PDA

View Full Version : Awesome News

nissan4ever
16-09-2015, 19:37
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/project-cars-future-dlc-outlined-including-huge-tr/1100-6430621/

I can't wait to snag all 3 DLC packs.

Schnizz58
16-09-2015, 19:46
Think I'll wait to see what they are before I get all excited about them. They could be ovals for all I know.

nissan4ever
16-09-2015, 20:16
I plan on getting all of the DLC ;)

MAARTEN
16-09-2015, 20:56
Yes, keep the DLC's coming and i'll happily pay for them :cool:

OverHaased
16-09-2015, 23:48
I plan on getting all of the DLC ;)

Of course you will, we would expect nothing else from you.

xSullx
17-09-2015, 08:17
Good news indeed.
But to my knowledge, that's nothing pCARS fan didn't know before.
I always revert back to this image, related to pCARS 'On Demand'.
Every row is a month and by my count we're on row 5 now: starting with 'Free Car #4', comunity liveries and track pack.
Next month there should be a new car pack and then the following month a track pack again, with the community livery.
So there's plenty of stuff to come!
http://www.gamezone.de/screenshots/430x/2015/06/Project_Cars_on_Demand-gamezone.jpg

PFalcon
17-09-2015, 15:27
Think I'll wait to see what they are before I get all excited about them. They could be ovals for all I know.

I can only hope there are ovals coming!

jsykes
17-09-2015, 16:01
I wish they would fix the problems first. I know the people working on DLC are different than those fixing things, so I dont want to hear that excuse again, but I still think its insulting to announce new games and asking us to pay for additional content when the basic game content isnt even fixed yet.

Schnizz58
17-09-2015, 16:10
How is that insulting?

Siberian Tiger
17-09-2015, 16:14
I wish they would fix the problems first. I know the people working on DLC are different than those fixing things, so I dont want to hear that excuse again, but I still think its insulting to announce new games and asking us to pay for additional content when the basic game content isnt even fixed yet.

Well, you don't need to buy the content ;) In the Meanwhile we are enjoying those contents...

jsykes
17-09-2015, 16:18
Really, you cant understand that?

Here, spend a bunch of money on a game, oh it doesnt really work right, there are a ton of bugs, you'll have trouble playing one single night without a crash or bug showing of some kind and we'll fix it when we get around to it.

But hey, while you still cant play the game without a bug, why dont you give us some more money now, trust us, it will work some day.

That is like buying a car and every other time you drive it you lose a wheel or the radio doesnt work or it leaves you stranded on the side of the road and while the dealer is working on fixing it they are trying to get you to spend more money on paint sealant or bluetooth for the radio that doesnt work before they even have the car running right.

Really, you dont find that a little bit insulting to be asking us for more money for content in a game that isnt even finished as it sits?

Pink_650S
17-09-2015, 16:22
A "special fan-requested" car pack.
I wonder what that is...

Besides that, whats awesome about those news?
Of course there are DLC coming, what were you expecting? ;)

Konan
17-09-2015, 16:34
A "special fan-requested" car pack.
I wonder what that is...

Besides that, whats awesome about those news?
Of course there are DLC coming, what were you expecting? ;)

I'm curious too...
Right about DLC also...we always knew it was gonna keep on coming lol

Schnizz58
17-09-2015, 16:52
Really, you dont find that a little bit insulting to be asking us for more money for content in a game that isnt even finished as it sits?
I find the bugs themselves annoying but I'm not insulted that new content has been released. Those two things aren't linked together in any way so I fail to understand why someone would be butthurt over new DLC packs.

Neil Bateman
17-09-2015, 17:01

Here, spend a bunch of money on a game, oh it doesnt really work right, there are a ton of bugs, you'll have trouble playing one single night without a crash or bug showing of some kind and we'll fix it when we get around to it.

But hey, while you still cant play the game without a bug, why dont you give us some more money now, trust us, it will work some day.

That is like buying a car and every other time you drive it you lose a wheel or the radio doesnt work or it leaves you stranded on the side of the road and while the dealer is working on fixing it they are trying to get you to spend more money on paint sealant or bluetooth for the radio that doesnt work before they even have the car running right.

You could copy and paste this on almost any forum about any game that gets released nowadays and it would be 100% relevant.

Its nothing anybody has not had to put up with many times before.

Bealdor
17-09-2015, 17:16

It's only insulting to those who don't (want to) understand how game development works.

jbjs40
17-09-2015, 18:06
Too bad we cant make custom championships!
I would love to put together a real championship with more tracks included in them like a full season.
I am not complaining I like the championship in career mode but there is not enough depth.
3 tracks or 4 is fine but 6-12 would be much nicer!
If there is any way to make this happen I want to know! Thanks.

AdM1
17-09-2015, 18:15
More cars/tracks the better :).

rtazz17
18-09-2015, 00:22
You could copy and paste this on almost any forum about any game that gets released nowadays and it would be 100% relevant.

No sorry,project cars takes the cake on this one.It has been over the top buggy.No comparison and hes right..Sms is just taking more of your money without fixing the core game.I see his point and most people do...

rtazz17
18-09-2015, 00:23

Agreed 100 percent... Yes please take more of my money for a core game thats still broke.. Thank you sir may I have another!

nissan4ever
18-09-2015, 00:55
Agreed 100 percent... Yes please take more of my money for a core game thats still broke.. Thank you sir may I have another!

Not broken for me. My career works. My tunes are saving correctly, regardless of what mode I am racing in. Multiplayer seems to be working for me. My pit strategy works, minus not being able to use other compounds besides wet & soft (I'm sure it will be corrected in upcoming patch). I just keep the grid count 23 or lower if I am not in career.

Andy Tudor tweeted this earlier ;)

Pink_650S
18-09-2015, 09:05
With free stuff does he mean the 10 Ford Capri liveries? Lol.

Bealdor
18-09-2015, 09:10
With free stuff does he mean the 10 Ford Capri liveries? Lol.

The free car maybe?

Pink_650S
18-09-2015, 09:13
The free car maybe?

But that was to expect, right? :confused:

Bealdor
18-09-2015, 09:14
But that was to expect, right? :confused:

Yes, but that doesn't make it less free. ;)

AZT Turbo
18-09-2015, 18:59
No sorry,project cars takes the cake on this one.It has been over the top buggy.No comparison and hes right..Sms is just taking more of your money without fixing the core game.I see his point and most people do...

The game works fine for me, career is working great, online is great I've not had any races with wreckers, not had a single dip&flip or sudden stops, setups save. I'm sure if I really went looking for bugs or tried to recreate the scenarios that lead to them then I would experience them but I'm having too much of a blast with the racing.

grrrillapmp
18-09-2015, 22:22

That makes it okay?

Never understood why people point at others failures as a justification for theirs.

What happened to wanting to be the best? Damn medal for participation generation...

2pfspiff
19-09-2015, 07:18
The only things I have suffered so far is some sound distortion and a little frame rate skipping when online (Probably lag). Outside of that I am very happy with the game. I guess I have been one of the lucky few, but then again I haven't raced every track and driven every car.

jbjs40
08-11-2015, 07:28
Have you ever bought an American car? Like Dodge for instance? You said:...............

"That is like buying a car and every other time you drive it you lose a wheel or the radio doesnt work or it leaves you stranded on the side of the road and while the dealer is working on fixing it they are trying to get you to spend more money on paint sealant or bluetooth for the radio that doesnt work before they even have the car running right."

Why that's part of the deal with Dodge.

Ixoye56
10-11-2015, 23:26
All the whining about this game starts to get very tiresome, the game works very well for me since patch 5.0, no major problems at all.

SUBGTRACER
10-11-2015, 23:47
Stuff is plural ...................more than one :) I assume the patch is the other free stuff

SUBGTRACER
10-11-2015, 23:48
All the whining about this game starts to get very tiresome, the game works very well for me since patch 5.0, no major problems at all.

It may work for you and that's good but obviously the people you refer to as whining it isn't working so well for them......... you are whining about people whining !

KkDrummer
11-11-2015, 09:00
it's been confirmed that you will be able to set races by time instead of laps so I am wondering if maybe custom championships are finally here???

chig88
11-11-2015, 10:48

That's great for you, but did you maybe consider that the game doesn't work as well for others?

Back to topic: does the 'Free Throughout 2015' line in the 'Feature Updates' section mean that all new features will be implemented before 2016? Or is that just a best case scenario?

RetroNooB
15-11-2015, 21:36

tbh it does seem to be a common habit among developers nowadays, as a result people do feel short changed, n its about time trading standards stepped in to protect consumers against this practice.

however pcars has improved a lot since release, so im looking forward to all new content especially the possible historic tracks ive heard hints of! :)