PDA

View Full Version : Bugs and all, it still is better then F6

Pages : [1] 2

OverHaased
16-09-2015, 14:29
Loaded Forza 6

Opening day had me launch and play for a couple hours.

It looks better then Pcars and the online experience seems active and functioning without a glitch.

But geesh, Project Cars is a driving SIM. It feels right, it has a physicality to it that made me lust for a full motion simulator to run it on. It has the REAL DEAL in terms of feel. F6 is a toy, and plays like a toy, and at 56 years old, my toys need to be a bit more complex to hold my waning attention.

F6 will hold my focus for a while why I wade through the minutia and earn enough money to buy and build some fun cars, then get to know COTA on an intimate and very personal level. By then Patch 4.0 and maybe 5.0 will have launched and PCars can once again dominate my free time.

The glaring differences did make one thing obvious. I really feel that F6 will atract the crash and bash set away from the Pcars Lobbies post haste.

So let me know when PCars gets the last dozen or so game breaking bugs exterminated and I will place the F6 disc on top of its previous version gathering dust on the shelf and get back in here where it is real.

rtazz17
16-09-2015, 15:06
Well,two different games so not fair comparing but I completely disagree pc is better with bugs over forza 6.

I will say I dont think PCars is ever going to be bug free.I hope it does but theres a lot of things that need to be addressed.
One of my biggest is dedicated servers.I have my doughts this will ever happen.
I have watched the online lobbies having less and less users as the last few weeks has passed.I honestly believe people are just fed up and leaving this game to collect dust.I havent played for a week becuz Im worn out from wasting time trying to get into a online match.Takes a half hour to race once.Unacceptable.I thing SMS is really on borrowed time at this point with its fan base on the xbox anyways...Posting on this site is way down and its not becuz the game is working.Forza 6 is far superior IMO as of this date.

odemode
16-09-2015, 15:27
Racing against ghosts in league racing and corner cutting beyond belief without penalties!! Forza at this minute is miles behind pCars and thats without me even mentioning the realism.

Davie675
16-09-2015, 16:09
I am enjoying Forza 6 but you are right it is nowhere near the handling that pcars has, much less involved but still fun and looks stunning.

Archenemy300
16-09-2015, 17:09
I am enjoying Forza 6 but you are right it is nowhere near the handling that pcars has, much less involved but still fun and looks stunning.

Im not that impressed with forza 6. Most cars have very similar handling. Its become arcadey. Too much like forza horizon which i find shit. The cars look like toy cars and every race its very similar. Pretty much every race 2 cars shoot off ahead and the rest of the pack just bundle round together. Happened almost everytime. The handling reminds me of ridge racer. The weather is stupid. Puddles are enormous and they stay the same size the whole race. I have gone back to pcars after playing forza6 and its so much better. Forgot how good the sounds are in pcars. I personally prefer the graphics and look of pcars and the way the cars handle. More sim like. Keep those patches coming sms. Its almost there. Alfa romeo 155 touring car would be a nice dlc 😄

Ixoye56
16-09-2015, 19:09
Forza for me is about having fun with cars, building and drifting etc., PCars is about serious racing, I like both.

Pbucko
16-09-2015, 19:36
Both games cost the same, forza works straight away played some career, played online 24 players in lobby, game ran smooth no frame rate issues, no disconnections, no crash to dashboard, game chat seems to work. Project cars still loads of bugs, game chat broken and frame rate issues when more than 8 players. If project cars worked as intended it is the better racing game due to the handling of cars, but it doesn't work as intended after 4 months and I'm now starting to think that it never will be bug free.
If you took project cars handling system and weather system and put it on forza 6 tracks and microsofts DEDICATED SERVERS now that racing game would take some beating.

ashasha
16-09-2015, 22:38
I played the demo again last night...that makes about 4 times I've done it. It wasn't as bad as the first three times which were horrible and actually made me angry, but I started up PCARS and the level of immersion and excitement is just not even fair to compare to FM6.

Now I play with a wheel so the physics and tire model are going to be very important to me. A couple of reviewers said that FM6 is actually better on the gamepad which makes a lot of sense for a lot of reasons. Playing it I can see how that could be the case.

As far as all of the bugs and stuff that others experience I don't have them. Of course I only ever play in solo mode against AI because I just don't want to bother with trying to race with the unwashed masses. :) Truth is that I play these games for the driving experience...I don't want to have to earn mod packs to make a car competitive. I don't want to have to try to figure out what upgrades and tuning I need to make a car handle less like a pig on ice skates and more like a real car. I don't even want to deal with painting and crap. Just give me a car in helmet cam view with the FFB set and I am happy.

If you play the games because you love dorking with cars then FM6 has a hell of a lot to offer. It is a bit more polished, but I don't think that it even looks better....it looks cartoonish in some ways. It feels like I'm playing a game the entire time and what Archenemy300 said about the racing experience couldn't be truer....every race is two guys way out in front of a quagmire of rolling roadblocks.

I just think that if you like playing in chase cam view with a controller so that you can see your sick paint job that it's probably going to be a blast for you. If you like driving with a wheel it's not as good as PCARS IMHO.

AdM1
16-09-2015, 22:43
Just a few days before I can play FM6 and I'm really going to be torn between the 2 I think.

CPU M Rossi
16-09-2015, 23:11
I played the demo again last night...that makes about 4 times I've done it. It wasn't as bad as the first three times which were horrible and actually made me angry, but I started up PCARS and the level of immersion and excitement is just not even fair to compare to FM6.

Now I play with a wheel so the physics and tire model are going to be very important to me. A couple of reviewers said that FM6 is actually better on the gamepad which makes a lot of sense for a lot of reasons. Playing it I can see how that could be the case.

As far as all of the bugs and stuff that others experience I don't have them. Of course I only ever play in solo mode against AI because I just don't want to bother with trying to race with the unwashed masses. :) Truth is that I play these games for the driving experience...I don't want to have to earn mod packs to make a car competitive. I don't want to have to try to figure out what upgrades and tuning I need to make a car handle less like a pig on ice skates and more like a real car. I don't even want to deal with painting and crap. Just give me a car in helmet cam view with the FFB set and I am happy.

If you play the games because you love dorking with cars then FM6 has a hell of a lot to offer. It is a bit more polished, but I don't think that it even looks better....it looks cartoonish in some ways. It feels like I'm playing a game the entire time and what Archenemy300 said about the racing experience couldn't be truer....every race is two guys way out in front of a quagmire of rolling roadblocks.

I just think that if you like playing in chase cam view with a controller so that you can see your sick paint job that it's probably going to be a blast for you. If you like driving with a wheel it's not as good as PCARS IMHO.

I tried the demo and I disagree I prefer PCars tire model over Forza's I also prefer the general feel f PCars over Forza and I don't own a wheel.

TenthDan
17-09-2015, 00:34
Both games cost the same, forza works straight away played some career, played online 24 players in lobby, game ran smooth no frame rate issues, no disconnections, no crash to dashboard, game chat seems to work. Project cars still loads of bugs, game chat broken and frame rate issues when more than 8 players. If project cars worked as intended it is the better racing game due to the handling of cars, but it doesn't work as intended after 4 months and I'm now starting to think that it never will be bug free.
If you took project cars handling system and weather system and put it on forza 6 tracks and microsofts DEDICATED SERVERS now that racing game would take some beating.

One thing to remember is Turn 10 have had 10 years working with Microsoft's XBOX network infrastructure, with likely a heap of first party support (including Forza Horizon too). I would expect Forza to work flawlessly.

SMS had to figure it all out, then do it again with the move from 360 to XB1. Now while some of SMS's resources obviously have experience and expertise with it coming from the Shift games and appropriate hiring etc, they still had to evolve the network code and tech as the game and game engine developed.

pCARS will get there. Ian and the team are still working flat out to do so. Thankfully the game did well enough to allow this, and for a new IP it's a pretty good start considering the level it's competing on.

I hope everyone does hang around, or at least come back for when the experience smooths out more, the game is still evolving and improving all the time.

jsykes
17-09-2015, 16:12
For those that only played the FM6 demo, the physics are different in the real game. Not huge, but better for sure. If you hated the demo you probably dont want to drop the coin on the real game, but if you just kinda disliked the demo physics, you may like the real game.

However, I do think the physics are better in PCars and I like the adjustments you have for sensitivity on the controller that allows me to make it the way I like it for the way I drive. The deadzone settings have never been enough for me in FM and I have more trouble driving the cars (not serious enough with either game to warrant a wheel).

The AI is better in PCars as well imo. Its still too crashy and unpredictable in Forza.

But the game plays well, the graphics are good, they do hold a constant frame rate which I still have issues with in PCars and the variety of cars is great. I'll be really happy when Porsche come to that game.

Both are good and I can enjoy them both. However, right now, FM will get more of my time since it actually works. Maybe in a few months when more bugs are worked out of PCars I'll be back.

xsomnivmx
17-09-2015, 16:41
Just a stupid question, but i can't find the answer anywhere online.

In Forza6, can i just select something like the quick race weekend in Pcars? I know, no practice, quali, etc. But, select a car, select AI Cars (like.. i want everyone to use a GT3 car for example), select the track and say how many laps i want to race?
Because.. thats all i do in Pcars, after Carrier, Qualifying, and many other things a to broken for me at the moment. :(

Megalomanic87
17-09-2015, 16:53
I hope everyone does hang around, or at least come back for when the experience smooths out more, the game is still evolving and improving all the time.

Absolutely spot on.
If Battlefield 4 has stayed on my shelf since release, i'm sure Pcars can do the same for a wee while.
Project cars, when it works, is great fun but it's getting it to work that's the problem. It's been delayed several times, and now it's been 4 months since release so i can understand why people are getting fed up.

beetes_juice
17-09-2015, 17:04

In Forza6, can i just select something like the quick race weekend in Pcars? I know, no practice, quali, etc. But, select a car, select AI Cars (like.. i want everyone to use a GT3 car for example), select the track and say how many laps i want to race?
Because.. thats all i do in Pcars, after Carrier, Qualifying, and many other things a to broken for me at the moment. :(

99% sure your stuck to picking class when setting up the room/race which could include non-gt3 cars.

cvcpower
17-09-2015, 19:51
Yeah I'm sure Forza 6 will sell two-billion copies, but the game just isn't as hardcore as Project CARS and I think that's exactly what most people are looking for.

I'm also sure the lobbies will look like something out of Destruction Derby. Does anyone else remember how dope that game was? Imagine Destruction Derby multiplayer?!!

These ideas aren't free SMS, I expect royalties...

TAGS Battfink
17-09-2015, 20:08
I enjoy forza but like others have said its basically just messing around with cars.

A race consists of roughly 4 laps of you bashing your way through 22 bumper cars as quick as you can so you can use the last lap catching up to the last car, its not racing in the slightest.

Pcars consists of racing for as many laps as you choose, against very good ai, actually being able to spend time behind opponenets, picking the moment to try a pass, at changing times of day and weather. Pcars is about racing...

As i said i enjoy forza for what it is because its fun and nails the simcade Dorking around in cars but if your a fan of actually being involved in a race pcars ruins it

Sergi01978
17-09-2015, 20:08
Loved Destruction Derby on the original PS! I was only 16 when it was out, oh how time flies.
If there was a version on the next/now generation consoles, would the other racing games have the same amount of wreckers?

Sadly, I fear things wouldn't be much different.
I'd like to play DD online with today's tech though :)

Sergi01978
17-09-2015, 20:09
Loved Destruction Derby on the original PS! I was only 16 when it was out, oh how time flies.
If there was a version on the next/now generation consoles, would the other racing games have the same amount of wreckers?

"Your cars wrecked"

CPU M Rossi
17-09-2015, 22:11

"Your cars wrecked"

I would say yes there would still about as many people wrecking to ruin races, Forza 3 and 4 had tag and people still went about wrecking people to ruin races.
People who join races to wreck people probably wouldn't like Destruction Derby as that's the whole point and wouldn't get a reaction.
all tho speaking of Destruction Derby a reboot of the original Flatout game would be cool, it was a destruction derby racing game and you got boost by well crashing into stuff.

Lukeymonster
17-09-2015, 22:43
99% sure your stuck to picking class when setting up the room/race which could include non-gt3 cars.

That is correct. You still cannot tweak quick races properly. You're stuck with all sorts of different cars. Tried a gt3 race at Daytona and had Ariel atoms and other super cars in the mix. I was bummed because they've definitely upped the amount of great race cars and they look fantastic. Forza 6 still has a lot of little things that were in 5 that just make no sense to me. For example so far my career races are 2 laps. I can't stand that.

It's still very well put together and fun online with friends, but it certainly is the same old Forza formula. Same upgrade options, same tuning options, same livery editor and same crashy AI. Online without friends is exactly as you remember, rage enducing.

I'm glad I have both but Project Cars is still going to get the bulk of my racing time. It just has that soul.

Lukeymonster
18-09-2015, 02:58
Id also like to add another huge disappointment. Since you cant set up a custom free play race I decided to do the old private multiplayer race where you have far more control over the session. I set up a modern gt race at Daytona and BAM, they only allow 5 AI cars per real driver. So in a lone private session you can only race 5 ai even if you set it to 23.

the theory is that they did this to a curb achievement boosting. So basically there is no way to set up a fully custom private session in any of forza's game modes. All those gt, lmp and touring cars with no way to run a big race.

Ian Bell
18-09-2015, 04:10
Yeah I'm sure Forza 6 will sell two-billion copies, but the game just isn't as hardcore as Project CARS and I think that's exactly what most people are looking for.

I'm also sure the lobbies will look like something out of Destruction Derby. Does anyone else remember how dope that game was? Imagine Destruction Derby multiplayer?!!

These ideas aren't free SMS, I expect royalties...

Would a beer cover it?

Pcars Driver 44
18-09-2015, 05:33
Would a beer cover it?

Your way to generous :D Having the pleasure of Pcars is more than enough I would suspect ;) Well it is for me can't wait for patch 4.0 as this game is already top draw.

wraithsrike
18-09-2015, 08:10
That is correct. You still cannot tweak quick races properly. You're stuck with all sorts of different cars. Tried a gt3 race at Daytona and had Ariel atoms and other super cars in the mix. I was bummed because they've definitely upped the amount of great race cars and they look fantastic. Forza 6 still has a lot of little things that were in 5 that just make no sense to me. For example so far my career races are 2 laps. I can't stand that.

It's still very well put together and fun online with friends, but it certainly is the same old Forza formula. Same upgrade options, same tuning options, same livery editor and same crashy AI. Online without friends is exactly as you remember, rage enducing.

I'm glad I have both but Project Cars is still going to get the bulk of my racing time. It just has that soul.

There are no 2 lap races in Forza 6 career, you sure you've even got the game?

Psychomatrix
18-09-2015, 09:31
Lot of people talking here about a game they there not own or not really play. Or better about the demo. Only jumping on the train and repeat the same legends. In my eyes the game have great physics. If they 100% real ...for sure not. But to say it's arcade it's simply not true. When you turn all assits off and drive simulation steering the game is toal different. When you overdrive the tires than you drift, but when you find the point where the grip ends it's great to drive. That game is more like test driving and no motorracing sim with all rules like pcars. Take it as it is. But I see in the most cases you get here only likes when you write negative about the game. It's seems that a big part of the fair guys are gone.

KkDrummer
18-09-2015, 09:50
Lot of people talking here about a game they there not own or not really play. Or better about the demo. Only jumping on the train and repeat the same legends. In my eyes the game have great physics. If they 100% real ...for sure not. But to say it's arcade it's simply not true. When you turn all assits off and drive simulation steering the game is toal different. When you overdrive the tires than you drift, but when you find the point where the grip ends it's great to drive. That game is more like test driving and no motorracing sim with all rules like pcars. Take it as it is. But I see in the most cases you get here only likes when you write negative about the game. It's seems that a big part of the fair guys are gone.

maybe the 'fair guys' are playing Forza? I was between Destiny's new expansion and Forza 6...just got Destiny this morning cuz I have my racing sim needs well met by PCars!

wraithsrike
18-09-2015, 10:16
Guys there both cool games in there own right, but making up bull about one just to praise the other is childish, or slagging off certain aspects of a game when you've clearly not even played it is silly.

If you don't like Forza then cool play PCar's if you don't like PCars then play forza me I like both for different reasons, just wish PCar's would stop crashing and freezing.

Fert
18-09-2015, 11:00
Iv always been a forza fan until pcars opened my eyes. Iv been watching vids and talking with actual owners of the game and I'm not impressed. Yes it looks very pretty but Omg with no penalty system I can see and racers just cutting corner willy nilly what's the point in racing on forza. I thought the league system was a good idea but it garbage. It has zero penalties for bad driving and it's just basically hot lapping with other cars. May as well call league racing rivals 2.
Maybe the higher leagues will have collisions and penalties put I'm not buying that's for sure. pcars has it nailed and with every patch it just keeps getting better. Now please add some btcc and dtm please.

Archenemy300
18-09-2015, 11:53
Seriously regetting spending Ģ80 on forza 6 ��

D1rty Duck UK
18-09-2015, 12:04
Iv always been a forza fan until pcars opened my eyes. Iv been watching vids and talking with actual owners of the game and I'm not impressed. Yes it looks very pretty but Omg with no penalty system I can see and racers just cutting corner willy nilly what's the point in racing on forza. I thought the league system was a good idea but it garbage. It has zero penalties for bad driving and it's just basically hot lapping with other cars. May as well call league racing rivals 2.
Maybe the higher leagues will have collisions and penalties put I'm not buying that's for sure. pcars has it nailed and with every patch it just keeps getting better. Now please add some btcc and dtm please.

You haven't played it yet and your not impressed.

Why not try the game for yourself then have an opinion. Watching videos or talking to people about it will not give you a true opinion.

And in the higher class leagues the cars do not ghost at all. Just in the lower leagues (D class so far) the cars have been ghosts.

Why i agree with the others about the different handling i'm able to pick up Forza 6 and get into an online lobby within seconds with zero crashes, hidden objects in the middle of the track and constant fps drops and crashing.

I have limited time to race and i have wasted way too many hours pissing about with an unfinished product in Project Cars

xsomnivmx
18-09-2015, 12:45
Yes it looks very pretty but Omg with no penalty system I can see and racers just cutting corner willy nilly what's the point in racing on forza.

Well.. Forza seems to have simply added barriers that should help a bit, at least in most sections. The penalty in Pcars doesn't work at all. Last online race I did, some random bloke and I where racing in spa back to back and we both missed the chicane at the pit entry by a huge amount. i got a 10s powercut penalty, he got... nothing. This was so wrong on so many levels that he drove off, realised i got a penalty and waited for me so we could fight for the podium place in La Source.

Now please add some btcc and dtm please.

That is (besides some bugs) my only huge disappointment in Pcars. Having great DLC Cars.. but often only one car for this League. (Yes Yes, it's my fault. I can't expect things that are not there when i buy something, hoping that DLCs will add more cars that match existing ones etc... so no hard feelings agains the game. :) )

Dresden
18-09-2015, 12:50
Just picked up FM6 yesterday so I haven't gotten too far into it yet.

Still surprised that people praise the huge car list. I feel that it is just too similar to FM5 to really justify a full price purchase. Only the brand new cars make it seem different. And when I compared it to FM3 it just has so many missing vehicles in that E-C class bracket that it really makes me cry. And the forza vista is mostly cut and paste so that was disappointing also.

Overall I am enjoying the racing though. Great fun to just relive the hoon days when I was 18. I don't see the game as arcade, yet it is clearly behind Pcars.

Rain races are fun. I don't mind the huge puddles and just enjoy it for what it is. Hydroplaning is quite realistic when you have to catch the car, so thumbs up there. Night racing though, wow it feels so poorly done, it felt like some Namco racer from 20 years ago. I haven't done all night tracks yet so perhaps things might get better.

Really hope they patch in the option to pick the field of cars (and default or tuned opponents) in Free Play. That would make FM awesome. Very glad I can race 50 laps offline.

I do feel there is room for both FM and Pcars. I enjoy forza for a laugh but hit Pcars for my serious racing fix. And they say they can judge a racer by his facial expression. You should see mine when I am doing 30 laps across the top of Mt Panorama in Pcars. That is intense!

lapje
18-09-2015, 13:05

Why not try the game for yourself then have an opinion. Watching videos or talking to people about it will not give you a true opinion.

And in the higher class leagues the cars do not ghost at all. Just in the lower leagues (D class so far) the cars have been ghosts.

Why i agree with the others about the different handling i'm able to pick up Forza 6 and get into an online lobby within seconds with zero crashes, hidden objects in the middle of the track and constant fps drops and crashing.

I have limited time to race and i have wasted way too many hours pissing about with an unfinished product in Project Cars

Well.. Forza seems to have simply added barriers that should help a bit, at least in most sections. The penalty in Pcars doesn't work at all. Last online race I did, some random bloke and I where racing in spa back to back and we both missed the chicane at the pit entry by a huge amount. i got a 10s powercut penalty, he got... nothing. This was so wrong on so many levels that he drove off, realised i got a penalty and waited for me so we could fight for the podium place in La Source.

That is (besides some bugs) my only huge disappointment in Pcars. Having great DLC Cars.. but often only one car for this League. (Yes Yes, it's my fault. I can't expect things that are not there when i buy something, hoping that DLCs will add more cars that match existing ones etc... so no hard feelings agains the game. :) )

I do understand why people want to compare F6 with Pcars. Although both games have tracks and cars they are different. Pcars is for people who do like more serious racing. Looking only at the car settings you can change...you cannot compare to F6. F6 is for users who will start the game and start a race and enjoy. In Pcars you will do a free practice, qualifying and race. Like in the real world. Make changes in setup to win .10 of a second to gain one or more places in the ranking.

I like both F6 and Pcars in their own way. In F6 I know there will be users who will hit me sideways and from behind on purpose. Because I know... I don't care. The game runs butter smooth, looks brilliant and is fun to spent a lot of hours. For serious racing (and I am not a good driver at all) I switch to Pcars, because I know most of the users will not hit me and I try hard not to hit others (a big sorry if I do!!).

Regarding the remark about the penalty system in Pcars I do agree it is not always fair and you get penalized quite some time when it is not right.

xsomnivmx
18-09-2015, 13:10
In F6 I know there will be users who will hit me sideways and from behind on purpose.

Well.. That happend to me in 9 out of 10 PCars online races as well.. But. that's not a fault of the game. Besides this, i totally agree with you. F6 will be my "long day of work i just want to have car related fun for an our or two" game with a carrier, paintshop, etc., PCars my "It's a rainy weekend, my girl is busy and i've 4h to kill" game.
Both a different enough to have place for them on my HDD.

AsHeavenIsWide
18-09-2015, 13:15
Been playing Forza 6 all day, its a lot more polished than Pcars, Just depends if you can put up with the bugs, frame drops and crashes on Pcars.

Also day 1 on Forza 6 has gone a lot smoother than Pcars i can actually drive around corners.

Plato99
18-09-2015, 14:57
Everyone knew day 1 on Forza 6 would be smoother than day 1 on PCars. That was always going to be the case due to day 1, 2, 3, 4........30 on PCars being so shambolic.

No doubt my kids will get FM6 as they "just want to race" without all of the cr*p and fiddling that comes with PCars. They also like shiny things and will appreciate the huge car roster and the BTCC cars especially.

Me? I prefer to feel like I'm racing in a true event. I'm old enough, and patient enough to work through the "complications" of PCars and still get huge enjoyment out of it, knowing its going to be a much better racing experience at the end of the day.

These days I just cant get excited enough at the thought of plodding around the same old tracks in the same old city cars and exec saloons as I did in FM3. It's a stale franchise in desperate need of some excitement, and from what I've read on review sites, I'm still going to have to wait until at least FM7 for it to come close.

AdM1
18-09-2015, 15:26
Forza 6 is great fun, the demo left me worried but I'm so glad I bought it. Should keep me entertained while we wait for SMS to fix the game they released how long ago now?

My verdict is that while Project Cars is the better sim, Forza is hands down much more fun for me. I don't game to pretend something is real, I game to have fun and that's what Forza delivers without any frustrating bugs to get in the way.

beetes_juice
18-09-2015, 17:08

This made me laugh.

Ever try out patch 3.0? Don't want someone making comments without even trying it out yet. ;)

cvcpower
18-09-2015, 17:59
Would a beer cover it?

I expect a beer per copy sold.

By my sell-out forecast projections taking into account seasonality and market growth..... you owe me 11 beers.

Just Another Frog
18-09-2015, 17:59
One thing to remember is Turn 10 have had 10 years working with Microsoft's XBOX network infrastructure, with likely a heap of first party support (including Forza Horizon too). I would expect Forza to work flawlessly.

SMS had to figure it all out, then do it again with the move from 360 to XB1. Now while some of SMS's resources obviously have experience and expertise with it coming from the Shift games and appropriate hiring etc, they still had to evolve the network code and tech as the game and game engine developed.

With all due respect every single development team who made the transition from 360 to XB1 had to overcome the same hurdles stated above and from the games I have already purchased for this console not one single one of them comes close to having the same issues that PCars has.
The thing that most disappoints me is that, instead of holding up your hands and maybe offering a small apology to XB1 customers regarding the condition of their product, the only plan of action seems to be a catalogue of excuses as to why the game doesn't make the grade on our console. The above being the latest in an ever growing list of sympathy orientated statements.

It's funny but noticed a comment from a mod with words to the effect that lots of people were still enjoying this product. Lots? A game of this standing, released in a window where no other racing game was planned shouldn't be commanding the attention of "lots" of people - it should be on the lips of thousands of people! I think that really emphasises the scale of things regarding the condition of the game. People genuinely get fed up of waiting and walk away and as a result PCars will be in serious danger of "lots" of people turning into just a few - before being consumed completely by present and future racing alternatives.

A sad day indeed - but also the irony of not addressing the problem from day one I guess...

beetes_juice
18-09-2015, 18:15
I'd say its safe to say that Turn 10/Microsoft had a little step up with the whole 360 to XB1 jump.

Benja190782
18-09-2015, 19:00
"Bugs and all it still is better than FM6"

Waaay better! There is NO racing game on the consoles, that can deliver such an immersive racing experience today! No one but Project CARS!

rtazz17
19-09-2015, 01:08
"Bugs and all it still is better than FM6"

Waaay better! There is NO racing game on the consoles, that can deliver such an immersive racing experience today! No one but Project CARS!

You for got to add " in my opinion".....I couldnt disagree more at your statement as the game stands now and for last 4.5 months.

Nicho Lucas Dad
19-09-2015, 02:19
" In my opinion" lol,

By the time you get bored with a game like Forza, In P/cars you are still learning and improving and the competition is getting tougher. As long as you are still interested in a car racing game the challenge will always be there.
I purchased an Xboxone for Forza 5, Forza 5 started to collect dust 1 hour after purchase.

2pfspiff
19-09-2015, 05:23
FM6 is a good game if you want to race with a gamepad, but I bought a $400 racing wheel and can't stand FM6 with it (had I known that it would be this bad I would have bought the T300 for the PS4, not the TX for the X1). There just isn't any feel as to what the car is doing. Pcars FFB physics is far superior to what FM6 has to offer. You can tell that FM6 was designed for the gamepad crowd over the FFB wheel crowd (Simcade) as to were Pcars was designed for the FFB wheel crowd over the gamepad crowd (Simulation). I will still play FM6 because I like the choice of cars that are available to you, but Pcars will be the one I turn to when I want to play a true racing simulator.

I just hope that in the next patch the majority of the online bugs are fixed and people come back to it.

wOoDsTeR16
19-09-2015, 05:34
I just hope that in the next patch the majority of the online bugs are fixed and people come back to it.

Your right buddy, I agree with everything you said. I only got F6 yesterday and I am not feeling it with the wheel, I have not tried it with a pad or even plan to, I paid a lot of money for my wheel set up and the wife would shoot me if she see me with a pad in my hand lol. But F6 is a welcome break from PC, I'm not interested in ranking, I'm not interested in 5 laps on this track and then 5 on another, I am a league racer. I have been in 3 leagues now and all have been scrapped because of all the on line issues, 4.0 needs to deliver in a big way because most of the lads I race with have put PC away in anger. Your last line is what worries me, a lot of the people I raced with I don't think will come back to it but I hope I am wrong.

2pfspiff
19-09-2015, 05:41
Lot of people talking here about a game they there not own or not really play. Or better about the demo. Only jumping on the train and repeat the same legends. In my eyes the game have great physics. If they 100% real ...for sure not. But to say it's arcade it's simply not true. When you turn all assists off and drive simulation steering the game is totally different. When you overdrive the tires than you drift, but when you find the point where the grip ends it's great to drive. That game is more like test driving and no motor racing sim with all rules like pcars. Take it as it is. But I see in the most cases you get here only likes when you write negative about the game. It's seems that a big part of the fair guys are gone.

I will disagree with the physics. I race with simulation wheel and all aids off except ABS and i personally don't feel what the car is doing with the TX FFB wheel. By the time I feel the car sliding on the wheel, I am already spinning out. More then likely it is my driving, but with the wheel it feels like I am driving on ice. I agree that the game is fun with a gamepad (I'm usually 1 to 3 seconds faster with a gamepad over the wheel), but to me it is enraging with a wheel. FM6 has a long way to go to get the FFB physics right.

2pfspiff
19-09-2015, 05:52
Your right buddy, I agree with everything you said. I only got F6 yesterday and I am not feeling it with the wheel, I have not tried it with a pad or even plan to, I paid a lot of money for my wheel set up and the wife would shoot me if she see me with a pad in my hand lol.

I have a small little knook in my basement so my wife only comes down if she is doing laundry (Yes I know PS4 main screen. I have Pcars for both).218472
I am trying to get the hang of FM6 with the wheel, but it gets to the point that I get frustrated every time and switch to the gamepad.

I have been in 3 leagues now and all have been scrapped because of all the on line issues, 4.0 needs to deliver in a big way because most of the lads I race with have put PC away in anger. Your last line is what worries me, a lot of the people I raced with I don't think will come back to it but I hope I am wrong.

If SMS is paying attention and fixes the major issue's with the online play, then I think people will return as long as the Pcars community that is left gets the word out. If not then the ones that are left will have to form new leagues. It is what it is. It would be on SMS best interest to get Pcars 1 right, otherwise no one will buy Pcars 2.

Benja190782
19-09-2015, 06:12
I will disagree with the physics. I race with simulation wheel and all aids off except ABS and i personally don't feel what the car is doing with the TX FFB wheel. By the time I feel the car sliding on the wheel, I am already spinning out. More then likely it is my driving, but with the wheel it feels like I am driving on ice. I agree that the game is fun with a gamepad (I'm usually 1 to 3 seconds faster with a gamepad over the wheel), but to me it is enraging with a wheel. FM6 has a long way to go to get the FFB physics right.

Do you race with Simulation Steering ON or Normal Steering ON in FM6??
Because the TX wheel becomes a little better on Normal Steering, as you can actually catch a slide and not just see it snap on you...

Then again - it will never be as good as PCARS when it comes to FFB no matter what..

2pfspiff
19-09-2015, 07:01
Do you race with Simulation Steering ON or Normal Steering ON in FM6??
Because the TX wheel becomes a little better on Normal Steering, as you can actually catch a slide and not just see it snap on you...

Then again - it will never be as good as PCARS when it comes to FFB no matter what..

I was running with normal steering, but I found that I am better with simulation steering. I know that most of the issue is my driving, but if I could feel what the car was doing instead of getting the feed back when I am past the point of no return then it would definitely be a better experience with the wheel. It also seems that when using the brake pedal in FM 6 I hit the ABS controller as soon as I get past my deadzone setting of 5%. I am feathering the brake and it seems like they lock up instantly.

Benja190782
19-09-2015, 07:10
^^
Deadzone's!? You need to turn both steering, throttle and brake down to 0% I have no trouble with brake's locking up - but maybe that's because I race with NO ABS (makes no sence) and got the T3PA-PRO pedals with progressive brake mod. Idk..

Anyway, it helped me a lot with 0% deadzone's all the way. ;)

wOoDsTeR16
19-09-2015, 07:18
^^
Deadzone's!? You need to turn both steering, throttle and brake down to 0% I have no trouble with brake's locking up - but maybe that's because I race with NO ABS (makes no sence) and got the T3PA-PRO pedals with progressive brake mod. Idk..

I have the same set up m8, gotta give them deadzone's a try because the breaking is frikkin pants!!

2pfspiff
19-09-2015, 07:23
^^

I have the brake and throttle at 5% and 95%. Steering is at 0% and 100%. I'll try o% and 100% on brake and throttle with ABS off and see what happens. I definitely think the progressive mod helps out. My understanding it gives you more feel as to were the brake pedal is at. T3PA pro pedal are the next purchase for me . Probably next month.

wOoDsTeR16
19-09-2015, 07:32
T3PA pro pedal are the next purchase for me . Probably next month.

Worth every penny buddy

2pfspiff
19-09-2015, 07:46
Worth every penny buddy

Rub it in why don't you. :glee:

wraithsrike
19-09-2015, 16:18
Forza = Car Fans

PCar's = Race Fans

Forza & PCar's = Petrol heads

PPPMAT
19-09-2015, 19:56
Forza = Car Fans

PCar's = Race Fans

Forza & PCar's = Petrol heads

I must be a petrolhead then!

AdM1
19-09-2015, 20:00
I'm a petrol head, seems about right :).

wraithsrike
19-09-2015, 20:18
I must be a petrolhead then!

You and me both :-)

Hellrider13
19-09-2015, 22:00
I think project cars has great sounds but the messing about with the wheel settings totally spoils the game. I'm 43 and I like my toys to actually work. Maybe some people have a boring life and can sit for 5 hours altering cambers and scoop knee and love tweaking every setting but most people realise even the best simply rig and set up is still just a toy. I think most people just want to play the game coz that's what it is A Game. Forza works straight out the box no issues.
I've given up playing project cars with the wheel it's too much hassle. They should have easy settings and then the option to tweak for all the guys who have the time and patience to play with set ups if they want. It's too much of a sim for most people I like the game but until it caters for the masses it won't hold onto people's imagination for long.

Poulka
19-09-2015, 23:20
Well I have read this thread. I am a petrol head as I will get Forza later on. But here is my take PCars gives me things that I have never been able to do in Forza. Someone said you cannot create a full grid in quick weekend in Forza which something I love to do PCars. I set my date, time, and weather and I have created some challenging exciting racing.

As for Forza I don't care to race, I just want to build, and paint classic muscle cars. I have grounded in that series in Forza 2, 3, and 4.

Dresden
20-09-2015, 00:15
Well I have read this thread. I am a petrol head as I will get Forza later on. But here is my take PCars gives me things that I have never been able to do in Forza. Someone said you cannot create a full grid in quick weekend in Forza which something I love to do PCars. I set my date, time, and weather and I have created some challenging exciting racing.

As for Forza I don't care to race, I just want to build, and paint classic muscle cars. I have grounded in that series in Forza 2, 3, and 4.

FM6 is much better than FM5 so it is certainly worth getting. It has heaps more tracks and a large number of variations than the last game. Racing is great fun in the 'pick up and play' fashion and the offline AI feels rock solid. Many things are boring carried over though, cars list, forza vista, upgrades, wheels, are a straight copy from years ago so that is disappointing. But all in all it is a fun purchase.

Offline free play lets you have full 24 car field with 50 lap maximum races so it is really cool. Unfortunately it is very limited the opponents you can race against and cannot just set up a muscle car, gt or aussie v8 race so that will hopefully be patched soon.

Online private race is limited to 5 AI per server, so if you use a single friend with you it is still only a 10 AI race. Very disappointing.

wearymick
20-09-2015, 01:54
PCars has done more than enough to ensure that I will come back, particularly if they keep working on improving it on the platform. The handling model in FM6 is borderline incoherent for many cars and the force feedback feels like it is phoned in from a distant planet. The game may be expansive, engrossing, and well designed, but it doesn't come close to providing the immediacy or sense of car-driver connection I get in PCars.

2pfspiff
20-09-2015, 02:31
I will continue playing FM6, but I think I will be using the gamepad. I will save the wheel for Pcars and hope that they fix the FFB issue's with FM6. What are you called if you have FM6 and Pcars for Xbox one and Pcars for the PS4 as well as the TX wheel for the X1 and getting a T300 for PS4?

SpeedFreakDTM
20-09-2015, 03:51
What are you called if you have FM6 and Pcars for Xbox one and Pcars for the PS4 as well as the TX wheel for the X1 and getting a T300 for PS4?

Crazy I think the word is. :)

2pfspiff
20-09-2015, 04:14
Crazy I think the word is. :)

Were you talking to my wife?

wOoDsTeR16
20-09-2015, 04:16
I got F6 on Friday and gave it a good 15hrs of my time and it's 15hrs of my life I can't get back, I sold it yesterday. I got F6 so I could have a break from Pcars because the on line issues are doing my nut in but it was a waste of my time and money, yes it works and it runs smooth blah blah but man does it make you realize just how good Pcars really is.

2pfspiff
20-09-2015, 04:52
I got F6 on Friday and gave it a good 15hrs of my time and it's 15hrs of my life I can't get back, I sold it yesterday. I got F6 so I could have a break from Pcars because the on line issues are doing my nut in but it was a waste of my time and money, yes it works and it runs smooth blah blah but man does it make you realize just how good Pcars really is.

Like I said, if you use a gamepad it is not that bad. But I have an expensive toy that I want to use in every racing game I own.

wOoDsTeR16
20-09-2015, 06:17
Like I said, if you use a gamepad it is not that bad. But I have an expensive toy that I want to use in every racing game I own.

Same here pal, if my wife saw me using a controller after what I have spent on my set up she would rip my nuts off. Brave yes, stupid?....... Nah lol

Just Another Frog
20-09-2015, 13:00
After giving the game some serious time (73 hours - level 82) I think F6 is most definitely a huge step forward in racing games.

OK, so multiplayer is an absolute shambles at the minute (new racers with 'alternative' forms of on-track entertainment) and the league section, although a very good idea, is kind of lacking in content. I don't fully understand the idea behind only two hoppers with cars that don't particularly suit new racers but hopefully the situation will improve over time.

Tuning is as good as ever and the ability to turn standard street cars into performance racers remains as entertaining as ever. Leaderboards are a huge improvement with good sub-categories and a very useful stats info page for each track (removes the need to trawl thru each LB to see where you are in various categories)

Yes, the game doesn't have dynamic weather but the rain + night inclusions more than compensate for that and hopefully T10 will introduce more day/night/rain options for other tracks in future. Although I don't actually miss the random weather effects of PCars (issues with the game always made this a chore to play) I do miss the transition effect from day to night during endurance racing because it really does give a sense of progression thru the race.

Career mode is a bit bland (as always) but the showcase events are completely separate and offer a break from the generic structure of career. Just one question regarding all career modes. Whatever happened to the good old fashioned 20 tracks/10 points for a win/championship table approach to career? Call me 'ye olde' but that was far better than the offerings of todays racers. Just a thought.
Endurance racing (although limited as to car choice) makes a welcome return with some huge races on offer.

Car content is second to none and even though the tracks are considerably greater in number than F5 I'm not fantastically impressed with the line-up. Although completely new, Rio and the Americas track are tedious and fiddly (especially in multiplayer) and with the continuance of Indianapolis, Yas Marina, Sebring, Top Gear, Le Mans and the insanely dull Road America you start to feel a bit restricted as to actual tracks you want to race on a regular basis. Tie that in with the completely unplayable (in m/p) Nords and online options also start to become a bit limited - with "random" becoming an ever-popular choice in lobby voting.

But the game does work flawlessly and despite all it's quirks (the god Drivatars in career spring to mind) the game remains solid and hugely entertaining. At the minute the new racers are sorta killing multiplayer but when it all settles down and they move on (hurry up NFS) I don't think i'll be requiring PCars any more. It's all about pros and cons and whilst PCars remains technically gifted with some natty lighting effects that unfortunately doesn't make it a superior game. With the abrupt decline in it's lobby activity and a leaderboard system that is borderline pointless it doesn't offer the complete package that I personally thought it would be.

So, all things considered, I feel the OP is completely wrong and give F6 my vote...erm, in a couple of weeks when all the idiots have left.

Ixoye56
20-09-2015, 15:41
Forza is what it is, a more relaxing and fun arcade game than a serious racing simulator, I had trouble at first setting up my TX to function satisfactorily, I've got the best result with my TX at 420 DOR and the sensitivity at mode 3, but the FFB in F6 is a joke ... it is light years away from PCars.

rtazz17
20-09-2015, 15:42
After giving the game some serious time (73 hours - level 82) I think F6 is most definitely a huge step forward in racing games.

OK, so multiplayer is an absolute shambles at the minute (new racers with 'alternative' forms of on-track entertainment) and the league section, although a very good idea, is kind of lacking in content. I don't fully understand the idea behind only two hoppers with cars that don't particularly suit new racers but hopefully the situation will improve over time.

Tuning is as good as ever and the ability to turn standard street cars into performance racers remains as entertaining as ever. Leaderboards are a huge improvement with good sub-categories and a very useful stats info page for each track (removes the need to trawl thru each LB to see where you are in various categories)

Yes, the game doesn't have dynamic weather but the rain + night inclusions more than compensate for that and hopefully T10 will introduce more day/night/rain options for other tracks in future. Although I don't actually miss the random weather effects of PCars (issues with the game always made this a chore to play) I do miss the transition effect from day to night during endurance racing because it really does give a sense of progression thru the race.

Career mode is a bit bland (as always) but the showcase events are completely separate and offer a break from the generic structure of career. Just one question regarding all career modes. Whatever happened to the good old fashioned 20 tracks/10 points for a win/championship table approach to career? Call me 'ye olde' but that was far better than the offerings of todays racers. Just a thought.
Endurance racing (although limited as to car choice) makes a welcome return with some huge races on offer.

Car content is second to none and even though the tracks are considerably greater in number than F5 I'm not fantastically impressed with the line-up. Although completely new, Rio and the Americas track are tedious and fiddly (especially in multiplayer) and with the continuance of Indianapolis, Yas Marina, Sebring, Top Gear, Le Mans and the insanely dull Road America you start to feel a bit restricted as to actual tracks you want to race on a regular basis. Tie that in with the completely unplayable (in m/p) Nords and online options also start to become a bit limited - with "random" becoming an ever-popular choice in lobby voting.

But the game does work flawlessly and despite all it's quirks (the god Drivatars in career spring to mind) the game remains solid and hugely entertaining. At the minute the new racers are sorta killing multiplayer but when it all settles down and they move on (hurry up NFS) I don't think i'll be requiring PCars any more. It's all about pros and cons and whilst PCars remains technically gifted with some natty lighting effects that unfortunately doesn't make it a superior game. With the abrupt decline in it's lobby activity and a leaderboard system that is borderline pointless it doesn't offer the complete package that I personally thought it would be.

So, all things considered, I feel the OP is completely wrong and give F6 my vote...erm, in a couple of weeks when all the idiots have left.
I agree w all the above and after the end of the night w forza I dont feel aggrivated and have a splitting headache from going in circles trying to get this game to work.Forza will be the clear winner here if sms doesnt very quickly fix this game.The two games are very different but I wont waste what little free time I have on project cars.I check the forums to read about the latest patch and how its still screwed up and 4.0 looks like its going to be useless from reading about it.

rtazz17
20-09-2015, 15:43
Forza is what it is, a more relaxing and fun arcade game than a serious racing simulator, I had trouble at first setting up my TX to function satisfactorily, I've got the best result with my TX at 420 DOR and the sensitivity at mode 3, but the FFB in F6 is a joke ... it is light years away from PCars.

What good does the ffb do if the game is so broken? NONE

KkDrummer
20-09-2015, 19:56

The only I can add to this is that multiplayer has improving. They've been adding more hoppers, including leagues. I am enjoy Forza a lot more than I expected.

PPPMAT
20-09-2015, 22:05
Forza is great - I'm loving it personally. But the more I play it the more I realise how different fm and pcars are. Sure there is some cross over but the feel of each is so fundamentally different to easily warrant both. Forza is pick up and play. I was banging out races in between baking cakes with my two daughters (much to my wife's disgust) but you can just hop in and out like that.

pcars needs more time to get the best out of it but the experience is more rewarding as a result. People can be so tribal over this kind of thing when you really don't need to choose. Just get both and have an angry wife like me.

Grantpoole
21-09-2015, 00:43
so are the majority of people who are enjoying FM6 using a wheel or controller?

nhraracer
21-09-2015, 00:47
How many threads of this nature are going to be started? Why can't people just enjoy them both without hassle?

nhraracer
21-09-2015, 00:48

I use a wheel and enjoy it very much.

2pfspiff
21-09-2015, 01:28

DOR of 420 is set in the game, what is the TX wheel set at? I am trying to use the wheel with the game, but after an hour I wind up switching over to the controller. I enjoy the game with the controller, but hate it with the TX wheel. I just can't feel what the car is doing.

Just Another Frog
21-09-2015, 01:44
pcars needs more time to get the best out of it but the experience is more rewarding as a result. People can be so tribal over this kind of thing when you really don't need to choose. Just get both and have an angry wife like me.

Kind of agree with you but I don't think it's all about been tribal, it's more about wanting to get the very best out of a game - and being allowed to do so. I've given PCars almost 475 hours of time and the bulk of that has been spent in single player mode racing against AI opponents or hammering thru career mode. Not because I want to but because experience has taught me that anything else available in the game has a tendancy to stop working and trust me, even the most die hard of fan will eventually grow weary of suffering the indignity of the game crashing to dashboard or locking up completely at the most inopportune moment. So not exactly rewarding stuff.
It's highly commendable that SMS are doing their upmost to try and turn the game around but I think the monthly merry-go-round of broken/fix/patch is starting to wear a bit thin now and with no end seemingly in sight you have to wonder when 'flogging a dead horse' starts to enter the equation - if not already.

So in that respects I think (for me personally) FMS 6 has probably arrived at exactly the right time.

I was just wondering, if SMS could turn back time and do one thing completely differently, what would it be?

The only I can add to this is that multiplayer has improving. They've been adding more hoppers, including leagues. I am enjoy Forza a lot more than I expected.

Yes, you're right. The leagues have changed, class D has been added and racing was actually bordering on fun tonight.

AdM1
21-09-2015, 01:53
Kind of agree with you but I don't think it's all about been tribal, it's more about wanting to get the very best out of a game - and being allowed to do so. I've given PCars almost 475 hours of time and the bulk of that has been spent in single player mode racing against AI opponents or hammering thru career mode. Not because I want to but because experience has taught me that anything else available in the game has a tendancy to stop working and trust me, even the most die hard of fan will eventually grow weary of suffering the indignity of the game crashing to dashboard or locking up completely at the most inopportune moment.
It's highly commendable that SMS are doing their upmost to try and turn the game around but I think the monthly merry-go-round of broken/fix/patch is starting to wear a bit thin now and with no end seemingly in sight you have to wonder when 'flogging a dead horse' starts to enter the equation - if not already.

So in that respects I think (for me personally) FMS 6 has probably arrived at exactly the right time.

I was just wondering, if SMS could turn back time and do one thing completely differently, what would it be?

Yes, you're right. The leagues have changed, class D has been added and racing was actually bordering on fun tonight.

Honestly? I think it would be best to lower their goals if they done it again. They've clearly overworked themselves trying to cram all this in, maybe T10 stick to basics because they know that's what will work? SMS seem out their depth and it's either because they are trying to achieve the unachievable or they're simply just not up to the job.

I Swissie I
21-09-2015, 03:33
I'm between a rock and a hard place as neither is really satisfactory to me. Forza just isn't the type of experience I'm looking for anymore. For arcadey fun I much prefer something that goes all the way like FH2. On the other hand PCars gives me the gameplay experience I want but it is an absolute technical mess.

I got back to playing after a couple of months away. First I get the G40 Oulton Park crash to dashboard. Then I find a workaround, do some free practice to get back up to speed, but then as soon as I go back to career and get in a practice session with a bunch of other cars I get wildly variable frame rate and it feels like I'm driving through a time warp.

When PCars works, it's great, but that's a cop-out. The state of this game just shouldn't be acceptable. It's bad enough I had to go through this garbage with MCC, but to have to deal with this crap with yet another game that I really, really want to be a success is just immensely frustrating. Maybe AC will scratch the racing itch next year. But no more buying any of these bloody games until I know they actually work.

Webcruise
21-09-2015, 09:06
Loaded Forza 6

Opening day had me launch and play for a couple hours.

It looks better then Pcars and the online experience seems active and functioning without a glitch.

But geesh, Project Cars is a driving SIM. It feels right, it has a physicality to it that made me lust for a full motion simulator to run it on. It has the REAL DEAL in terms of feel. F6 is a toy, and plays like a toy, and at 56 years old, my toys need to be a bit more complex to hold my waning attention.

F6 will hold my focus for a while why I wade through the minutia and earn enough money to buy and build some fun cars, then get to know COTA on an intimate and very personal level. By then Patch 4.0 and maybe 5.0 will have launched and PCars can once again dominate my free time.

The glaring differences did make one thing obvious. I really feel that F6 will atract the crash and bash set away from the Pcars Lobbies post haste.

So let me know when PCars gets the last dozen or so game breaking bugs exterminated and I will place the F6 disc on top of its previous version gathering dust on the shelf and get back in here where it is real.

I have played Forza 6 (Fanatec wheel base V2) and with the right setting (pretty easy to adjust) it is a great SIM-Racer. The response of track (curbes, several track surfaces, puddles, etc.) but also with other responses like (shifting, gaining and loosing car wheight in curves and it just great when it comes to track elevations and depth of tracks). I also love the tuning of cars, which is so much fun and much easier since I understand what changes of motor, suspension, tires, and other millions of combinations plus tuning of these upgrades and trying not to exceed the class I want to drive. The paintings round of the picture.

This game after a few rounds just make me feel, that I am IN THE RACE, and make me sweat, especially when racing in rainy condition and having several cars in front of me, when the next puddle would appear :)

I am 44 and I frequently drive with friends sports cars in the Alps and have been driving several years at Nordschleife with different cars (M3/M5). The fastest cars I drive in Sims are up to DTM-Class maximum, but love most B and A class.

I think that the feedback of Forza depends on the hardware you use, and the sim-gaming experience with my gear is great. Cant tell about the other wheels. I kept P.Cars and will try again when all bugs have been solved.

Best regards
Alexander

xsomnivmx
21-09-2015, 09:13

90% Wheel, but controller works to if i'm lazy or playing splitscreen. :)

Ixoye56
21-09-2015, 10:01
DOR of 420 is set in the game, what is the TX wheel set at? I am trying to use the wheel with the game, but after an hour I wind up switching over to the controller. I enjoy the game with the controller, but hate it with the TX wheel. I just can't feel what the car is doing.

I have my TX at standard 900 DOR and Sensitivity mode at 3, in the game 420 DOR, but 540 DOR with Sensitivity Mode at 2 works to, it's a matter of taste, 420 and mode 3 make it easier to catch a slide for me. The FFB is crap so you can't feel what the car is doing at all.

Plato99
21-09-2015, 12:42
Kind of agree with you but I don't think it's all about been tribal, it's more about wanting to get the very best out of a game - and being allowed to do so. I've given PCars almost 475 hours of time and the bulk of that has been spent in single player mode racing against AI opponents or hammering thru career mode. Not because I want to but because experience has taught me that anything else available in the game has a tendancy to stop working and trust me, even the most die hard of fan will eventually grow weary of suffering the indignity of the game crashing to dashboard or locking up completely at the most inopportune moment. So not exactly rewarding stuff.

Hello Pinxton!
From Codnor!

PPPMAT
21-09-2015, 19:47
90% Wheel, but controller works to if i'm lazy or playing splitscreen. :)

I'm using a controller. Would love a wheel but just won't work with my setup. Works fine for me.

amazed
21-09-2015, 21:06
At least PCars loads even if you can't connect to net....

Try that with Forza, just endless loading screen!

2pfspiff
21-09-2015, 21:32
I have my TX at standard 900 DOR and Sensitivity mode at 3, in the game 420 DOR, but 540 DOR with Sensitivity Mode at 2 works to, it's a matter of taste, 420 and mode 3 make it easier to catch a slide for me. The FFB is crap so you can't feel what the car is doing at all.

I will have to try this and see how it feels. Thanks.

foxy2020
22-09-2015, 06:47
Forza really is very very good, FFB i think is good and the BTCC cars are worth the purchase price alone. Only real major issue i have is dividing my small gaming time with these 2 great games, plus FH2 which im yet to really get my teeth into its crazy.

But tonight i have some friends around few are too cool to be gamers, and one is a staunch PS4 fan. So firstly i'll show them Project Cars but strictly just single races on clear track just hot lapping with the TX wheel as that will blow them away.
Then probably put Forza 6 on to just show it off really, any race, any track any weather it will look awesome. With Project Cars i'll just be worrying "will it let me down" screen tear, awful looking night races with cartoon sky, crashes to dashboard, hence just a clear track with no weather changes.
Probably show them FH2 as well as thats cool if you want to chill and just mess about.
Thats just made me think, one thing i'm yet to do on project cars is 'mess about', its so intense, in a good way, its why i love it as it feels like 'proper' racing...but that is where a game like Forza 6 or Horizon fits in, you can just mess about in them for like hours, just 'playing'...thats what gaming is about right?

If they aren't impressed with either of those then i'll just stick on far cry 4 as thats epic looking!

GTR_07
22-09-2015, 07:13
Forza 6 is the best in the forza series so far imo adding more touring cars is great and really like the showcase events and physics are a step up from forza 5

The thing what annoys me with forza 6 is the race structure forcing you to finish 3rd or better to move on to the next event why ? It's silly why could they not have single player leagues like the multiplayer or Evan forza horizon 2 had leagues and a point scoring system.

But overall I think forza and Project cars complement each well. But I would give to edge to project cars especially since I have some nice controller settings dialed in.

Project cars Evan with its few bugs is incredible the amount of depth this simulation has is astounding for console just wish project cars had more touring cars (I have read that there is going to be a Renault dlc pack which includes the Renault Laguna btcc if true this alone makes project cars a win)

Another feature project cars has which imo should get much more credit is helmet cam such a good idea and creates much more immersion.

nemo06
22-09-2015, 07:41
Project Cars whole life, despite some of his issues.
Forza 6 was a big disappointment for me. The views from the car are very bad and not adjustable and where are the free practice and qualifying?
It is only a tedious arcade, I threw out 100 Euros.

wraithsrike
22-09-2015, 07:43
Forza 6 was a big disappointment for me. The views from the car are very bad and not adjustable and where are the free practice and qualifying?

Every race has a practice session in Forza 6

nemo06
22-09-2015, 07:54
Every race has a practice session in Forza 6

Also qualifying?

wraithsrike
22-09-2015, 08:57
Also qualifying?

No qualifications bud but certainly got practice's.

derekthetree
22-09-2015, 09:09
I had a good comparison between PCars and FM6 at the weekend.

Jumped straight from FM6 into a 1hr endurance multiplayer in PCars then straight back.
Driving was remarkably similar I felt (on controller), I didn't need to adjust my inputs on either switch. I think this is a massive big-up for PCars, considering where they were on release with controller inputs...

Graphics wise, I think PCars is more detailed but less pretty, if that makes sense. LeMans pit straight, in the rain on FM6 is jaw dropping.

Multiplayer lobby wise, its no contest, there has been lots of streamlining in FM6 and just having timed races, different grid orders, being able to watch started races... so much easier to use.
I've not tested lobby chat yet, all my races were in party chat.

I'm very impressed by the AI in FM6 career, its a challenge but beatable. Bit of a pain to fight through the pack each time though.
Mods are inspired, it gives you something different to think about in each race.

Overall, I'm torn. I've been doing some really fun 24hr accelerated to 1hr GT3 races, but only with two people. First go in FM6 I got a race of 8 people I know, and we jumped in and close quarters racing. The only thing that brings me back to PCars is the day/night transition, its lost to many people I race with I think to compete.

foxy2020
22-09-2015, 09:55

No disrespect but whose fault is that? Forza 6 is pretty much as the franchise has always been, not to mention the internet is a wash with what the game plays like in full detail, you could even go onto youtube and see pretty much everything the game can offer you BEFORE you spend your money...
One Turn 10 are is pretty clear on what you get with Forza 6, a petrolheads playground, they don't even sell it as a sim.

Difference is Project Cars which suggested it would cope with 35 plus AI, dynamic weather etc but all that does is create horrendous screen tear...

With Forza 6 if you purchased that game without checking first what it does, then its your fault.

To add if you own an xbox and you love cars, you should really have Forza in your collection same as if you own a PS you should have Gran Turismo.. its for car lovers, petrolheads, car culture etc etc..

Not everyone into cars is into 'motorsport', but anyone into cars can find something to love in forza or GT...its simple as that really..

Just Another Frog
22-09-2015, 10:52
Forza 6 is the best in the forza series so far imo adding more touring cars is great and really like the showcase events and physics are a step up from forza 5

The thing what annoys me with forza 6 is the race structure forcing you to finish 3rd or better to move on to the next event why ? It's silly why could they not have single player leagues like the multiplayer or Evan forza horizon 2 had leagues and a point scoring system.

But overall I think forza and Project cars complement each well. But I would give to edge to project cars especially since I have some nice controller settings dialed in.

Project cars Evan with its few bugs is incredible the amount of depth this simulation has is astounding for console just wish project cars had more touring cars (I have read that there is going to be a Renault dlc pack which includes the Renault Laguna btcc if true this alone makes project cars a win)

Another feature project cars has which imo should get much more credit is helmet cam such a good idea and creates much more immersion.

Absolutely agree over the career structure (proper leagues are far more interesting) but not quite sure if F6 is the best in the collection. Personally I think F4, in terms of quality and quantity, is probably the benchmark for all console racing/driving games and if it ever appears in the backwards compatibility program then I would consider it an essential purchase.

Although PCars' car content is varied I would liked to have seen a lot more additions that were closer the equivalent of Forza's classes C and D because, although not very fast, they make for incredibly fun close combat racing.
We had some great battles in the PCars Clios but ultimately it would have been nicer if we could have brought other cars of similar spec to the track - if only for a bit of variety.

creepy coupe
22-09-2015, 10:59
Anyone got a copy of FM6 for XB1 they want to flog cheap?

CE 300
22-09-2015, 13:21
I agree, Forza 4 was very good. But it had no rain and night races, was full of japanese family cars nobody wants to drive and had just a fantasy Nordschleife, which was different from the real one. Forza 6 is way better in terms of realism, the cars, the amount of tracks and when it comes to driving at a laser scanned Nordschleife. Many things are better in Forza 6, but still Forza 4 had its own wonderful aspects. Especially the super clean public private lobbies, the storefront, the auction house and car clubs were outstanding. I never understood why those features had to go... But when it comes to pure driving I have to say in the series there's nothing like Forza 6. It's an amazing game.

Plato99
22-09-2015, 18:18
They went because even Turn 10's Third Reich policing policy failed to control those that abused the system.

wraithsrike
22-09-2015, 18:30
As much as I love Forza as a racing game PCar's does win hands down imho. The physics in PCar's alone is far superior to forza's.

AdM1
22-09-2015, 21:34
Forza 6 really is amazing, love saving my tunes and them actually saving :).

It's best for drifting and mucking about for sure, I forgot how serious project cars made me. It's nice to chill out a bit from all the seriousness.

CE 300
22-09-2015, 23:12
They went because even Turn 10's Third Reich policing policy failed to control those that abused the system.

How did people abuse public private lobbies? How did they abuse car clubs?
You sound like you think it's the community's fault. Your thinking reminds me of some religious people: Why did God punish us? We must have done something wrong. We are full of sins. We are bad people and deserve punishment.

Haiden
23-09-2015, 15:04
Truth is that I play these games for the driving experience...I don't want to have to earn mod packs to make a car competitive. I don't want to have to try to figure out what upgrades and tuning I need to make a car handle less like a pig on ice skates and more like a real car. I don't even want to deal with painting and crap. Just give me a car in helmet cam view with the FFB set and I am happy.

I've been a fan of Forza since the first release, but after playing PCars for five months, I couldn't agree with you more. When I started up the FM6 demo, I was shocked at how much it still looked and felt like FM5. People talk about how great it looks, but it just looks like FM5 with a bigger garage (full of cars I don't care to drive, btw) and static weather effects with puddles the size of lagoons. I'm sure the hydroplane effect feels great, but most races would never take place if the track was covered with pools of water that big. Again, more arcade than sim.

I have a new cockpit coming next month, which I'm gonna set up for my PS4. I'll mount the TX wheel and pedals to the wheel stand I'm currently using, and maybe...just maybe...I'll pick up a used version of FM6. But, honestly, I'm already looking forward to FM7, and hoping they actually revamp the game for next-gen consoles. Not sure that will happen, though. I think Turn10 is afraid to do a complete overhaul.

Rockefelluh
23-09-2015, 15:08
I've been a fan of Forza since the first release, but after playing PCars for five months, I couldn't agree with you more. When I started up the FM6 demo, I was shocked at how much it still looked and felt like FM5. People talk about how great it looks, but it just looks like FM5 with a bigger garage (full of cars I don't care to drive, btw) and static weather effects with puddles the size of lagoons. I'm sure the hydroplane effect feels great, but most races would never take place if the track was covered with pools of water that big. Again, more arcade than sim.

I have a new cockpit coming next month, which I'm gonna set up for my PS4. I'll mount the TX wheel and pedals to the wheel stand I'm currently using, and maybe...just maybe...I'll pick up a used version of FM6. But, honestly, I'm already looking forward to FM7, and hoping they actually revamp the game for next-gen consoles. Not sure that will happen, though. I think Turn10 is afraid to do a complete overhaul.

Honestly, they don't need to do an overhaul. The amount of people who want a more sim like experience is so small. They will keep getting cash by doing the same thing and just adding content.

Keith Talent
23-09-2015, 16:04
SO the interesting thing is, and regardless of how angry I am about this games (many) faults, I and most of the FM community were waaaaayyyyy angrier about FM5, that neutred puppy of a tech demo we were induced to pay full price for. You can go back and read the Forza forum and the palpable seething rage that creeps in the farther you get from launch is remarkable.

I vowed at the time to give launch FM6 a pass due the shoddy junk I was induced to buy earlier with FM5, and thus far have maintained my resolve. The dull ass demo didn't add any pressure to that conviction. Maybe a used copy one day.

Chimildo
23-09-2015, 17:41
never played F6 but had 3. 4. and 5 and I did like them but they nowhere near the league of PC, in what world does a datsun 510 beat a veyron down the mulsanne straight not just slightly but as if the vey was standing still. anyway there is so many more bug bares but I'll not rant. and when people complain of a poor car list, MOPO theres more than enough in PC, when playing forza I stuck to the same hand full(in 5 maybe 2) so I'm over't moon with PC, theres enough to keep me happy for a year or so

P.S. and the biggest thing that anoyed me about forza (maybe to most its a small thing) is when I learned that if you used a man w/clutch you were quicker. so why do these car manufacturers spend so much developing these billy bolxxks gearboxes. but that could have changed in 6

HenTheKing
23-09-2015, 17:45
So. Forza's actual driving sucks, but everything in it works.

PCars actual driving is amazing, but many, many, many, many things don't work.

Collaboration?!

Scouseknight
23-09-2015, 23:11
So. Forza's actual driving sucks, but everything in it works.

PCars actual driving is amazing, but many, many, many, many things don't work.

Collaboration?!

This sounds about fair. I am about to lash my Xbox out of the window after yet another instance of not being able to correct a slight wobble thanks to being nudged on Forza 6 - on Project Cars, a bit of opposite lock and sorted.

Playing with a wheel not a controller - I have a few friends enjoying Forza 6 (and to be fair, when nothing happens and I can drive around I am too) but the controller guys are having more fun than the wheel guys - I think there is an issue with the wheel as an input device on Forza 6.

24 cars and super smooth though ... Forza 6 has this one down.

But racing .... no - even turning the aggressiveness down on the AI it's a nightmare trying to climb Eau Rouge from 12 position (no qualifying you see ....) - online with the ease of accessibility Forza 6 offers - Maldonado Simulator!

HenTheKing
23-09-2015, 23:48
I had quite a bit of success in a Megane, D class! Other than that, it's not much cop. It doesn't even look that great to me, cartoony IMO.

I'm not impressed. What boggled me was in the forums, I was searching for wheel settings (this was one of the few times I've yearned for PCars settings! Haha!) because it's just undrivable, low and behold, there are people on there who believe that this game isn't realistic. They were calling it arcade. Saying the cars in this had too much grip and the FFB in forza is somehow conveying a different type of feel that's more realistic?!?!

That's just not true but I want whatever they are smoking.

HenTheKing
23-09-2015, 23:52
Just gone into PCars to have a race, there are no multiplayer sessions at all. :-(

Rockefelluh
24-09-2015, 00:18
I'm not impressed. What boggled me was in the forums, I was searching for wheel settings (this was one of the few times I've yearned for PCars settings! Haha!) because it's just undrivable, low and behold, there are people on there who believe that this game isn't realistic. They were calling it arcade. Saying the cars in this had too much grip and the FFB in forza is somehow conveying a different type of feel that's more realistic?!?!

They should at the very least admit every car shouldn't have a grip limit at 30 degrees wheel rotationg.

TheReaper GT
24-09-2015, 00:22
Had one go on Forza's multiplayer today, managed from 13 to first due to the carnage in front of me. After some turns, v8 seeking missiles got me and I was so pissed I turned all off and gone for a walk.

Rockefelluh
24-09-2015, 05:10
Turned in my copy of FM6 and picked up F1 instead. Loving it so far. Nice little rotation between Pcars and F1.

Forza is just bad with wheel. Did 2 qualifying sessions in pcars and one was midday at spa, the other near sunset at spa. Just gorgeous and makes the track feel fresh.

wOoDsTeR16
24-09-2015, 05:16
Turned in my copy of FM6 and picked up F1 instead.

F1 has just had a update patch as well

Chimildo
24-09-2015, 06:10
Just gone into PCars to have a race, there are no multiplayer sessions at all. :-(

since update you have to change car class to ANY

HenTheKing
24-09-2015, 08:43
Yeah was thinking it might be the patch, I'll have another look tonight.

Ixoye56
24-09-2015, 09:11
This sounds about fair. I am about to lash my Xbox out of the window after yet another instance of not being able to correct a slight wobble thanks to being nudged on Forza 6 - on Project Cars, a bit of opposite lock and sorted.

Playing with a wheel not a controller - I have a few friends enjoying Forza 6 (and to be fair, when nothing happens and I can drive around I am too) but the controller guys are having more fun than the wheel guys - I think there is an issue with the wheel as an input device on Forza 6.

24 cars and super smooth though ... Forza 6 has this one down.

But racing .... no - even turning the aggressiveness down on the AI it's a nightmare trying to climb Eau Rouge from 12 position (no qualifying you see ....) - online with the ease of accessibility Forza 6 offers - Maldonado Simulator!

There is a sensitivity issue with the wheels in F6, if you have a TX you can set down sensitivity a notch or two to cure this problem, and use no more than 540 DOR.

Apoc112
24-09-2015, 09:35
There is a sensitivity issue with the wheels in F6, if you have a TX you can set down sensitivity a notch or two to cure this problem, and use no more than 540 DOR.

This made all the difference in the world to me, not only in terms of control but also the feeling of FFB. It's still not PCars level but a signifcant improvement. I'd appreciate it if they'd fix it in the software, but it's definitely a workaround that makes the wheel driving enjoyable.

My current TX wheel settings: 360 DOR (on wheel and in game), Sensitivity level 2, FFB set to 60 in game.

Seems like a lot of TX owners are unaware of the sensitivity setting... hold MODE and hit the right paddle and the mode light will flash green. In a nutshell, it's a speed-sensitive input thing. Slow, smooth inputs will react as if you're using a higher DOR and fast, twitchy reactions will act like a lower DOR. Example: At 360 DOR, Sensitivity 2, my normal turning inputs feel like 540 DOR, which feels right for most cars, but i can still easily catch oversteer or a slide from contact with a dab of oppo without it turning into a tank slapper. Sensitivity 3 feels more like 900 DOR with the same fast-twitch response.

Note: the sens setting, like the auto-clutch mode, gets reset when you power off the wheel.

Psychomatrix
24-09-2015, 09:38
I think both games are not realistic. I'm no real race driver. But there some famous Gt race driver in europe and us and there playing all IRacing. Not because they are paid for like renewal rast or Josef Newgarden. This racedrivers play this game because that's the one comes near to reality. If you tell them PCARS or Forza are Sims they feel sorry for you. That's all pr. Both games are great on its own way but none of them is a real sim. Both games have pro and cons and there is no better because they are different in the main concept. It's really bad style to come here and talk about other people from another forum. This people have no chance to defend their opinions.

Project cars simulated very well race weekends and it's a great game. But the physics are not perfect and I'm sure whe will see that in pcars 2. But to say it's the best sim ever it's a bit over the egde in my eyes. But I don't want blame here someone. Everybody have it's own interpretation what's sim. All what I want say is that some people think that pcars is more sim and some not. Who is right? I think both because a game must give you a feeling that your inside the action. Project cars do that very well and that's the big pro of this game. Other people prefer the physics of arsetto corsa and other forza. To say this one is better than ther this is useless. Whe should be glad that whe have great racinggames and not thinking which game is better.

HenTheKing
24-09-2015, 16:45

Yup, still sucks though.

rtazz17
24-09-2015, 16:58
I had quite a bit of success in a Megane, D class! Other than that, it's not much cop. It doesn't even look that great to me, cartoony IMO.

I have to agree.Project cars has almost every car before tuning on a rail...

rtazz17
24-09-2015, 17:00
Yup, still sucks though.

You are used to driving project cars on a rail.Forza 6 doesnt do that.You need to know how to drive,all assists off,braking,gas,shift points.Its awesome to drive with tx...To each their own

Oh and forza 6 has a multi player that you can actually play...

Haiden
24-09-2015, 17:33
Turned in my copy of FM6 and picked up F1 instead. Loving it so far. Nice little rotation between Pcars and F1.

Forza is just bad with wheel. Did 2 qualifying sessions in pcars and one was midday at spa, the other near sunset at spa. Just gorgeous and makes the track feel fresh.

Totally agree. I have F1 2015, and it's pretty easy to jump between that and PCars, only need 2-3 laps to adjust. I'm gonna give the FM6 demo another shot today, but I don't think it's going to change my mind.

TheReaper GT
24-09-2015, 17:41
You are used to driving project cars on a rail.Forza 6 doesnt do that.You need to know how to drive,all assists off,braking,gas,shift points.Its awesome to drive with tx...To each their own

That's bullshit and you know it. Race cars are made to be fast and as much on rails as possible. In forza all race cars feel pretty much the same. I'm enjoying forza but I'm not blind, the handling is a joke, just like it has been in forza 5. Te worst point in forza, and I can't say this enough, is the mixed grid. You try to do a free race in Daytona with the indy car and te grid is filled with LMP1 and F1 cars. You try to do a GTLM race at SPA and a Veyron eat you up on the straight. It kills the game for me, and as much as I am enjoying the A,B,C,D class races, I really enjoy GT cars and forza doesn't cut in that class.

Jezza819
24-09-2015, 17:42
This made all the difference in the world to me, not only in terms of control but also the feeling of FFB. It's still not PCars level but a signifcant improvement. I'd appreciate it if they'd fix it in the software, but it's definitely a workaround that makes the wheel driving enjoyable.

My current TX wheel settings: 360 DOR (on wheel and in game), Sensitivity level 2, FFB set to 60 in game.

Seems like a lot of TX owners are unaware of the sensitivity setting... hold MODE and hit the right paddle and the mode light will flash green. In a nutshell, it's a speed-sensitive input thing. Slow, smooth inputs will react as if you're using a higher DOR and fast, twitchy reactions will act like a lower DOR. Example: At 360 DOR, Sensitivity 2, my normal turning inputs feel like 540 DOR, which feels right for most cars, but i can still easily catch oversteer or a slide from contact with a dab of oppo without it turning into a tank slapper. Sensitivity 3 feels more like 900 DOR with the same fast-twitch response.

Note: the sens setting, like the auto-clutch mode, gets reset when you power off the wheel.

I've tried default sensitivity with 540 DOR, I've tried sensitivity 2 with 540 DOR, I've tried sensitivity 2 with 720 DOR, I've tried sensitivity 2 with 900 DOR and I can't tell any difference between them at all. My FFB has always been at 60 in game.

Everything is still very, very twitchy. It seems the effective steering range is very small on the wheel say between 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock. The middle is almost dead neutral and the further you move to either direction the wheel stiffens up immensely. There is a sharp falloff into the deadzone once you get to 10 & 2 but if you do get that far the car is just going to spin out anyway. It's just highly frustrating right now.

Last night I hooked Project Cars back up to see if 4.0 was live yet (it wasn't) so I played and man oh man what a pleasant experience it is to drive cars where you actually have a pretty good sense of where they are going.

HenTheKing
24-09-2015, 23:10

Oh come on mate, open your eyes, a gt3 Viper is not going to spin out at 30mph round a gradual apex, with my hands at 10&2 is it?
Have a look around the web, your in the minority, but as you say, each to their own.

Ixoye56
25-09-2015, 10:34
The handling in F6 is a joke for sure, but drifting is fun ;)

PPPMAT
25-09-2015, 11:04
I have been playing both extensively over the last week. On handling and racing, PCars kicks FM6's ass. The handling on FM6 is actually very difficult but that's because there is no grip...................at all. Still fun though.

KkDrummer
25-09-2015, 13:37
I've been playing Forza6 and having fun...now the handling in comparison to PCars is a joke...I gotta keep all aids ON to make sure the game is enjoyable. In Pcars I run assists on real or off.

Psychomatrix
25-09-2015, 14:08
There's definitely an issue when you turn into corners. But in most cases it's cureable with setup tweaks but ... in the showcase events you can't tune the cars. I have little hope that turn 10 will update the physics. It's a bit strange that turn 10 didn't see that issue .

PPPMAT
25-09-2015, 14:34
There's definitely an issue when you turn into corners. But in most cases it's cureable with setup tweaks but ... in the showcase events you can't tune the cars. I have little hope that turn 10 will update the physics. It's a bit strange that turn 10 didn't see that issue .

Too right there is an issue - although some of the motorsport cars are not that bad. It doesn't detract from my enjoyment for what it is though.

HenTheKing
25-09-2015, 15:04
It's a difficult position for me, I can either play with a controller and ignore my Ģ260 wheel, play with the wheel and end up with a turn 10 voodoo doll, or stick with PCars and the problems I've been patiently expecting to disappear.

��

Jezza819
25-09-2015, 15:53
It's a difficult position for me, I can either play with a controller and ignore my Ģ260 wheel, play with the wheel and end up with a turn 10 voodoo doll, or stick with PCars and the problems I've been patiently expecting to disappear.

��

I haven't played with a controller since 2012 and I'm not going to start now. If I can't figure out something with this Thrustmaster wheel then I'll just let the game gather dust until I get the rest of my Fanatec gear in November and give it another go then. I'm more than content to keep playing Project Cars until then. Last night I had a race at Monza in the Marek P1 car and eeked out a win by .050 sec. I'll gladly take that all day long.

Klondike68
25-09-2015, 18:12
Just posted a lengthy post over a Gran turismo planet.

Will repost here if anyone is interested.

I have both games.

I like them both, they suplement each other in a good way. Neather is perfect, but for people who love car games and have and Xbox 1 both games should be in the collection.

To sum up my view.

Project cars.

Physics are better than Forza 6.

Sound is way better.

Camera system is very good. its posibel to set field of view to a lot of diferent ways to suit your liking.

Tracks. There are a ton of tracks some very fun and more unknown tracks that has not been in other titles before as long as most of the big ones that we all love form all the other racing games.

Cars. There is not many compared with Gran turismo or Forza. But still a lot of cars more than enough if you ask me. But I am also the kind of person who prefer to drive the same car for a very long time until i get to know it.

From a simulation standpoint it is supirior to Forza 6.

If you love to do time trials and fine tune your car this is a very good game.

Tuning is good, but its not posibel to buy new parts and upgrade your cars like in Forza.

So many bugs exist in the game. Some have been patched out but there are still a ton of bugs. It will proberly never be free of bugs. The code it self seems to be a bowl of spaggetti mess. Might be the nature of the Xbox one that is hard to code on, since other games also have problems. Although P Cars is extremely bugged.

Also it has some poor menu design. Cant change controller settings or other settings while doing time trials or races, have to exit and go all the way back to options to change it. That combined with the game is somewhat hard to find the best controller input settings makes it very anoying, to a point where some people just dont want to hazzle with it anymore and just shelf the game.

I dont play much multiplayer. But word on the street is its a total mess more or less unplayable.

The Single player campaing. Is not that well designed eather. It lacks options. And there is not much feel of working towards a goal. Since the game is fully unlocked from the start. So you wont earn money or XP to have the feel of being able to buy better cars and part for them.

Achivements. If you like to 100 % a game with all achivements its more or less imposibel because some bugs with achivements and how the game tracks your progress.

The community forum. The developers have been very active with interacting with the customers, unfortunetly its lead by people who are unwilling to listen to any form of contructive critisism. If you post is negative the Forum moderators have some sort of weird arrogant humor, you will most likely be banned or get trolled by fan boys that is uncapable of having a mature discusion about the game and what could be done to further improve it.

Forza 6.

Physics are good but not as good as Project cars. It is still a sim game, but its just not as well done as Project cars.

Sounds are somewhat low. Not as bad as Gran Turismo, but seems worse than previous Forza titles and not as good as Project cars.

Camera system. Can be a real pain there are not many options to adjust field of view or seat hight. In car view in some cars, you can barely see the road because you sit to low or far back in the car. Hopefully turn 10 will fix this in a future patch.

Tracks. Has fewer tracks than Project Cars, but still have most of the big ones we all love.

Cars. There are a lot more than Project cars + the ability to buy parts and upgrade them with your own cusomized livery's . Its supirior to Project cars in this department

Single player is a lot more fun than Project cars. There is a natural progression and it feels like there is a goal to work towards when earning money and credits. It has some elements of a more arcadish feel compared to Project cars. There is a spin / lotto system for earning prizes, and also there are mods that can change game conditions. The more serious sim lover may not like it this way, but I think main stream customers will find it fun and entertaning. I like it a lot my self, and im normally more of a sim guy and mostly dislike arcade racers.

Tuning. You can both upgrade and buy new parts for your cars and tune them to all your liking.

Multiplayer. Its working its easy to get a lobby, and a quick race fix when ever you desire. The races are often filled with rammers and idiots who think its destruction derby though, but that is not the games fault, Its just the nature of more or less every online racing game out there.

It also has a few bugs. Some achivements are currently bugged, and there are isues with some cars that are over powered and drivertars are bugged too where it can sometimes be imposibel to win a single player race even on the easyest settings. Turn 10 has stated that they are looking into the isues, and they will be fixed in a future patch.

The community forum. Turn 10 is not that active on their own forum. They post rarely and keep the customers mostly in the unknow about further updating the game.

Verdict.

Project Cars. It is a very good game besides all the bugs. For people who truely love simulation car and racing games it is a must buy. For the average joe or main stream customer it may not be the best choice.

Forza 6. Its very fun and addictive I think it is more cattered for the average joe compared to Project cars. But still for people who loves racing games it should be a must buy.

So to sum it up. If you love racing games and have the Xbox one these two games are both must have as the suplement each other very well.

John Hargreaves
25-09-2015, 19:00
That's a very well thought out review and seems fair and even handed. If I'm honest I'm probably one of those fanboy types, but I reckon anyone who has both games and is willing to put that much effort into a post that tries hard to be objective is someone worth listening to. I don't have an XBOX but may get one in the future, and really it's hard to imagine anyone not owning both titles if you're a proper petrolhead. Nice one mate ;)

PPPMAT
25-09-2015, 19:07
Pretty much agree with that although I would say the handling and physics are a lot better in pcars.

Umer Ahmad
25-09-2015, 21:02
I would say the pcars forums are better than the forza forums ;)

TheReaper GT
25-09-2015, 21:17
I would say the pcars forums are better than the forza forums ;)

Amen to that...

PPPMAT
25-09-2015, 21:19
Amen to that...

It goes without saying......

Umer Ahmad
25-09-2015, 21:48
Of course i would Tali-ban any dissenters ;)

Ixoye56
26-09-2015, 01:37
I played F1 in career tonight, and it was the worst racing game experience I've ever had, it was awful, super sensitive and no grip at all, like driving on ice.

Rockefelluh
26-09-2015, 01:40
I played F1 in career tonight, and it was the worst racing game experience I've ever had, it was awful, super sensitive and no grip at all, like driving on ice.

Seriously? It's F1, of course it's sensitive. And there's tons of grip.

Ixoye56
26-09-2015, 01:45

Not in my version of F6, if F1 would be like in Forza, no one would survive an entire season.

Rockefelluh
26-09-2015, 02:07
Not in my version of F6, if F1 would be like in Forza, no one would survive an entire season.

Oh, thought you meant F1 2015.

Psychomatrix
26-09-2015, 11:25
Seriously I find the f1 car in fm6 not that bad. Ok steerings sensitivity is to high but all in all. the cars are extreme fast and have a lot of grip. But without wheel you have no chance been competitive. All guys in my friendlist are so much faster with the wheels. okay the f1 car is without tcs not really driveable. because the torque of the turbo is that strong that itīs extrem hard to hold the car on the track. but thats really the only car i need tcs. maybe after some testing i can manage this E23 without tcs.

Outlier
28-09-2015, 17:24
I have to agree with most posts here. ...except that FM6 is arcadish like the Horizon games. There is nothing arcadish about the physics at least. I guess the prize spins and mods are on the arcadish side but the game itself is otherwise not at all arcadish. That's not to say it's more realistic. As others have stated, the grip levels are too low so it's too easy to lock up and lose traction exiting corners.

But Turn 10s game is still very good. it just takes getting used to. The car list this time around is fantastic as is the new track list! The campaign so far has been fun and I hear that the new online league system is pretty good. (haven't tried it yet myself)

Certainly the grip levels and physics in PC is better. (especially with the controller settings options in PC) As are the Motorsports features in PC! You just get a much better Motor Sports career progression in Project Cars whereas Forza is more a of a car collectors feel. If it weren't for the bugs, I would not have purchased FM6 at all and would still be playing Project Cars.

...But I'm not done with Project Cars. I've temporarily gone back to Forza and keeping my eyes out for patches and updates to PC. I'm planning on going back to Project Cars in a few months and I've already paid for PC2! (gold WMD member)

Del Zotto x82x
28-09-2015, 19:19

hmmmm, do you normally race with assist on? just curious , I find the F1 game to be really fun and I never use assist

wraithsrike
28-09-2015, 21:59

Sorry but that just bull, I love Forza but the grip physics are a mile off and not just F1, all cars feel like there fitted with cheap budget part worns it really should be re titled forza motorslide.

Rockefelluh
28-09-2015, 22:20
Sorry but that just bull, I love Forza but the grip physics are a mile off and not just F1, all cars feel like there fitted with cheap budget part worns it really should be re titled forza motorslide.
A few posts later I said I thought he was talking about F1 2015, not FM6.

Ixoye56
29-09-2015, 00:08
hmmmm, do you normally race with assist on? just curious , I find the F1 game to be really fun and I never use assist

No I normally do not use the assistant but with the F1 car in F6 i was forced to use all the aids available to come in at third place

wraithsrike
29-09-2015, 05:58
A few posts later I said I thought he was talking about F1 2015, not FM6.

Apologies fella.

mike12572
03-10-2015, 11:46
PC is alot more fun than forza that's for sure!! As far as track time, track physics, and car (gt3) physics go...

AdM1
03-10-2015, 14:50
I've been hammering Forza lately and love it tbh. No frustrating bugs ruining the experience. The physics really aren't as bad as people make out.

Obviously you switch between the 2 and they feel very different but that's to be expected. Most of you are just used to Project Cars physics now.

rtazz17
03-10-2015, 15:29
I've been hammering Forza lately and love it tbh. No frustrating bugs ruining the experience. The physics really aren't as bad as people make out.

Obviously you switch between the 2 and they feel very different but that's to be expected. Most of you are just used to Project Cars physics now.
Yup me too... Cant deal with the 20 daily work arounds to play project cars... Forza 6 on line is a blast.. I race in no collision league so no worry of troll wreckers..

Rockefelluh
03-10-2015, 16:18
Yup me too... Cant deal with the 20 daily work arounds to play project cars... Forza 6 on line is a blast.. I race in no collision league so no worry of troll wreckers..

That is the one area I was impressed with. I could do a ton of races online in a very short amount of time if I liked. Also, even though I only played for a week, the League system seemed to work pretty well. A lot of respectful races in the elite division.

Dresden
04-10-2015, 06:52
I find that I play both games in a very different way. Forza is all about choosing a car and jumping around on various tracks and races, slowly upgrading as I go until I hit the class limit and then focus on getting out a really good rivals lap. On PCars the focus is all about using one single track over a four hour play session. I change the weather and car but keep the track the same- practicing, qualify and racing.

It feels (IMO) that Forza has the focus on really nice cars while Pcars has the track detailed absolutely nailed tight.

I love them both for different reasons.

Haiden
04-10-2015, 15:20
I find that I play both games in a very different way. Forza is all about choosing a car and jumping around on various tracks and races, slowly upgrading as I go until I hit the class limit and then focus on getting out a really good rivals lap. On PCars the focus is all about using one single track over a four hour play session. I change the weather and car but keep the track the same- practicing, qualify and racing.

It feels (IMO) that Forza has the focus on really nice cars while Pcars has the track detailed absolutely nailed tight.

I love them both for different reasons.

This is why, after five months, I'm still having a good experience playing PCars, not bored at all. With Forza (and it's been the same with every title since launch), I play for a few months, and then--once I have collected the few cars I like and upgraded them to the fullest--the game starts to get boring, because behind the smoke and mirrors of its extensive car list and flashy menu polish, is the fact that there aren't really that many tracks. Let's not even mention the fact, that weather effects are limited to certain tracks. I don't really find the FM physics to be that great, either, and I don't think it has anything to do with being used to PCars. I've been playing FM since the first one--played FM5 for years with a wheel. PCars felt better than FM5 from the very start, even though I was used to FM5's physics and FFB. After one week of PCars, I found myself unable to go back to FM5's style of handling and FFB. I'm pretty sure the reason I dislike FM6's handling and FFB has nothing to do with being used to PCars. Even after a few hours, I still didn't like it, nor did I feel as if I was started to warm up to it. F1 2015 also has different handling and FFB, but it only takes me a few laps to get used to F1's handling and feel, and it never felt bad, even the first time I played it.

I also find FMs cockpit view difficult to drive in. In fact, until PCars, I've never been able to race competitively in FM using cockpit view. IMO, FM's cockpit view makes me feel less immersed in the game.

TheReaper GT
04-10-2015, 15:44
I really like forza for a quick lap in a road car that I just saw in a movie or stuff like that. That said, last night i thought I should have a endurance race on forza. Went to a showcase event, 30 laps @ le mans. As usual it shows the wrong track map on the loading screen, bugatti instead of la sarte. Ok, let's face, half lap in, the game changes my control layout totally by itself, while I was driving. That behavior happened twice per lap until i got fed up and gone back to pcars. Make no mistake, there's no such thing as bug free game, no matter how big your studio is our how much money you have put into the project.

wraithsrike
04-10-2015, 21:54
The physics in Forza 6 are just plan weird, the cars lack any sort of grip it's almost like the tyre's aren't actually in contact with the road surface, no harpic feedback when you travelling down a straight you might as well be at the helm of a hover craft.

Theres no chassis movement no transmission noise.

And the Drivatars don't know how to take a turn without hitting each other or you, as a racing game is dull and uninspiring.

If SMS keep supporting and moving in the direction they are my money will always head they way now, my forza days I feel are now numbered I can't go backwards.

No One
05-10-2015, 15:25
the biggest issue with FM6 is sense of speed. the physics are actually quite good. i (and many others) had the same issue when playing it for the first time. if you decide to play it again, either look at how fast you are going or turn the driving/braking line on. this will confirm you are simply going too fast into the corner. unlike Pcars, FM6 has a very bad sense of speed. if Pcars had the modding/customization of Forza, i'd never play a different racing game.

Haiden
05-10-2015, 15:55
the biggest issue with FM6 is sense of speed. the physics are actually quite good. i (and many others) had the same issue when playing it for the first time. if you decide to play it again, either look at how fast you are going or turn the driving/braking line on. this will confirm you are simply going too fast into the corner. unlike Pcars, FM6 has a very bad sense of speed. if Pcars had the modding/customization of Forza, i'd never play a different racing game.

A racing game with a very bad sense of speed. To me, that's worse than any bug PCars has ever had. I mean, just think about that for a moment, a racing game that delivers a poor sense of speed. What exactly am I supposed to do with a game like that?

AdM1
05-10-2015, 17:06
Never noticed bad sense of speed. Certainly not worse than annoying bugs that stop you playing the game correctly IMO.

Haiden
05-10-2015, 18:01
Never noticed bad sense of speed. Certainly not worse than annoying bugs that stop you playing the game correctly IMO.

Not to sure about that, since not having a decent sense of speed would seriously impact the overall driving experience. And now that he mentions it, I think that's probably what I felt was wrong when I played the demo. In cockpit view, the cars seemed to handle poorly--no grip. But I was able to drive much better in hood view, which might have been due to the fact that in hood view, things seem to come at you faster because of the FOV.

Anyway...doesn't really matter, at least not to me. I tried the demo and wasn't impressed. It's the same old Forza, just with more tracks and canned weather effects and night racing (on select tracks, that is). Nothing ground-breaking, nothing that really pushes the genre to the next level. The polish isn't really a point of comparison, either, considering FM is on version 6 and PCars is on version 1. If PCars is still around, I'm sure PCars6 will be a lot more polished than PCars1. But, if that's the case, then I'm also sure PCars6 will be lightyears ahead of FM6 by comparison. But comparing PCars with FM6 and commending FM6 on its polish is unfair, because it's apples to oranges. FM5 released with the crappiest AI I've ever seen--worse than PCars' initial AI. I remember, because I was so looking forward to FM5 on Xb1, and it was almost unplayable with AI. I don't really remember FM1's launch, but I know it's wasn't without issue.

PTG Baby Cow
05-10-2015, 18:28
Seriously I find the f1 car in fm6 not that bad. Ok steerings sensitivity is to high but all in all. the cars are extreme fast and have a lot of grip. But without wheel you have no chance been competitive. All guys in my friendlist are so much faster with the wheels. okay the f1 car is without tcs not really driveable. because the torque of the turbo is that strong that itīs extrem hard to hold the car on the track. but thats really the only car i need tcs. maybe after some testing i can manage this E23 without tcs.

It's pretty obvious that you don't and havent played with a wheel. Forza is built around a controller and driving with a wheel is aweful. Sure you get better accuracy with a wheel because u have more degrees of turn, but thats also the same point the game fails. You have very little ffb to tell you where you are at using a wheel. Like pcars being built on a wheel using pros feedback forza was built with a pad as the primary method. You can easily be as fast on forza or faster with a pad than a wheel.

No One
05-10-2015, 18:53
because it's apples to oranges.

isn't this what the entire thread is about?
its comparing FM6 to Pcars. which you just stated is apples to oranges. which by your logic means this thread shouldn't exist.

weather or not the sense of speed is better or worse in either game is purely subjective. as i stated, once you figure out how you can cope with it, FM6 isn't that bad. however it isn't Pcars and clearly you had your mind made up before playing the FM6 demo.

i want to add i really hate the fact that it sounds like i am defending FM6 since i prefer the physics in Pcars more. but i miss the upgrading and customizing as well as a goal oriented career. i thought i could do with out but i just can't. i need both games.

Haiden
05-10-2015, 19:43
isn't this what the entire thread is about?
its comparing FM6 to Pcars. which you just stated is apples to oranges. which by your logic means this thread shouldn't exist.

weather or not the sense of speed is better or worse in either game is purely subjective. as i stated, once you figure out how you can cope with it, FM6 isn't that bad. however it isn't Pcars and clearly you had your mind made up before playing the FM6 demo.

i want to add i really hate the fact that it sounds like i am defending FM6 since i prefer the physics in Pcars more. but i miss the upgrading and customizing as well as a goal oriented career. i thought i could do with out but i just can't. i need both games.

Sorry, I wasn't specific. I meant comparing them in the context of bugs and the overall polish. Not the physics. If anything, the fact that PCars' physics is better than Forza's sixth release (or even close if you prefer FM's) speaks in favor on PCars. This is SMS' first attempt at modeling the physics at this level of detail. Turn10 has been working on their physics model for 10 years.

Also, you're so wrong about having my mind already made up. I've been playing Forza since the first release. I SOOOO wanted FM6 to be a real next-gen racer. I thought Turn10 was going to make up for the let down that was FM5. Sadly, they didn't. I played through the demo twice, wanting to like it . And hoping, I could play it for the cars that aren't in PCars, and the tracks. Prague and Bernese Alps are two of my favorite tracks. So no, I didn't clearly have my mind made up before playing the demo.

AdM1
05-10-2015, 20:04
I was still unsure after the demo but went ahead and bought it anyway. 60 hours later and not regretting it one bit.

rtazz17
05-10-2015, 20:47
I dont notice any bad sense of speed either.. They both would have their place in my catalog of racing games but project cars at the moment doesnt even have a place.Its junk at this point.There is a bug in almost every part of the game.I start the game up and have to jump through 6 "work arounds" just to get started and then get booted back to the dash.. But wait maybe I should uninstall and reinstall for the 5th time and then it will work?Come on forza was never this bad on the first forza.Its been 5 months and yeah patches like crazy but each one either doesnt address the main flaws or creates even more bugs but lets talk about project cars 2 cause that will be even better....

Haiden
05-10-2015, 21:35
I dont notice any bad sense of speed either.. They both would have their place in my catalog of racing games but project cars at the moment doesnt even have a place.Its junk at this point.There is a bug in almost every part of the game.I start the game up and have to jump through 6 "work arounds" just to get started and then get booted back to the dash.. But wait maybe I should uninstall and reinstall for the 5th time and then it will work?Come on forza was never this bad on the first forza.Its been 5 months and yeah patches like crazy but each one either doesnt address the main flaws or creates even more bugs but lets talk about project cars 2 cause that will be even better....

Funny, from the time I power on my console, I can be on the track in PCars in about 3 minutes--no hoop jumping required. Of course, the same can be said about Forza. The only difference is, with Forza, I feel like I'm playing a racing game. With PCars, I feel like I'm behind the wheel of a race car. PCars' helmet view is amazing. Ten years, six versions, and Turn10 hasn't delivered anything close that.

Haiden
06-10-2015, 01:00
Apparently someone's child didn't like my comment and gave me a reputation ding with the snide remark, "Lol it's a game.. You're not actually behind the wheel of a real race car."

Thanks for pointing that out, son. I was so confused.

nissan4ever
06-10-2015, 01:12
Apparently someone's child didn't like my comment and gave me a reputation ding with the snide remark, "Lol it's a game.. You're not actually behind the wheel of a real race car."

Thanks for pointing that out, son. I was so confused.

LOL Haiden. Good one

nissan4ever
06-10-2015, 01:13
Funny, from the time I power on my console, I can be on the track in PCars in about 3 minutes--no hoop jumping required. Of course, the same can be said about Forza. The only difference is, with Forza, I feel like I'm playing a racing game. With PCars, I feel like I'm behind the wheel of a race car. PCars' helmet view is amazing. Ten years, six versions, and Turn10 hasn't delivered anything close that.

You're absolutely correct with that comment.

Dresden
06-10-2015, 12:14
To me it seems that Forza has a special quality when it comes to quick gratification, on the weekend I was using the Bugatti Veyron and the sound on the gearbox downshifting at the first chicane at Monza was absolutely insane. I have never had punching feedback like that in any other race game.

Yet when I starting playing Pcars (an hour later) the overall experience was miles better somehow. The transition from blinding light to shadow as I raced into the Imola setting sun was like nothing else I will ever experience. The way the curbs came at me from the changing light and the feel of the track was simply sublime. I could feel a 'real' track around me that Forza has no hope in touching with their current direction.

So yes, Forza was great in short bursts but I have to admit that Pcars does the whole experience so much better.

PPPMAT
06-10-2015, 13:35
To me it seems that Forza has a special quality when it comes to quick gratification, on the weekend I was using the Bugatti Veyron and the sound on the gearbox downshifting at the first chicane at Monza was absolutely insane. I have never had punching feedback like that in any other race game.

Yet when I starting playing Pcars (an hour later) the overall experience was miles better somehow. The transition from blinding light to shadow as I raced into the Imola setting sun was like nothing else I will ever experience. The way the curbs came at me from the changing light and the feel of the track was simply sublime. I could feel a 'real' track around me that Forza has no hope in touching with their current direction.

So yes, Forza was great in short bursts but I have to admit that Pcars does the whole experience so much better.

Totally agree - sums it up for me. I love both of them for different reasons. Just not enough hours in the day is the REAL problem.

Haiden
06-10-2015, 15:08

Well said. You're right Forza is good for short bursts and having a run in some of my favorite cars that aren't in PCars' garage. Right now, my T300 is mounted my wheel stand. It doesn't take long to swap out the TX base, but Forza doesn't have enough entertainment pull for me to make the effort for an hour or so of playing time. My GT Omega rig is coming this week, though. Once I get that setup with my T300, I'll mount the TX to the wheel stand, and have it ready to go. Then I'll wait for the price to drop on FM6 and use it like you said, for short burst entertainment.

Raven403
06-10-2015, 15:14
Came up with this pictoral analogy to describe the two games see if you agree.

AdM1
06-10-2015, 15:18
Full lobbies online ftw! I cant get enough.

PFalcon
06-10-2015, 16:11
Full lobbies in Forza tends to mean plenty of deliberate crashers. I'll take a lobby of 8-16 PCars racers any day. Way fewer crashers!

AdM1
06-10-2015, 16:18
16 in Project Cars without crashes? You'll be lucky lol!

I saw many wreckers and bad racers in Project Cars, will agree though it's certainly worse n Forza although still worth the odd race ruined for the masses of people to race against. IMO.

AdM1
06-10-2015, 16:22
I've not even touched done more than one race on Project Cars since 4.0 and the latest DLC. Just cant pull myself away from Forza but I do want to play again. Forza is just so much more fun.

Schnizz58
06-10-2015, 16:44
I've not even touched done more than one race on Project Cars since 4.0 and the latest DLC. Just cant pull myself away from Forza but I do want to play again. Forza is just so much more fun.
Can you tell me what's so fun about Forza? I still haven't made up my mind whether to get it or not. I was very turned off by the demo but if there is some redeeming feature of the game (vs. the demo) that I should be aware of, please let me know.

AdM1
06-10-2015, 16:52
Can you tell me what's so fun about Forza? I still haven't made up my mind whether to get it or not. I was very turned off by the demo but if there is some redeeming feature of the game (vs. the demo) that I should be aware of, please let me know.

Just the same old Forza base I love, variety of cars, tuning modifying. Different race choices class types with lots of people in each. Drifting, tag if you fancy a mess about the air field type thing. What's not to love as a car fan. As for the physics I think they were slightly different from the demo but tbh I've been tuning etc so it improves things anyway. That is the idea after all, those that cant be bothered to tune or look for tunes are at a disadvantage, just how it should be.

Schnizz58
06-10-2015, 16:54
Thanks. Sounds like same ol' same ol'.

xVampirAx
06-10-2015, 16:56
the full game still has the intro race and also the three qualifying races after that is a cross between forza 5 and forza horzion(the reward system) other than that its just a forza game.i did play the demo but found it rather samey and rather dull unless they bring out dlc that makes me want to buy it,i think i shall stick to p cars for now. also does any one know why the east bound and down achievement doesnt pop up even know i have done this at least four times in the required car.

AdM1
06-10-2015, 17:00
Thanks. Sounds like same ol' same ol'.

It pretty much is and that's why the same old has been so successful for so long..

Now we have another game to throw in the mix that doesn't just mean it becomes rubbish all of a sudden lol.

I still find it amazing how many people are incapable of liking both, like myself.

I find Project Cars kind of boring now, maybe it's because I've spent a lot of time on it but Forza has a lot more to offer as a game.

Schnizz58
06-10-2015, 17:26
It pretty much is and that's why the same old has been so successful for so long..
It's definitely successful but whether a game is successful or not isn't a factor in whether I buy it.

Now we have another game to throw in the mix that doesn't just mean it becomes rubbish all of a sudden lol.
No, that's certainly true but FM5 was rubbish long before PCars came along.

I still find it amazing how many people are incapable of liking both, like myself. I find Project Cars kind of boring now, maybe it's because I've spent a lot of time on it but Forza has a lot more to offer as a game.
I think there are lots of people that like both. But different people are looking for different things out of their games. It's a matter of finding what you're looking for. I don't have any interest in the ForzaVista crap or putting a V8 in a VW Beetle or drifting or painting or tag. It seems that T10 are going even further down that path so I'm getting off the bus.

Haiden
06-10-2015, 17:30
Full lobbies online ftw! I cant get enough.

This interview was kind of cool, because listening to them, you get a real sense of the personal differences that sway gamers between the two titles. That being said, looking at this video, I think the graphic/visual comparison between the two isn't really arguable. PCars does looks better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pNedW3NZcs

AdM1
06-10-2015, 17:31
It's definitely successful but whether a game is successful or not isn't a factor in whether I buy it.

No, that's certainly true but FM5 was rubbish long before PCars came along.

I think there are lots of people that like both. But different people are looking for different things out of their games. It's a matter of finding what you're looking for. I don't have any interest in the ForzaVista crap or putting a V8 in a VW Beetle or drifting or painting or tag. It seems that T10 are going even further down that path so I'm getting off the bus.

Neither do I, this is what's great about this game. If you don't want or like one thing there's plenty else to do. But I understand if it's not for you then it's not for you but that doesn't make it a bad game just like it doesn't make project cars a bad game when someone says they don't like it.

AdM1
06-10-2015, 17:33
This interview was kind of cool, because listening to them, you get a real sense of the personal differences that sway gamers between the two titles. That being said, looking at this video, I think the graphic/visual comparison between the two isn't really arguable. PCars does looks better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pNedW3NZcs

Graphic and visuals I think I have to agree, Forza is all bright and strong colours, certainly not bad just less realistic imo.

Both are very good comparing to 5 years ago, go back 10 years and well.. Don't think we can grumble about either.

GRTfast
06-10-2015, 18:27
Forza looks cartoonish to me. I played the demo. It is fun, but to me there really is no comparison the the realism and immersion of Pcars.

Raven403
06-10-2015, 18:30
Forza looks cartoonish to me. I played the demo. It is fun, but to me there really is no comparison the the realism and immersion of Pcars.

I agree. Personal preference/opinion obviously but the look of it took me out of it.

Schnizz58
06-10-2015, 18:43
Neither do I, this is what's great about this game. If you don't want or like one thing there's plenty else to do. But I understand if it's not for you then it's not for you but that doesn't make it a bad game just like it doesn't make project cars a bad game when someone says they don't like it.
Yeah, I'm not saying it's a bad game. It's just made for a certain demographic that doesn't include me.

Haiden
06-10-2015, 19:03
Yeah, I'm not saying it's a bad game. It's just made for a certain demographic that doesn't include me.

Agreed. I used to be in the Forza demographic (and loved it), but the truth is, I didn't really have a choice on console. Forza and Gran Turismo were the only real racing options on console. That's changed now. PCars is the kind of experience I'm looking for. And next year, I hope to add Assetto Corsa to the list.

PPPMAT
06-10-2015, 19:32
Agreed. I used to be in the Forza demographic (and loved it), but the truth is, I didn't really have a choice on console. Forza and Gran Turismo were the only real racing options on console. That's changed now. PCars is the kind of experience I'm looking for. And next year, I hope to add Assetto Corsa to the list.

I would end up divorced if I added 'anything' to my list.

AdM1
06-10-2015, 19:39
Yeah I love both but I think the current deal breaker is that one of them is working how I want. Not to mention the time already spent on Project Cars. I'll probably get a little bored and switch back for a while at some point.

Jezza819
06-10-2015, 20:19
Project Cars is like one of my all time favorite movies. I'll sit down and watch it over and over again multiple times and still get the same enjoyment I had the first time I watched it.

Forza 6 is like the sequel of a movie that I wasn't real happy about the original (Forza 5) and I'm about 30 minutes into this new movie and I'm getting ready to change the channel because it's even worse than the original.

Haiden
06-10-2015, 20:31
Project Cars is like one of my all time favorite movies. I'll sit down and watch it over and over again multiple times and still get the same enjoyment I had the first time I watched it.

Forza 6 is like the sequel of a movie that I wasn't real happy about the original (Forza 5) and I'm about 30 minutes into this new movie and I'm getting ready to change the channel because it's even worse than the original.

You know... I think you just hit on something. I wonder if my opinion of FM6 would be any different if Turn10 hadn't left me wallowing in Forza 5's for so long. I think that's one of the reasons the look and sounds of FM6 just seems bland and stale. It's too much like FM5, a game that had me pulling my hair out waiting for another racer on the Xb1. It's like being forced to eat a roast beef sandwich on wheat everyday for two years, and then when you finally go somewhere else for lunch, you find out all they have is roast beef on sourdough, which is an awesome sandwich, but after two years of eating RB on wheat, you're just ready to skip lunch.

Schnizz58
06-10-2015, 20:54
You know... I think you just hit on something. I wonder if my opinion of FM6 would be any different if Turn10 hadn't left me wallowing in Forza 5's for so long. I think that's one of the reasons the look and sounds of FM6 just seems bland and stale. It's too much like FM5, a game that had me pulling my hair out waiting for another racer on the Xb1. It's like being forced to eat a roast beef sandwich on wheat everyday for two years, and then when you finally go somewhere else for lunch, you find out all they have is roast beef on sourdough, which is an awesome sandwich, but after two years of eating RB on wheat, you're just ready to skip lunch.
There's no question about it. I would have snatched FM6 up on pre-order had I never played FM5.

Umer Ahmad
06-10-2015, 21:19
You just solved my "dinner dillema"!

AdM1
06-10-2015, 21:22
So basically the reason a lot of you don't like FM6 is because FM5 sucked? Pmsl!

Schnizz58
06-10-2015, 21:24
So basically the reason a lot of you don't like FM6 is because FM5 sucked? Pmsl!
No, it's because FM6 is not much different than FM5. You yourself said that it was more of the same.

AdM1
06-10-2015, 21:28
FM6 is very different to FM5 and that just proves why people need to play the full game before making judgement..

I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying.

Schnizz58
06-10-2015, 21:31
FM6 is very different to FM5 and that just proves why people need to play the full game before making judgement..

You said "same old Forza base". How could I have misinterpreted that?

AdM1
06-10-2015, 21:33
So I say that and you took it as me saying it's the same as FM5? Lol.. Or just putting the twist on it because really you just don't want to give it a chance because of where your heart now lies haha! ;)

CPU M Rossi
06-10-2015, 21:33
cod games have a 2 year dev cycle with them alternating between two developers to get a yearly release
it takes a lot time to get a rough diamond from just coal.

wraithsrike
06-10-2015, 21:34
No, it's because FM6 is not much different than FM5. You yourself said that it was more of the same.

I 100% in the PCar's camp, but I don't get this Forza6 is the same as Forza 5 only with more cars and track's.

Play wise forza 6 is very arcaseish but it's not got the same feel as 5, I hated 5 but 6 is quite good fun.

Schnizz58
06-10-2015, 21:37
So I say that and you took it as me saying it's the same as FM5? Lol.. Or just putting the twist on it because really you just don't want to give it a chance because of where your heart now lies haha! ;)No dude. You made the statement that it was a lot of fun and so I asked what was fun about it because I was genuinely curious. If it really is different then I'd be interested in buying it. You said it was "same old Forza" and then rattled off a bunch of features like drifting that supported that assertion. So I believed you, thanked you for the input and concluded that Forza isn't for me. I don't see what other conclusion I could reach. If you want to amend that statement and tell me what cool things Forza has then I will reconsider.

AdM1
06-10-2015, 21:40
No dude. You made the statement that it was a lot of fun and so I asked what was fun about it because I was genuinely curious. If it really is different then I'd be interested in buying it. You said it was "same old Forza" and then rattled off a bunch of features like drifting that supported that assertion. So I believed you, thanked you for the input and concluded that Forza isn't for me. I don't see what other conclusion I could reach. If you want to amend that statement and tell me what cool things Forza has then I will reconsider.

I can't believe you would actually take someones quick brief 2 lined reason as to why they love the game on whether you was going to buy it anyway. Who are you trying to kid here? Lol.

Schnizz58
06-10-2015, 21:43
I can't believe you would actually take someones quick brief 2 lined reason as to why they love the game on whether you was going to buy it anyway. Who are you trying to kid here? Lol.
Why else would I bother to ask in the first place? I didn't ask for a 2-lined reason. That's what I got.

Raven403
06-10-2015, 21:44

Look, its very simple. Forza is like the meme I posted, its a pick up and play, Toy Box with cars. Its a game for car lovers and all things cars, Jack of All trades (cept rally) King of None deal.

Project Cars is a more Focused title. This narrows the customer base some sure, but its focus is on Realism and Dynamic Racing.

Two games that are focused on different things. But for some of us, It could just be we've outgrown the core appeal of what Forza has become, Much like when we all (Me anyway) used to play with Matchbox cars and stuff, and eventually outgrew that. Some people still enjoy playing with cars, or use their kids as an excuse to continue doing so, or they get bigger model cars and progress in building those, wherever your love for cars took you. Project Cars is where my love for racing games has taken me, I want a realistic simulation racer that's more about On track feel and realism than sheer car count and looks. Forza still has to appeal to, and be playable by new players, people still entering the Genre of Racing on console or racing games in general, for that reason its going to be a bit underwhelming or simple to people who want a more Die hard approach to racing, that's just the natural progression of it. Trying to be everything to everyone is something I give Turn 10 credit for, because that's not easy to do, but they've done a pretty good job doing just that over the years.

That's not to say there isn't plenty I still would enjoy with this new Forza title, I love cars, and I love what Forza did for me and getting me hooked forever on racing titles, but as I said, its just not the game I want to spend my time on anymore at this point. When its on sale for a good enough price I might get it, but unless they come out with an Honest to Goodness SIM title, I think my Forza days are behind me.

edit: And as the Thread Title says, some people are willing to deal with the few niggles and bugs to get the experience one gets from Project Cars. Everyone has different taste, opinions, wants, needs, etc. so no one will ever have the same feelings or patience level as someone else. It depends on what you want from it. Would I get 60 bucks worth of fun from Forza 6, Maybe, am I willing to spend 60 bucks to find out, No, because I'm already getting what I want from another product. I have nothing against Forza for FM5, if anything, its probably good I had experienced FM5 because then I would've been pretttty upset going from 4 to what 6 is now. Because for ME, 4 was the peak, and I would've thought the natural progression would've been to a more Sim like physics system and realism, it didn't go that way, and that's fine, I found something else that is almost everything I wanted Forza to become, so I'm happy.

krazyhippy
06-10-2015, 21:47

Yes u can do everything u just asked.

AdM1
06-10-2015, 21:50
Why else would I bother to ask in the first place? I didn't ask for a 2-lined reason. That's what I got.

Well I'm not really going to sit and explain what's good about the game when all the info is there, plenty videos about etc when it's pretty obvious without playing your mind is already made up anyway.

Like I said, who are you trying to kid?

I might hop on Project Cars for a bit tonight see how long before I end up back on Forza haha.

Schnizz58
06-10-2015, 21:53
LOL... OK I appreciate the info. It did help me make my mind up.

nissan4ever
06-10-2015, 21:54
Well I'm not really going to sit and explain what's good about the game when all the info is there, plenty videos about etc when it's pretty obvious without playing your mind is already made up anyway.

Like I said, who are you trying to kid?

I might hop on Project Cars for a bit tonight see how long before I end up back on Forza haha.

Why are you on here instead of racing on Forza 6? You've been made it clear you really like the game. Go play it then.

AdM1
06-10-2015, 21:56
Why are you on here instead of racing on Forza 6? You've been made it clear you really like the game. Go play it then.

I wondered how long before someone would ask why I'm on here then lol.

Because I am is why, just fyi ;).

nissan4ever
06-10-2015, 21:56
cod games have a 2 year dev cycle with them alternating between two developers to get a yearly release
it takes a lot time to get a rough diamond from just coal.

Not accurate anymore. There's now 3 studio's. Infinity Ward, Treyarch & Sledgehammer. The upcoming Black Ops 3 had a 3 yr Dev cycle. All future COD will get 3 yr Dev cycle. Next year's COD will be by Infinity Ward. Their first since COD Ghosts.

The cycle order now is Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer, & then Treyarch. That would be COD Ghosts, COD AW, COD Black Ops 3 & next year's unannounced but coming Infinity Ward COD entry.

Black Ops 3 will be the first one to get 3 yr treatment.

Raven403
06-10-2015, 21:58

Right but you Hype and Hype and Hype but didn't really offer any reason why its so Hype worthy. Its obviously a lot of fun for you and you make that known, which I think is what Schnizz was asking for. And to be fair you did say it was a lot like FM5 but it isn't at the same time, its not a very good insight is all

Haiden
06-10-2015, 22:21
Look, its very simple. Forza is like the meme I posted, its a pick up and play, Toy Box with cars. Its a game for car lovers and all things cars, Jack of All trades (cept rally) King of None deal.

Project Cars is a more Focused title. This narrows the customer base some sure, but its focus is on Realism and Dynamic Racing.

Two games that are focused on different things. But for some of us, It could just be we've outgrown the core appeal of what Forza has become, Much like when we all (Me anyway) used to play with Matchbox cars and stuff, and eventually outgrew that. Some people still enjoy playing with cars, or use their kids as an excuse to continue doing so, or they get bigger model cars and progress in building those, wherever your love for cars took you. Project Cars is where my love for racing games has taken me, I want a realistic simulation racer that's more about On track feel and realism than sheer car count and looks. Forza still has to appeal to, and be playable by new players, people still entering the Genre of Racing on console or racing games in general, for that reason its going to be a bit underwhelming or simple to people who want a more Die hard approach to racing, that's just the natural progression of it. Trying to be everything to everyone is something I give Turn 10 credit for, because that's not easy to do, but they've done a pretty good job doing just that over the years.

That's not to say there isn't plenty I still would enjoy with this new Forza title, I love cars, and I love what Forza did for me and getting me hooked forever on racing titles, but as I said, its just not the game I want to spend my time on anymore at this point. When its on sale for a good enough price I might get it, but unless they come out with an Honest to Goodness SIM title, I think my Forza days are behind me.

edit: And as the Thread Title says, some people are willing to deal with the few niggles and bugs to get the experience one gets from Project Cars. Everyone has different taste, opinions, wants, needs, etc. so no one will ever have the same feelings or patience level as someone else. It depends on what you want from it. Would I get 60 bucks worth of fun from Forza 6, Maybe, am I willing to spend 60 bucks to find out, No, because I'm already getting what I want from another product. I have nothing against Forza for FM5, if anything, its probably good I had experienced FM5 because then I would've been pretttty upset going from 4 to what 6 is now. Because for ME, 4 was the peak, and I would've thought the natural progression would've been to a more Sim like physics system and realism, it didn't go that way, and that's fine, I found something else that is almost everything I wanted Forza to become, so I'm happy.

^^That! Well said.

Forza just isn't delivering the experience I want. And I totally agree. FM4 was the best. I bought an XB1 on launch day just to get FM5, because I just expected them to improve on 4. I was so disappointed, because it soon became clear that it was rushed for the console launch and lacked any real depth. I would have went back to FM4, but I had already bought a Xb1 only wheel. So I spent the next two years wondering what T10 was doing with FM. I'll buy F6, just not at $60, and not until I start getting tired of PCars and F1 2015. But by the time that happens, Assetto Corsa might be out. And unless they screw that up, I doubt I'll choose FM6 over that. :)

As for FM6 being the same as FM5. It's not exactly the same. They have rain, time of day, and improved physics--not great, but better than FM. But as far as immersion goes, the graphics and sounds aren't much different than FM5. So they added more cars and tracks, but it still feels the same, at least to me. And the optimization still favors the controller over the wheel. I like simulation, and Forza no longer provides enough depth in that area, at least not for me.

Also, I have a friend who has never played PCars. He's played Forza for years and has FM6. He's gonna be trying out PCars at my place in a couple weeks. I'm very interested to find out his reaction and thoughts, since his initial PCars experience will be v 4.0, much better than those of us who started at launch.

nissan4ever
06-10-2015, 22:31

You make sure you have fun driving that Limo then.

AdM1
06-10-2015, 22:34
Not sure I'm getting that pack but yeah, racng limos around the ring could be a great laugh tbh.. We don't all play games pretending to be real life race drivers mate ;)

Raven403
06-10-2015, 22:35
^^That! Well said.

Forza just isn't delivering the experience I want. And I totally agree. FM4 was the best. I bought an XB1 on launch day just to get FM5, because I just expected them to improve on 4. I was so disappointed, because it soon became clear that it was rushed for the console launch and lacked any real depth. I would have went back to FM4, but I had already bought a Xb1 only wheel. So I spent the next two years wondering what T10 was doing with FM. I'll buy F6, just not at $60, and not until I start getting tired of PCars and F1 2015. But by the time that happens, Assetto Corsa might be out. And unless they screw that up, I doubt I'll choose FM6 over that. :)

As for FM6 being the same as FM5. It's not exactly the same. They have rain, time of day, and improved physics--not great, but better than FM. But as far as immersion goes, the graphics and sounds aren't much different than FM5. So they added more cars and tracks, but it still feels the same, at least to me. And the optimization still favors the controller over the wheel. I like simulation, and Forza no longer provides enough depth in that area, at least not for me.

Also, I have a friend who has never played PCars. He's played Forza for years and has FM6. He's gonna be trying out PCars at my place in a couple weeks. I'm very interested to find out his reaction and thoughts, since his initial PCars experience will be v 4.0, much better than those of us who started at launch.

Exactly. Forza actually played a pretty large role in me getting an Xbox over Ps4. I'm actually the lone surviving Xboner among my friends. Most went to ps4 because it was said to have better graphics and is focused on gaming. And all that was well and good to me but if I jumped to PS4 I wouldn't get Forza. In the end I don't regret my decision, Forza aside, the new Xbox experience and coming updates will do wonders for addressing my biggest problems with the console, and I have a gaming PC anyway so I do have a machine dedicated to gaming lol.

I really do wish we could get FM4 backwards compatible but I just don't see it happening, but I can dream. :cool:

Haiden
06-10-2015, 23:41
You make sure you have fun driving that Limo then.

Further proof that it's not the right kind of experience for me. And I think a racing game that adds limousines is not trying very hard to be seen as a simulation racing title. Maybe a simulation driving title, but racing? Not with limos. I'm sure some people think this is cool, but I just see a waste of time and resources that could have been set to producing something useful. I mean seriously, who is going to drive this thing? And of those that do, how many are going to drive it more than a few times, until the laughs wear off?

AdM1
06-10-2015, 23:56
It's there for fun, so people can have fun, you know? Fun?

It's the same as when people moan about the DLC on here, you don't have to buy it..

Just Another Frog
07-10-2015, 00:07
Further proof that it's not the right kind of experience for me. And I think a racing game that adds limousines is not trying very hard to be seen as a simulation racing title. Maybe a simulation driving title, but racing? Not with limos. I'm sure some people think this is cool, but I just see a waste of time and resources that could have been set to producing something useful. I mean seriously, who is going to drive this thing? And of those that do, how many are going to drive it more than a few times, until the laughs wear off?

And the inclusion of karting in PCars isn't a waste of time and resources then ?
I will take a single car that can be thrown away after use as opposed to a whole chunk of gameplay that has no place in ANY simulation racing game whatsoever any day of the week.

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 00:12
And the inclusion of karting in PCars isn't a waste of time and resources then ?
I will take a single car that can be thrown away after use as opposed to a whole chunk of gameplay that has no place in ANY simulation racing game whatsoever any day of the week.

How do you think a lot of racers careers started? Karting, I'd imagine.

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 00:16

Exactly. I started to really notice that with the car roster on FM4. I mean come on. A Nissan Leaf, Toyota Prius & Chevy Volt? Then came the Chevy Vandura. Among other "why is this in the game" vehicles. You're absolutely correct. That's a waste of resources & they will continue to do so.

AdM1
07-10-2015, 00:16

I bet a few race careers end up as high end chauffeurs too.. Or have at least dabbled in it.

Next question.

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 00:19
I bet a few race careers end up as high end chauffeurs too.. Or have at least dabbled in it.

Next question.

Shouldn't you be driving a Limo around the ring having fun?

AdM1
07-10-2015, 00:21
Aha no I don't think I'm bothering with this DLC for now, just having some epic fun on S class racing though just sat here between races if that's okay with you son.

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 00:26
okay with you son.

I got your son. How about you hop on Project CARS multiplayer so I can go up 2 - 1 on you. You shouldn't even have 1 win against me. Mr. Swirly all over the track in a LMP2 vehicle. That last time we raced, didn't I have like a 20+ second lead on you at Le Mans? Oh that's right. You not used to games with dynamic lighting. Started with sun up & finished in the dark.

It's easy to know why you on FM6 instead of Project CARS. Forza's heavily assisted pad steering.

AdM1
07-10-2015, 00:35
I got your son. How about you hop on Project CARS multiplayer so I can go up 2 - 1 on you. You shouldn't even have 1 win against me. Mr. Swirly all over the track in a LMP2 vehicle. That last time we raced, didn't I have like a 20+ second lead on you at Le Mans? Oh that's right. You not used to games with dynamic lighting. Started with sun up & finished in the dark.

It's easy to know why you on FM6 instead of Project CARS. Forza's heavily assisted pad steering.

Lol wut? You beat this time yet then?

http://screenshotscontent-t5001.xboxlive.com/000900000293f449-7794f7ed-1a82-4d93-9b01-26b81662e6df/Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr=c&sig=3jRYEcs1onQcVuceJNt5DCQJC9AJ89EdlSQlyaXq%2BaY%3D&st=2015-10-07T00%3A29%3A53Z&se=2015-10-07T01%3A34%3A53Z&sp=r&__gda__=1444181693_c2bc88985ec49f6f9b72820e4e7360a3

AdM1
07-10-2015, 00:36
Lol at giving it high an mighty on the forum.. Glad I took the screenshot now slow coach ;).

IIRC I messed up you took a lead then you messed up and before I took past you you exited and messaged me saying you had to go do something so urmm yeah..

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 00:39
Lol at giving it high an mighty on the forum.. Glad I took the screenshot now slow coach ;).

Are you special? Re-read it. I said you shouldn't have even won the one you did. You missed part where I said I would go up 2-1 after tonight. How come you didn't take a screen shot when I won in race with 20+ second lead? Oh that's right. You were complaining about tire temp because sun went down.

AdM1
07-10-2015, 00:42
Not special no, what's with that tone?

Just because I embarrassed you after making stuff up on the forum, unless of course you have some proof? I'd love to see it as I don't recall that at all.

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 00:46
Not special no, what's with that tone?

Just because I embarrassed you after making stuff up on the forum, unless of course you have some proof? I'd love to see it as I don't recall that at all.

I'm sure you do recall it, we both know that's what did happened the last race.

Don't worry, I wouldn't make up nothing.

Just Another Frog
07-10-2015, 00:48

Absolutely agree with you but you're completely missing the point.
The argument is about content of product being a deciding factor as to the integrity of a game - and nothing else.

Perhaps you could ask yourself how a lot of racers DIDN'T start their career. I don't recall anyone thundering around a circuit on their way to stardom in many, many cars included in racing games so in that respects does it really matter exactly which car you choose to race because 95% of them don't belong on a race track anyway.
Just because it doesn't have a wing on it and do 200mph in a straight line doesn't mean it's not fun to drive. After all, we've raced the Super Vans many, many times and I defy anyone who says that grouping up with a bunch of friends and driving stupid cars around various circuits (very badly) isn't great fun.

...or is "fun" not allowed any more ?

AdM1
07-10-2015, 00:48
I'm sure you don't recall it, even though we both know that's what did happened the last race.

Don't worry, I wouldn't make up nothing.

Yes the race that you quit after also messing up yourself? Lol.. That's the only one I recall. I think we both messed up a lot that race but fact is mate a picture says a thousand words.. Pmsl!

And I dunno about that mate.. Not seeing any proof that says otherwise tbh.

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 00:51
Yes the race that you quit after also messing up yourself? Lol.. That's the only one I recall. I think we both messed up a lot that race but fact is mate a picture says a thousand words.. Pmsl!

And I dunno about that mate.. Not seeing any proof that says otherwise tbh.

Nope, I didn't bother taking a screenshot. Just know, I know that I did infact own you the last time we did race. You did blame it on the sun going down effecting your tire temps. You weren't prepared, I was.

As a matter of fact, I messaged you after that race & told you that I had race go from sun up to down on purpose. I knew what I would do in pits with Tire temp. I knew you wouldn't be prepared or make adjustments on the fly. The time of day was set to like 20x if I'm not mistaken. I purposely set you up & I won. Time of day started around 1800 hrs & finished around 2300 hrs. Race took us 1 hr to complete.

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 00:52
Absolutely agree with you but you're completely missing the point.
The argument is about content of product being a deciding factor as to the integrity of a game - and nothing else.

Perhaps you could ask yourself how a lot of racers DIDN'T start their career. I don't recall anyone thundering around a circuit on their way to stardom in many, many cars included in racing games so in that respects does it really matter exactly which car you choose to race because 95% of them don't belong on a race track anyway.
Just because it doesn't have a wing on it and do 200mph in a straight line doesn't mean it's not fun to drive. After all, we've raced the Super Vans many, many times and I defy anyone who says that grouping up with a bunch of friends and driving stupid cars around various circuits (very badly) isn't great fun.

...or is "fun" not allowed any more ?

I was only saying a lot of racers did get there start in karts. That's all I was saying & I see why Project CARS went that route.

So karts are your Toyota Prius.

AdM1
07-10-2015, 00:58
Nope, I didn't bother taking a screenshot. Just know, I know that I did infact own you the last time we did race. You did blame it on the sun going down effecting your tire temps. You weren't prepared, I was.

As a matter of fact, I messaged you after that race & told you that I had race go from sun up to down on purpose. I knew what I would do in pits with Tire temp. I knew you wouldn't be prepared or make adjustments on the fly. The time of day was set to like 20x if I'm not mistaken. I purposely set you up & I won.

If it makes you feel better son, you can think to yourself you won, if leaving the race before it finishes is winning then it's all yours buddy.

Anyway I'm not seeing no proof or anything here, I posted a clear proof of our times after qualifying and iirc the race wasn't much different until I messed up and had to limp half the way back to pits so I'll let you have your moment now and anyone reading this can believe what they wish to believe :).

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 01:00
If it makes you feel better son, you can think to yourself you won, if leaving the race before it finishes is winning then it's all yours buddy.

Anyway I'm not seeing no proof or anything here, I posted a clear proof of our times after qualifying and iirc the race wasn't much different until I messed up and had to limp half the way back to pits so I'll let you have your moment now and anyone reading this can believe what they wish to believe :).

You missing the point. I'm not talking about that race. I'm talking about the last one we did do & that's what did happen. I don't have proof, but you know that's what did happen. I didn't take pic of race results or our Xbox messenger. I'm pretty sure anyone reading this probably knows I'm not making this up.

A pic from qualifying, that's awesome by the way.

AdM1
07-10-2015, 01:04
Yes I remember us both having an awful race and then you quitting before it was over. That was the absolute last race we did because then we exchanged messages a bit after you told me you had to go. Something about you and your friends having a laugh about trolling me in the Forza thread or something too and I mentioned how cool you was etc and that was about it iirc. ;)

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 01:09
Yes I remember us both having an awful race and then you quitting before it was over. That was the absolute last race we did because then we exchanged messages a bit after you told me you had to go. Something about you and your friends having a laugh about trolling me in the Forza thread or something too and I mentioned how cool you was etc and that was about it iirc. ;)

That's completely false. That wasn't our last race. The one I've been describing was our last race. I definitely didn't tell you nothing ridiculous as telling my friends I was going to troll you here.

You said the "how cool I was" thing after I told you I purposely had race go from sun up to dark. Because I knew you wouldn't do your tire pressures correctly. I also figured you wouldn't be consistent running at Le Mans 24hrs at night either. Figured it's something you really hadn't done. I set it up that way because I knew you would fail & I would win. Which is what did happen.

You really applying it real thick aren't you? If anyone was buying your story, hopefully they can see through your poured on thick theatrics.

AdM1
07-10-2015, 01:14
Oh dear, anyway I'm out because this is pointless and you're adamant to prove something that isn't true with no evidence so I'm definitely wasting my time here.

Just remember it's just a game, if you want to think you won to feel better about yourself then do so because for me losing does not hurt my ego like it seems to do so with your own.

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 01:15
Yeah, uh huh. Like I said. I didn't bother taking a screen shot. Just because you got a pic (from qualifying) & I don't, doesn't mean I'm lying. You just now realizing you poured it on to thick. I'm pretty sure people can see through your story.

For future reference, don't call me a liar. Directly or indirectly. I know what did in fact happen on the last race we had. I didn't dispute what you said about the race when I said I needed to go. Because that's what did happen the first time we raced. That's the 1 you won. That's the race your qualify pic came from.

AdM1
07-10-2015, 01:18
Yeah, uh huh. Like I said. I didn't bother taking a screen shot. Just because you got a pic (from qualifying) & I don't, doesn't mean I'm lying. You just now realizing you poured it on to thick. I'm pretty sure people can see through your story.

Whatever you want to believe mate lol it doesn't really matter.

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 01:22
Whatever you want to believe mate lol it doesn't really matter.

Just don't call me a lair. You need to do some memory exercises. There's no reason why you wouldn't remember our last race. Especially with you taking the time to message me you were having issues with tire temps because sun went down.