PDA

View Full Version : I've had enough now

creepy coupe
17-09-2015, 14:47
Had the game a few week. Nothing but bugs. Second time it won't let me pass a certain load point and I have had to delete all my saved game history.:mad:

Shinzah
17-09-2015, 14:54
Nobody can really assist you with your problems if you wait a week in frustration and make a fairly vague post on the forum about it being broken after this.

TwilightUA
17-09-2015, 14:56
Probably we're playing different games. After 3.0 I have only 1 regular bug (game freezes for a sec when someone joins in progress, with I hope will be fixed in upcoming patches) and a few very rare ones.

Shinzah
17-09-2015, 14:59
Probably we're playing different games. After 3.0 I have only 1 regular bug (game freezes for a sec when someone joins in progress, with I hope will be fixed in upcoming patches) and a few very rare ones.

Since patch 3.0 I have never had any major bug. There has been a few times that formula gulfs in my career season had rain tires equipped on a blistering hot sunny day in dubai for some bizarre reason, but this is all.

balderz002
17-09-2015, 15:05
Second time it won't let me pass a certain load point

Is this, when you get the loading sceen into a race/practice/time trial, it freezes on that screen? with the little timer in the corner suddenly stops going round? but the music still plays?

If it is this, the problem i had, was i was running 32 bit win10, and only using 3 gig of my 8 gig potential. upgraded to win 10 64 gig and its all fine now.

If its not like i described. sorry if you wasted your time reading this post!

creepy coupe
17-09-2015, 15:12
Is this, when you get the loading sceen into a race/practice/time trial, it freezes on that screen? with the little timer in the corner suddenly stops going round? but the music still plays?

If it is this, the problem i had, was i was running 32 bit win10, and only using 3 gig of my 8 gig potential. upgraded to win 10 64 gig and its all fine now.

If its not like i described. sorry if you wasted your time reading this post!

Sorry I should have explained 'm on XBOX ONE and the game keep locking up on the load screen just before the sunrise shot and the cars start running in the opening video. I have to delete all my saved data and start again with nothing.

havocc
17-09-2015, 15:30
*snip*

Shinzah
17-09-2015, 15:31
Sorry I should have explained 'm on XBOX ONE and the game keep locking up on the load screen just before the sunrise shot and the cars start running in the opening video. I have to delete all my saved data and start again with nothing.

Could you set your platform from PC to Xbox One if you are playing on Xbox One? It helps with tracking bug reports and such.

creepy coupe
17-09-2015, 15:49
Could you set your platform from PC to Xbox One if you are playing on Xbox One? It helps with tracking bug reports and such.

Done

beetes_juice
17-09-2015, 16:19
First test would be try offline mode on the box and boot the game. I would do that and report back before moving forward with game deletes/re-installs.

Save any long replays lately?

MrBlacky
17-09-2015, 16:21
All those guys who "don't have encountered any serious bugs". Play the game like it's supposed to be. That doesn't mean 10 laps races in career mode against AI.

Shinzah
17-09-2015, 16:24
All those guys who "don't have encountered any serious bugs". Play the game like it's supposed to be. That doesn't mean 10 laps races in career mode against AI.

I run 100% full length sessions, no restarts against AI as competitive as I am. Most of my races are significantly more than 10 laps. When I decide to do one career event in FC, it's at least an hour of practice, a half hour of qualification, a 20minute race and a 45minute race and takes up the better part of the afternoon.

Slowsley
17-09-2015, 16:42

Can you explain how I can play it properly then? I'm growing concerned over my lack of issues.

MrBlacky
17-09-2015, 18:16
You just have to look through the forums. There are plenty of serious bugs like the tire "dip&flip" bug or camber being completely useless.

Then there is still a problem with jump starts.

And so on...

Play properly is meant as already said. Play online with a full grid and drive the car on the limit. Do races long enough so you have to refuel and change tires... That's how you encounter all these bugs.
Not when playing carreer mode with 10 lap races against a crappy AI.

Slowsley
17-09-2015, 19:19
I run 100% full length sessions, no restarts against AI as competitive as I am. Most of my races are significantly more than 10 laps. When I decide to do one career event in FC, it's at least an hour of practice, a half hour of qualification, a 20minute race and a 45minute race and takes up the better part of the afternoon.

That's how I play too. I have an endurance career as well and do 6 and even full 24 hour races. But, as suggeested, we're not doing it right or we'd have all these bugs.

Shinzah
17-09-2015, 19:39
Play properly is meant as already said. Play online with a full grid and drive the car on the limit. Do races long enough so you have to refuel and change tires... That's how you encounter all these bugs.

I don't online very often. I'd like to, but I use a controller and don't think it'd be fair to my leaguemates because of controller latency, jerkier steering ect. There is nothing improper about me playing career mode.

Also when the AI I play against are capable of WR breaking lap times in races, and the races (as I've already stated) are far more than ten laps, I don't understand what you are trying to say. "I encounter the bugs because I play the game 'properly'" isn't really a valid statement. Perhaps you are playing the game 'improperly' which is why you encounter bugs and others don't.

maurice-pascale
17-09-2015, 20:13
I dont know why but i notice more and more bugs in game after patches, which never happened befor...

I use a T300 wheel (works fine and is 3 month old)

1. Example : i start the game normal and all is wpfine with the wheel, when i am in the main menu the wheel got his norman "Feedback" when i turn it left or right (like normal when it is ON)....then i choose a "random" car and Barcelona as track ( all layouts)..the game starts and i am in the set up menu at the garage (FFB still normal )...then i click to drive on the track and then when the automatic driving changes to self controll, the FFB is totally OFF and without ANY FFB....it feels like i drive this car without an plugged T300 wheel...i cant understand it, because in the menu befor everything worked with the wheel......and when i quit the session the wheel also still works fine in the main menu...

Because of that i must quit the game and reconnect my wheel.....after that it works...but it happens more and more and it is absolute no problem by the wheel, because in the main menu of Pcars all is fine.......

(Happens also on other tracks like Nurburgring GP and Hockenheim) and with cars the same, NO special car for that bug..

2. Example : when i doe sometimes qualify or practice, race it happens that in the middle of playing the game Crashe's...dont know why but it crash without any reason.......and also without choosing a special car.....it happened for me with the RUF RGT8, Audi IMSA 90 GTO, Audi R8...
on tracks like NORDSCHLEIFE and CADWILL PARK...

this thing with the total FFB loose after getting the control for the car after driving first time out of the garage, is absolute new and never happened befor patch 3.0.......the bug with the crashes happened at the release time maybe 1-2 times only and just at the menu and never inside a race or practice......

Maybe someone noticed that....i just wanted to report here thx

MrBlacky
17-09-2015, 20:26
Perhaps you are playing the game 'improperly' which is why you encounter bugs and others don't.
That makes no sense at all.

Bealdor
17-09-2015, 20:40
That makes no sense at all.

Well, it's the same kind of bold statement like your "Play the game properly" one. I'm ~50hrs into my "everything 100%" career (session length and AI 100%, real assists) and I have yet to experience any game breaking bugs. No Dip&Flip bug, no landmine, no wrong tires at pit stops, no setup saving issues.

Of course I'm not denying that those bugs exist and that there are more of them on consoles unfortunately.
But saying that not experiencing those bugs is a result of not playing this game properly is just wrong.

cluck
17-09-2015, 20:49
Isn't one of the fantastic things about Project CARS that it caters for everybody? People who want a career, people who want to drive quick races against AI, people who want to hotlap, people who want to race online in short races or long races. There is no "proper" way to play the game, the game is what you make it.

Are there bugs in the game? Yes. Does everybody experience them? No.

Flaw3dGenius
17-09-2015, 20:53
Had the game a few week. Nothing but bugs. Second time it won't let me pass a certain load point and I have had to delete all my saved game history.:mad:

Stay with it for a couple of more weeks as patch 4.0 should be right around the corner.

Flaw3dGenius
17-09-2015, 20:55

Game seems very different on PC compared to consoles, Had a few conversations with PC players who reckon it runs near flawless however that's far from the case for us console players....We live in hope SMS will make our game the same as the PC version.

I find it amazing that apperently we are playing the game "improperly" if we come across bugs :dejection:

leithnow
17-09-2015, 20:58
Stay with it for a couple of more weeks as patch 4.0 should be right around the corner.

They said by the end of the month didn't they?

Flat_out
17-09-2015, 21:01
They said by the end of the month didn't they?

I would thinks so.That's what usually triggers the Free car and DLC.

TwilightUA
17-09-2015, 21:04
Flaw3dGenius, OP's platform was PC in his profile, so as PC user I left my opinion. He changed it to Xbone later.

Aizcold
17-09-2015, 21:08
I'm on PS4 and hardly ever encounter a bug either. Although some of the people I race with encounter bugs a lot more often. But at the same time some others I race with also rarely encounter bugs. So it's a different story for everyone really. Saying someone should 'play the game properly' so they can encounter bugs is a pretty dumb thing to say if you ask me.

321Respawn
17-09-2015, 21:16
If you want bug free racing you should move over to F1 2015 .....oh wait
-Huge FPS Drop
-No SLI support
-Cut scene after race all scrambled up
-Graphics settings not saving
-Audio Settings not saving
-Controllers settings not saving
-Ghost cars in multiplayer
-Parc ferme setting [off] only works for some people in the lobby
-Timing screens are off
-Certain people crash multiplayer sessions when they joib
-Huge input lag with Logitech G27
-Massive lag online and cars teleporting back and forth..
-When exiting the game APPCRASH (F1 2015 executable has stopped working)
-When exiting the game , black screens
-Game Freeze
-No spray in the rain, and no champaine spray in podium cut scene
-No FFB for wheels and xbox controller (Force Feedback is so light)
-Weird blurry graphics
-Game crashes everytime trying to run a Benchmark test
-Game crashes at the end of the benchmark test
-Controllers Xbox issues
-Wheels issues with deadzone etc..
-Huge FPS Drop on all tracks
-Permanent yellow flags caused by AI in certain spots
-AI completly ignoring blue flags
-Engine permanently overheating
-AI crashes often
-Cars tyres ingame and in replay become invisible
-Cars becomes ghost when braking or when going off track
-Cars becomes ghost when you slow down under 80km/h
-Stuck in 2 gear when exiting the pitlane
-AI are hitting too often the back
-Pitcrew bug
-Multiplayer, game can't seem to understand who is in what position or what the real time differences are. Was hoping for an AI improvement, but they ignore blue flags, attempt to crash you out, or dive off the track and try to undercut you, then you get the penalty for it.
-Cutting corner bug (you can cut a corner with 4 tyres in)
-AI stuck in the pits just outside the pitbox
-AI go nuts around yellow flags and will turn into you
-AI generally will shunt and try to spin you, then penalty for me
-Engineer telling me I will have to save fuel at my current rate despite having +2 and running in normal
-Fuel Status bug
-Game Crashed to desktop after finishing a session (Race,Qualif,Practice)
-Blackscreen after qualifying
-In practice, AI top time switched to being 00.00.00, no split times showing time from fastest lap but in race director previous fastest lap time still listed.

-no drivers in the car when looking through the mirror of a car
-Multiplayer sync bug
-scoreboards bug
-Ai are stuck at the pitlane exit
-Ai are stuck in wall
-Team-mates always pitting on the same lap
-Tire wear won't reset when you restart a session
-AI are stuck in their pitbox
-In race or in replay cars tyres become invisible
-Engineer voice volume is too low we cant hear him
-Engines Sounds should be more louder (internal & external)
-We can pass over a wall (going into sea etc..)
-rev lights on steering wheel don't work correctly
-Game crashes often
-No safety car
-Cars & tyres textures bug
-Multiplayer lobby freeze
-Chat button (press to talk) doesnt work... in multiplayer we can always hear everyone constantly and we cant hear the engine sound or engineer voice
-TAA & SMAA bug when activate (singleplayer and Multiplayer) , the cars become wierd and ghost

-Flashback bug on PC>
When you crash the game turns grey. That is fine.
Problem is that it stays grey after flashbacking.. The grey color only dissapears after restarting the entire game.

Gravit8
17-09-2015, 21:30
Lots of bugs in this game. A simple YouTube search will verify just how many have been documented on replays.
Some people do limit their gameplay to avoid them. It's what I do. Others who try to play everything on offer find them all the time. There is no proper or improper way to play. Just expect bugs if you don't intentionally dumb it down to avoid them.
Don't change settings or save setups to avoid bugs. They grow exponentially worse with each customization of the game.

Or you can just look at the "known issues" thread. Looks a lot like the list above.

MrBlacky
17-09-2015, 22:25
Of course I'm not denying that those bugs exist and that there are more of them on consoles unfortunately.
But saying that not experiencing those bugs is a result of not playing this game properly is just wrong.

The "proper" way for me is playing the game as a simulation, what pcars wants to be.

Don't take me wrong, but I have the strong feeling that most of the bugs are reported by league racers, who play the game a lot. And then there is still a difference in how you play the game.
If you do only hotlapping you will never experience the dip&flip bug for example.

Shinzah
17-09-2015, 22:32
Lots of bugs in this game. A simple YouTube search will verify just how many have been documented on replays.
Some people do limit their gameplay to avoid them. It's what I do. Others who try to play everything on offer find them all the time. There is no proper or improper way to play. Just expect bugs if you don't intentionally dumb it down to avoid them.
Don't change settings or save setups to avoid bugs. They grow exponentially worse with each customization of the game.

Or you can just look at the "known issues" thread. Looks a lot like the list above.

I agree with most of this. But it's not really a matter of limiting play nor playing everything on offer. Surely there is bugs, but bugs depend on circumstance, and the people who encounter them simply encountered the circumstances in which they occur. This isn't about right or wrong ways to play, actually its good for people to find flaws and report them so the product has this chance to be made better. That's really the point. I was being sarcastic when I said "Maybe they are the ones not playing it 'properly'" as the person commenting seemed adament that others not playing the game in his specific way were somehow wrong.

Aizcold
17-09-2015, 23:43
I don't limit my play at all. I play online, career, long races, short races, I save set ups and pit strategies, race lots of different cars and tracks in different weather conditions, basically I use everything the game offers. And in well over a hundred hours of playing I have rarely encountered bugs. I know there are a few bugs that still exist on PS4, and some other guys often I race with seem to encounter them more than I do, but you don't have to limit your play at all to avoid bugs.

I don't know what causes some people to encounter bugs more often than others, but the way you play the game has very little to do with it as far as I can see. I guess you just have to be a bit lucky. It just annoys me when people think they can speak for everyone on a console or whatnot just because they come across more bugs than someone else does.

Fact is, if these bugs were so easy to find, occured equally for everyone and at the same time, then it would be a lot easier to reproduce them for the devs as well and fix them. But unfortunately for some of the known bugs that is not the case and as a result they are rather persistent.

TrevorAustin
17-09-2015, 23:49
You just have to look through the forums. There are plenty of serious bugs like the tire "dip&flip" bug or camber being completely useless.

Then there is still a problem with jump starts.

And so on...

That isn't how the game is 'meant' to be played.

It's meant to be played how you want to play it.

Charger
18-09-2015, 00:02
I think consoles can be just as picky with games as PC's can, I mean they are similar hardware, you could build 2 identical PC's and have them side by side and one may play flawlessy and the other could have bugs.

Manufacturers don't build stuff with 100% QA so things are bound to go wrong, consoles are bound to differ slightly so sometimes it may be the console and not the game, I mean if all consoles are equal then all consoles would suffer the same bugs wouldn't they but they don't?

Lukeymonster
18-09-2015, 00:07
I'm sorry you're running into issues. Mine is running as smooth as a baby's bottom.

Charger
18-09-2015, 00:12
So is mine on PC lol.

F1Aussie
18-09-2015, 01:08
Game seems very different on PC compared to consoles, Had a few conversations with PC players who reckon it runs near flawless however that's far from the case for us console players....We live in hope SMS will make our game the same as the PC version.

I find it amazing that apperently we are playing the game "improperly" if we come across bugs :dejection:

I run it on pc and have never had any stability issues whatsoever, best game i have ever played

Angst1974
18-09-2015, 01:09
I'm sorry you're running into issues. Mine is running as smooth as a baby's bottom.

Yes, same here, nothing too major, just ran a 2h endurance race tonight even.

Remember for every problem you see posted on the forum there are probably 50, 100+ people who don't have a problem, most people who are happy don't bother to say anything at all.

creepy coupe
18-09-2015, 06:54
First test would be try offline mode on the box and boot the game. I would do that and report back before moving forward with game deletes/re-installs.

Save any long replays lately?

Hi beetes. I have tried offline play and it has made no difference. I did save a reply of around 5 laps = 20 mins the other day. However the first time it happened I had none saved.

creepy coupe
18-09-2015, 06:58

I love the game. It just frustrates me. What would you say is the best way to load the patch/ make sure it's loaded?

Robhd
18-09-2015, 07:01
Mine is running real smoooooottttthhhhhhhh!

Elmo
18-09-2015, 07:06
I love the game. It just frustrates me. What would you say is the best way to load the patch/ make sure it's loaded?

With upcoming patch (4.0) the version number will be displayed in the main menu, so people know that the patch was installed.

creepy coupe
18-09-2015, 07:23
With upcoming patch (4.0) the version number will be displayed in the main menu, so people know that the patch was installed.

What do you call "main menu" what you can set your preference within the game?

Elmo
18-09-2015, 07:30
The screen that says RACE CENTRAL in the top left.

The version number will be in the bottom left corner of it.

creepy coupe
18-09-2015, 07:31

Many thanks Elmo.

beetes_juice
18-09-2015, 17:40
Hi beetes. I have tried offline play and it has made no difference. I did save a reply of around 5 laps = 20 mins the other day. However the first time it happened I had none saved.

A 20 minute replay should be fine, if your able to reach the replay menu may want to delete that replay and test out. Some players have tried to save long replays which can result in a corrupt replay file and that can cause some major issues with the game.

If I'm not mistaken offline should have loaded your game save from the internal HD rather then the cloud save. I would take this with a grain of salt but it may be your game save . I would troubleshoot more before deleting any game saves.

Your posts are low and everyone in here will have heard this already but: Have you done a hard reboot lately? Always on mode enabled?

creepy coupe
21-09-2015, 08:35

No evidence of this on my RACE CENTRAL screen ?

Bealdor
21-09-2015, 08:40
No evidence of this on my RACE CENTRAL screen ?

The patch is not out yet for XB1.

Vennt
21-09-2015, 08:45
Just checked my PS4 after updating, it's very faint text and should say:

V01.00.1088

creepy coupe
21-09-2015, 12:46
The patch is not out yet for XB1.

Bealdor. Not any of the patches?

Bealdor
21-09-2015, 12:49
Bealdor. Not any of the patches?

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

The patch is out on for PC worldwide and on PS4 in Europe and Asia AFAIK. It's not out on XB1 at all yet.

cluck
21-09-2015, 12:53
Bealdor. Not any of the patches?The version number feature has only been added in Patch 4.0 which is not out on XBOX yet. Microsoft have passed it so it should arrive SMSoon™ :)

creepy coupe
21-09-2015, 13:06
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

The patch is out on for PC worldwide and on PS4 in Europe and Asia AFAIK. It's not out on XB1 at all yet.

You have answered my question thanks. Will their be one for the Xbox One

Sankyo
21-09-2015, 13:15
You have answered my question thanks. Will their be one for the Xbox One
If you mean whether patch 4.0 will come for XBox then yes, the patch notes have already been posted.

creepy coupe
21-09-2015, 13:17
If you mean whether patch 4.0 will come for XBox then yes, the patch notes have already been posted.

Thank you.

LordDRIFT
21-09-2015, 13:31

PS4 user here. I only play career. 47% regular 1% endurance. I have experienced bugs in almost ever session of gameplay. As a matter of fact I have yet to complete an endurance event due to bugs. That said I've only played the game once since 3.0.

Don't dismiss other peoples grievances because you don't have any.

creepy coupe
21-09-2015, 13:57
PS4 user here. I only play career. 47% regular 1% endurance. I have experienced bugs in almost ever session of gameplay. As a matter of fact I have yet to complete an endurance event due to bugs. That said I've only played the game once since 3.0.

Don't dismiss other peoples grievances because you don't have any.

Indeed. I was kicked out of an endurance race about 2 laps from the end because of a bug. It put me back to last place and stopped counting down. 40 minutes of racing for nothing.