PDA

View Full Version : full customization in tuning

dizralph
11-09-2015, 17:29
Please make all cars able to tune ALL sections in the tune setup. please and thank you

Bealdor
11-09-2015, 17:31
Please make all cars able to tune ALL sections in the tune setup. please and thank you

The game is designed to only allow tuning those elements that are available IRL.

cry4dawn
11-09-2015, 18:33
You can't tune boost pressure (turbo) on a non turbo car. You can't tune 6th gear on a 4 speed. You can't tune downforce if there is no wing on the car. Like was said earlier if you can't tune it on the real car, you can't tune it in the game. Personally, I like it that way!

Schnizz58
11-09-2015, 19:18
So if a car doesn't have adjustable dampers, how are you going to tune them? If a car doesn't have a turbo, how are you going to change the wastegate pressure? Sorry but it's a terrible idea.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
11-09-2015, 21:51
Well admittedly we already allow many spring and damper changes that don't exist by standard in real life (most road cars for example), but on the other hand they're things that are easy to buy and install as after market products. The road cars are made with the idea that some changes a real life owner who was a track enthusiast would be able to do are possible in the game as well, like large alignment changes, adjustable diffs, springs and dampers, etc.

Some race cars are tightly homologated, so they can have for example very limited gear ratio selections, but that's what they have in real life as well, as part of the balancing of the car.

Skrillex
12-09-2015, 02:38
As a novice tuner myself there is already a ton of adjustments that can be made now that I have no idea what they will do. I'm like Cole trickle, put me in a car and I can drive but I can't tell you the first thing on how to make it drive better.

The current allotment of adjustments is fine don't add more so the already confused can be even more confused. That's like putting a crazy person into a locked room with a strobe light on and swirly patterns all over the walls. :)

redruMKO
12-09-2015, 16:15
So if a car doesn't have adjustable dampers, how are you going to tune them? If a car doesn't have a turbo, how are you going to change the wastegate pressure? Sorry but it's a terrible idea.

You answer your own questions...

If a car doesnt have a turbo, how COULD you change any setting of that non-existent turbo? What would that do?

If a man doesnt have any arms, no matter how much you want to shake his hand, and expect to be able to shake a persons hand... ...its not gong to happen.

I notice you didn't argue the "changing 6th gear in a 4-speed".... That one makes things quite clear.