowtrobot
19-10-2015, 16:59
+1 to Tony's feedback. Also, re: standing starts - two of the races I did manage to set a pole time in quali (sometimes the timer starts on the outlap, sometimes not), yet was placed the 2nd place box on the grid. Is this a known bug?

I think damage also needs some tuning - an opponent duffed it at the top of Eau Rouge (which is flat out), had a fully smashed front-end, yet came back into the race with only a slightly noticeable aero impact. Not really a tourney thing necessarily, but just an observation from the weekend. Some things stand out more in 1v1.

All that said, this was my first go at the Cup, and I had a pretty good time. I'm not sure how I feel about the 1v1 format, but everyone I encountered was very sporting, which is a definite plus; much more than can be said for the typical public lobby.

Joseph Barron
19-10-2015, 17:16
Here are the results from Go4 Cup #3!

http://www.projectcarsesports.com/home/esl-go4-cup-3-results

milliotseb
19-10-2015, 19:38
I think 1 track per week is a better format. I was able to test all GT3 and pick the one that I liked the more.
I was a bit disappointed of number of competitor on Xbox
but as always Mihalo won at the end ;)
Will there again next week end

MarioCart
19-10-2015, 20:42
Bathurst

GT3 ?

marcdxn
20-10-2015, 09:23
I'd like to see it done differently, possibly like the guy above said 1 track is announced for that weeks event and that gives more of a chance to get setup for it.

The issue i see at the moment is there are a lot of people that want to join in and have a chance to be competitive but they don't have the time through the week to practice the whole pool of tracks that may or may not come up for them because of the random allocation of a track from the set.

Joseph Barron
20-10-2015, 09:44
I'd like to see it done differently, possibly like the guy above said 1 track is announced for that weeks event and that gives more of a chance to get setup for it.

The issue i see at the moment is there are a lot of people that want to join in and have a chance to be competitive but they don't have the time through the week to practice the whole pool of tracks that may or may not come up for them because of the random allocation of a track from the set.

We've seen it go both ways so far. The top players have dominated during the single circuit weeks, because they can focus their practice on one track and become pretty much unbeatable.

On the other hand, when we've run multiple tracks in one cup it has leveled the playing field a bit, because the very best players haven't been able to focus their practice as easily, leaving room for other people to be competitive too.

That said, I do see your point-of-view, that some people have more time to practice than others. We and the ESL are still in the early stages of learning about how these tournaments will work in the longer term, so you can expect the rules to continue to be tweaked from time-to-time, as we work with the community to find the best solutions.

Andy Tudor
20-10-2015, 10:10
A quick note here that the over-arching goal with our eSports initiative is 'growth'. Ie.. over the next four months we want to grow the audience, appetite, and scale of Project CARS as an eSport and that means initially allowing as many people as possible to play the game, with a fair but skill-based chance of winning and climbing the ranks.

So as Joe said, we'll be continuing to tweak the rules and format in order achieve this goal, and right now the ability for hardcore players to practice all week and be unbeatable on race day doesn't achieve that goal currently (although it does allow those that have the time more chance of winning). So it's going to be something we continue to monitor going forward.

TonyR
20-10-2015, 10:34
A quick note here that the over-arching goal with our eSports initiative is 'growth'. Ie.. over the next four months we want to grow the audience, appetite, and scale of Project CARS as an eSport and that means initially allowing as many people as possible to play the game, with a fair but skill-based chance of winning and climbing the ranks.

So as Joe said, we'll be continuing to tweak the rules and format in order achieve this goal, and right now the ability for hardcore players to practice all week and be unbeatable on race day doesn't achieve that goal currently (although it does allow those that have the time more chance of winning). So it's going to be something we continue to monitor going forward.

If the goal is growth we are chosing a completely wrong approach here imho.

Let me Explain why

The 1 v 1 format:

1. For spectators of a 1 v 1 race the races are almost always quite boring. Why? It takes 2 guys with exactly the same pace to create actual dog fight situations. That's almost never the case. As soon as two people have a 5 tenths difference in lap times one will drive out of the slipstream within one lap and the race is over (except for mistakes of course which do not happen that often in high class racing)

2. It takes so long. I streamed the complete event at Sunday and since I was driving up to Race for 3rd I had to do the maximum count of races possible. That took all in all 4 (!) hours.
That's just so much time. Assuming someone has a girlfriend or a wife, explain that to her :D

The prize pool:

3. It's "the winner takes it all". While I find this partly motivating it's a game stopper for everyone with a pessimistic or even realistic mind set. When I see that I'm a second slower per lap than the best participant I would be well-advised to just not compete because I wouldn't win it anyway and 2nd place doesn't get anything, so why sit down for 4 hours and hope that all the 4 of the best racers of pCars Europe make mistakes and allowing me to win?

Conclusion

Don't get me wrong. I'm really into the idea of pCars and esports, that's why I took the time to write this post.

However, to get more people driving in these kind of tournaments the structure has to change fundamentally.

What I have on mind is a similiar structure like the Poker World Tour Main Event (if it's called like that)
There you have X tables with 10 (?) people in the tournament. They are playing their games until they are done (in their case until only 1 remains I guess, in pCars that would be a simple race of 10 laps or so)

That goes on and on until there are 10 people left who participate on the final table. That would be our final race and everybody on that final is in the prize pool.
That would be a motivating thing IMHO.

Idea

So when there are 100 Participants. Divide them to 10 races. The 3 best of each race advance. Now we have 30 people. They will again be divided on 3 races where the 3 best of each race advance.
Now we have 9 people in the final race. That might be 50% longer than the races before and everybody here gets money (of course tiered according to their end position)

MarioCart
20-10-2015, 11:12
If the goal is growth we are chosing a completely wrong approach here imho.

Let me Explain why

The 1 v 1 format:

1. For spectators of a 1 v 1 race the races are almost always quite boring. Why? It takes 2 guys with exactly the same pace to create actual dog fight situations. That's almost never the case. As soon as two people have a 5 tenths difference in lap times one will drive out of the slipstream within one lap and the race is over (except for mistakes of course which do not happen that often in high class racing)

2. It takes so long. I streamed the complete event at Sunday and since I was driving up to Race for 3rd I had to do the maximum count of races possible. That took all in all 4 (!) hours.
That's just so much time. Assuming someone has a girlfriend or a wife, explain that to her :D

The prize pool:

3. It's "the winner takes it all". While I find this partly motivating it's a game stopper for everyone with a pessimistic or even realistic mind set. When I see that I'm a second slower per lap than the best participant I would be well-advised to just not compete because I wouldn't win it anyway and 2nd place doesn't get anything, so why sit down for 4 hours and hope that all the 4 of the best racers of pCars Europe make mistakes and allowing me to win?

Conclusion

Don't get me wrong. I'm really into the idea of pCars and esports, that's why I took the time to write this post.

However, to get more people driving in these kind of tournaments the structure has to change fundamentally.

What I have on mind is a similiar structure like the Poker World Tour Main Event (if it's called like that)
There you have X tables with 10 (?) people in the tournament. They are playing their games until they are done (in their case until only 1 remains I guess, in pCars that would be a simple race of 10 laps or so)

That goes on and on until there are 10 people left who participate on the final table. That would be our final race and everybody on that final is in the prize pool.
That would be a motivating thing IMHO.

Idea

So when there are 100 Participants. Divide them to 10 races. The 3 best of each race advance. Now we have 30 people. They will again be divided on 3 races where the 3 best of each race advance.
Now we have 9 people in the final race. That might be 50% longer than the races before and everybody here gets money (of course tiered according to their end position)

And What would get last 10 players? or you just thinking about your self?
try to invent some thing within the ESL current structure coz they might have only rights to do this way or I'm wrong. no offence Tony I like you youtube racing.

Joseph Barron
20-10-2015, 11:14
Thanks for your comments Tony.

We have been talking to the ESL about the general format already, and we do want to move towards something which is more suited to motorsport than the current 1v1 bracket format. This will be a gradual process though, and we will keep the community updated as things progress.

MrBlacky
20-10-2015, 13:03
As I mentioned some weeks before the 1on1 system ist nothing but fun.
It's not that bad. I take part when I have the time and it makes quite fun. BUT: For a racing game, 1on1 is a nogo. A real championship where teams & driver can take part - thats what the people are looking for and then you will get the best drivers of the world together in one grid.

MarioCart
20-10-2015, 13:41
As I mentioned some weeks before the 1on1 system ist nothing but fun.
It's not that bad. I take part when I have the time and it makes quite fun. BUT: For a racing game, 1on1 is a nogo. A real championship where teams & driver can take part - thats what the people are looking for and then you will get the best drivers of the world together in one grid.

This might lead to teams or friends tactics at some point.

MrBlacky
20-10-2015, 14:27
This might lead to teams or friends tactics at some point.

Team orders in real life racing are not so unlikely.

MarioCart
20-10-2015, 14:33
Team orders in real life racing are not so unlikely.

In real life they get one year contract. will you join my team to be no.2 for free?

just say Yes or NO, no offcence MrBlacky

Chexx
20-10-2015, 16:29
Hey guys,

thanks for all the feedback. Together with the people from Project CARS we take the feedback really serious and discuss it. What do you guys think does one track per week favors casual players ore hardcore players more?

@TonyR I just saw your youtube channel and will probably tweet some stuff of it in the near future. I liked the one where you showed your settings with the Bentley(sadly the Bentley is disabled in the Go4) on SPA. I think if you could create a video for every Go4 weekend where you discuss your settings for the race. This would help newer players a lot.

You had the old ESL Logo in your videos if you don't mind to update it to the new one would be great. You can find it here http://www.turtle-entertainment.com/fileadmin/files/logos/ESL-Logo.zip

MarioCart
20-10-2015, 17:20
Hey guys,

thanks for all the feedback. Together with the people from Project CARS we take the feedback really serious and discuss it. What do you guys think does one track per week favors casual players ore hardcore players more?

@TonyR I just saw your youtube channel and will probably tweet some stuff of it in the near future. I liked the one where you showed your settings with the Bentley(sadly the Bentley is disabled in the Go4) on SPA. I think if you could create a video for every Go4 weekend where you discuss your settings for the race. This would help newer players a lot.

You had the old ESL Logo in your videos if you don't mind to update it to the new one would be great. You can find it here http://www.turtle-entertainment.com/fileadmin/files/logos/ESL-Logo.zip

This is like this, tere are players with natural abilitys

Pure essence of speed - 200 on this globe
very fast - 1000 on this globe
fast - 10000 on this globe
and racing fans - rest of the players

no mater what rules the winner goin to be same people and nothink can this change and this is a fact, even if others would be given the best setups.

no poin to wast time to try make thinks more afforible for the players that not as fast like the fastest, this canot be changed.

It is posible to generate large number of player every week in very simple way, you cant make winner from the player wich is 5 sec slower , but its posible not to depresed him wich is 10 sec slower and make him play every week.

crowtrobot
20-10-2015, 17:42
It is posible to generate large number of player every week in very simple way, you cant make winner from the player wich is 5 sec slower , but its posible not to depresed him wich is 10 sec slower and make him play every week.
There are plenty of people who just race for the challenge and enjoyment of racing, not necessarily to get 1st in every race - do you think all teams in F1 or WEC races think they are going to win each week?

Benjamin Benichou
20-10-2015, 17:54
PGW TEASING

MarioCart
20-10-2015, 18:53
There are plenty of people who just race for the challenge and enjoyment of racing, not necessarily to get 1st in every race - do you think all teams in F1 or WEC races think they are going to win each week?

You right for me it was enough on sunday 44 players it was cool, I don't need 1000 players every week.

now F1 and other Pro racing do you think they racing for free? So they don't need to kill each other they get the pay even last.

But I'm shure this week many new players will come because of Bathurst track. Hell how this track come on the list for GT3 cars.:confused:

TonyR
20-10-2015, 18:56
What do you guys think does one track per week favors casual players ore hardcore players more?

I think it favors both of them the same amount. However casuals might have more advantage because they have less time to prepare several tracks. Hardcore players most certainly are already prepared for all tracks because they drive all of them very often.

Thanks and I actually did something like this for Bathurst already, so if the track doesn't change until thursday I will upload that ;)

Will do, thanks :)

MarioCart
20-10-2015, 20:09
This is already proven from the first event where was same track for some time, it was Willow Spring track, players have had more time to practice and improving the setups and times makeing many problems even for fast players to win.

By declare the tracks order and calender some players can give up some tracks to dedicate the time for other track to practice makeing harder for the top guys on some weekends.

Papand
20-10-2015, 21:31
I agree with Blacky that a full grid championship is the correct way to play a game like Project Cars and thats where it really shines. But i also think it will be a challenge to promote that as esport to a non-motorsport fanbase. 1 vs. 1 races over 4 laps is more sellable to a mainstream crowd. Single track for all rounds is probably the best for allowing newcomers better access. Has a league format being discussed?

As added bonus i feel the community on pc have come together with ESL and the atmosphere is quite friendly between everyone joining in. I had good chats with both newcomers and elite drivers, with both segments being open to helping out with tips and advice. Tonys streaming from the last event was also great. Ill try to get that arranged for sunday as well.

Much appriciated to the guys behind this. Early days still, but i think development is pointing in the right direction.

Joseph Barron
22-10-2015, 10:59
I've posted this in the other ESL thread as well, but just to make sure no one misses it...

The ESL is running a short survey to gather feedback on the events so far.

Please help them out by filling it in. It should only take 5 minutes.

http://surveymonkey.com/r/595GFHL #eSports

Chexx
22-10-2015, 11:54
I've posted this in the other ESL thread as well, but just to make sure no one misses it...

The ESL is running a short survey to gather feedback on the events so far.

Please help them out by filling it in. It should only take 5 minutes.

http://surveymonkey.com/r/595GFHL #eSports

It would really help us if you could take the time to complete the short survey. I guarantee that I will read every comment from the survey and will discuss it with Joe to see how we can improve it and move forward. Thanks a lot already!

Benjamin Benichou
23-10-2015, 14:29
OFFICIAL RESULTS (ESL + PCCF)
8 PLAYERS ON ESL ARENA PGW15:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=958521264202203&substory_index=0&id=653596351361364