PDA

View Full Version : Hotlap events, do you have mechanical failures and tyre wear on?

havocc
14-09-2015, 16:31
I'm asking this because i saw the hotlap at monza with formula A and the guy downshifts very hard to maximize engine brake especially at parabolica where he suddenly goes from 7th to 2nd and then 4th-5th, doing this should brake the engine in normal conditions...

RTA nOsKiLlS
14-09-2015, 18:30
I'm asking this because i saw the hotlap at monza with formula A and the guy downshifts very hard to maximize engine brake especially at parabolica where he suddenly goes from 7th to 2nd and then 4th-5th, doing this should brake the engine in normal conditions...

Hell to the No!

;)

ttb57
14-09-2015, 23:25
I have both on. Only use auto clutch coz I can't get a replacement pot for my pedals. Don't understand why times are even counted for those with damage disabled and tyre wear off.

havocc
15-09-2015, 00:23
I have both on. Only use auto clutch coz I can't get a replacement pot for my pedals. Don't understand why times are even counted for those with damage disabled and tyre wear off.

They should force tyre wear and damage like they do with fixed fuel

bigsilverhotdog
15-09-2015, 04:51
I thought tyre wear was forced on for TT... if its not, that's kind of silly to be honest, especially since fuel usage is turned off. I've done all my TTs with tyre wear 1x, damage on.

ttb57
15-09-2015, 06:37
It looks like you can't turn tyre wear off(didn't check, just answered the OP)lol....Damage can be turned off though.

bigsilverhotdog
15-09-2015, 07:43
Turning damage off shouldn't matter much on most TTs, I can't think of any track situations where damaging the car allows you to go faster. Most contact that would cause damage (even if damage is turned off) automatically invalidates the lap (and of course slows you down as well).

havocc
15-09-2015, 08:20
Turning damage off shouldn't matter much on most TTs, I can't think of any track situations where damaging the car allows you to go faster. Most contact that would cause damage (even if damage is turned off) automatically invalidates the lap (and of course slows you down as well).

I mean mechanical failures (engine, brakes etc...) not contact damage, it's pretty obvious that if you hit something the hotlap is lost...

Krus Control
03-10-2015, 20:53
Yeah tire wear has been forced on since patch 4.0. I will admit I throw an extra downshift in sometimes to maximize engine braking. Going to second entering parabolica in F1 though is just a bit too far I think. Would most certainly have destroyed the engine immediately. Now I'm thinking maybe they should force mechanical failures as well.

FACT0RY PIL0T
04-10-2015, 18:49

In normal real life the engine mapping does not allow you to shift to prevent engine damage, but this game is far from reality also like many others out there. Funny thing is this game would have another mil in sales if they cashed in on the F-A and made it more realistic along with the tires for it. Just my op

mich-gt-r35
19-12-2015, 20:15
hi .. we could have in the summary table for achieving the timed laps, the nationality of each of the pilot and the date of their times ?