PDA

View Full Version : Hey mods. (Trolls are at it again)

Gravit8
14-09-2015, 02:05

Reputation is being abused....yet again.

If anyone I know stops through here. Toss a couple likes my way please. Maybe Some likes will deter whoever these joyless chaps are.
I'd appreciate the offset to this nonsense. Thanks.

Pink_650S
14-09-2015, 02:35
Haha, had the same in this very thread about Hamilton.
Some die-hard fan without hobbies that must be ;)

Gravit8
14-09-2015, 02:43
Haha, had the same in this very thread about Hamilton.
Some die-hard fan without hobbies that must be ;)

99% of losers/minions approve of anonymous feedback. Foe
R sure

Might be bobby lion. Heck. Could be staff for all I know. Plenty of trolls with time and rep to burn I'm sure.
They never told me who it was last time. Only that it was handled.

SUBGTRACER
14-09-2015, 02:50
I would like use much harsher words to describe these muppets :)

AdM1
14-09-2015, 02:54
You mention time to burn, then why do you care? It's stupid rep points on a forum which no one except you can even see. I hadn't even checked my rep points until you posted this thread and I decided to check.

I can understand your annoyance but at least it wasn't abuse. I've had neg rep (maybe I will for this post too) but just laugh it off.

Gravit8
14-09-2015, 03:00
You mention time to burn, then why do you care? It's stupid rep points on a forum which no one except you can even see. I hadn't even checked my rep points until you posted this thread and I decided to check.

I can understand your annoyance but at least it wasn't abuse. I've had neg rep (maybe I will for this post too) but just laugh it off.

Your like would have been more valuable to me than your opinion. All fine and dandy til they come banging at your door.
Anonymously. Which is a dumb way for a forum rep tool to work. Unless it's a staff tool. Which is worse. Seems like a staff tool. Makes no sense and serves no positive purpose. Just a tool to abuse or regulate members.

This isn't my first rodeo with abuse of forum tools. Trying to bring up how they are abused and wondering aloud why it's allowed to work like that. Doesn't benefit anyone accept a troll.
More about bringing attention to a bunk policy that shouldn't be able to be abused.

Umer Ahmad
14-09-2015, 03:07
no one cares much about rep points around here. heck as long as you're not directly insulting another person, their family, SMS or the mods pretty much anything goes

Gravit8
14-09-2015, 03:15
no one cares much about rep points around here. heck as long as you're not directly insulting another person, their family, SMS or the mods pretty much anything goes

Sometimes timing outs the commenter. That and only 32 users online right now.
This also does not at all seem in line with the policy's I see enacted here regularly either. But staff abuse people most often.........so.........meh

ChrisK
14-09-2015, 04:20
Wtf is a reputation system...Never even knew that existed.

You're asking for likes ? R u serious ? Does anyone actually pay attention to this.

AdM1
14-09-2015, 04:25
I wonder what Ian Bells rep is lol! Or some of the mods/devs for that matter.

ChrisK
14-09-2015, 04:39
How do o downgrade Ian's rep. He's a goner man. lol

Shinzah
14-09-2015, 04:41
R sure

That's funny, 99% of advocates for anonymity tend to claim a myriad of reasons for their support of it. Main topic of contention being increasing lack of security in a connected and shared digital storage world.

Actually, most advocates of anonymity also tend to be people in positions of security, security advocacy, protection of individual rights, or law enforcement. It's the fringe outliers who tend to attempt to use anonymity as an abusive weapon. There's quite a substantial bit of evidence supporting this.

Might be bobby lion. Heck. Could be staff for all I know. Plenty of trolls with time and rep to burn I'm sure.

Why would staff "abuse" a nearly meaningless tool in some conspiracy to take away your internet points on a videogames forum when they could just delete the points without you ever knowing? But then, how does four red marks without greivous insult or provocation constitute "abuse"..? Perhaps someone just didn't like what you had to say on the internet.

I'm sure whatever arbitrary number of points you lost is made up for with the six likes you received below that. What reason does this thread exist, if not for the purpose of being inflammatory? Surely you could have levied this directly to a moderator, who would have said, most likely, exactly what Umer did say. As he is a moderator who surely can be contacted directly.

Don't worry though, your ebux will not suffer much in the ebank since einflation is quite high and there is nothing to spend them on. In fact, rumour has it that Project Cars Forum Points have surpassed the Dogecoin in value.

AdM1
14-09-2015, 04:56
How do o downgrade Ian's rep. He's a goner man. lol

Haha yeah right, downgrade his rep and you'll be a goner more like ;).

bobbylion
14-09-2015, 07:26
R sure

I have loads from people like you, i get over it by the fact this is a forum, who cares?? So long as in real life away from here you get good rep from friends and family, who really cares what idiots on her think? They don't know you, unless your one of these people who spreads their life around the internet, if so i'd worry more about that...ask copperysinger5....

bobbylion
14-09-2015, 07:28
As an aside, if we can't leave neg feedback then whats the point in that option?

ChrisK
14-09-2015, 07:59
Haha yeah right, downgrade his rep and you'll be a goner more like ;).

Do you know who I am man...I'm important you know. Just ask me.

Ian knows that too...he won't even come in this thread cos he's frightened of how much me downgrading his reputation would mean be to his status.

Liquid7394
14-09-2015, 11:51
Get over it.

hkraft300
14-09-2015, 12:28
wow
You're crying again about bad rep points?
You couldn't have kept this a private message to mods?

Jescott71
14-09-2015, 12:35
I realise this is slightly off topic but it seems a convenient place to ask. What do the Infractions mean? Like I understand why you get them but what's with the 1/0 (0) type thing, what do the three numbers all mean? Is that how recently it was received, how severe the infraction was?

Sankyo
14-09-2015, 12:46
1/0 would be warning/infraction, i.e. yellow card/red card (or the other way around). Not sure about the number between brackets, could be the infractions that are still active.

Bealdor
14-09-2015, 12:57
The number in brackets is the amount of "infraction points". A warning is worth 0 points and an infraction is worth 1 point.

rams1de
14-09-2015, 12:59
How many points for a ban?

Umer Ahmad
14-09-2015, 13:17
How many points for a ban?

TILT

Mahjik
14-09-2015, 13:24
If anyone I know stops through here. Toss a couple likes my way please. Maybe Some likes will deter whoever these joyless chaps are.

It's the same person who was banned before for doing it. Apparently, he just wants to keep coming back to torment you. The best way to deal with it is to ignore it. Otherwise, you keep feeding him a reason to continue to create new accounts and return.

Sasquatch
14-09-2015, 13:27
How unfortunate, OP.

Invincible
14-09-2015, 13:53
I wonder what Ian Bells rep is lol! Or some of the mods/devs for that matter.

Click on community - members and then sort by reputation

chig88
14-09-2015, 15:13

Using that method I am only on page 13.

Therefore I must ask you all, please.......please like every one of my posts ferociously. My feeling of self-worth depends entirely on my reputation points in an internet forum. If you could spare a like to save my life I would owe you all.

***tongue firmly in cheek*** :D

mpadula
14-09-2015, 16:14
Getting butthurt over "online rep" only ends well for the troll.

Gravit8
14-09-2015, 20:16
It's the same person who was banned before for doing it. Apparently, he just wants to keep coming back to torment you. The best way to deal with it is to ignore it. Otherwise, you keep feeding him a reason to continue to create new accounts and return.

So. Seems like a non anonymous format could discourage that, but I'm sure staff have a use for it. Makes no sense otherwise. Toodles. #TILTBAN

Gravit8
14-09-2015, 20:22
I have loads from people like you, i get over it by the fact this is a forum, who cares?? So long as in real life away from here you get good rep from friends and family, who really cares what idiots on her think? They don't know you, unless your one of these people who spreads their life around the internet, if so i'd worry more about that...ask copperysinger5....

You say friends and family,? gasp. And to think I am making all this head way on kindness of actual strangers who run into my posts. Not my co worker in the next stall over.
Makes sense why people treat it like a joke here. And circle the water like sharks in groups. These bored developers should be coding, not trolling.

Mahjik
14-09-2015, 21:25
So. Seems like a non anonymous format could discourage that, but I'm sure staff have a use for it. Makes no sense otherwise. Toodles. #TILTBAN

It wouldn't stop this individual. The person isn't on here for fame, glory or to make friends. Each time he re-joins, there are never any posts from the accounts, just negative reps so it wouldn't really make a difference.

However, I'm not against public reputation comments.

Gravit8
14-09-2015, 22:21
It wouldn't stop this individual. The person isn't on here for fame, glory or to make friends. Each time he re-joins, there are never any posts from the accounts, just negative reps so it wouldn't really make a difference.

However, I'm not against public reputation comments.

So. Your pretty much handing him an anonymous stick to stir the pot with. Wow. Wonder why he uses it? Because he can?
No words to describe how silly this seems. Compared to how easy it is to fix.
I bet you wonder why I would question integrity here? This (tool) Only serves purpose of abuse.
Can't even include your name if your trying to be nice.
This is a straight up lame policy that should be addressed, unless fairness not something you care about promoting.

ChrisK
14-09-2015, 22:24
So. Your pretty much handing him an anonymous stick to stir the pot with. Wow. Wonder why he uses it? Because he can?
No words to describe how silly this seems. Compared to how easy it is to fix.
I bet you wonder why I would question integrity here?

http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/2086205/32950833/0/1372858845/tissue_boxes_Boxes_Wholesale_DIY_Creative_PP_tissue_box.jpg

Mark Quigley
14-09-2015, 22:53
I would like use much harsher words to describe these muppets :)

Festering trouser bubbles is how I describe them, maybe too harsh :p

marcdxn
15-09-2015, 00:20
This thread sounds like Facebook.

I don't like it, down repping you for bringing it to my attention :topsy_turvy:

AdM1
15-09-2015, 00:25

That's not the same thing by the looks of it..

RobMUFC1987
15-09-2015, 01:15
Wow I didn't even know Rep existed lol also surprised to see my Rep is positive.

Either way, its stupid having Rep, it's just a popularity contest so don't make it public. Look at Codemasters Forums...

Gravit8
15-09-2015, 01:43
This thread sounds like Facebook.

I don't like it, down repping you for bringing it to my attention :topsy_turvy:

Fair enough. State your opinion like a man and put your name on it. Have we found an adult here? Respect. Even if it was a chump move. At least you put your name on it.

leithnow
15-09-2015, 03:01

Reputation is being abused....yet again.

If what you say is true, something should be done. However, how can we trust you? A look at your profile shows some issues with your reputation...doesnt exactly look like you're beyond reproach...but we can only reproach you if you've recently been proached before. So unless you remember a recent proaching, you have nothing to worry about.

TMoney
15-09-2015, 03:06
Fair enough. State your opinion like a man and put your name on it. Have we found an adult here? Respect. Even if it was a chump move. At least you put your name on it.

Never thought much about the rep system, but now that you bring it up.

De-repped for pity thread.

They even thanked me for it! :)

leithnow
15-09-2015, 03:11
Looks like you were just proached, Gravit8. Sorry man, you are now subject to reproach....it just kinda snow balls from here. This is not looking good for your rep 'round these parts.

Gravit8
15-09-2015, 03:15
Looks like you were just proached, Gravit8. Sorry man, you are now subject to reproach....it just kinda snow balls from here. This is not looking good for your rep 'round these parts.

It's a goner.
Like a
Luxury sled down the pie hole.
For the win.

Luckily it only means something to WMD members, SMS staff and wannabes.

Are the infraction police not far behind?

Whatever's. Good to know who can't let a grudge go.

I can mind my p's and q's and stay infraction less. Maybe there will be some legit convo about pcars in this forum someday.
News is kinda soft about it. Even ESL coverage was bland here. In its own little bubble.
Not much or many to do. Just so stale. Trolls are the only thing entertaining, or even happening anymore anyway.

Pcars staff might as well be entertaining somewhere. Even if it's not in front of the console. Yet.

No I'm not saying staff are trolls. Just that he trolls here have entertained me as much as the game so far.
The Internet dorks should keep their private troll button. It's ibviously what some people live for. And staff approved

hkraft300
15-09-2015, 04:01
No I'm not saying staff are trolls. Just that he trolls here have entertained me as much as the game so far.
The Internet dorks should keep their private troll button. It's ibviously what some people live for. And staff approved

You reach out to the staff for help against trolls (let's face it, you could've well deserved the neg points. Someone disagrees with you)... Who actually respond to you on two threads that really are just you being a snitch...
And this is the attitude you give in return?
Neg points from me too for being an a*hole and a snitch.

Gravit8
15-09-2015, 04:03
Never thought much about the rep system, but now that you bring it up.

De-repped for pity thread.

They even thanked me for it! :)

Another thumbs up for a public chump move. Gotta give credit where it's due. Stand behind your comments always people.
Even if your just trying to be a condescending something or other.

Gravit8
15-09-2015, 04:06
You reach out to the staff for help against trolls (let's face it, you could've well deserved the neg points. Someone disagrees with you)... Who actually respond to you on two threads that really are just you being a snitch...

Phew. Thanks for the setup. Wanna race me in it?

Gravit8
15-09-2015, 04:09

Speaking of snitches. Are these words acceptable? I'd like to return the favor to hkraft and call him a t__wa___
Just returning the favor. Super tw in fact. Two face tw to be exact. A* hole.
This place is so full of followers. It's sad b

And for the record. The first time something similar happened. Staff said they banned the user doing same thing...so.... Seemed appropriate to bring it up again when they came knocking. But once you wake one, they all start feeding along old alliances. Whatever.