PDA

View Full Version : Event - A Sunny Supercar Excursion - McLaren P1 Brno

Dekin
16-09-2015, 22:13
Hi guys,

I am new at Project, so sorry if my question sounds newbee: but I have enlisted in the "A Sunny Supercar Excursion" event and am wondering: am I right to think that setup for the car is not accessible? (same setup for everyone and cannot be changed) or is it just that I didn't find it??

The P1 is very twitchy, loads of oversteer under braking, etc. and I have read here and there in this forum that I am not the only one to think so. So if we do have access to car setup I would love to have it! But if we are all on the same boat, stuck with same setup then that is great too as I know I don't have to worry about it...

Also, would anybody know were I can find an onboard video of an McLaren P1 fast lap at Brno? I mean a lap time of 2.00 and 2.02 would be great...

Many thanks for your comments and answers!

havocc
17-09-2015, 10:19
Hi guys,
The P1 is very twitchy, loads of oversteer under braking, etc. and I have read here and there in this forum that I am not the only one to think so. So if we do have access to car setup I would love to have it! But if we are all on the same boat, stuck with same setup then that is great too as I know I don't have to worry about it...

You can change setup from the garage

The default setup of P1 is understeering to the bone, try using traction control, abs and stabilty control, this car has a beast engine...
Underbraking? P1 has the great brakes if you consider it's not a race car.

Dekin
17-09-2015, 19:02
You can change setup from the garage

The default setup of P1 is understeering to the bone, try using traction control, abs and stabilty control, this car has a beast engine...
Underbraking? P1 has the great brakes if you consider it's not a race car.

Ah great to know! if only I had known!! ahah, I finish around 280 but didn't know I could tweak the setup! many thanks! At least I figured out I could use the DRS !

Yeah, my comment was not complete: i find that it oversteers under breaking (I quickly lose the back end), but then understeers like a road going car when entering the corner, so it is tricky to handle...

Great, many thanks for your comment, it will help me a lot for all future events!

simplesimson
23-09-2015, 10:53
Try to drive it with an open diff (0% acc 0 Nm preload). The real one has an open diff, my times got worse, but its more fun to drive.