PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Mixing classes GT3 / LMP1 &2

thepharcyde
12-09-2015, 07:26
Hi,

When setting up races with the AI you can specific same class, same car, mixed classes.

Can you specifically choose the classes that are mixed, e.g. Track Le-Mans and specifically have GT3 and the prototypes?

Appreciate it

Fryto
12-09-2015, 09:01
Nope :(

I hope they add this option soon.

Machinist90
12-09-2015, 09:23
only mixed classes you can have is for example,you choose a GT car and select mixed classes you get GT3 GT4 GT5,oldschool GT's but the game doesn't split up the scoring,just mixes the competitors but not the ranking

Soulin85s
12-09-2015, 10:32
We should have mix class and show the mix leaderboard like the real life do.

Slowsley
12-09-2015, 11:11
I sure hope this is coming. It's a big thing that keeps me from fully using pCARS how I would like. The right cars are there for it, they're well balanced in terms of performance, le Mans is there just calling...

m355y
12-09-2015, 11:14
This seems like the feature EVERYONE wants, me included.

Please, SMS :(

Cheesenium
12-09-2015, 11:18
I think everyone would want this. I like to have LMP900 with GT1 on the same grid.

Akra
12-09-2015, 11:25
Is there mixed class stuff in the Career mode?

Seelenkrank
12-09-2015, 11:30
in endurance races its mixed imho

chrisracer
12-09-2015, 12:44
This feature was asked for way back during the games development (almost three years ago). I asked for it several times. We were told that they couldn't do it at the time. One of the biggest disapointments in pcars in my opinion. During development I also asked if they could at least separate out older cars fro newer cars in the same class. The Ford GT and the Sauber would show up in a "same class" field with the other modern LMP cars. It really would have been nice if they gave us a car selection menu similar to either rfactor or GTL.

Otherworld
12-09-2015, 12:52
Yeah, I really don't understand why a feature that was in GTR2 (and even GTR1 iirc?) isn't in pCars. This is such an essential thing to have.

LM24z
12-09-2015, 14:50
I really hope this makes it into the game. If they implement proper multi class and timed races in quick race mode, I don't think I would ever need another racing game ever again :)

FS7
12-09-2015, 16:53
I hope this feature will be added at some point. Having the option to choose the car for each AI opponent would work too.

balderz002
12-09-2015, 19:42
Recreating the mixed grid of gt3 and gt4 on British tracks would be great. I do enjoy the Avon British GT Championship.

lifeofbrian
12-09-2015, 19:58
How this feature was not in the beta build boggles the mind. It's not even a feature, it's a requirement for any racing game or sim. Also, they keep giving us cars that have no competition, this is equally ridiculous. We need some themed DLC, or at the very least, some cars that fill out the current in game classes. It's like they spent lots of time on graphics, physics, then come to cars, and say "now chuck a few cars in". Although this is my fav racing sim(and I have them all), some things SMS do(or don't do) leave me shaking my head.

thepharcyde
13-09-2015, 11:17
Whilst this has been answered, can we poll this thread for future development considerations?

a) yes please SMS, this would be a fantastic addition to an already awesome game
b) rather your efforts were invested in other areas of the game

many thanks :)

SharpEyez
13-09-2015, 13:21
Whilst this has been answered, can we poll this thread for future development considerations?

a) yes please SMS, this would be a fantastic addition to an already awesome game
b) rather your efforts were invested in other areas of the game

many thanks :)

Where and what post is giving the answer?
Am I missing the answer really..?

NuclearPenguin
13-09-2015, 13:27
Where and what post is giving the answer?
Am I missing the answer really..?

The first reply. Though I had the same thoughts at first until I reread the first post.

Mahjik
13-09-2015, 15:12

It has been requested many times (and in the Feature Suggestion areas as well).

dodge33cymru
13-09-2015, 15:18
+1 to those asking for this, it's one of the biggest disappointments of the game to me. There are a few things like this that I can't believe haven't been factored into the design of the game and, if it's not easy to work in fine, but derestricted some of the files and the discouragement of modding and let us have a play around with custom carsets please.

m355y
13-09-2015, 17:52
+1 to those asking for this, it's one of the biggest disappointments of the game to me. There are a few things like this that I can't believe haven't been factored into the design of the game and, if it's not easy to work in fine, but derestricted some of the files and the discouragement of modding and let us have a play around with custom carsets please.

Gotta agree. I don't want to be too harsh about it because it's still a good game as it is - but include this option and you immediately make the game infinitely better. I find it really hard to understand why this wasn't in. It was a must.

Slowsley
13-09-2015, 19:42
Gotta agree. I don't want to be too harsh about it because it's still a good game as it is - but include this option and you immediately make the game infinitely better. I find it really hard to understand why this wasn't in. It was a must.

Agree word for word. As much as I hate it, unless it gets added pCARS is a sim of mine, but I want it to be the sim.

Slowsley
13-09-2015, 19:49
I wish the mission statement was something like, "Your sim, your way." "Your car, your opponents, your rules, your path."

Mahjik
13-09-2015, 19:52
I wish the mission statement was something like, "Your sim, your way." "Your car, your opponents, your rules, your path."

Even it could have been, reality would set in and it still "couldn't" be everything everyone wants... At some point, people have to realize that there are constraints in life. Every software developer wants to deliver the world. That's the nature of software development. At some point, reality kicks back in and ruins it all. ;)

Slowsley
13-09-2015, 20:07
Even it could have been, reality would set in and it still "couldn't" be everything everyone wants... At some point, people have to realize that there are constraints in life. Every software developer wants to deliver the world. That's the nature of software development. At some point, reality kicks back in and ruins it all. ;)

Sure. Reasonable people understand this. Just as far as this topic is concerned though, it appears very doable to us consumers at least. We're only asking for something already implemented in career, proper multi class racing that is, to be added to solo weekends. It seems lots of true motorsport fans are on pCARS and we'd love to have this level of accuracy. There's so much attention paid to the little details all throughout pCARS which is why A) I'm surprised it's not included, and B) I'm confident it could be.

m355y
14-09-2015, 06:41

Yeah - but this isn't 'just' a feature people want, this is something that from where I'm sitting looks reasonably easy to implement and would transform the game for the very people the game was aimed at - the racing fanatics who want something truly authentic. Imagine;

I want to race at Le Mans, option 1 (as it is now) - select 'multiclass', start a race in a field of V12 LMRs and Saubers with maybe the odd Audi in the field if you're lucky, lapping Radicals. It's alright, you can sort of overlook it and just concentrate on your race, but....

Option 2 - go to a screen, select Audi #1, #2, #3 and a few Mareks and RWds in your class, select some LMP2s and GT3 cars.

Really, I think if I could do that I'd be on the game for days and days. Especially when you consider the Aston DBR-1, Vantage GTE and (apparently) Toyota TS040 are on their way some time soon. It's a night and day difference, an absolutely crucial feature IMO. I really, really hope this comes in, above and beyond all future patches, DLC and animated pit crews etc. It it really that difficult to implement? (Serious question, not being arsey)

Slowsley
14-09-2015, 08:06
and would transform the game for the very people the game was aimed at - the racing fanatics who want something truly authentic.

EXACTLY. "Gamers" may not care, and there's Forza for that. Most of us are "sim racers", and it's fairly important.

NemethR
14-09-2015, 12:47
Yeah - but this isn't 'just' a feature people want, this is something that from where I'm sitting looks reasonably easy to implement and would transform the game for the very people the game was aimed at - the racing fanatics who want something truly authentic. Imagine;

I want to race at Le Mans, option 1 (as it is now) - select 'multiclass', start a race in a field of V12 LMRs and Saubers with maybe the odd Audi in the field if you're lucky, lapping Radicals. It's alright, you can sort of overlook it and just concentrate on your race, but....

Option 2 - go to a screen, select Audi #1, #2, #3 and a few Mareks and RWds in your class, select some LMP2s and GT3 cars.

Really, I think if I could do that I'd be on the game for days and days. Especially when you consider the Aston DBR-1, Vantage GTE and (apparently) Toyota TS040 are on their way some time soon. It's a night and day difference, an absolutely crucial feature IMO. I really, really hope this comes in, above and beyond all future patches, DLC and animated pit crews etc. It it really that difficult to implement? (Serious question, not being arsey)

I totally agree, and lets face it, its not much harder then making an Excel sheet.
In Race07 it was done, and all the info was stored in a basic text file.

Mahjik
14-09-2015, 13:16
Yeah - but this isn't 'just' a feature people want, this is something that from where I'm sitting looks reasonably easy to implement

It looks easy looking from the outside in... ;) I work in IT and I always have people tell me how easy it is for my teams to implement something. It's pretty comical sometimes. Without knowing the structure of their frameworks, it may not be as easy as everyone thinks.

However, I do think there may be an alternative and I have pitched an idea to SMS. If they can implement it, I would somewhat help part of this issue (but not completely as it's not custom championships or custom picking for racing fields):

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32381-Custom-championships-a-question-for-Mr-Bell&p=1008540&viewfull=1#post1008540

You cannot see it since it's on the WMD forum, but let's see what SMS does in this space...