What do you use for settings for it?

//Emil

HenTheKing
13-09-2015, 10:00
I didn't even realise it was out?

Japemil
13-09-2015, 10:48
I didn't even realise it was out?

I didnt know either, but i saw that one store here in sweden had it so i grabbed it directly :)

Japemil
14-09-2015, 04:10
Is there no one att all who use it? :S

PoppaCapnurass
14-09-2015, 07:36
Hi Japemil,

I picked one up last week and have been enjoying it immensely. It's a pity that it doesn't appear to be backward compatible with the Xbox 360 as was initially speculated. Also a pity I don't seem to be able to use it with older X1 racing titles. Maybe that's a key reason why there may be a poor initial uptake of the controller.

I went to the Logitech website expecting to be able to download an instruction book of some type however there is only the single sided page which was included in the box. It's a basic plug it in guide. WTF?

Thus far, I haven't changed any settings for it as yet and haven't found any information on the web about making changes for that wheel in particular. There are some tutorials on YouTube for the G29 (PS4) wheel though.

I'd like to be able to program the RSB and LSB buttons or at least know what they are preprogrammed for if anything at all.

I was watching a YouTube video yesterday and the guy was talking about being able to program his wheel (not a G920) so that he could change the brake balance while racing. He was on PC though and I'd like to know if we can do that for the X1 version.

How are your experiences with the G920 wheel?

Japemil
14-09-2015, 10:23
Hi, my experince with it is very good :) i have just owned the g25 before and thats a big difference:) always have a smile on my lips when i use it in project cars! Only the thing is, that i think i must turn the wheel very much to turn the car on the game and i must calibrate it evert time i start project cars! But maybee i dont have cailbrated the wheel right!

I have my wheel hooked up on the Playseat Challange and made my own holder so i can have the gearshifter to :)

Sorry for bad english!

// Emil

nissan4ever
14-09-2015, 14:10
But maybe i dont have cailbrated the wheel right!

What's the total DOR on the G920 wheel? When at this screen...
You'll turn the wheel all the way to the left as far as it can go (see 100 on the screen). Hold it & hit A Button.

For the 90 turn, you'll turn the wheel until you see your wheel's DOR on the screen. For the TX, I have base set to default 900. Therefore I wanted 900 on the screen for the 90 turn. Do the same for your G920 wheel in the 90 turn (whatever the DOR is, that's what your 90 number will be), then hit A Button.

Your done calibrating the steering of your wheel.

Dynomight Motorsports
15-09-2015, 02:50
I will be watching this thread intently, as I'm done with Thrustmaster.

Japemil
15-09-2015, 18:00
i have got the wheel calibrated now the right way, i was locking it on 180 degrees before now it is 900 as it should be :)
But now i got hmm don't know the english word for it, it is a little play in the wheel when i go strait if you know what i mean?

can i change som settings to get rid of the play in the wheel?

LMR ShOwTiMe875
15-09-2015, 18:35
i have got the wheel calibrated now the right way, i was locking it on 180 degrees before now it is 900 as it should be :)
But now i got hmm don't know the english word for it, it is a little play in the wheel when i go strait if you know what i mean?

can i change som settings to get rid of the play in the wheel?

You can add some deadzone removal under options menu and control settings. I had to set mine at .04 or .05 if remember correctly.

Gorlin
16-09-2015, 10:24
Got my 920 yesterday and Project Cars works out of the box very good - much better than Forza 6, where I had Major issues with my settings.

So for Project Cars I will only have to adjust some samll Things like force feedback witch is too low.

nissan4ever
18-09-2015, 00:49
InsideSimRacing review for Logitech G920.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUMOOLbbsKA

Agent Smith
18-09-2015, 08:20
I found changing the steering to 540 was better but i'm having trouble with the brake pedal feeling its way too hard

Dynomight Motorsports
20-09-2015, 00:11
Really... I like the sound of that! I love a stiff pedal, especially when ABS is turned off. I was even thinking of going with a GTEYE progressive spring to get the progressive feel.

Raptor72auVF
20-09-2015, 13:47
Got it, Love it, All I did was turn up the wheel sensitivity to make turning match the on-screen wheel

Gorlin
23-09-2015, 13:03
Still having problems... just drove the N[rburgring GP with the Mercedes GT3 and in those narrow turns I have to turn mz wheel like an idiot. Feels like in old times without servo steering..

Any ideas? Also have recalibrated the wheel several times with different settings

Pbucko
23-09-2015, 14:18
Ordered a g920 wheel on Sunday. Monday email your item is ready to be despatched. Tuesday email your item is out of stock. Phoned up today to see what was happening, was told Logitech has put a stop on wheels, the product has issues and they can't send them out.

Brummy15
24-09-2015, 18:56
Getting this wheel tomorrow. What's the best settings for it? Thanx you

xsomnivmx
25-09-2015, 07:26
I will be watching this thread intently, as I'm done with Thrustmaster.

May i ask why? I'm currently deciding between the g920 and the TX Leather set.

returnofjim
25-09-2015, 20:10
Just thought I would let people know if you want one of these and you are in the UK currys/pc world have an offer on these. 55 off when you enter code G92055 at the checkout when you order online. I got mine for 244.99.

Love the wheel, have tested the Thrustmaster TX at my mates house but prefer the G920. Thrustmaster feels cheap and very noisy compared to the G920, also the G920 pedals are much better than the TX.

Dynomight Motorsports
26-09-2015, 02:52
May i ask why? I'm currently deciding between the g920 and the TX Leather set.

Read my signature. I'm currently waiting on my 4th base, 3rd replacement, to come back from Thrustmaster. Also they have a Manf. warranty, but expect it to take upwards of 2-3 weeks before you get a replacement. Then Pray like hell the thing works for longer than my bases did.
The only thing I like about the Thrustmaster is the add-on rims. They are awesome, I'm not a big fan of the Logitech rim, but at this point I just want something that will hold up over the test of time. Plus I like the stock Logitech Pedals, they are better than the add-on Thrustmaster pedals.

Rudolph523
26-09-2015, 12:52
Ordered a g920 wheel on Sunday. Monday email your item is ready to be despatched. Tuesday email your item is out of stock. Phoned up today to see what was happening, was told Logitech has put a stop on wheels, the product has issues and they can't send them out.

what kind of issues caused logitech to hold them back? i ordered mine last thursday at their webshop. i also want to know because i am absolutly finished with thrustmaster, and i hope i will have no problems with the logitech. and an general question:

can you program the rsb and lsb buttons in pcars? and can i change the rotation on the wheel or something like that? because you cant change rotation in every game, and that makes it cool if you can do that on the wheel.

Pbucko
27-09-2015, 10:38
I ordered it of pc world and they would not tell me why.

Mr.Smoke
27-09-2015, 23:20
To help out other Logitech wheel users having troubles with global FFB settings, check out this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35635-G29-Discussions-Plus-Support-and-Settings) for the G29. There are settings posted in the OP which i use (exception is Tire Force set to 75) and work very well. They are essentially the same wheels, so they should work the same on the G920.

I also need to recalibrate my wheel basically every time i start the game. Just make sure to always set it to 900 degrees. If cars dont turn to lock fast enough for you, adjust the steering ratio of the car, not the wheel.

FAHound
28-09-2015, 09:20
I ordered it of pc world and they would not tell me why.

Probably because its not true. I ordered mine from Currys side of PCWorld/Currys on Thursday, turned up this morning. Looks fine, haven't used it yet, (at work), but will report back after I have.

Looking about on the forums, everyone seems very happy with their new G920. Looking up PCWorld on trusted reviews and nobody is happy, lol. Id recommend cancelling the order and placing it with Currys; Pay for the next day delivery and you'll be smiling tomorrow :D

xsomnivmx
28-09-2015, 10:04
Read my signature. I'm currently waiting on my 4th base, 3rd replacement, to come back from Thrustmaster. Also they have a Manf. warranty, but expect it to take upwards of 2-3 weeks before you get a replacement. Then Pray like hell the thing works for longer than my bases did.
The only thing I like about the Thrustmaster is the add-on rims. They are awesome, I'm not a big fan of the Logitech rim, but at this point I just want something that will hold up over the test of time. Plus I like the stock Logitech Pedals, they are better than the add-on Thrustmaster pedals.

Well.. thats not good looking for the TX. The more i read the more i think i buy the logitech. Thanks.

PoppaCapnurass
28-09-2015, 11:39
I have had my G920 for a few weeks now and loved it. I can't compare it to other wheels as this is my first but it is very quiet and study feeling throughout. The purchase was pretty much for exclusive use on the Xbox One.

I would love it if there were more buttons on it I could program like the ps4 version has. Also I have not managed to get it to work on PC yet

xsomnivmx
28-09-2015, 11:48
Also I have not managed to get it to work on PC yet

Inside sim racing said something about pc drivers that are not ready yet.

Regarding the noise.. stupid question maybe.... but does this wheel have a fan, like the tx?

PoppaCapnurass
28-09-2015, 12:27
Inside sim racing said something about pc drivers that are not ready yet.

Regarding the noise.. stupid question maybe.... but does this wheel have a fan, like the tx?

One can download drivers from Logitech (I've had two versions) that they seem to be updating regularly, I hope the get it working for PC soon as I'd love to race on the PC while my wife is on the Xbox.

I don't think there is a fan inside the unit at. When it sits there, there is no sound emissions from it. When racing, it's very quite but at times it it's not tuned up well it will clip at corner turning and make pretty audible clacking noises. Some careful adjustment will remedy this.

FAHound
28-09-2015, 15:11
Tested the wheel and it works fine on PCars and other racing games. Weird service from PC World, eh?

FAHound
28-09-2015, 15:15
To help out other Logitech wheel users having troubles with global FFB settings, check out this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35635-G29-Discussions-Plus-Support-and-Settings) for the G29. There are settings posted in the OP which i use (exception is Tire Force set to 75) and work very well. They are essentially the same wheels, so they should work the same on the G920.

I also need to recalibrate my wheel basically every time i start the game. Just make sure to always set it to 900 degrees. If cars dont turn to lock fast enough for you, adjust the steering ratio of the car, not the wheel.

Thanks for that. I'm finding the FFB to be a little muffled compared to my Mad Catz that I already have, and the brake pedal is rock hard and sharp at the moment. Time to have a fiddle....

Mr.Smoke
28-09-2015, 22:43
Thanks for that. I'm finding the FFB to be a little muffled compared to my Mad Catz that I already have, and the brake pedal is rock hard and sharp at the moment. Time to have a fiddle....

Happy to help out! Those settings should improve the feel of the wheel. If it feels too light with tire force at 75, bump it up some. It was a personal choice to tone it down as i prefer a lighter FFB.

The brake pedal is rather stiff, but is that way by design. Having the pedals hard mounted really makes a difference IMO.

FAHound
29-09-2015, 08:33
Happy to help out! Those settings should improve the feel of the wheel. If it feels too light with tire force at 75, bump it up some. It was a personal choice to tone it down as i prefer a lighter FFB.

The brake pedal is rather stiff, but is that way by design. Having the pedals hard mounted really makes a difference IMO.

In the end I upped FFB and Tyre force to 100, then upped each car Master to about 60 - that worked!

Would you please check something for me. The brake pedal on my set doesn't register the first 15% while calibrating and the force required to get it to the full 100% is just too much. I have to force it very hard to register to 100% and the wife had no chance when she tried it. This doesn't seem right to me. Are your pedals the same? Anyone else have this issue?

In-game it really messes things up with braking for corners. I'm now having to start braking way before I need to be.

I have the pedals hard mounted on a GT Omega Stand. I've stopped using the brake and am now using the clutch pedal instead. This isn't a long term option as I bought it for the clutch and shifter.

Does anyone know if the new Fanatec CSR pedals (100 version due Oct 30th), are compatible? Or any other decent pedals that are compatible?

AbioticPuddle43
29-09-2015, 08:59
If you calibrate the pedal at what is comfortable you will still get full brake pressure in the game no need for 100% check telemetry when your playing

PoppaCapnurass
29-09-2015, 10:41

Do you mean we can electronically the pressure required for the brake?

PoppaCapnurass
29-09-2015, 10:43

I have mine one a good thick rug on which my chair and table is on, it's steady as a rock.

FAHound
29-09-2015, 13:14
Do you mean we can electronically the pressure required for the brake?

That's what the poster above me means. When calibrating the brake - don't go to 100%, just to what is comfortable. There could be an issue with such a small area of travel but I won't know until I test it later.

It's a good suggestion, so thanks for that abioticpuddle43 :D

AbioticPuddle43
29-09-2015, 13:34
My brake pedal is on 67% I think.so I get full breaking pressure but I don't need to ram on the brake.feels very realistic

Dynomight Motorsports
29-09-2015, 13:48
I like a hard brake pedal. GTEYE has progressive springs which makes the pedal progressive stiffer the further you go, so not to lock up. You will enjoy the added brake pressure when you switch ABS off. Every REAL race car I've ever driven has as pretty stiff pedal compaired to their Road worthy Counter-parts as the Road cars have brake boosters to make your pedal soft. Next time you are in a parking lot or non-public road try turning the car off and using the brakes of your street car without the booster, then you will see what I mean.

FAHound
30-09-2015, 16:17
I spent a lot of time yesterday adjusting the pedal settings and the best I could find was a 55% setting. Even with this setting the brake pedal was too stiff and unresponsive. I could almost feel the progressive braking but it wasn't very good and added 20 seconds to a lap.

I looked at YouTube videos of people using the G920 and their pedals are working fine. A bloke on the Forza forum uses his on a wooden floor (no gripper), and computer chair with no problems. If I tried that I'd go flying!

I searched various forums and there are a lot of people like me with brake pedals that are solid and unresponsive. One gent hit his rubber stop until it moved and then it worked fine. Most are sending them back.

So, it's a hardware fault. Logitech must be aware but are only advising adjusting the sensitivity. Seems they're doing a Thrustmaster and getting the public to do their QC for them.

AbioticPuddle43
01-10-2015, 07:26
I said before my pedal was set at 67% i was wrong it's 37% and on forza 6 the out side dead zone is 35 I love it.no abs and I'm beating my times I set with a thrust master spider non ffb. Try lowering it more you may like it!

FAHound
01-10-2015, 09:16
I said before my pedal was set at 67% i was wrong it's 37% and on forza 6 the out side dead zone is 35 I love it.no abs and I'm beating my times I set with a thrust master spider non ffb. Try lowering it more you may like it!

Righto, I'll give it a go. I usually have my settings to real, so I'll change that to ABS definitely off.

FAHound
01-10-2015, 10:11
Yep, that helped. Still not over impressed, maybe it will grow on me. If there was more room to brake I would be a happy man.

Just got best time in GT on Mojave so it can't be that bad, eh :D

AbioticPuddle43
01-10-2015, 10:34
Sweet.glad that's helped a bit,no fastest laps for me haha

FAHound
01-10-2015, 11:03
Sweet.glad that's helped a bit,no fastest laps for me haha

There's not normally for me! Top ten if I'm lucky. It's a new paid for map and I got in early, no doubt I'll be 50th before long.

Turn off the racing line and stick to one car and one map and you should be up there with the best soon enough.

Thank you to you and everyone else for their help with this.

Gorlin
05-10-2015, 09:59
Still having problems... just drove the Nuerburgring GP with the Mercedes GT3 and in those narrow turns I have to turn my wheel like an idiot and about 400 degrees. Feels like in old times without servo steering..

Any ideas? Also have recalibrated the wheel several times with different settingsbut nothing decreased the steering

Still got that Problem - any ideas?

FAHound
05-10-2015, 11:24
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40328-some-good-base-settings-for-the-logitech-g920-(XB1)&p=1138799&viewfull=1#post1138799

Follow my post on this page for ffb setup. This will make it easier to turn the wheel itself. Then change steering ratios on each car to suit the car and your style - lower ratios (slide to the left), means tighter cornering.

FAHound
05-10-2015, 11:39
Or you could change from 900 degree rotation to 270 - handy for the formula cars.

When calibrating the whelel do not turn it 100%. Instead turn it to 28% and then 270 for the final part of calibrating the wheel.

Cheekiecharlie
12-10-2015, 13:53
that's exactly where I have mine 67%,i notmally play with only my socks on ,never shoes ,I must admit I was struggling with the full 100%,especially when heel/toeing

PoppaCapnurass
12-10-2015, 14:05
Thanks for the advice on reducing steering down from 100%.

Some cars I have to wind and wind that wheel to get around a corner and others much less

Cheekiecharlie
13-10-2015, 00:48
I just change the steering rack in options to reduce the turning circle

FAHound
13-10-2015, 07:37
Tightening the steering, whichever way it's done, does help a lot - especially with FA cars around Azure.

I'm still not liking the brake pedal very much. I've switched over to the clutch pedal for braking but, and this is the weird and annoying bit, I can't get near my times I get when using the brake pedal as the brake! I'm thinking it has something to do with just using the right foot for braking - carrying the speed as there's a slight delay before braking. Or, maybe they've got it right with this brake pedal and I'm just going to have to get used to it.......

PoppaCapnurass
14-10-2015, 11:02
I've noticed there is new firmware on the Logitech site thats been uploaded recently.

I wonder if installing it will help with the X1 as well ... given it is firmware.

PoppaCapnurass
16-10-2015, 11:55
Excuse my ignorance: can someone advise if it is deadzone I need to adjust if my G920 wheel wobbles side independent of vehicle motion to side when I am at the starting line?

Will it (or what do I have to adjust) when the wheel clicking as I turn corners?

I have the same global settings, but for some cars the above is a lot worse than for other cars.

baznitch
17-10-2015, 07:42
Has anyone had trouble with the game pausing whilst turning thr wheel right?

PoppaCapnurass
17-10-2015, 08:56
I thought it was just me .. it only happens occasionally though ... like once or twice in many hours of racing.

I've been playing Lara Croft a lot recently and it happens in that game too.

So may be an Xbox thing rather than PCars.

baznitch
17-10-2015, 19:25
I know someone who left the game on pause with the wheel and wasn't able to use it again, everytime he turned the wheel it would pause the game, he even tried it on a second xbox.