PDA

View Full Version : Impact glitching

leithnow
14-09-2015, 16:37
So I have my setting set so the game runs smooth at 60 fps. And i don't get too much slow down or glitching or anything. Game has been pretty stable. Except when I hit a wall or someone hits me or I hit a bad kerb...that's when the game glitches and I feel like the game jumps forward a second. Anybody else have this problem.

Also the impact physics need some work...probably not the highest priority, but eventually it'd be cool to have a game where I can actually completely wreck my car by driving into a wall at 100 mph. Maybe you could even go so far as having driver injuries for the more extreme collisions. Fatalities would be too morbid and a game over would suck, but an injury for bad wreck that makes you skip a season or two to recover could add to the RP factor of the career.

Mahjik
14-09-2015, 18:24
So I have my setting set so the game runs smooth at 60 fps. And i don't get too much slow down or glitching or anything. Game has been pretty stable. Except when I hit a wall or someone hits me or I hit a bad kerb...that's when the game glitches and I feel like the game jumps forward a second. Anybody else have this problem.

If you have damage set to "Visual Only", does it still happen?

Also the impact physics need some work...probably not the highest priority, but eventually it'd be cool to have a game where I can actually completely wreck my car by driving into a wall at 100 mph. Maybe you could even go so far as having driver injuries for the more extreme collisions.

Yea, that's not going to happen. Many manufacturers have restrictions on how much damage is possible. No manufacturer wants to have their vehicle portray in a way in which a driver gets injured.

leithnow
15-09-2015, 00:22
Haven't tried it on visual only. I'll let you know after I test.

That makes sense on the second point, never crosses my mind that it would be the manufactors being what keeps us from having some real looking wrecks. Guess they want everyone to think their cars are built like tanks.

Mahjik
15-09-2015, 00:33
That makes sense on the second point, never crosses my mind that it would be the manufactors being what keeps us from having some real looking wrecks. Guess they want everyone to think their cars are built like tanks.

Hopefully things begin to loosen up in this area over time. If you search online for some older pCARS videos from during development, you'll see some cars with a lot more damage than what we have currently. The game engine is definitely capable of it. ;)

leithnow
15-09-2015, 01:01
Sad that's the case. On the one hand I get it, on the other hand, I'm like who the hell is going to not by a new Pagani because in a video game they saw one blow up? Is BMW really concerned that sales of their race cars are going to drop if people see one pancake in a video game, or that their reputation will suffer? Seems they are paranoid, but when you're asking them to license you their cars, I bet they make all sorts of demands..reasonable and otherwise. Bet they act like you're game is just a commercial for their car.

aerchak
15-09-2015, 01:03
Sad that's the case. On the one hand I get it, on the other hand, I'm like who the hell is going to not by a new Pagani because in a video game they saw one blow up? Is BMW really concerned that sales of their race cars are going to drop if people see one pancake in a video game, or that their reputation will suffer? Seems they are paranoid, but when you're asking them to license you their cars, I bet they make all sorts of demands..reasonable and otherwise.

Companies are weird about having their brands portrayed in certain ways. Hell, I've heard of automakers turning down licensing for movies because the cars would be running from the law. Companies are weird as hell about branding.

leithnow
15-09-2015, 01:14
I don't think they realize that they are getting paid to get free marketing. A video gamer might not go out and by a BMW race car, but if they like the handling of the BMWs in the game, they are more likely to want to by that make next time they are buying a car. Game makers shouldnt have to kiss their butts to get their cars, it should be the other way around. Works for product placement in movies. Shell doesn't care that their gas station blew up like an atom bomb when superman crashed through it, they were happy that their logo was in the movie. Why isn't it the same with video games?

aerchak
15-09-2015, 03:26
It's different with every brand, man. Licensing is some strange stuff sometimes. Like how we can't have custom liveries for the R18 e-tron. Why? Who the hell knows? For some reason Audi doesn't want us to.