PDA

View Full Version : Driving Force GT FFB settings. HELP ME!

Stirling Archer
16-09-2015, 21:45
I purchased a DFGT with G25 pedals and love how they are going so far. However, I cant seem to get any kind of FFB and its really frustrating. Pushing cars is proving to be very difficult. The only indication of understeer and oversteer I get is from the angle of the car on the screen not matching my input... pretty obvious. I also cant seem to map many of the buttons, including the sequential shifter. They just wont register. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

marcdxn
16-09-2015, 22:10
If the drivers are installed and up to date then it should be good to go. When you plug it in does it self calibrate - turn through the wheel lock on its own? If it doesn't do this then plug it into another USB preferable to use USB 2.0 not USB 3.0 and make sure the power brick isnt dead.

There is a test software you can run I think somewhere that tests the ffb of the wheel to be sure its not dead.

Close all active Windows.
Go to Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sounds > Devices and Printers.
Look for Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Wheel. Right-click on it and choose "Game Controller Settings".
Select Logitech Driving Force GT in the "Game Controllers" properties box and click on "Properties".
Check if the wheel is responding under the Test tab. After that, click on "Calibrate".
Follow the calibration utility instructions.
Finish the calibration utility. Check if the wheel correctly behaves in terms of calibration.

poirqc
16-09-2015, 23:43
I purchased a DFGT with G25 pedals and love how they are going so far. However, I cant seem to get any kind of FFB and its really frustrating. Pushing cars is proving to be very difficult. The only indication of understeer and oversteer I get is from the angle of the car on the screen not matching my input... pretty obvious. I also cant seem to map many of the buttons, including the sequential shifter. They just wont register. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

GTsimms (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&p=1102930&viewfull=1#post1102930) did extensive tests with his wheel.

You might try his FFB setup.

Good luck.

konnos
17-09-2015, 09:58
Do you have the Logitech Profiler installed? Is the FFB actually enabled in the setting of the profiler and of course the in-game settings? Is the DFGT selected as the wheel inside Project Cars?

Stirling Archer
18-09-2015, 14:05
If the drivers are installed and up to date then it should be good to go. When you plug it in does it self calibrate - turn through the wheel lock on its own? If it doesn't do this then plug it into another USB preferable to use USB 2.0 not USB 3.0 and make sure the power brick isnt dead.

There is a test software you can run I think somewhere that tests the ffb of the wheel to be sure its not dead.

Close all active Windows.
Go to Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sounds > Devices and Printers.
Look for Logitech Driving Force GT Racing Wheel. Right-click on it and choose "Game Controller Settings".
Select Logitech Driving Force GT in the "Game Controllers" properties box and click on "Properties".
Check if the wheel is responding under the Test tab. After that, click on "Calibrate".
Follow the calibration utility instructions.
Finish the calibration utility. Check if the wheel correctly behaves in terms of calibration.

It does self calibrate when plugged in. I will check to see that the ffb is not dead, and install the Logitec profiler. thanks for the help mate, appreciate it.

Stirling Archer
18-09-2015, 14:09
Do you have the Logitech Profiler installed? Is the FFB actually enabled in the setting of the profiler and of course the in-game settings? Is the DFGT selected as the wheel inside Project Cars?

No profiler installed. Everything else in-game is set up properly though. I will install the profiler and have an update if it works. thanks for the help, really appreciate it.

brownie-uk7
19-09-2015, 17:36
I also recommend searching for gtsimms post. I was in the same boat and the ffb was awful until then.