PDA

View Full Version : Road tires help

Lagoa
12-09-2015, 15:27
Haven't played the road cars at all untill now, they are soo much better after 3.0! Really fun!

Only I don't understand the road tire compounds at all...
Can someone please explain me real quick the different compounds and what they are used for.

Masculin All Weather ?
Street medium ?
Track soft ?

Haven't got any clue, only I know when automatic by weather it always choses the All Weather I think.

Lagoa
12-09-2015, 16:49
nobody? :(

Roger Prynne
12-09-2015, 16:58
Check out the link in my sig.

Lagoa
12-09-2015, 17:19
Check out the link in my sig.

Well...I've read it. And tbh I don't understand any of it.. Also because that explanation was before the tires were renamed.. :P

Elmo
12-09-2015, 17:25
Masculin All Weather - Least amount of grip, but best in the rain
Street medium - Good grip and durability, ok in the rain
Track soft ? - best grip, wears the quickest, lethal in the rain

Lagoa
12-09-2015, 18:03
Masculin All Weather - Least amount of grip, but best in the rain
Street medium - Good grip and durability, ok in the rain
Track soft ? - best grip, wears the quickest, lethal in the rain

Thanks, that's what I needed. Weird that the game choses Masculin All Weather by default then.. Seeying it has the least grip. Also I couldn't get the all weather tires up to a decent temp it seemed. Track soft are the way to go then, unless there is rain :P

Elmo
12-09-2015, 19:18
The default tire on Road Cars is whatever the standard tire is when they roll-out the factory.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
12-09-2015, 19:58
Further notes: Even the All Weathers have fantastic grip for road tyres, far and above anything you find in normal cars. They're roughly at the same level as tyres like the Pirelli P Zero and Michelin Pilot Sport. The Street Mediums are essentially modern "Extreme Performance" summer tyres, Pirelli P Zero Corsa or Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 level. Humongous grip compared to normal road tyres. The Track tyres are supposed to be in the vein of semi-slick tyres that are technically street legal but you wouldn't want to use them on the street. These can be a bit odd, they have a lot of grip but they seem to only give it at very high slip angles, and initially have very little grip, making them feel slippery.