PDA

View Full Version : PC WHEEL HELP

Diesel1996
11-09-2015, 15:52
Hi all.

I bought Project Cars today for 40% off in the Steam Store. So I installed it, plugged in my wheel and sat down for a night of entertainment. So I hit play, and on startup, it froze. Where the logo's are displayed on startup, it froze. This happens everytime, no different. However, when I unplug my wheel from my PC, it boots and runs absolutely fine. I've tried many thing to try and fix this problem. I've tried updating drivers for the wheel itself (which by the way is the Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 Italia Racing Wheel and Pedals) and I've also tried driver updates for my graphics card (it's not a spec problem either). I've uninstalled the game, reinstalled, restarted, tried many many times. When I do boot the game without the wheel plugged in, I can go to controls and see that there is a preset for the wheel in the settings. So it cannot be a compatibility issue either, which I already kind of knew anyway as this is a wheel compatible with the PC and Xbox One anyway. I need help with this, if you know of anything that could help me that I might have not tried yet, let me know please! Also if there's anymore info needed, let me know!

Thanks,
Diesel

poirqc
11-09-2015, 16:04
Hi all.

I bought Project Cars today for 40% off in the Steam Store. So I installed it, plugged in my wheel and sat down for a night of entertainment. So I hit play, and on startup, it froze. Where the logo's are displayed on startup, it froze. This happens everytime, no different. However, when I unplug my wheel from my PC, it boots and runs absolutely fine. I've tried many thing to try and fix this problem. I've tried updating drivers for the wheel itself (which by the way is the Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 Italia Racing Wheel and Pedals) and I've also tried driver updates for my graphics card (it's not a spec problem either). I've uninstalled the game, reinstalled, restarted, tried many many times. When I do boot the game without the wheel plugged in, I can go to controls and see that there is a preset for the wheel in the settings. So it cannot be a compatibility issue either, which I already kind of knew anyway as this is a wheel compatible with the PC and Xbox One anyway. I need help with this, if you know of anything that could help me that I might have not tried yet, let me know please! Also if there's anymore info needed, let me know!

Thanks,
Diesel

Sometimes, when i boot the game, it stall at the first loading screen. I ctrl-alt-delete to the task manager twice and i alt tab back into the game with sucess, i can then play without trouble.

You can also plug the wheel after you are ingame. The wheel should get recognized there.

Diesel1996
11-09-2015, 16:05
Sometimes, when i boot the game, it stall at the first loading screen. I ctrl-alt-delete to the task manager twice and i alt tab back into the game with sucess, i can then play without trouble.

You can also plug the wheel after you are ingame. The wheel should get recognized there.

I'll give this a shot, thank you.

Charger
11-09-2015, 16:06
Is there any software for that wheel from Thrustmaster like a profiler that Logitech uses?

Diesel1996
11-09-2015, 16:10
Is there any software for that wheel from Thrustmaster like a profiler that Logitech uses?

Yes, we get a control panel for the wheel which is for adjusting force feedback and calibration and things like that. Also, an updater where you can check for driver/software updates.

Charger
11-09-2015, 16:11
Have you tried it without the profiler running?

Diesel1996
11-09-2015, 16:14
Have you tried it without the profiler running?

I never have the software open when I use the wheel on any game, the only time I ever use it is to check for updates on the wheel as I did earlier.

Diesel1996
11-09-2015, 16:18

It's booted! I booted the game without the wheel plugged in and then plugged it in once booted. Thank you for this!

konnos
11-09-2015, 21:58
Why don't you use the profiler? Just curious here.