PDA

View Full Version : GT5 Capri turning issues

Ribbito
16-09-2015, 02:16
I'm racing career mode. The GT5 series. Every time I turn right in the Capri it gets wicked loose. I can turn left just fine. I have no idea how to fix it.

Ixoye56
16-09-2015, 08:12
You must tune the car, the car is very loose with the default setup, try some setups here....
http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

nemo06
16-09-2015, 08:21
You must tune the car, the car is very loose with the default setup, try some setups here....
http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

? In my setup options in Xbox there are no these parameters. ?

Ixoye56
16-09-2015, 10:03
Go to your Garage, chose Ford Capri and create new setup and it should be there.

Casey Ringley
16-09-2015, 12:27
Welcome to the world of solid rear axles. :) The chassis has a different reaction when turning different directions with power applied. Turning left on power, the left front is unloaded - changing cross weight to tighten the car and add understeer. Turning right, the right rear is unloaded - having the opposite cross weight effect and adding oversteer. One thing you can do is add some asymmetry to your setup the counteract the situation. Things like slightly more right rear ride height or staggered spring rates can help to offset the static weight distribution and neutralize the car in both directions. It's a bit of a guess & check game how much of each thing to change as they are all interconnected.

Marrrfooo
16-09-2015, 14:02
Why did you have to make the physics so...real? :D

Spoilsports. :P

nemo06
16-09-2015, 15:17
Go to your Garage, chose Ford Capri and create new setup and it should be there.

I have those parameters in the summary, but can not be modified.

Schnizz58
16-09-2015, 15:21
I have those parameters in the summary, but can not be modified.
You can't edit in the summary view.

nemo06
16-09-2015, 15:36
You can't edit in the summary view.

So how do I change them?

Schnizz58
16-09-2015, 15:57
So how do I change them?
There should be a menu option called Edit Setup or something similar.

Spiny Anteater
16-09-2015, 17:13
So how do I change them?

I'm guessing you used the right shoulder button to go from the screen which allows you to change tyre pressures etc. and went through the force feedback settings to the summary screen.

It's easily overlooked in game, but from that Tyres and brakes screen, you need to use the left and right triggers to go through the various tuning screens. Spring rates and suspension heights are on the "suspension" screen (two taps right if memory serves) although you'll probably want to adjust other items too as you get more in depth.

Ribbito
17-09-2015, 01:04
Thank you for your helpful replies.

nemo06
17-09-2015, 07:03
I'm guessing you used the right shoulder button to go from the screen which allows you to change tyre pressures etc. and went through the force feedback settings to the summary screen.

It's easily overlooked in game, but from that Tyres and brakes screen, you need to use the left and right triggers to go through the various tuning screens. Spring rates and suspension heights are on the "suspension" screen (two taps right if memory serves) although you'll probably want to adjust other items too as you get more in depth.

Thanks, but I think I have already tried and the trigger brings me to FFB and summary.
In setup options, I have only change the tire pressures etc.

Edit: My buttons assignment is to default.

nemo06
17-09-2015, 17:24
Thanks, but I think I have already tried and the trigger brings me to FFB and summary.
In setup options, I have only change the tire pressures etc.

Edit: My buttons assignment is to default.

Sorry, I'm a moron, I understood how. :rolleyes: