PDA

View Full Version : cant see this working.

cerbrus2
13-09-2015, 18:23
we need bigger and better streams for this guys. Seems like there is no support what so ever for it. The largest stream on twitch was 27 viewers for a German guy on PS4.

If you want this game to become a successful Esport you need a bit more support than what is being provided. No main stream to keep up with the action at all. Only thing we have is a refresh button and the ESL web site.

marcdxn
13-09-2015, 18:33
Agreed - needs streams

ONT
13-09-2015, 19:25
A very strange E-Sports event indeed lol :cool:

Especially coming from the stellar StarCraft 2 event earlier.

TheDoctor46
13-09-2015, 19:40
Well, it was the very first one of a new IP...dunno what StarCraft1 made for their audience :p

ONT
13-09-2015, 20:36
Well, it was the very first one of a new IP...dunno what StarCraft1 made for their audience :p

I'm sorry but I'm going to hold us to a higher standard than a Starcraft 1 event in 1998 I just have to :)

marcdxn
13-09-2015, 20:37
Early days still yet these 1v1s are surely just a tester to see how it would run

Yorkie065
14-09-2015, 09:05
Every major eSports title has to start somewhere, and it's usually very very small. I think one of PCars' major problems outside of the game itself, is the REAL world of motorsport. Thats not to say it would be impossible for it to grow and become big like any other current eSports title, but the publicity needs to be there and whats being shown needs to be good in terms of entertainment! If the right people get behind it and the word gets around, then it could become an interest to a lot of sim racers, motorsport fans and the like. What we have at the moment are foundations, and if the devs can improve the base of the game and bring in a few features that really suit eSports, then we'd have a very solid base to work upon and push the racing games genre in eSports forward, as it is something that is very much lacking at the moment compared to other game genres.

Kroegtijgertje
14-09-2015, 10:54
The biggest pain right now is the cars 'sticking together' when driving close to each other

ONT
14-09-2015, 21:22
The biggest pain right now is the cars 'sticking together' when driving close to each other

Disclaimer I have not driven pCARS scene release, to much RL work :cool:

But there was a few really bad BUGS that was in the dev period for a loooooong time, the GLUE/MAGNETIC physics bug (cars sticking together or stick to fence, rails , side of OVAL track etc) the other

is the HDR auto exposure problem in cockpit view (making things outside to dark/bright washed out).

Hopefully some time sooooooon some bright dev will delve in to solving them :cool: