PDA

View Full Version : Choosable lobbies, A whole new way to get frustrated

OverHaased
14-09-2015, 22:52
With the lobby choices I was thrilled, however last night for the better part of 3 hours every time I went to pick a race with no preferences at all. (Left "ANY" in all categories) there was a grand total of 3 lobbies showing.

If I went into one of these lobbies regardless of what it showed in the menu they would be what ever car and track I just was on.

So I chose random quick pick, that landed me in a lobby with one other player, he had some wild idea of an event where he had 1 hour of practice, one hour of qualifying and a 5 lap race. I would have chatted with him and asked if he was medicated, but alas, no chat feature working as per the usual.

So I left, joined another quick random and found myself in a 16 player lobby at Monza racing LMP cars. I was over joyed. Of course this race turned into one of the strangest 15 minutes of my life with drivers running backwards and trying to take out the field and others sitting on the side of the track attempting their own version of the "Gauntlet"

Again no way to actually talk to anyone so after a handful of laps I left.

Sorry but this game just pushes too many of my buttons and gets me angry, and that is just not acceptable.

Here is how the game would pass muster for myself

Fix the damn chat function.

Ghost any car a lap down or more.

penalize intentional bad driving with at least the same vigor as we see for cutting corners.

for gods sake have some empathy for us poor buggars that have been suffering so.

HenTheKing
15-09-2015, 01:17
X100

rtazz17
15-09-2015, 03:02
Agreed,online sucks.I think more and more people are putting this game on the shelf now.Too aggrivating to play.

ONT
15-09-2015, 03:16
It's too bad to hear all this.

It was pointed out noumurus times during development from a nr of members that this EXACT scenario would occur.

For whatever reason, money, time, lack of experience in this field.....nothing was implemented.

A ranking system was discussed but never implemented.

In a perfect world a racing license system exactly like the one iRacing use would fix it :)

Until something can be done I propose an OPTION available for host of online racing lobby to run the race in "ghost" mode.

Far from a perfect solution, but better than the MAYHEM you are describing :)

wOoDsTeR16
15-09-2015, 04:55
Agreed,online sucks.I think more and more people are putting this game on the shelf now.Too aggrivating to play.

You know what buddy your right!.

Project cars for me and I am sure plenty of other people is the racing game I have been dreaming about long before you guys made it, each time the release got put back I was proper gutted but the reasoning made sense, it had its problems so with all the hype this game needed to be released perfect. Then it comes out, far from perfect but you guys we on it in a flash so we all stuck at it. Now 4 months down the line the attitude towards us has changed, I have seen people getting banned because they we're venting there frustration with the game, I even watched a friend of mine be accused of hacking the game so he could drive his car out of the garage himself when all he was doing was reporting a problem, a problem that was then proven to be a glitch and did he get a sorry and his account re instated?...nope and that is disgusting!. We have payed good money for this game and we are your crash test dummy's, we should be getting praised for playing and reporting problems within the game, not getting banned as soon as we vent our frustration and lets face it, we have good reasoning to be frustrated with the game, opinions are like arseholes, we all have them.

On line?. Open lobby's, private lobby's it makes no difference its pretty much unplayable. People lose connection, we can't talk to each other and these are things that even Milestone get right and they can't organize a pub crawl on a street with 20 pubs on it!. I have been in 3 leagues so far and all 3 of them have been scrapped because people have now given up on the game, league racing is what its all about for me but the only league invites I am getting now are for F6. This next patch has to make this game because if it don't I can see it breaking it, for god sake please get this next patch right

2pfspiff
15-09-2015, 05:31
I found that during the day time (Eastern standard around 11:00am) There are at least 10 lobbies going. At night around 01:00 there is only 2 to 5 lobbies. At least 2 of those you just sit and wait at the lobby screen waiting for the game to start. I have the PS4 version and that seems to be a lot better then the Xbox one version. At anytime on the PS4 there is at least 10 lobbies to chose from. I bought my TX wheel for the xbox one (Also for Forza 6) so I am hoping that they will get the online problem fixed by the next patch.

PFalcon
15-09-2015, 13:54
I am also on Eastern Standard time, and have experienced much the same. Usually the time I have to get on the XB1 and race is around 10pm-midnight local time. There are usually only a handful of servers available, and getting into a decent race is a challenge. I had the opportunity to try racing online yesterday during the late morning-early afternoon hours (played hooky from work) and what a difference! There were consistently 10+ servers to choose from, with several having 10-16 racers present. I had no problem getting into several quality races. Apparently there is not a large presence of USA based online racers for PCars...

OverHaased
15-09-2015, 14:17
Apparently there is not a large presence of USA based online racers for PCars...

Because in this land of 400 million people we lose our patience and get bored easily. We do not have the inclination to wait for a defective program to be bandaged and nursed back to what it was supposed to be in the first place.

What most players seem to wait for is the developers to produce something close to what the advertisers lied to us about in the first place.

Over here in the USA we are kind of used to being able to speak our mind without having some butt hurt moderator or worse yet forum/game owner to censor our displeasure expressed on a public forum.

We should be given some leniency in our rants and tirades. Censoring the people that speak out about the actual condition of a product sold to them is a poor form of administration.

I play this title first just about every time I fire up the console. I do so because it represents what I have wanted in a gaming Sim from way back in the xbox original launch. It shows some true brilliance and has made me a much better sim racer then before I purchased it. That said, the agony of failure, the infuriating nature of the bugs and the cavalier and arrogant approach of the titles principles leave me wanting to see retribution.

Alas we all lose, we never will realize what the we had been promised and laid down our hard earned funds for. The Principles will never achieve what they most assuredly deserved (World domination of racing sims for all platforms) and so it seems this will go down in history as a glimpse of what we should see in the near future.

Umer Ahmad
15-09-2015, 15:56
I found that during the day time (Eastern standard around 11:00am) There are at least 10 lobbies going. At night around 01:00 there is only 2 to 5 lobbies. At least 2 of those you just sit and wait at the lobby screen waiting for the game to start. I have the PS4 version and that seems to be a lot better then the Xbox one version. At anytime on the PS4 there is at least 10 lobbies to chose from. I bought my TX wheel for the xbox one (Also for Forza 6) so I am hoping that they will get the online problem fixed by the next patch.

I am also on Eastern Standard time, and have experienced much the same. Usually the time I have to get on the XB1 and race is around 10pm-midnight local time. There are usually only a handful of servers available, and getting into a decent race is a challenge. I had the opportunity to try racing online yesterday during the late morning-early afternoon hours (played hooky from work) and what a difference! There were consistently 10+ servers to choose from, with several having 10-16 racers present. I had no problem getting into several quality races. Apparently there is not a large presence of USA based online racers for PCars...

Yeah, it's a heavily european based player community right now. The PC experience i better than the consoles i think. Even deep in the Chicago night i can find always at least 5 lobbies. If i try during the chicago afternoon (euro evening) there's like 20 rooms going.

Maybe things will improve with indycar+ovals for my fellow Americans.

AdM1
15-09-2015, 16:03
There's not really many lobbies to choose from to begin with tbh. A lot of people have got fed up and moved on already.

Bobbydakid
15-09-2015, 16:15
I don't know why anyone expects clean racing in a public lobby, every racing game I've ever played has this problem. There will always be someone looking to cause crashes, league racing is the only way to have fun races online.

Umer Ahmad
15-09-2015, 16:18
I've had some decent public races. Definitely ran across my share of twats.

Waiting for SMS to introduce the host-kick, that should really help. I will make judicious use of that facility.

AdM1
15-09-2015, 16:29
Just like in the real world, you get twats on the track too. All part of the real sim experience.

Has the host kick been confirmed? Lets just hope it doesn't get abused if so.

AdM1
15-09-2015, 17:29
Well, I'm fixing to open a LMP2 class lobby. Track will be 24hrs of Le Mans. 30 min practice. 15 min qualify. 1 hr race (based off my slow lap times :) 15 laps). Feel free to join (clean racers only of course). Will be open with in next 33 mins from time of my post. Full damage, mechanical failure & such.

Gamertag - gangrel

Sorry I had to come off. Missus wants to sort dinner so couldn't stay of for race just wanted to set a qualifying time.. Check my tune on the set up database if you wanna keep up haha. I hope the punt up the bum wasn't intentional. ;)

RTA nOsKiLlS
15-09-2015, 17:38
I will make judicious use of that facility.

As will I. It would be nice if there were 2 options for the host. 1: Kick and ban for 24 hours. 2: Kick and ban permanently from joining the host who has banned them. Although option 1 will suffice. ;)

Did someone mention twats?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDjsd51Zoic&index=1&list=PLC6g4mDRZ4s-vFLrKgKuxnjS5qa6a99I_

LMR ShOwTiMe875
15-09-2015, 18:22
I've also had some problems with guys that like to ruin the races for everyone else and you can't get rid of them. That would be a a step in the right direction for the host to be able to ban them from that particular lobby. Besides that the lobby browser has been a night and day difference to the old multiplayer . Much much better :)

nissan4ever
15-09-2015, 19:21
Sorry I had to come off. Missus wants to sort dinner so couldn't stay of for race just wanted to set a qualifying time.. Check my tune on the set up database if you wanna keep up haha. I hope the punt up the bum wasn't intentional. ;)

I got my time down to 3:49:*** running against AI in race. No that tap wasn't intentional. LOL. I just really started running there in that car yesterday.

I'll be opening another lobby later on. Probably 3.5 hrs from now. Same track. 15 min qualify & 15 lap race.

AdM1
15-09-2015, 21:50
I got my time down to 3:49:*** running against AI in race. No that tap wasn't intentional. LOL. I just really started running there in that car yesterday.

I'll be opening another lobby later on. Probably 3.5 hrs from now. Same track. 15 min qualify & 15 lap race.

Not bad mate I hadn't ran that car there yet just lowered the aero on my base tune. I think I could of got it into 3.46 after a few more laps. The Marek LMP2 is a good car though.

I'll keep an eye out :).

nissan4ever
15-09-2015, 22:22
Not bad mate I hadn't ran that car there yet just lowered the aero on my base tune. I think I could of got it into 3.46 after a few more laps. The Marek LMP2 is a good car though.

I'll keep an eye out :).

Yeah, all I had done was lower Aero & adjusted tire pressure. Next up, is too tweak the suspension ever so slightly.

AdM1
15-09-2015, 22:39
Sweet hope you didn't mind me waiting up initially, gets boring on your own nice to be within some sort of range of another driver.

nissan4ever
16-09-2015, 05:50
I lowered my time. Further tweaks to car got it responding nicely. PB thus far, 3:48:109. That's right there with your 3:47:9** you ran during the race.

Side note. If you want pit stops to work correctly. When doing practice or qualify, edit pit strategy. Delete everything there (including default one).

Now click on the default one that's still there. Make sure it's set up the way you want. When you save it, it should automatically give its self the name of the car. Click back on default one (it will still be there, above the one you just saved). Delete it. Only one there now should be the one you saved. Tire changes should work. Does for me. When I pitted that last race before I had to leave. My tires where changed to new ones (you said yours weren't that race).

AdM1
16-09-2015, 12:18
Yeah I stupidly forgot, was going to set the pit strategy in the qualifying but forgot so had to adjust a GT3 wet pit strategy which must have been why it went wrong. I'm not usually in races long enough to pit since the flat tyre problem came about. Not sure why it didn't change the tyres though as I'm confident I set it to change them for softs.

I kept messing up that race first few laps I was getting times closer to 3.58 lol. Still need to try get that 3.46. I made some gear changes so I think I can do it, if I draft then it should be easy. Apologies op for taking the thread off topic a bit.

nissan4ever
16-09-2015, 13:08
I wasn't driving particularly well either. Making stupid mistakes. That's why you caught up to me.

I made changes to my brake pressure as well. I'm still fine tuning my braking points. Then I'll definitely hit 3:47:***.

AdM1
16-09-2015, 17:53
Not sure what you done with gears either but its best I found to turn the final ratio to top speed. 6th 2 clicks and 5th 1 click to the right. Saves hitting the limiter on straights and the Marek has plenty torque to pull it in the lower revs.

I'd post the ratios but cant see them right now.

nissan4ever
16-09-2015, 19:31
Nah, I'm happy with the ratio I got the car set at. I really like where I got it at. Feels great approaching turns & exiting. I'll be in later on, after wife goes to bed.

widcard
16-09-2015, 21:43
There's not really many lobbies to choose from to begin with tbh. A lot of people have got fed up and moved on already.

AdM1,,, as useable hater,... so why?? .. Yeah ,,You and many just don't get what's transpired in the last four month's ,,, that's a heavy lift...... these guys...heavy,, heavy.....lift \Please SMS give freedom... for Me to to call out Douche Bag for Sale,, Like A"and many like him,,,
thing's didn't go right in life ,,,

I understand many of us don't have thing's that go right,,, you have lot's of company with your negative attitude,,, thank god I'm not you

If I could walk up to you

These guys are doing their best at SMS ,,, and so far to this day and time,,, they are keeping to their word!!!

I'm sorry man' but 3.0 was and will always be Great!!!

At the end of the day it's a fabulous Sim for consoles ,,,We all have watched and waited for...3.0 for a long time.
\

If I get banned for my comment's,,,,,, Seriously AdM1,,, You are one dude I'd like to take a swing at...

nissan4ever
16-09-2015, 22:05
At the end of the day it's a fabulous Sim for consoles

Yes Project CARS is. I can't get enough of it. Definitely looking forward to Patch 4.0 & upcoming 3 DLC packs.

AdM1
16-09-2015, 22:26
AdM1,,, as useable hater,... so why?? .. Yeah ,,You and many just don't get what's transpired in the last four month's ,,, that's a heavy lift...... these guys...heavy,, heavy.....lift \Please SMS give freedom... for Me to to call out Douche Bag for Sale,, Like A"and many like him,,,
thing's didn't go right in life ,,,

I understand many of us don't have thing's that go right,,, you have lot's of company with your negative attitude,,, thank god I'm not you

If I could walk up to you

These guys are doing their best at SMS ,,, and so far to this day and time,,, they are keeping to their word!!!

I'm sorry man' but 3.0 was and will always be Great!!!

At the end of the day it's a fabulous Sim for consoles ,,,We all have watched and waited for...3.0 for a long time.
\

If I get banned for my comment's,,,,,, Seriously AdM1,,, You are one dude I'd like to take a swing at...

You sound like a prepubescent teenage boy, seriously?! Stfu.

widcard
16-09-2015, 23:03
Yes Project CARS is. I can't get enough of it. Definitely looking forward to Patch 4.0 & upcoming 3 DLC packs.

Thank god there' a voice... I don't feel alone with the realaltity 0f what 3.0 bought...

And to the rest of you Fu..ing... Asshat'ss .

You don't understrand and you will never understand what's taken place in people's life...to get us to 3.0

ahh.,,,,I hope I get Banned for speaking out again about some of you MF''ing assholes that come in have nothing///better to do but bang 0n key's.

r

AdM1
16-09-2015, 23:05
Thank god there' a voice... I don't feel alone with the realaltity 0f what 3.0 bought...

And to the rest of you Fu..ing... Asshat'ss .

You don't understrand and you will never understand what's taken place in people's life...to get us to 3.0

ahh.,,,,I hope I get Banned for speaking out again about some of you MF''ing assholes that come in have nothing///better to do but bang 0n key's.

r

Ironic, if you're going to post something that will get you banned why not do us a favour and just log off?

OverHaased
16-09-2015, 23:46
I received an infraction for saying the game was like a cute retarded child. That was my actual quote and I was told I would be banned if I did not communicate politely.

This individual states he wants to physically assault another member and uses very nasty language.

Pretty one sided around here.

widcard
17-09-2015, 01:22
I received an infraction for saying the game was like a cute retarded child. That was my actual quote and I was told I would be banned if I did not communicate politely.

This individual states he wants to physically assault another member and uses very nasty language.

Pretty one sided around here.

The world is a big place, you keep buring brigdes like these guy's , that's pot luck in my book. just when I'm finally feeling optimist about PCars I got some bone head moderater gives me infraction?

I got two words for you, belly up AND KEEP it if that's how short sighted you really are real??<<< woW sucks to be you,,, your type,,on the ne??

You already have some serious flameage coming across the net.

You really want someone like me coming at you with my financial means that I have???

AdM1
17-09-2015, 01:30
Oh dear. You have problems.

rtazz17
17-09-2015, 03:23
The world is a big place, you keep buring brigdes like these guy's , that's pot luck in my book. just when I'm finally feeling optimist about PCars I got some bone head moderater gives me infraction?

I got two words for you, belly up AND KEEP it if that's how short sighted you really are real??<<< woW sucks to be you,,, your type,,on the

You really want someone like me coming at you with my financial means that I have???

You seriously need to work on your vocabulary because its very limited and unreadable.I hope you are 13 years old because thats the age I see when I read your posts.Grow up and have an adult conversation.When someone doesnt have your same view or disagrees with you,do you always respond like a adolecent child?Threats?Nobody here gives a crap about your financial means. Man you should be embarrased by your posts.Seriously.Wow!

wOoDsTeR16
17-09-2015, 03:31
Oh dear. You have problems.

Your so polite, personally I would of said he is 99p short of a pound!.

OverHaased
17-09-2015, 06:13

I got two words for you, belly up AND KEEP it if that's how short sighted you really are real??<<< woW sucks to be you,,, your type,,on the ne??

Yes please, do come after me. You going to be using your bicycle or will your mommy be driving you?

Bealdor
17-09-2015, 06:22
Everybody back on topic please.

This guy has been dealt with.

OverHaased
17-09-2015, 13:39
8pm Pacific standard time last night, 2 lobbies,...2 for thirty minutes. I created my own, and had 10 people show up in seconds. over half of them get disconnected.

This disconnection thing seems to be happening much more often.

Is this a server issue?

AdM1
17-09-2015, 14:19
It is annoying setting a lobby then seeing about 20 people come and go and only a few stay. Had a great race last night though with the road cars on cadwell gp. I was in the caterham and another guy in a bac mono. Was great fun.

If you set it GT3 you usually get lots of players. Do a race and change it to road cars and everyone leave. Everyone so boring.

Umer Ahmad
17-09-2015, 14:29
"Everyone so boring"....i've reported this bug to the developers. Fixed in next patch4.0

AdM1
17-09-2015, 14:45
"Everyone so boring"....i've reported this bug to the developers. Fixed in next patch4.0

Yeah shame theres no incentive to get people playing anything but GT3 tbh.

Varied lobbies are the best.

What about the million other bugs, they fixed in 4.0 too? Lols.