PDA

View Full Version : when the septembre dlc and patch 4.0 and patch note out ?

Racer Pro
13-09-2015, 19:33
when the septembre dlc and patch 4.0 and patch note out ?

Siberian Tiger
13-09-2015, 19:35
Don't think that they will give an exact Date...

But since all DLC Vehicles Files came with a Patch until 3.0 and i guess it will be not other in 4.0, so i think it will happen in the next weeks...

Mr.Smoke
13-09-2015, 19:57
When it gets here.

Liquid7394
13-09-2015, 20:31
8th September 2015.

MAARTEN
13-09-2015, 20:32
Soon ;)

thegt500
13-09-2015, 21:33
SMSoon ;)

Bealdor
13-09-2015, 21:37
It's SMSoon™ guys. SMSoon™

:p

Angst1974
14-09-2015, 00:25
Should be out on the 31st of this month

Umer Ahmad
14-09-2015, 01:35
Before OCT 1st

AB_Attack
14-09-2015, 09:43
Before OCT 1st

Yes the DLC, but a next patch? Is it even announced another patch is coming?

It would be nice to know what features are considered a priority to implement. I'm hoping telemetry that can be read. Shocks, ride height and all tyre temps. For me it is difficult to understand why these central pieces of information is still left out in a sim-game. Especially since calculations are already there. All it takes is to let telemetry program read it. Now I have to turn on telemetry hud, start fraps-program, drive a lap and record gameplay, then watch it and try to get a feel for the approximate rates and bottoming out.

Also I want possibility to fix the rotating cam for being able to evaluate brakebalance (and free-cam for general coolness). You can already rotate it and then one has to sort of fight it when it will automatically center again when the car starts moving. So, just add possiblity to fix the camera. Trying to make out brake balance now means looking at deviating skid on tyres. It would be so much easier to simply watch the car from the side.

Chevi
14-09-2015, 09:55
I am not interested in a changelog that is not a changelog but an unfinished to-do-list.

The Patch? Yes, shure! Maybe soon, oder sooner, that means the patch is coming, I promise, soon or later...

Pirategenius
14-09-2015, 12:19
3.0 was a great patch addressing some of the problems. But do we have any news on the next patch, as it appears that lapped cars are still being recorded finishing in the wrong positions, and the lack Of AI awareness on track, AI mechanical failures and AI retirements from career races. As I've had quite a few AI still running with 3 wheels and various bits of bodywork missing poodling around getting in the way until the end of a race.
Also what's the chance of vita support for telementry or rearview mirror etc ?As the PS4 is geared up for this function already.

Sankyo
14-09-2015, 12:48
I think after all the complaining around patch 3.0 w.r.t. when it was coming out for the various platforms, the devs might be a little hesitant about posting any news about the new patch :)

Slicker_VR
14-09-2015, 13:16
with so many 'known issues' still unresolved it would be nice to know some progress is being made - silence is NOT golden in this case

Umer Ahmad
14-09-2015, 13:21
Moved to existing "where is patch/dlc?" discussion

N0body Of The Goat
14-09-2015, 16:03
Epic told me two weeks. ;)

Knightfall
14-09-2015, 16:10
I think after all the complaining around patch 3.0 w.r.t. when it was coming out for the various platforms, the devs might be a little hesitant about posting any news about the new patch :)

And rightfully so.

Patch 3.0 was great, despite the noise here... Patch 4.0 will be the same. Patch notes are awesome for most of us, but considering the mob mentality overreactions common to this forum it makes perfect sense they don't release any information until patch deployment.

Flaw3dGenius
14-09-2015, 16:26
And rightfully so.

Patch 3.0 was great, despite the noise here... Patch 4.0 will be the same. Patch notes are awesome for most of us, but considering the mob mentality overreactions common to this forum it makes perfect sense they don't release any information until patch deployment.
Wasnt great for alot of us on PS4. I've had more issues after Patch 3.0 than i did any other time since release.

ermo
14-09-2015, 16:33
Yes the DLC, but a next patch? Is it even announced another patch is coming?

It would be nice to know what features are considered a priority to implement. I'm hoping telemetry that can be read. Shocks, ride height and all tyre temps. For me it is difficult to understand why these central pieces of information is still left out in a sim-game. Especially since calculations are already there. All it takes is to let telemetry program read it. Now I have to turn on telemetry hud, start fraps-program, drive a lap and record gameplay, then watch it and try to get a feel for the approximate rates and bottoming out.

Also I want possibility to fix the rotating cam for being able to evaluate brakebalance (and free-cam for general coolness). You can already rotate it and then one has to sort of fight it when it will automatically center again when the car starts moving. So, just add possiblity to fix the camera. Trying to make out brake balance now means looking at deviating skid on tyres. It would be so much easier to simply watch the car from the side.

(underline emphasis mine)

I've been using the numpad down key to do this as a workaround since SHIFT 1. It's not perfect, but the option to do so is there. It will stop at the ground plane level and thus let you watch the car from the side to check if the rear brakes start locking. We even confirmed a SHIFT 1 bug using that method (broken brake balance slider -- not in pCARS so hurrah for progress!). :)

Knightfall
14-09-2015, 16:39
Wasnt great for alot of us on PS4. I've had more issues after Patch 3.0 than i did any other time since release.

I play the game on PS4 only, and 3.0 was a MASSIVE upgrade across all fronts. Cut track in all modes, AI, graphics, FPS, etc.

If you are having more wheel based trouble, then I'm sorry, I have no knowledge of that yet as I am still on a DS4.

The only "added" issues post 3.0 that I have noticed is the reverse color on tire PSI in setups which simply requires you press down or up one more time, and doesn't effect game play at all, and the practice issue where I change my setup before my first lap out, I select drive, and the pit chief never lets me out. Fix for this is also simple: Return to pit box (while still in pit box) and then select drive again. Works 100% of the time.

While I can see how these are annoying, they hardly effect game play, I would argue they don't effect it. It's not perfect, but it was a huge improvement and no doubt 4.0 will also be a huge improvement.

Flaw3dGenius
14-09-2015, 16:42
I play the game on PS4 only, and 3.0 was a MASSIVE upgrade across all fronts. Cut track in all modes, AI, graphics, FPS, etc.

If you are having more wheel based trouble, then I'm sorry, I have no knowledge of that yet as I am still on a DS4.

The only "added" issues post 3.0 that I have noticed is the reverse color on tire PSI in setups which simply requires you press down or up one more time, and doesn't effect game play at all, and the practice issue where I change my setup before my first lap out, I select drive, and the pit chief never lets me out. Fix for this is also simple: Return to pit box (while still in pit box) and then select drive again. Works 100% of the time.

While I can see how these are annoying, they hardly effect game play, I would argue they don't effect it. It's not perfect, but it was a huge improvement and no doubt 4.0 will also be a huge improvement.

Wrong tires put on in pits, Crashing to desktop, Invisible walls, Wheel turning crazy angles when race about to start or restart race and crazy spikes in FFB/Car goes crazy which im sure is related to invisible walls/crazy spin outs that should not happen.

Knightfall
14-09-2015, 17:04
Wrong tires put on in pits, Crashing to desktop, Invisible walls, Wheel turning crazy angles when race about to start or restart race and crazy spikes in FFB/Car goes crazy which im sure is related to invisible walls/crazy spin outs that should not happen.

Again, no experience with a wheel, or any problems associated with them. That being said, those problems do sound bad.

As far as the wrong tires put on in pits, I haven't seen that yet myself. As for crashing to desktop, I thought you played on PS4? Anyway, I think my game crashed once that I can recall... 25 lapper at Spa using Formula A cars, I was using DRS while trying to go through turn 18 Blanchimont and my game crashed and I had to reboot my ps4.. Honestly, I haven't seen the same issues or with the same frequency. For the record, I am 65 hours + played.

-Brick_Top-
14-09-2015, 17:09
Is it me or has it been very quite here of late with acknowledgment of bugs and comments of we are working on it? Is pcars updates finished now for ps4 or are bugs still being worked on?
Anyone know???

Flaw3dGenius
14-09-2015, 17:13
Still being worked on. Im sure it's quiet on the forums from SMS as they are fully working on squashing all the bugs now rather than browsing to hear how great their game is! ;)

Mr.Smoke
14-09-2015, 17:17
Still being worked on. Im sure it's quiet on the forums from SMS as they are fully working on squashing all the bugs now rather than browsing to hear how great their game is! ;)

Hopefully you are right!!

AB_Attack
14-09-2015, 17:18
(underline emphasis mine)

I've been using the numpad down key to do this as a workaround since SHIFT 1. It's not perfect, but the option to do so is there. It will stop at the ground plane level and thus let you watch the car from the side to check if the rear brakes start locking. We even confirmed a SHIFT 1 bug using that method (broken brake balance slider -- not in pCARS so hurrah for progress!). :)

WOW! I didn't know. You sire are hereby awarded with The Golden Workaround of the Year Star! :D

I also read about dev cam a while ago. Might check on that too soon.

-Brick_Top-
14-09-2015, 17:21
:distrust:
Hopefully you are right!!

I hope so too

rocafella1978
14-09-2015, 17:23
I thought was done with DLC's??? that's a surprise, and next patch also? thought there won't be one until January 2016, thought it was done for 2015, and focus of SMS was on Red Bull Air Race (The Game), World of Speed and Project CARS2...??? hmm interesting! looking forward to see what Project CARS1 still will bring out in 2015...really thought all done until 2016.

Bealdor
14-09-2015, 17:24
There will be more patches and additional content released in the next months. The devs are not abandoning this game anytime soon.

Bealdor
14-09-2015, 17:25
...really thought all done until 2016.

Where did you get that impression from?

Mr.Smoke
14-09-2015, 17:39
The devs are not abandoning this game anytime soon.

They seemed to have abandoned the forum all at once, aside from a few of them. Some activity from them on occasion to answer questions & provide reassurance would go a long way with many folks im sure.

rocafella1978
14-09-2015, 17:45
Where did you get that impression from?
since everything was being locked in regards to issues and bugs and to me (pers.) looked like focus is on next developments, future projects and current ones are slowly put on back burner.

Bealdor
14-09-2015, 17:46
They seemed to have abandoned the forum all at once, aside from a few of them.

Vacation time, mate. ;)

Some activity from them on occasion to answer questions & provide reassurance would go a long way with many folks im sure.

Check out the "SMS Posts" button. They are active on the forums.

For example here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37279-Please-fix-multiplayer-game-chat&p=1115094&viewfull=1#post1115094) and here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28369-2-amp-4-Team-Championships&p=1115131&viewfull=1#post1115131).

Mr.Smoke
14-09-2015, 17:54
Vacation time, mate. ;)

For example here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37279-Please-fix-multiplayer-game-chat&p=1115094&viewfull=1#post1115094) and here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28369-2-amp-4-Team-Championships&p=1115131&viewfull=1#post1115131).

Wish i could get that much holiday time lol. Everyone needs a break though.

Im well aware of the SMS Posts button. Regardless, its undeniable that their activity has substantially subsided around here.

mister dog
14-09-2015, 17:58
And rightfully so.

Patch 3.0 was great, despite the noise here... Patch 4.0 will be the same. Patch notes are awesome for most of us, but considering the mob mentality overreactions common to human kind it makes perfect sense they don't release any information until patch deployment.
Corrected that fo you :)

-Brick_Top-
14-09-2015, 18:06
Vacation time, mate. ;)

Holiday from what????

Only joking just glad we haven't been abandoned. I don't begrudge anyone some time off and don't mind if they not so active on the forum. Just so quiet of late I was starting to wonder.

Edit

I just hope bug fixing is as high priority as more paid for content.

Umer Ahmad
14-09-2015, 18:32
merged with existing "where is next patch/dlc" thread

-Brick_Top-
14-09-2015, 18:43
merged with existing "where is next patch/dlc" thread
Thanks for merging my thread from ps4 specific to general. Not concerned about dlc obviously that will remain a priority.