PDA

View Full Version : I'm giving up on you SMS, aka Sunday rant.

dvc
13-09-2015, 06:29
It's gonna be a short one. I promise.

I gave them a chance to improve it. Three months. I think that's long enough. Playing it today is as annoying as it was on launch day.
OK. Force feedback feels much better, but I think that's the only positive about this game. I'm honest.
Multiplayer. You dont want to be involved in a crash, you have to start first... Or last? And wait till they all gone? Either of those there's always that idiot who will Park his car in the middle of the road waiting for you. Now all of you gonna say there are people who race clean. So? I want to race clean every time I switch on this God damn console.
Try AI? No comment.

I think they wanted to make something as arcade as Forza and as realistic as iRacing. You cannot put those two things together.
If they aim for the same thing with pCars 2. I'm definitely not gonna preorder, or buy on a launch day. I will wait few months and see. But who gonna play it after few months.?

So yeah.. At the moment I'm back to iRacing. Even tho I have to play it on my old crusty pc where I'm barely getting 50 fps on lowest settings. It's still more fun, and I know what to expect from other drivers and the game.

Unless there will be some groundbreaking change in Project Cars that's my last post.

Thank you and good bye.

BioForce
13-09-2015, 06:33
Ok, thanks for your post. Thread can be closed. Bye.

PC49NZ
13-09-2015, 06:34
Good, pick up your bat and ball and go home, coz I'm really enjoying it.

dvc
13-09-2015, 06:56
I'm sorry, that you can accept that some people are just not happy with the product received. I'm also sorry that moderators avoid uncomfortable topics by closing / removing.... But doesn't it say General Discussion up top?

Best regards

cluck
13-09-2015, 09:13
Possibly closed to prevent yet another 30-page thread of arguments going backwards and forwards with no real progress being made on either side.

If you have a thread locked, hit report post and note down your concern as to why it was locked. Creating a thread moaning about a thread being locked just isn't cricket old chap :).

EDIT : I'm not a mod, so I'm only guessing that that's the reason the thread was locked

m355y
13-09-2015, 09:21
Don't agree with your views on the game. Do agree that some of the thread lockings/bannings on here seem to be for nothing more than people giving a negative opinion, and that's pretty shoddy. You open up a discussion forum about your product, you have to take it on the chin when people criticise it.

amazed
13-09-2015, 10:02
Just throw your toys out the pram QUIETLY and leave if you are going to stop playing the game.

DON'T say I'm GIVING UP on the game and then hang around on the forum to see what the response is going to be.

Too many people doing this, maybe for the attention?

It's like a relationship, if you leave someone, do you then constantly watch their house to see what they are doing?

No, you move on, get on with your life, and let them get on with theirs.

Now please shut the door on your way out.

Umer Ahmad
13-09-2015, 10:32
I'm sorry, that you can accept that some people are just not happy with the product received. I'm also sorry that moderators avoid uncomfortable topics by closing / removing.... But doesn't it say General Discussion up top?

Best regards
Good bye. Enjoy your other games.

Guys: we're not going to entertain accusations about SMS or the moderators. Simple. If you like the game or have problems and need help we can discuss that, no problem.

Sankyo
13-09-2015, 14:02
Don't agree with your views on the game. Do agree that some of the thread lockings/bannings on here seem to be for nothing more than people giving a negative opinion, and that's pretty shoddy. You open up a discussion forum about your product, you have to take it on the chin when people criticise it.
Nobody ever got banned for giving a negative opinion. People do get banned for the way they voice it.

On the other hand, the forum is owned by the people who made the game and it's their good right to have threads locked if they don't add anything to the forum. Negative opinions are nothing anyone gets worked up about, but if it's just turning into another back-and-forth opinionating thread and especially one in which the devs are accused of all kinds of things, it's just a waste of time and forum space.