PDA

View Full Version : RUF race cars

balderz002
14-09-2015, 19:15
Please excuse my ignorance.

Is the RUF GT3 a made up car, meant to play similar to a 911 GT3?

If so, could they not tale a BTR and turn it in to an olds cool GT2 spec racer that would play against the old Viper GTR?

Mahjik
14-09-2015, 19:25
Is the RUF GT3 a made up car, meant to play similar to a 911 GT3?

It's not a made up car per say. Ruf is listed as a vehicle manufacturer. However, they don't have cars competing in the GT3 category. The Ruf GT3 is what would be expected if they did build a GT3 car (and it was approved and signed off by Ruf). So it's not as simple as take something and turn it into something else..

TheReaper GT
14-09-2015, 19:27
And it's a eight cylinder car, not a flat six.

balderz002
14-09-2015, 19:38
Sorry, I shouldve been a bit clearer. I know the road car that the GT3 spec racer is based on, is real. I take it the race car is a bit or artistic license? Which is why I asked my second part of the original question........ If it is artistic license, what would stop the powers that be doing more RUF based race cars?

Umer Ahmad
14-09-2015, 19:42
Yes, it fits your definition. I think they are more interested in licensing real race cars at this time.

Mahjik
14-09-2015, 19:47
Sorry, I should e been a bot clearer. I know the road car that the GT3 spec racer is based on, is real. I take it the race car is a bit or artistic license? Which is why I asked my second part of the original question........ If it is artistic license, what would stop the powers that be doing more RUF based race cars?

It wasn't artistic license per se (i.e. they didn't do it without consent/approval). It was a discussion with Ruf to ask for approval, and then designs for the GT3 car were submitted to them during the process to approve of the design.

hkraft300
15-09-2015, 01:18
It wasn't artistic license per se (i.e. they didn't do it without consent/approval). It was a discussion with Ruf to ask for approval, and then designs for the GT3 car were submitted to them during the process to approve of the design.

I'm sure they were quite impressed :)
Favourite GT3 car of mine - that wild rear end!
I imagine the Ruf CTR3 SMS-R is close in looks and performance to what a modern day GT1 car would be. Like the Zonda R.

If only they'd bring back GT1... As ridiculously costly as it was for the manufacturers to develop and build GT1 cars, they were just so F*ing awesome