PDA

View Full Version : Slippery Monza?

tclancey
13-09-2015, 15:56
Is Monza especially slippery? I'm finding it really difficult getting a setup to give me any mechanical grip, the same as I would use on other circuits.

Just wondering.

DECATUR PLAYA
13-09-2015, 16:26
Is Monza especially slippery? I'm finding it really difficult getting a setup to give me any mechanical grip, the same as I would use on other circuits.

Just wondering.

Check your track conditions I think I know what your talking about.

tclancey
13-09-2015, 17:34
I have the conditions set to clear as I have on other circuits today, I'm just trying out a couple of new cars on different tracks and I've found it difficult to keep anything under control! I even went back to a GT3 car that I know very well and I can't make it work either. I'm sure it used to be ok, I haven't been on Monza for a while I must admit.

Anyone else finding Monza a bit of a nightmare?

Mahjik
13-09-2015, 18:05
Are the ambient temperatures the same? It may be much cooler at Monza which will make the grip levels different. The track surfaces themselves are all the same.

Sampo
13-09-2015, 18:07
If you dont have a career and don't mind deleting your save file (from the cloud too), try that.

Sankyo
13-09-2015, 19:23
I have the conditions set to clear as I have on other circuits today, I'm just trying out a couple of new cars on different tracks and I've found it difficult to keep anything under control! I even went back to a GT3 car that I know very well and I can't make it work either. I'm sure it used to be ok, I haven't been on Monza for a while I must admit.

Anyone else finding Monza a bit of a nightmare?

Just drove laps in Free Practice and Time Trial in the Mclaren GT3 and I felt all was fine. What kind of slipperyness are you experiencing? Can you show it in a video?

tclancey
13-09-2015, 19:29
Hmm, there must be something else going on. It's like a light rain setting but it's definitely a dry track. I can't do a video easily. I'll load it up again and check all the variables...

jimmyb_84
13-09-2015, 19:49
From my experience at Monza tyre temps are everything, you are describing a tyre not at the peak of its operating temperature.

Here is my extensive test at Monza with the RUF GT3 you'll note tyre temps are really low to maintain the heat on the long straights. Try lowering your pressures a lot. or if you let me know what car and a short video with tyre temps I'll assist

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35057-RUF-GT3-Monza-GP-What-I-did-so-far-(PART-3-NEW-PB)

tclancey
14-09-2015, 10:24
Just read your post and watched your video, I need to lean a lot more about setup. I used to be pretty good with the Forza tuning, but let's face it, that was play dough compared to the spanners in this game!

tclancey
14-09-2015, 18:12
For those of you interested in this thread and possibly still wondering what the problem is, feel free to take the piss as much as you like... For some unknown reason my setup included wet tyres. I've been testing on a dry track. And I didn't think to look at this because it was too obvious. So... I AM IDIOT!!

I thank everyone who was trying to help! (Embarrassed face!)

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
14-09-2015, 18:44
Happens to the best of us, glad you figured it out though. =)

Sankyo
14-09-2015, 19:07
For those of you interested in this thread and possibly still wondering what the problem is, feel free to take the piss as much as you like... For some unknown reason my setup included wet tyres. I've been testing on a dry track. And I didn't think to look at this because it was too obvious. So... I AM IDIOT!!

Great testing of rain tyres on a dry surface! Very valuable feedback for our physics team, thanks for putting some of your time in that :)

Haiden
14-09-2015, 20:54

At least you admitted it. :)