PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Hey SMS, why doesn't PCars support this wheel?

Haiden
11-09-2015, 16:28
I tell, ya... I'm getting really tired of swapping out wheels to get my farming fix on, and can't believe you support the Hori racing wheel, but not this one. Please add support for this wheel in Patch 4.0. :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826102075&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-PC+Game+Controllers-_-N82E16826102075&gclid=Cj0KEQjw98mvBRD-_ciSovKhq7gBEiQAEvsBZ3Y63Dgya8FR9WfLLNmGU9L5Xps65jXsVJrv4BgM_8AaAoBn8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Seriously, though...who buys this??? I guess I just assumed if you were that into farming, you would just become a farmer. Didn't realize there was a sim audience out there. :)

TheReaper GT
11-09-2015, 16:31
I saw a guy on twitch using it on Euro Truck Simulator

feloney_x
11-09-2015, 20:04
cant you set it up as a custom wheel ?

Schnizz58
11-09-2015, 21:27
Seriously, though...who buys this??? I guess I just assumed if you were that into farming, you would just become a farmer. Didn't realize there was a sim audience out there. :)
Wonder if sim farmers are saying the same thing about sim racers. :)

Actually Jack van Hees did a couple of videos on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2VsX6mM4YY

TheReaper GT
11-09-2015, 21:42
I might get this game, it's so peaceful, must be an awesome anti-stress

Schnizz58
11-09-2015, 21:47
And did you notice that it's Farming Simulator 15? Fifteen! Take that Forza.

TheReaper GT
11-09-2015, 22:09

Yeah, this thing seems to be huge.

Franco Ferrari
11-09-2015, 22:14
I'm pretty confident when I say that "15" may refer to the year...

Schnizz58
11-09-2015, 22:17
I'm pretty confident when I say that "15" may refer to the year...
But....FIFTEEN! That's more than 6. Have you not seen Spinal Tap?

Franco Ferrari
11-09-2015, 22:24
But....FIFTEEN! That's more than 6. Have you not seen Spinal Tap?

Oh. I see your point now.
It's dangerous to go alone. Here, take this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVXgksJ-JfI

konnos
11-09-2015, 22:39
o.O

Roger Prynne
11-09-2015, 22:41
I wonder if they get rammers in MP?

TheReaper GT
11-09-2015, 22:42

If they do, those must leave some nasty marks.

NuclearPenguin
11-09-2015, 22:45
But does it have force feedback?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
11-09-2015, 22:46
I wonder if they get rammers in MP?I have seen a few lets plays of these games. The answer is a resounding YES. Also people flying on cows.

Schnizz58
11-09-2015, 22:48
Also people flying on cows.
Arcade

AdM1
11-09-2015, 22:51

That's just narrow minded, should we all just start our own racing career too? Lol. ;)

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
11-09-2015, 22:51
ArcadeI don't know, it definitely looked like the most realistic set of flying cow physics I've ever seen in my life.

AdM1
11-09-2015, 22:53
Looks fun if you ask me..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw

Flihp
12-09-2015, 07:31

If you are a sheep farmer, you'd probably get rammers......

Ok ok.... I know that was really baaaaaaaahhhhd.

marcdxn
12-09-2015, 11:04
ROFL looked at the wheel and ended up in a fit of giggles
sim racers... from the outback parts?

deejayjeanp
12-09-2015, 12:31
HAHAHAH this world man

bigsilverhotdog
12-09-2015, 15:59
I don't know, it definitely looked like the most realistic set of flying cow physics I've ever seen in my life.

Someone hasn't played Carmageddon Reincarnation yet...

TheReaper GT
12-09-2015, 16:06
Someone hasn't played Carmageddon Reincarnation yet...

Or goat simulator, which apparently is a real thing those days.

Haiden
13-09-2015, 00:54

Yes! That's what I found the most shocking. It's been around for a while now.

Or goat simulator, which apparently is a real thing those days.

I saw that one, too. Someone should make a wheel for it. :)

Haiden
13-09-2015, 00:59
That's just narrow minded, should we all just start our own racing career too? Lol. ;)

AdM1
13-09-2015, 03:21
http://cdn.meme.am/images/10437509.jpg

Kelderek
13-09-2015, 08:08
Farming Simulator has one thing you won't find in Project Cars... Lamborghini!

Haiden
13-09-2015, 14:09
Farming Simulator has one thing you won't find in Project Cars... Lamborghini!

In the words of the narrator: "I am Jack's complete and total envy."

aerchak
13-09-2015, 18:52
Believe it or not, the Farming Simulator series is a ton of fun. It's very serene and relaxing to play. It's kind of a wonderful low-stress game that you can sort of ignore while doing other things. And there's a strange feeling of accomplishment in it. Once you've got a bustling farm with all of the high-end equipment, and you're raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars per day, you really feel like you did something.

It's honestly one of the most perplexing game experiences I've ever had. Between FS 13 and FS 15, I've got hundreds of hours in virtual farming, and I cannot possibly effectively explain why it's so much fun.

Also, there's an absolutely massive mod community for the series. They heavily encourage user-created content, and a lot of it is really, really impressive. There's a very elaborate physics engine at work in the games, and while the vanilla version of the game takes a more friendly approach, with a handful of mods you've got to take serious consideration when it comes to selecting the proper equipment.

Really, I know it's easy to look at it and laugh, but it really is a lot of fun.

Vennt
13-09-2015, 19:20
Believe it or not, the Farming Simulator series is a ton of fun. It's very serene and relaxing to play. It's kind of a wonderful low-stress game that you can sort of ignore while doing other things. And there's a strange feeling of accomplishment in it. Once you've got a bustling farm with all of the high-end equipment, and you're raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars per day, you really feel like you did something.

It's honestly one of the most perplexing game experiences I've ever had. Between FS 13 and FS 15, I've got hundreds of hours in virtual farming, and I cannot possibly effectively explain why it's so much fun.

Also, there's an absolutely massive mod community for the series. They heavily encourage user-created content, and a lot of it is really, really impressive. There's a very elaborate physics engine at work in the games, and while the vanilla version of the game takes a more friendly approach, with a handful of mods you've got to take serious consideration when it comes to selecting the proper equipment.

Really, I know it's easy to look at it and laugh, but it really is a lot of fun.

The important question everyone here is dying to ask, is it multiplayer and if so have you raced tractors in it? :D

Bad_Dan
13-09-2015, 20:07
But you have to admit, thats a big buttonbox. :D

aerchak
14-09-2015, 01:18
The important question everyone here is dying to ask, is it multiplayer and if so have you raced tractors in it? :D

lol

I've never played MP, but with some of the realism mods, you could have competitive races, I'm sure. Like I said, it actually has a pretty damned comprehensive physics engine. The hilarity comes when it freaks out and equipment goes flying through the air. It doesn't happen regularly, but when it does, it's hilarious. I was cutting a tree down with some heavy equipment, and I did something the engine didn't like, and before I knew it I was flying across the sky at about 400mph.

AdM1
14-09-2015, 01:45

Why not just buy your own farm and do the real thing?

/sarcasm

Kelderek
14-09-2015, 11:26
It's very serene and relaxing to play. It's kind of a wonderful low-stress game that you can sort of ignore while doing other things.

Are you implying that racing 10 laps at Monza with a full grid of hot-blooded rammers in Formula A's is not a "serene and relaxing" experience? :cool:

Haiden
14-09-2015, 13:22

Oh, I'm sure it is--especially being on version 15. Sounds like you might be considering that wheel. ;)