PDA

View Full Version : Racing...

Goods_1973
13-09-2015, 22:44
Tonight on XB-1 I put on a 30 lap gt3 at silverstone, no damage on to not deter the weaker guys, x3 tyre wear and fuel usage to ensure pitting, now the top 8 of us out of 14 starters were within 1 second of each other. I didn't pull of my usual qually and started 7th, race starts. Clean fast first lap for all. I get up to 3rd. It's a 30 lap race strategy and racing will win, out of 14?how many got to lap 5? Why did people buy this game? SMS save us serious guys by please please please locking them into the lobby if they quit, if half had stuck around it would have been great fun. I never saw Vettel quit just cos he didn't win the world championship. If you keep going you get better, quitters never win......

3 finishers! 3 out of 14 it's pathetic!

Shinzah
13-09-2015, 23:10
I see you're new to public lobby racing.

You're lucky 3 finished a 30 lap race.

ONT
13-09-2015, 23:23
Without some form of "race license" with a rank and impact from behavior: wrecking, quitting, speeding in pit area etc, etc, etc

There will be no good multiplayer, there is no incentive to behave.

12-cylinder
13-09-2015, 23:39
Who's gonna run a 30 lap race with guys they don't know in a public server.. It's just not what the majority of any playerbase buys a game for. Most people just want some casual fun, especially on the consoles. Project Cars is not different in that respect.

Goods_1973
13-09-2015, 23:49
So why join the lobby for 15 practice and 30 min qually....
Next dumb comment please... Join the queue.

Shinzah
14-09-2015, 00:04
So why join the lobby for 15 practice and 30 min qually....
Next dumb comment please... Join the queue.

To answer that question, one must first find the perspective behind why people do anything one doesn't find agreeable in the first place.

There's a complex reason of course, but the simple explanation is because they decided to, and then decided to leave. You don't have control over that factor and indeed, would it be implemented would actually reduce the playerbase.

321Respawn
14-09-2015, 00:09
Yes quitters are annoying .Tonight I was in a 10 lap full damage race and qualified 4th out of 20 .
Race starts and it's all good through the first long right hander get down to the second turn and it all goes to hell .I get smashed off the road and end up with suspension damage .
I was pissed but decided to carry on as anything can happen in 10 laps.
Make it back to the pits and the car stops and I wait a while for damage to get fixed only to realize 30 odd seconds have passed and nothing is happening .
Then I realize the pit thing is still open doh! Close it and they make repairs .70 seconds have now gone by and I am really pissed off now .
Get back on track and put down the foot . By the end of the race there are only 9 left out of 20 and I managed to get up into 4th with my one lap fresher tires .
That is why long races are better and it's always worth staying out in those races .
Same can't be said of 5 lap races though because there simply is not enough time to make up the ground .

Vennt
14-09-2015, 00:31
Not every person who quits mid-race does so because of sour grapes.

Some have a 6 year old daughter who suddenly demands and needs attention, some get a call from work with an issue that needs dealing with "10 minutes ago", some might join a practice and qualifying to learn more of the tracks by following others around the track and find on lap 3 of the race their set-up is woefully unsuitable for racing and bow out in respect of the other racers rather than be a moving dangerzone.

None of the above should be punished for not playing the game the way you'd like them to play, and if you do, you'll lose them altogether.

If you want the full racing experience, find friends, join or create a league or even just a sub-community of racers whose wishes align with yours.

I think if you wnt to try to go down the route of forcing others to play the way you want them to play, on public servers, you are going to be woefully disappointed.

hkraft300
14-09-2015, 01:12
I'd recommend you throw a friend request to the other 2 lads who finished the race with you, OP. It's how you meet more like-minded players. Eventually you have enough guys online whenever you jump on, and they know you host a tight exciting race. So they'll jump in for a battle or 3.

I've racked up so many podiums starting at the back behind much faster guys and having people wreck/ quit on me.
"To finish first, first you must finish."

Gravit8
14-09-2015, 01:42
Tonight on XB-1 I put on a 30 lap gt3 at silverstone, no damage on to not deter the weaker guys, x3 tyre wear and fuel usage to ensure pitting, now the top 8 of us out of 14 starters were within 1 second of each other. I didn't pull of my usual qually and started 7th, race starts. Clean fast first lap for all. I get up to 3rd. It's a 30 lap race strategy and racing will win, out of 14?how many got to lap 5? Why did people buy this game? SMS save us serious guys by please please please locking them into the lobby if they quit, if half had stuck around it would have been great fun. I never saw Vettel quit just cos he didn't win the world championship. If you keep going you get better, quitters never win......

3 finishers! 3 out of 14 it's pathetic!

30 laps way too long if you want to catch some online lobby action. Pits are dumb. Don't always
Work proper. Combination of pits plus extra tire wear, plus 30 laps? most will write your room off as just a couple homers doing their own thing. Hard to take serious or already be prepared for for a "random room"
Better off keeping it simple, your lucky to get any hits as it is.

Goods_1973
14-09-2015, 10:29
3 finishers were in my party.