PDA

View Full Version : Pitstop Bug

OBigO
12-09-2015, 04:16
Hi, wasn't sure where the bugs are meant to go or if anyone has reported it already but there is a bug with changing tyres. I'm not sure if it is track specific or car specific but you can't pit for mediums at monaco in the formula a. Is this a known issue and will it be fixed in the next patch?

Thanks!

N0body Of The Goat
12-09-2015, 18:23
I could not replicate this bug at Azure just before dinner in Quick Race Weekend, in a rolling start race, starting in last place with 19 AI.

Pitted for mediums during rolling start and again at the end of lap 1, HUD confirmed I had medium slicks fitted.

ports
12-09-2015, 18:33
I had a similar bug yesterday in career it started to rain so i pitted for wets but got slicks , before the race started i setup my pit stops as i knew there was going to be rain

Mahjik
12-09-2015, 18:58
I had a similar bug yesterday in career it started to rain so i pitted for wets but got slicks , before the race started i setup my pit stops as i knew there was going to be rain

Did you have other non-active pit strategies or was that your only strategy?

ports
12-09-2015, 19:03
Did you have other non-active pit strategies or was that your only strategy?

It was the first time using the car and i only had 1 pit stop setup , Track was road America and car was radical sr3.

edit i pitted again straight after and got wets.

Mahjik
12-09-2015, 19:08
Was there only your pitstop strategy available, or yours and the default strategy (I'm trying to see if possible it got confused and used the wrong strategy for you)?

ports
12-09-2015, 19:12
Was there only your pitstop strategy available, or yours and the default strategy (I'm trying to see if possible it got confused and used the wrong strategy for you)?

Just the 1 pitstop i edited the default and renamed it.

OBigO
12-09-2015, 23:26
Odd, I just did exactly the same thing and hud showed softs. Have tried a few times now but always get softs. Have also tried on other tracks and the same thing happens. Everyone tried in our league too and no one has managed to pit for mediums yet.

OBigO
12-09-2015, 23:27
Thought it could just be a glitch with the hud but I was getting the same wear as the softs too!

Stocky
18-09-2015, 16:29
Yup, no one in our league has been able to get mediums on a pit stop yet, at any of our first 3 races so far (Monza, Azure, Bathurst).
I was hoping it would be fixed with todays patch, but no luck. You would think that this would be high priority.
Stuck with softs for entire race after any pit stop.

Schnizz58
18-09-2015, 16:31
You would think.

beetes_juice
18-09-2015, 16:33
If you want to use mediums/hards during a league race why not start the race on mediums/hards and pit for softs later.

Raven403
18-09-2015, 16:35
If you want to use mediums/hards during a league race why not start the race on mediums/hards and pit for softs later.

Thats literally what our league is doing. But its not the point. They were supposed to be fixed.

Running hards/soft/soft isnt really allowing you to use Pit Stradegy its just buying you a few more laps before you get softs.

Del Zotto x82x
18-09-2015, 16:38
This Raven guy is such a whiner.. Go cry to someone who cares! 1,627 posts, 1,600 of them were complaining.. Wah wah wah

Bealdor
18-09-2015, 16:40
Thats literally what our league is doing. But its not the point. They were supposed to be fixed.

Running hards/soft/soft isnt really allowing you to use Pit Stradegy its just buying you a few more laps before you get softs.

Yes, the bug is fixed but unfortunately didn't make it into the patch in time.

This Raven guy is such a whiner.. Go cry to someone who cares!

This kind of post is totally unnessessary mate. If you don't want to add anything to the discussion then it's best to not post at all.

beetes_juice
18-09-2015, 16:41

Yeah I know it should have shipped/been fixed from the start. Just trying to give people options/ideas while its not.

Isin't it fixed though? Notes thread I think a mod mentioned to you it has been fixed just not in time for when they shipped out the patch for verification.

Edit: Above.

Schnizz58
18-09-2015, 16:42
Isn't it fixed though? Notes thread I think a mod mentioned to you it has been fixed just not in time for when they shipped out the patch for verification.
Correct.

Del Zotto x82x
18-09-2015, 16:42
Yes, the bug is fixed but unfortunately didn't make it into the patch in time.

This kind of post is totally unnessessary mate. If you don't want to add anything to the discussion then it's best to not post at all.

haha, he's a buddy bealdor, just giving him the business.. He's always giving me crap over my "oval threads" lol

Stocky
18-09-2015, 16:55
haha, he's a buddy bealdor, just giving him the business.. He's always giving me crap over my "oval threads" lol

haha, I thought you were mean too, until I read this.

Ovals & forced same set ups are 2 features I've wanted for a while. It seems we now have one of them at least, I hope. Maybe ovals soon.
Would rather they fix the pitting first tho.

My biggest pet peeve is the opponent names which are useless, and a better visual of knowing who's ghosted or not. Someone said they are semi transparent, but you could've fooled me, it's not noticeable.

Raven403
18-09-2015, 16:57

Ive never even Heard of this guy before. WHat a loser

hahaha jk <

Del Zotto x82x
18-09-2015, 17:00
Ive never even Heard of this guy before. WHat a loser

hahaha jk <

wow, 7 more post since I posted that 5 minutes ago lol

OBigO
18-09-2015, 17:01
So it's fixed and we should expect another patch this week?

Raven403
18-09-2015, 17:02
wow, 7 more post since I posted that 5 minutes ago lol

Yeah what your point you cactus eating Hillbilly

I could not replicate this bug at Azure just before dinner in Quick Race Weekend, in a rolling start race, starting in last place with 19 AI.

Pitted for mediums during rolling start and again at the end of lap 1, HUD confirmed I had medium slicks fitted.

Are you sure you selected "Change tires" or were allowed to change them in the race? Because I could pit every time select Hards and get softs, every time

Schnizz58
18-09-2015, 17:05
Call him an oval-lover. That'll get him. Actually no it won't....he'd probably like that.

Raven403
18-09-2015, 17:05
Call him an oval-lover. That'll get him. Actually no it won't....he'd probably like that.

He does trust me

Del Zotto x82x
18-09-2015, 17:09
yeeeee haaaaa.. Oh Dang!218440

Stocky
18-09-2015, 17:10

Are you sure you selected "Change tires" or were allowed to change them in the race? Because I could pit every time select Hards and get softs, every time

Are we sure this isn't multiplayer only? I've never done a single player to test it, but it happens every time in multi.

OBigO
18-09-2015, 18:42
I've tested in single player. Never had it work.

N0body Of The Goat
18-09-2015, 19:15

There are no "hard" slicks for the Formula A.

This car has...
Soft slicks
Medium slicks
Intermediates
Rain

The tyre change definitely worked for me, I started the race with an untouched default setup, which gave me Softs at the rolling start.

OBigO
18-09-2015, 19:30
So we can't use a touched setup is that what you are saying? Jokes!

Stocky
18-09-2015, 20:26
No, he said it gave him softs. I'm not sure he understands it's mediums we can't get in the pit.

Stocky
20-09-2015, 18:31
Solved Cause

Ok, after further testing, I know what is causing this bug.

No matter what tires you start with, and no matter what tires you have set to change to in the pits, it will only give you "automatic by weather".

So if it's raining, you will get rain tires in the pit no matter what you started with or have set for pit strategy.
If its not raining, you will get softs in the pit no matter what you started with or have set for pit strategy.

SMS, can you confirm that you received this update. Hopefully it will help.

Thanks!

leithnow
20-09-2015, 19:54
I just encountered pit bug. Clio cup, Silverstone international, qualifying. Ran down to little over a liter of fuel, pulled into pit for fuel, they no give me fuel. As I came in I opened the pit strategy and selected 6 more laps worth of fuel. But nothing. So I went around one more time, came back in, just reverted to default pit stop strategy...and still they gave me no fuel, kicking me out of the pit with 0.4 liters, not enough to make it around again and still 3 minutes on left in the session.

Mahjik
20-09-2015, 20:33
SMS, can you confirm that you received this update. Hopefully it will help.

It was already confirmed to have been found and fixed. It just didn't get fixed in time for the 4.0 release.

HEF51
20-09-2015, 20:36
This has been a problem for quite some time now. Our league noticed the bug almost a month ago:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38113-3-0-Pit-Stops-(In-Multiplayer)

roferri10
21-09-2015, 02:38
Just to report, and waiting for a solution too

Here I have the same problem, With Formula B and A. In Formula B, I could handle, and have fun in the championship, but like 100% Spa, 2x tire wear, I couldn't race, because soft tires was too slow, so I started with Medium, did the mandotory pit, and when I Pit again I check the the Strategy, see ''Medium Tires'' there, Tires change asymmetry, and my team put soft tires, and my race was over.

Today I stared Formula A championship, in Dubai, same conditions, 100% race, 100% AI, 57 laps, 2x tire wear. I'm pole position, with medium tires. So I did 12 laps, went to pit stop, I'm checked the Pit Strategy, saw ''Medium Tires, Asymmetry, I'm pit stop, and again, the game put me Soft Tires, and blow my race.

I'm Try in a Online race, and in a single player out off career race, and the same happens.

Just to know, I'm saw this happens in 3.0 and 4.0 patchs, and yes I'm already deleted all my Pit Strategy saves, and try to reinstall the game.

nhitrac
21-09-2015, 11:46
Rather than opening a new thread... How do you know which race has compulsory pit stops (in solo weekend mode)?

Is it determined based on the number of overall laps? Can't find a setting anywhere.

Thanks

Bealdor
21-09-2015, 11:48
Rather than opening a new thread... How do you know which race has compulsory pit stops (in solo weekend mode)?

Is it determined based on the number of overall laps? Can't find a setting anywhere.

Thanks

Mandatory pit stops aren't possible in QRW mode.

Sessionerror
21-09-2015, 20:36
I was just playing around a bit with pre saved pit strategies when I discovered another pit stop bug at Nürburgring GP. It seems like you won't get released from the last pits at this track at all. No tire changing sounds and nothing happens. I was just standing there. See video below:

https://youtu.be/oZk_IoqVJyg

BTW: In the german version, the tires should also be renamed as inters are called "mittel" which might very easily be confused with the medium tires. "Intermediates" for the intermediates would just be fine ;)

highwaystar1958
22-09-2015, 05:32
I was just playing around a bit with pre saved pit strategies when I discovered another pit stop bug at Nürburgring GP. It seems like you won't get released from the last pits at this track at all. No tire changing sounds and nothing happens. I was just standing there. See video below:

https://youtu.be/oZk_IoqVJyg

BTW: In the german version, the tires should also be renamed as inters are called "mittel" which might very easily be confused with the medium tires. "Intermediates" for the intermediates would just be fine ;)
Same thing happened tō me......restarted the race,raced 6 of 8 laps then let al take over

tuti34
22-09-2015, 09:19
Hi
PS4 digital version

I'm racing in multiplayer mode, Dubai, dry, 100%, 20 laps, 2x tire wear, BMW Z4 GT3, so I start the race in Hard Slicks, and I establshed pit strategy for 1 stop and hards again, but they always put softs. It doesn't matter if I check strategy in box or I right choose the mine, always softs. Softs don't allow 10 laps, even hards hardly allow 10 laps. Of course I could stop 2 times for softs, but I wanted to risk to only 1 stop (hard+hard), but it's not possible.

Kind regards

nhitrac
24-09-2015, 00:57
Mandatory pit stops aren't possible in QRW mode.

Bummer, but thanks

Worldwideweb
24-09-2015, 07:48
I might add another one:

Monza, full field, multi-class (in a quick race). I was driving the Continental GT3 and, due to the late hour, I forgot to request my pitstop, which obviously meant an occupied box when I entered the pits. So the AI drove through the pitlane but when it reached its end I was suddenly DQ'ed.

Don't know why, there wasn't any collision, I had just received one "crossing the white line"-call in the beginning of the race...

Gravit8
24-09-2015, 20:06
I skipped all the spam in the middle. Looks like this bug still not squashed.
Setups could take awhile to fix. Haha.
And no the default setups don't work on consoles. Only PC.

Gravit8
24-09-2015, 20:09
It was already confirmed to have been found and fixed. It just didn't get fixed in time for the 4.0 release.

That would be the same thing said after four updates now.
Maybe next time it will be right.

My. That is a REALLY big default pit bug you have there.
I think they have to ditch the default setups/strategys to get rid of it. But...........

Gravit8
24-09-2015, 22:11
So we can't use a touched setup is that what you are saying? Jokes!

Basically. Not with any confidence.

Gravit8
24-09-2015, 22:14
No, he said it gave him softs. I'm not sure he understands it's mediums we can't get in the pit.

If you play default with little or no changes. (games way) it works. He's just getting that out there. Can't really speak to our issues so much.
Defaults defaults defaults

N0body Of The Goat
09-10-2015, 10:36
Quick race weekend
Azure circuit
Formula A
Default QRW setup except rolling start
Untouched default car setup

Pitted during rolling start (soft slicks were automatically assigned at race start)...

Selected "rain" tyres on way to box were fitted...

Came in towards end of lap1 and the selected "mediums" were fitted...

Came in towards end of lap2 and the selected "intermediates" were fitted...

YAY!:D

Bealdor
09-10-2015, 10:39
Could you retry this in an online session so I can take that off of the known issues list?

N0body Of The Goat
09-10-2015, 11:03
Could you retry this in an online session so I can take that off of the known issues list?

As "host" on a public dedicated server (having used -autods), repeating the above test works as intended during a 10min qualifying and 2 lap race. :)

Sadly, the only "client" that joined did not communicate with me or pit all all in the server in either session. :/