PDA

View Full Version : Can someone try something for me?

foxy2020
17-09-2015, 11:12
OK so i been getting a bit addicted with this game and just watched a youtube clip of inside sim racing using PS4 X25 time, light cloud 44 AI 5 laps, really cool clip, so i tried it on mine......ermmm... it goes slow with HORRENDOUS screen tearing, its like its slowed down even steering inputs, can someone try this and see if its me?

I'm gutted, not ever going to do 44 AI again but it would pf been cool to of done what someone on youtube is doing with a console...whats gone wrong?
Also if anyone with a PS4 wants to try it and report back then i can see whats going on, i was all set to get a PS4 but googled 'PS4 screen tear' and there's alot of stuff so sticking iht xbox but not too chuffed about this, could inside sim racing get a better version?

Fractured Life
17-09-2015, 12:07
Are they on the PC on the ISR video? I've not seen that one personally but I know a bunch of their vids are on the PC version.

I can run 38 car grids with the GrpA touring cars and it seems fine when weather is static and no time progression. Maybe the x25 kills it modelling the change in conditions?

Bobbydakid
17-09-2015, 12:13
Are they on the PC on the ISR video? I've not seen that one personally but I know a bunch of their vids are on the PC version.

I can run 38 car grids with the GrpA touring cars and it seems fine when weather is static and no time progression. Maybe the x25 kills it modelling the change in conditions?

What track are you running 38 car grids on, and are your lap times the same as if you were hot lapping on your own? As soon as I run grids with 20 or more cars the game feels slower and lap times are slower.

Fractured Life
17-09-2015, 12:33
Most tracks we've done for our league, Watkins Glen, Oulton, Hockenheim, Dubai this week - a few different ones. I've read about the timing being off but I haven't noticed that I'm any slower than a TT lap, usually my qualifying lap is about the same. Occasionally I'll get a little tearing at the start or if its a busy track like Monaco or some of the tight English tracks, but since I cleared all the crap off my HDD, deleted my pCars profile and reinstalled I don't see any slowdown on the big grids. The AI are occasionally dumb with so many but after the first lap the racing is pretty awesome.

I race on pad and wouldn't exactly be the fastest so maybe thats why I don't feel I'm any slower despite the issues I've read others having - but could the FFB and everything that has to be calculated for the wheel contribute to the slowdowns if its fine for me on a pad?

foxy2020
17-09-2015, 12:38

heres the link, was really cool and i got all excited watching video, but then it went down hill from there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzXaiVWCvJg

STEELJOCKEY
18-09-2015, 09:49
They are on PS4, very cool, very early version before all the patches