PDA

View Full Version : What about Alfa Romeo?

NemethR
17-09-2015, 13:26
I just saw the new Giulia Quadrifoglio video on facebook, and that made me think...

We know that Porsche license will not happen, we know that Ferrari would be extremely hard to get, but what about Alfa Romeo?
I never read any post that mentioned this manufacturer, and they truly have a lot of beautiful, and legendary race cars, that would fit into the game.

So I am just wondering why we never heared them mentioned?

havocc
17-09-2015, 13:30
I think you need AC to drive Alfa Romeo and Ferrari

NemethR
17-09-2015, 13:41
I think you need AC to drive Alfa Romeo and Ferrari

But I can't drive AC :D That game is undriveable, for me.

balderz002
17-09-2015, 13:49
But I can't drive AC :D That game is undriveable, for me.

You pay your money, you make your choice - as the saying goes.

I dont think there are ANY Italian cars in PCARS are there?

NemethR
17-09-2015, 13:52
You pay your money, you make your choice - as the saying goes.

I dont think there are ANY Italian cars in PCARS are there?

The 3 Paganis.

I was really just wondering, as I read a lot about Nissan, Mazda, Ferrari, Corvette, Lamborghini, but nothing about Alfa Romeo.
Its not like I WANT that car in the game, but would not say no to them either :)

balderz002
17-09-2015, 13:59
The 3 Paganis.

I thought there was two? Even though i had totally forgotten they were ingame!

Maybe with AC on the scene, getting Italian cars for a smaller company like SMS/WMD, might be a bigger task than folks like EA, Turn10 and Sony?

balderz002
17-09-2015, 14:16
There are other brands, other than Ferrari and Lamborghini to consider.

Like Alfa Romeo, Lancia and Maserati - Each with their own claims to motorsport fame.

And what about some long forgotten names like De Tommaso or OSCA?

But I had better not mention the French Venturi 400GT Le Mans racer as thats totally off topic!

hkraft300
17-09-2015, 14:17
I thought there was two? Even though i had totally forgotten they were ingame!

Zonda R, Huayra and the Cinque Roadster of the Modified Car DLC (I think).

Vennt
17-09-2015, 14:22

Like Alfa Romeo, Lancia and Maserati - Each with their own claims to motorsport fame.

But I had better not mention the French Venturi 400GT Le Mans racer as thats totally off topic!

Long forgotten marques can often be difficult to get licensed, as unlike the larger, current manufacturers the owner(s) of the relevant rights may not have either experience or the will to license out their property, or they may, at worst, still belong to a liquidator who has no interest in doing so.

havocc
17-09-2015, 14:34
Btw i just made some laps at imola with Giulietta QV in AC and i had a nice nap, had to do 3 laps with LaFerrari to wake up... Seriously driving everyday cars on tracks designed for racing cars is like driving in slowmo...

balderz002
17-09-2015, 14:55
Zonda R, Huayra and the Cinque Roadster of the Modified Car DLC (I think).

Whoops! Thought I had got all the DLC when I bought the game on Steam.......... Looks like I have a job on tonight!

balderz002
17-09-2015, 14:57
Long forgotten marques can often be difficult to get licensed, as unlike the larger, current manufacturers the owner(s) of the relevant rights may not have either experience or the will to license out their property, or they may, at worst, still belong to a liquidator who has no interest in doing so.

I guess it all comes down to who actually owns the rights. But it all depends.

NemethR
17-09-2015, 15:09
Btw i just made some laps at imola with Giulietta QV in AC and i had a nice nap, had to do 3 laps with LaFerrari to wake up... Seriously driving everyday cars on tracks designed for racing cars is like driving in slowmo...

Might be, but racing with slower cars is more fun. :)

Schnizz58
17-09-2015, 15:10

I bet a Pantera on 70's tires would be a real handful.

marcdxn
17-09-2015, 15:14
I always thought AC was a very small outfit where did they get the money for the licenses they have?

Cholton82
17-09-2015, 16:33
Being an Alfisti I would love to see Alfa in the game , I should be picking up a new Giulietta Quadrilfoglio Verde early next year ! Can't wait

hdh
17-09-2015, 16:34
I always thought AC was a very small outfit where did they get the money for the licenses they have?

They're Italian, probably enough to get a hefty discount.

Cheesenium
17-09-2015, 17:01

They have a very small team of 18 people compared to 120 for SMS,100-400 for Turn 10, 140 for Polyphony or 50 for R3E. So they save a lot of money on man power in exchange for slower production.

It is likely more money are in licensing while they also get discounts for Italian brands, because they are Italian as there are Italian pride in this game. There aren't any other Italian racing games developer as far as I know. And they had a long relationship with Ferrari which is partly why they got it cheap. Kinda similar to SMS obtained a lot of British license pretty easily.

Plato99
17-09-2015, 18:19
Lancia would snatch your hand off to sell you a licence. They're still paying for all of those resprays in the 70s

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
17-09-2015, 20:57
I always thought AC was a very small outfit where did they get the money for the licenses they have?They're a small Italian company that has done work directly for Ferrari in the past (Ferrari Virtual Academy) and has that inside connection helping them, plus they're currently working on only a single platform vs. 3 of them, which simplifies things further.