PDA

View Full Version : God Bless FM6

Del Zotto x82x
17-09-2015, 16:58
Since the release of Forza 6 I have fallen in love with PCARS all over again. Thank You Turn 10... The more I attempt to play Forza, the more I realize how brilliant PCARS truly is. The tyre model and handling is top notch and the raw sounds of the cars roaring down the circuit is sweet music to my ears. Even the FFB which was heavily questioned at release, is second to none. Not to mention the beautiful graphics, PCARS is an amazing Simulation of Racing and I thank Forza for reminding me of this.. SMS really have a lot to be proud of and I am thankful for the decision to bring true Sim-Racing to the consoles. Now if we could only get an Oval.... haha ;)

- ps. I paid $100 for the Ultimate Edition so I was looking forward to the release of Forza and I am not trying to start the whole Forza vs. PCARS argument.. I simply wanted to have my feelings heard as I haven't always been complimentary of SMS..

Shinzah
17-09-2015, 17:06
Someone tell Ian that here's his Turn 10 post he was expecting in the Turn 1 thread ;)

Seriously though, I'm glad for this.

TMoney
17-09-2015, 17:10
It's like they're for two different target audiences. Forza for the car enthusiast, pCars for the racing enthusiast.

MAARTEN
17-09-2015, 17:11
Haven't tested Forza 6 as i don't own a Xbox but for me it's enough of looking at it. It looks really great but the handling is very arcade.
Maybe the arcade feeling is what the developers had in mind with Forza 6 to please the fans but for me i want a racing sim like Pcars, i just love it!

FS7
17-09-2015, 17:15
It's like they're for two different target audiences. Forza for the car enthusiast, pCars for the racing enthusiast.
Agreed.
I liked FM4 and I'm loving PCars but I think both games were named wrong.

Project Cars should had been called Project Racing.
Forza Motorsport should had been called Forza Car Enthusiast.

wolfscastle
17-09-2015, 17:23
FM 6? Its a very big and nice Graphic Demonstration...thats all!

All real Motorsport features are missing....still the same at last 7 Years!

Del Zotto x82x
17-09-2015, 17:39
When I say "attempt to play Forza 6", I truly mean "attempt".. I use the Tx wheel, and after 5 minutes I always find myself thinking, what the heck was Turn 10 thinking when creating the handling and tyre model and they truly couldn't be happy with the results.. I mean who tests these things.. With such a big bank roll, you'd think they'd have the man power with the minds to create something a lil more stable.. What SMS were able to create with a fraction of Turn 10's budget is truly amazing. Takes heart and pride and I appreciate that. I expected much more from Turn 10 and everyday I've owned FM6 I've looked for every lil' reason to justify the $100 I spent.. It's not something I enjoy doing.

nhraracer
17-09-2015, 17:43
I enjoy both and don't feel the need to speak badly about either one!

Angst1974
17-09-2015, 17:55
but does Forza have oval tracks ?

nhraracer
17-09-2015, 17:55
but does Forza have oval tracks ?

Indy and Daytona.

Del Zotto x82x
17-09-2015, 17:59

That's great.. I hold nothing against those who enjoy Forza 6.. Different strokes for different folks. I think it's cool that you came here and said how you feel without being offended one way or the other.. Wish there was more of that. No need to get offended and go back and forth with a war of words. Were all here for the same reason and a healthy discussion about our "hobby" is great.

Giom
17-09-2015, 18:04
For me it was GranTurismo and nothing else, then came Forza and blew me away, but I need no more after PCars. The little niglies here and there one can handle - for the racing is great and challenging... the way it should be.

k.merse
17-09-2015, 18:08
I need all of PCars' issues to be fixed, and I can ignore any other racing game in the future :)
Seriously, somehow I never liked Forza. I was OK with GT, but somehow the X-Box title just didn't feel like I'm driving a car....

jsydave
17-09-2015, 18:12
After much agonising I decided last weekend to get the Ultimate edition of FM6 and I have to say I'm loving it. Much as I loved my early plays of PCars. I think that if I hadn't stopped playing when I found that I couldn't race the Endurance series I entered because of now-fixed tyre bugs then there is no reason I'd have got Forza. The goodwill and pleasure I'd built up became frustration at not being able to carry on the path I'd started so after I got patched up and started again I just had less patience for the experience. I think now it'll take something brand new to get me back to PCars - something like ovals for example.

Forza just serves me well. It's more fun at the moment. I do wish they had the racing experience of SMS's baby though which is why I'm still attached to both.

Del Zotto x82x
17-09-2015, 18:18
Here's the thing, I think you all are right.. Forza and Gran Turismo go after a certain type of player. We4 all have similar interest in cars but Project CARS set new standards in the industry because it's a completely different type of game for a particular type of Racer.. A casual player can play Forza and really enjoy it right of way. With PCARS, I would say there is more of a learning curve and some don't appreciate that. I don't think one is "better" than the other because they belong in two separate categories. Two different games as someone stated earlier.

Del Zotto x82x
17-09-2015, 18:27
Oh, another big thing I didn't mention.. FM6s handling is good with a controller. I don't particularly enjoy racing with a controller but those who do, are much more likely to love FM6. PCARS, although I've not tested with a controller since patch 3.0 released, imo, was built more with the wheel in mind. I doubt anyone from SMS would ever admit to that but I dunno, the PCARS experience didn't feel all that great with a controller when tested. And that's what it truly when using a wheel, the PCARS Experience! PCARS is an animal to be reckoned with. So, as I stated before, different strokes for different folks and both have there qualities and faults.

PTG Baby Cow
17-09-2015, 18:29
When I say "attempt to play Forza 6", I truly mean "attempt".. I use the Tx wheel, and after 5 minutes I always find myself thinking, what the heck was Turn 10 thinking when creating the handling and tyre model and they truly couldn't be happy with the results.. I mean who tests these things.. With such a big bank roll, you'd think they'd have the man power with the minds to create something a lil more stable.. What SMS were able to create with a fraction of Turn 10's budget is truly amazing. Takes heart and pride and I appreciate that. I expected much more from Turn 10 and everyday I've owned FM6 I've looked for every lil' reason to justify the $100 I spent.. It's not something I enjoy doing.

I am doubting forza physics truly are your issue i think it has more to do with the wheel intergration and lack of a proper ffb system.

Del Zotto x82x
17-09-2015, 18:39
I am doubting forza physics truly are your issue i think it has more to do with the wheel intergration and lack of a proper ffb system.

You put it perfectly. I think we all, who use wheels, are struggling with this issue.. I enjoyed Forza for a lot of years and I hope they correct these problems..

nhraracer
17-09-2015, 18:43
You put it perfectly. I think we all, who use wheels, are struggling with this issue.. I enjoyed Forza for a lot of years and I hope they correct these problems..

If your using a tx in fm6 try 900 degrees rotation, 80 vibration and 60\70 on ffb. When at 100 all the little ffb effects are drowned out by to much wheel tension. I did this and ffb and physics feel very natural to me.

Del Zotto x82x
17-09-2015, 18:47
If your using a tx in fm6 try 900 degrees rotation, 80 vibration and 60\70 on ffb. When at 100 all the little ffb effects are drowned out by to much wheel tension. I did this and ffb and physics feel very natural to me.

Ill give it a shot.. I love variety and as much as I love PCARS there's nothing wrong with having more options. When I want sim, I know where to go but when I just wanna mess around, drift and have fun that way, I'd love to be able to turn 2 Forza..

btw, cruising with the new dlc cars in PCARS is an absolute blast.. The Mustang Fast-Back is a beast.

nhraracer
17-09-2015, 19:11
Ill give it a shot.. I love variety and as much as I love PCARS there's nothing wrong with having more options. When I want sim, I know where to go but when I just wanna mess around, drift and have fun that way, I'd love to be able to turn 2 Forza..

btw, cruising with the new dlc cars in PCARS is an absolute blast.. The Mustang Fast-Back is a beast.

Yep. I love all the cars in pcars. I am a drag racer at heart and i have owned a 66 gt fastback in real life and the car gave me much pleasure! Must have 250 time slips from the local dragstrip sitting in my desk. lol. I have all the sim racing games on pc as well as owning a ps4 and and xbox one. lol. Pcars is probably my favorite of them all, but i enjoy the progression system that Forza has. That is the only thing missing for me in pcars is the feeling of progression.

balderz002
17-09-2015, 19:28
I was, like alot of you guys, a fan of most of the racing games at one stage or another. I only properly picked up the Forza series on the 3rd one. Loved it to bits, played it to death. Same with 4. But having looked at the car lists for 5 and 6, even though Turn10 love to wax lyrical (love that saying, its so stupid!) about the selection of cars, I see their inclusions getting worse in every title since 4. Just my opinion. I can't comment on the ffb or handling physics as I'm only a lowly controller user, and like I said, I've not played it since 4.

AdM1
17-09-2015, 19:31
People who say Forza is arcade clearly have never played Need For Speed lol.

None the less both Forza and Project Cars are 2 different games, everyone has different tastes so it's really not that big a deal you like one more over the other etc.

PPPMAT
17-09-2015, 19:56
Pcars is like that annoying high maintenance girlfriend who happens to be amazing in bed. When it's good it's really good. Forza is the pretty girlfriend who is ok in bed but won't upset your mum. I have an Xbox so I'll take both ta (smug mode)

AdM1
17-09-2015, 19:59
Pcars is like that annoying high maintenance girlfriend who happens to be amazing in bed. When it's good it's really good. Forza is the pretty girlfriend who is ok in bed but won't upset your mum. I have an Xbox so I'll take both ta (smug mode)

Haha brilliant analogy tbf.

Del Zotto x82x
17-09-2015, 20:08
I like all the civil discussion that's going on without the fanboy war anytime Forza and PCARS are brought into the same thread.. Progress..

DECATUR PLAYA
17-09-2015, 21:13
I like all the civil discussion that's going on without the fanboy war anytime Forza and PCARS are brought into the same thread.. Progress..

This has been a rather civil discussion. I think now that Forza is actually out people can actually see that the 2 games are just completely different in what they offer. Forza is going to sell lots of copies but it's not sim racing. However they did stay loyal to they're fanbase you got to respect that.

Del Zotto x82x
17-09-2015, 21:20
This has been a rather civil discussion. I think now that Forza is actually out people can actually see that the 2 games are just completely different in what they offer. Forza is going to sell lots of copies but it's not sim racing. However they did stay loyal to they're fanbase you got to respect that.

If anything it shows it's possible..

BlueFin175
17-09-2015, 21:21
I've got both games now (controller only) and have been playing FM6 for the last few days. I'm finding the FM6 UI to be slick and polished, everything seemingly works fine in that regard, it looks good but I have to say I don't think the actual racing graphics are any better at all than PC, infact in a lot cases somewhat worse to my aged eye. The rain with puddles is novel and fun I have to say, well done if not realistic. Lack of dynamic weather and time of day though certainly lets the game down when one has been spoiled so by PC in that regard.

Where I struggle is with the FM6 physics models and the controller implementation. Too little options, certainly lacking in FFB through the controller. The braking in the early volumes with the street cars is diabolical .. lol All or nothing, trying to gently trail brake is all but impossible for me at least because of the lack of controller sensitivity options. No speed sensitivy, no custom button config etc. Makes one very appreciative for what SMS have managed with PC.

The engine audio in FM6 is another problem for me in that I cannot hear myself think let alone hear my own cars engine tone/note .. lol. Sure it sounds great, but makes it a real challenge for me when I am so used to using that to change gears. Otherwise it's a great game, some of the fantasy tracks are really fun to drive flat out, especially in the Alps, Rio, Prague .. lol Damned Cable Car distractions !

I am sure I will enjoy both games for what they are and what they represent, however I will always .. always come back to PC for my actual racing fix.

Del Zotto x82x
17-09-2015, 21:28
One thing Forza also might have done, is take all the complainers away from the PCARS Forum.. And we sure as heck seen a lot of them when PCARS was first released but since FM6 has been out, it's been rather quite in the complaint department on the forums as far as I can tell.. Could be that, or it could simply be that there is less to complain about since the release of patch 3.0

Haiden
17-09-2015, 21:57
I gave the demo a shot, but the FFB was what turned me off. I'll try nhraracer's suggestion for FFB settings this weekend and see if that makes a difference. I don't think the graphics are as good as PCars, but that's not really a deal breaker, because they're just different games. But if the wheel doesn't feel good, then I really have no incentive to change wheel bases for Xb1.

Zeke Bewlay
17-09-2015, 22:57
Not played Forza but was a big GT fan. Now that I have PCARS not sure I could be bothered going back to battling in pissy road cars to earn money to get decent cars in the GT gaming model.

Mr.Smoke
18-09-2015, 00:48
Not played Forza but was a big GT fan. Now that I have PCARS not sure I could be bothered going back to battling in pissy road cars to earn money to get decent cars in the GT gaming model.

Im with you 100% on that. While that gaming model provides a sense of progression, its extremely tedious. We have been truly spoiled by SMS with this game, despite the issues here & there.

Ian Bell
18-09-2015, 01:22
It's great to read all of these positives guys.

Then I read the comments at places like Eurogamer and see a lot of 'pCARS is crap on the consoles'...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-vs-forza-motorsport-6?utm_source=eurogamer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=net-daily

Aizcold
18-09-2015, 01:31

Then I read the comments at places like Eurogamer and see a lot of 'pCARS is crap on the consoles'...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-vs-forza-motorsport-6?utm_source=eurogamer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=net-daily

Didn't anyone ever tell you to never read the comments? :D

c172fccc
18-09-2015, 01:40

The game is far from being "crap on consoles", but I undestand why some people hate it, even if I personally love it.

hkraft300
18-09-2015, 01:50

Just had a read of that article Ian. The only thing the author seems to concentrate on are graphics and a bit of content (mostly Forza 5 vs 6). It's funny how much emphasis is given in the article to FM6 for its day/night/wet transitions but judging by screenshots, it looks like amateur hour over at Turn 10. Like they're a few months behind the ball game as I've been enjoying more and better dynamic environment/time/weather visuals in pCars for months now.
To be fair, haven't played 6 but spent plenty of time in 5. It's tire model was all so hyped up but well, Lolz to that after playing pCars. Thanks for finally enlightening console gamers with a real driving simulator ;)

Shinzah
18-09-2015, 01:57
A lot of this type of thing is going to happen and was always bound to happen with this game. Everyone should have seen it coming.

The fact is, for some time Forza and Gran Turismo and their respective first party developers ran the show in town. EA and Codemasters are the only Third Parties that even bothered to show up (In a meaningful sense, sorry Black Bean et al), and EA pretty much dropped out of the game when their engine got too old and they didn't want to bother updating it anymore so they make mainly need for speed stuff now.

Even though SMS was involved with EA, a lot of people also don't like EA (or had something against Shift in particular) and with all those axes to grind, a crowdfunded third party game came onto this scene and shook things up. So there will be vocal opinions about that.

Once people get into the game, or the problems get sorted, or even maybe until the sequel is released and they realize this is a contending IP now, people will begin to change their songs. Don't give too much thought to this. It's just negativity for negativism sake. This is interesting to me for it's social and cultural impact, but the average user should be more focused on not this negativity but the positives. Don't be brought down by the failings of others to find better meaning in their lives than to post drivel on the internet.

hkraft300
18-09-2015, 02:11
Ye mate. PCars is a revelation. It's a niche market and not a lot of people will understand what it's about. most console gamers are happy with pretty graphics and lots of... Stuff...
Apples to oranges. Different demographic and all that.
Graphics is a small part of a game. Sure, in this age of big uHD screens in every house a game needs to look pretty. PCars has depth: just consider the setup website/ 3rd party app support/ strategy calculator work being put in by the likes of JimmyB, Jussi K and so many others.

There are many people kicking up a stink on this forum about bug fixes, raging and what not. It's because they love this game and want it to be all it can be. Glass half full, my friend.

Shinzah
18-09-2015, 02:17
Half full, half empty. Half filled, half drained.

For me it's arbitrary. The cup presumably has something in it, and then another volume of something else. What defines empty space? If even in "empty space" as we know it, the cup is still completely filled by *something* and even so, does the cup actually exist? Is the cup a tangible object? Can a theoretical object be a tangible object? Of course, there is the school of thought that all thoughts are tangible in some sense and as such, the cup absolutely exists but what is it filled with to begin with? Was it half filled with nothing and then what defines the rest of the space?

This, is perhaps way too introspective and philosophical and especially off topic for this thread, apologies!

http://generator-meme.com/inc/media/memes/philosoraptor.jpg

hkraft300
18-09-2015, 02:21
^ lol

"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead, only try to realise the truth."

c172fccc
18-09-2015, 02:22
most console gamers are happy with pretty graphics and lots of... Stuff...

I don't think that's really the problem. The thing is that Forza can appeal to a lot of more people. I think some expected to buy a Forza when buying Project CARS. People who only like customization or making liveries or drifting or taking screenshots or road cars or "easy" plug and play, probably won't be enjoying Project CARS very much.

Shinzah
18-09-2015, 02:25
^ lol

It's dark matter. True story.

What is dark matter? Does dark matter exist in a thought? Who made the thought.....?

I don't think that's really the problem. The thing is that Forza can appeal to a lot of more people. I think some expected to buy a Forza when buying Project CARS. People who only like customization or making liveries or drifting or taking screenshots or road cars or "easy" plug and play, probably won't be enjoying Project CARS very much.

Truth: There is a lot to enjoy for everyone in games they wish to enjoy ^^;
Not to be the "Let's all just get a long" guy, but it's true. Everything has its place in the world, and why not?

Edit:

^ lol

"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead, only try to realise the truth."

There is no spoon. Bend the world around the spoon. That is the key to the illusion.

gp20
18-09-2015, 02:48

You just leave the restaurant?

Could you tell us a little bit what comes with the last download?

Flaw3dGenius
18-09-2015, 02:58
Been a Forza fan from the very beginning! Sadly no longer as it's all about the "450 cars" even though their motto for 5 was QUALITY NOT QUANTITY, The series has been on a downward spiral now for years!

I just hope SMS dont fall into the same trap T10 did as they tried to make Forza into GT (due to the sales) and it has not worked, They dont get anyhwere near the sales of GT and now they have n extremely watered down version of Forza with weird physics.

Problem i see in the coming months right enough is SMS trying to turn PCARS into Forza the same way T10 tried to be PD, DLC seems to be bringing more and more road cars into the game and i would put money on PCars 2 putting ALOT more road cars into the game. Hope im wrong but i honestly think SMS now have thier eyes set on the Forza players and sales and while that might be good for them money wise if they can pull it off im sure it will dilute the game for us. Really hope im wrong but we will see in the coming months and coming years,............

edit: Just seen Mad Mike with his stupid drift machine tweeting about seeing his car in PCars...Yep more fuel to the fire SMS will go after the hordes instead of doing what they do best.

Shinzah
18-09-2015, 03:04
SMS have their eyes set on the entire big picture. No doubt there will be roadcar content, many fans of driving games want road cars (in addition there are several more SMS has already licensed that are missing ;) )

But they are not going to turn away from the bread and butter racing cars of the title, do not even worry about that. There should and hopefully will be many, many more racing cars coming for the game. Also there probably won't ever be some tuning or such stuff nor will there be some car collecting aspect and whatever else. Project Cars is its own game, and as the first in the IP it needs to explore all facets it can in order to find out what works.

Rest assured there is more coming for everyone. SMS is not going to turn into Turn 10 with dodgy business practices and upselling (especially upselling horrendously overpriced DLC) and pcars2 is highly unlikely to be some open world mess.

Nor will they turn into PD with cold calculated car museum and collecting aspects.

They won't be Codemasters and ignore the community.

And they are trying hard not to be EA, and intend to support the title with updates and dlc for some time (and as there is much content licensed already not appearing yet, and much more licensed probably in secret, you can expect so much more in the future if they deliver.)

Edit:

edit: Just seen Mad Mike with his stupid drift machine tweeting about seeing his car in PCars...Yep more fuel to the fire SMS will go after the hordes instead of doing what they do best.

The point of the on demand content is to sculpt your own experience. This is optional stuff you don't need to partake in. Nor do you need to express negativity towards another demographic who may want this. Do you want this title and this IP to succeed? Of course you do! right?! And if you want it to succeed, it needs to appeal to lots of people at once! So don't be offended needlessly at the content they put out when it doesn't fit what *you* want! It's no point. That's the real "fuel for the fire.". Don't fall into that trap, it's stupid.

Lukeymonster
18-09-2015, 03:23
The biggest gripe I have with forza 6 is you can't setup a custom race at all. Free play is the same, mixing gt cars with track day monsters and such. In private multiplayer, which was always my go to for custom races, you can only race 5 ai per one player. So if you want to do a full solo get field or a mixed class race, there is no way to do it in forza 6. I guess to get to gt, touring car and v8 super car races I'll have to grind single player. I won't be surprised if when I eventually get there they will only be around 5 lap races as the career races so far are in true Turn 10 fashion, short as hell with no option to set your own distance.

It has some positives and I still enjoy some of it, but I enjoy all of project cars. Project Cars is by far a passionate racing game which will always matter to me.

TrevorAustin
18-09-2015, 03:23
Haven't tested Forza 6 as i don't own a Xbox but for me it's enough of looking at it. It looks really great but the handling is very arcade.
Maybe the arcade feeling is what the developers had in mind with Forza 6 to please the fans but for me i want a racing sim like Pcars, i just love it!
You haven't played it but the handling is very arcade:)

While you are probably right that is just the sort of statement about pcars everybody gets wound up about, lol.

Flaw3dGenius
18-09-2015, 03:26
The point of the on demand content is to sculpt your own experience. This is optional stuff you don't need to partake in. Nor do you need to express negativity towards another demographic who may want this. Do you want this title and this IP to succeed? Of course you do! right?! And if you want it to succeed, it needs to appeal to lots of people at once! So don't be offended needlessly at the content they put out when it doesn't fit what *you* want! It's no point. That's the real "fuel for the fire.". Don't fall into that trap, it's stupid.

Last count of sales was over 1 million, This hardcore sim has insanely exceeded ;) (chanes are it's close to 2 million now???) No other hardcore sim comes close to those sales right?

My point still stands trying to be the jack of all trades will take away from being the master! I've seen it way to many times over the years in gaming......

Ian Bell
18-09-2015, 03:50
Just had a read of that article Ian. The only thing the author seems to concentrate on are graphics and a bit of content (mostly Forza 5 vs 6). It's funny how much emphasis is given in the article to FM6 for its day/night/wet transitions but judging by screenshots, it looks like amateur hour over at Turn 10. Like they're a few months behind the ball game as I've been enjoying more and better dynamic environment/time/weather visuals in pCars for months now.
To be fair, haven't played 6 but spent plenty of time in 5. It's tire model was all so hyped up but well, Lolz to that after playing pCars. Thanks for finally enlightening console gamers with a real driving simulator ;)

Yes, I was referring specifically to the user comments. I read things like 'crap on console' and wonder what we need to do next.

Ian Bell
18-09-2015, 03:53
You just leave the restaurant?

Could you tell us a little bit what comes with the last download?

None of your business! (the restaurant part).

You're getting a lot of things that you asked for basically. :)

leithnow
18-09-2015, 03:56
Some one took screen shots of the patch notes on PS4 and posted them here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39372-Update-4-0-is-out/page3

Looks like good work

Cheesenium
18-09-2015, 03:56
Problem i see in the coming months right enough is SMS trying to turn PCARS into Forza the same way T10 tried to be PD, DLC seems to be bringing more and more road cars into the game and i would put money on PCars 2 putting ALOT more road cars into the game.

I dont know how is SMS adding more road cars to the game.

The first 2 DLC are race cars focused with all cars in the DLCs being race cars while adding 2 new LMP900 and GT1 race class and expanding existing classes like GT3 and 90s Trans Am. The only road cars added are the free cars.

The third DLC, Old vs New essentially added 3 race cars with 3 road cars, because BMW2002 and Mustang 66 is essentially put in the racing touring class with Escort and 300SL despite they are road cars. Some touring cars back in the 60s does not have extensive racing trimmings.

The upcoming DLC also seemed to be 100% race cars centric with more LMP, GT3 and a new classic GT class. Even the free car is a race car that will probably compete Aston Matrin DB3.

How is the game adding more road cars when majority of the content are race cars? Especially when the game's core car list is also mostly concentrated on race cars.

Road cars arent unsuitable for the game, there are quite a few interesting cars that SMS added into the game that made them extremely fun to play. They add to the variety of content that the game strongly pushed on as each sub class of road cars offers very different driving sensation.

For me, road cars are fantastic change of pace after a few rounds of touring, GT or prototype because I find racing with road cars to be on a more relaxing pace than pure racing cars. It is good fun too, like how almost each Road A is an interesting unique beast in different ways.

Drifting is still a motorsport discipline which I do not see whats wrong with adding that content to pCARS. SMS is exactly doing their best as usual where they exploit potentially popular content to be added into their game. Drifting is one of the newer motorsports disciplines that could be huge in near future while offering a different gameplay and rules to what we are used to now. In the mean time, I do think drifting will be a great content to expand to change the perception on pCARS being too Euro centric as it is a sport that is more popular in America and Asia while possibly bringing more Asian cars into the game.

As they said, one man's meat is another man's poison. I never enjoyed drifting much but I wont say that they should not add drift content to the game. Or claim that they are pandering towards the masses because drifting isnt my cup of tea. I know a lot of racing fans are looking for drifting in racing games, this could be perfect opportunity to bring in more pcars fans with proper 1000bhp drift machines in pcars.

I just sort of hope that we will get a drift setup and also a racing setup despite these cars arent exactly designed to be driven in straight lines. I dont mind running some time attack-esque races in pcars with these unstable machines.

Ian Bell
18-09-2015, 03:57
Been a Forza fan from the very beginning! Sadly no longer as it's all about the "450 cars" even though their motto for 5 was QUALITY NOT QUANTITY, The series has been on a downward spiral now for years!

I just hope SMS dont fall into the same trap T10 did as they tried to make Forza into GT (due to the sales) and it has not worked, They dont get anyhwere near the sales of GT and now they have n extremely watered down version of Forza with weird physics.

Problem i see in the coming months right enough is SMS trying to turn PCARS into Forza the same way T10 tried to be PD, DLC seems to be bringing more and more road cars into the game and i would put money on PCars 2 putting ALOT more road cars into the game. Hope im wrong but i honestly think SMS now have thier eyes set on the Forza players and sales and while that might be good for them money wise if they can pull it off im sure it will dilute the game for us. Really hope im wrong but we will see in the coming months and coming years,............

That is something we won't do. We want to set the standards, not follow them. We were making GTR years before Forza was anything more than a notion in an executive's head.

We've hit the market with the most detailed physics ever to hit consoles (believe me, I know) and we've delivered on a fully dynamic time of day and weather system. This is our opening salvo.

We have shaken the incumbents, the big boys. I have enough people close to the action in 'other places' to know how we're being perceived.

leithnow
18-09-2015, 04:05
That is something we won't do. We want to set the standards, not follow them. We were making GTR years before Forza was anything more than a notion in an executive's head.

We've hit the market with the most detailed physics ever to hit consoles (believe me, I know) and we've delivered on a fully dynamic time of day and weather system. This is our opening salvo.

We have shaken the incumbents, the big boys. I have enough people close to the action in 'other places' to know how we're being perceived.

Wishing you the best. PCARS is ambitious, so a rocky start is too be expected. But I think you guys are finding your footing alright and it seems like you're dedicated to making the product solid, probably quite a bit more so than forza or gran turismo. So, I think you'll have the market by the balls by the time Pcars 2 is released. No one else seems as ambitious or dedicated as I've come to think you guys are.

Mr.Smoke
18-09-2015, 04:36
Yes, I was referring specifically to the user comments. I read things like 'crap on console' and wonder what we need to do next.

What you guys need to do next is keep up the good work!! This game truly is something else. Console gamers (like me) have never experienced a sim like this & those of us who have been wanting one for ages, finally have it. Thank you!!

Shinzah
18-09-2015, 04:50
Last count of sales was over 1 million, This hardcore sim has insanely exceeded ;) (chanes are it's close to 2 million now???) No other hardcore sim comes close to those sales right?

My point still stands trying to be the jack of all trades will take away from being the master! I've seen it way to many times over the years in gaming......

Remember that while great, one or two million isn't the goal against first party developers. Project Cars wants to compete with the big boys, and it wants to move big boys numbers and that is going to take just a bit more.

That means going where one or the other demographics do not like as a necessity of both business and content.

Project Cars will not be the jack, it aims to be the masterful ace. It might not reach it with this incarnation, but this is just the beginning of this IP and there is going to be much more in the future.

It's fairly obvious this perception is threatening to a lot of people. Most of the detractor vitriol is coming from a place of fear. Fear of change this title brings, and fear of quality surpassing the establishment.

You and your staff know I am not the type to be a blinded fanboy and nor am I the type to shy away from (due) criticism, as should most of the WMD members frequenting here. If there is one company I have truly come to believe in, it is yours sir. Head down and keep rocking this dream for all it is worth (so much already to many, and casting fear and doubt into the hearts of others who now see that maybe...maybe there was better after all.)

http://i.imgur.com/ysOMkSq.jpg

Vit7
18-09-2015, 05:01
That is something we won't do. We want to set the standards
You already did.. simply ignore whiners.

hkraft300
18-09-2015, 05:01

It's difficult with a controller (no matter how good the base settings are or whether you're using motion/ controller/ wheel the learning curve is steep. It's not just a pick up and play game, and many console gamers expect a Forza/GT/NFS. My 10-year-old sister's friend recently got himself a PS4 and a copy of pCars... Just, please Ian, don't dumb it down...
XB1 version of the game seemed to be the most temperamental to put it nicely - whether that's a XB1 hardware struggling with pCars problem is another discussion.
TBH Forza is terrible with a game pad. The steering response is so slow.
Now someone comes on pCars on console, figures they can't drive the car (without adjusting any settings) after 3 hours and calls the game crap - well you kind of to have to take that opinion with a grain of salt, bud. Took me over 100 hours to get with the LMP cars, over 300 to keep a GT3 in a straight line and over 500 now and I'm regularly on the podium and delving deeper into car setup.

Shinzah
18-09-2015, 05:12
I'll field this a little personally, but please do not take my words harshly both because my platform is different and that is not the context I'm presenting with them.

It's difficult with a controller (no matter how good the base settings are or whether you're using motion/ controller/ wheel the learning curve is steep. It's not just a pick up and play game, and many console gamers expect a Forza/GT/NFS. My 10-year-old sister's friend recently got himself a PS4 and a copy of pCars... Just, please Ian, don't dumb it down...

I do not find pcars difficult at all on pc with controller. I do use some of the aids, for a few personal reasons, though. I have many, many years with racing game experience on a variety of input devices though, so this could be a matter of practice. In any case, this will never 'just' be a pick up and play game, but also, it does want to appeal to a large audience. It will have some amount of scalability in this. It does already, and it will probably get more.

XB1 version of the game seemed to be the most temperamental to put it nicely - whether that's a XB1 hardware struggling with pCars problem is another discussion.

It's another discussion indeed, to put it nicely myself though - a lot of multi-platform titles do tend to have either launch issues or persisting ones on the platform, pcars is not alone in this.

TBH Forza is terrible with a game pad. The steering response is so slow.

I would not call Forza "terrible" But this is also exactly the reason I couldn't deal with the series any longer. It's a fair point, but there are people who do enjoy this and so it's not that bad. Also since a lot of these people also got pcars they are not used to the more direct response. I won't say this will be 'dumbed down' in some meaningful way (really all many of these players must do is go into the setup screen and change the steering ratio and notice the differences with near immediacy, but there are apparently bugs associated with this and I understand that.) but I do imagine in some manner or another it might be addressed for the comfort of the audience at large. I doubt this will affect PC or PS4 in any capacity.

Now someone comes on pCars on console, figures they can't drive the car (without adjusting any settings) after 3 hours and calls the game crap - well you kind of to have to take that opinion with a grain of salt, bud. Took me over 100 hours to get with the LMP cars, over 300 to keep a GT3 in a straight line and over 500 now and I'm regularly on the podium and delving deeper into car setup.

Sticking with something is usually the best method to succeed but retaining buyers is important and must be underlined. Yes. In many cases they don't give the game a chance because of it. And to many people, it will never be 'good enough'. But the opinions are still measurably valid to the demographics as a whole. Be assured that SMS will never dumb down the physics model because it might be "too difficult". When GTR came out, it was one of the most punishing simulations on the market ever devised and they did not say "Well maybe we should do something about that..." in this case.

You already did.. simply ignore whiners.

There are "Whiners" and there are people with legitimate, major concerns who provide good feedback in a coherent and non-vitriolic way. This company (and any company who sells products) is going to ignore plain ole' good down home bitching about minor niggles that is presented in an incoherent or poor manner. This is merely a matter of self respect. Nobody wants to listen to the same minor complaints over and over again when they've either already catalogged them, they aren't easily reproduceable found or fixed, and they are not pertinent aspects. SMS isn't outright ignoring anyone, they are prioritizing concerns.

Cheesenium
18-09-2015, 06:27
It's difficult with a controller (no matter how good the base settings are or whether you're using motion/ controller/ wheel the learning curve is steep. It's not just a pick up and play game, and many console gamers expect a Forza/GT/NFS. My 10-year-old sister's friend recently got himself a PS4 and a

The Patch 4.0 actually have a new assists to help new players.

• Assists – Enhanced Brake Assistance system so that people who are unable to use
brake controllers at all can still play the game with this assist enabled.

Source (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39377-Project-CARS-PS4-Patch-4-0-Release-Notes&p=1121741#post1121741)

I never find controller to be difficult to use in this game, I generally tend to drive quite decently with it.

balderz002
18-09-2015, 06:38
To me:

Forza Motorsport = is like an episode of Top Gear - you like it, your folks like it, your kids like it, people who dont like cars like it.

Project Cars = is like locking the doors, unhooking the phone, getting in some supplies and watching the 24 hours of Le Mans (or any other endurance race) - ALL of it.

Oh, and Im doing fine with a controller. No problems there. Yeah, I have a few assists on, but hey, each to their own.

Sankyo
18-09-2015, 06:51
Half full, half empty. Half filled, half drained.

For me it's arbitrary. The cup presumably has something in it, and then another volume of something else. What defines empty space? If even in "empty space" as we know it, the cup is still completely filled by *something* and even so, does the cup actually exist? Is the cup a tangible object? Can a theoretical object be a tangible object? Of course, there is the school of thought that all thoughts are tangible in some sense and as such, the cup absolutely exists but what is it filled with to begin with? Was it half filled with nothing and then what defines the rest of the space?

This, is perhaps way too introspective and philosophical and especially off topic for this thread, apologies!

http://generator-meme.com/inc/media/memes/philosoraptor.jpg
This doesn't make any sense. What are you talking about? There are no cups in pCARS except the Clio Cup. That's filled to the brim with excellent racing, and the only thing drained is you after having completed it. That's a fact, not theory or philosophy.

FS7
18-09-2015, 12:40

I've played other racing games such as GT6, FM4, F1, Race Pro, etc. I'm playing PCars on PS4 (DS4 controller, realistic aids), the game isn't perfect but it's definitely the best racing experience one can get on console. GT6 & FM6 may have more cars but they lack in terms of actual racing, which is the most important part of a racing game imo.

Khyber GT
18-09-2015, 13:16
i spent $430 for xbox on uni hub for cswv2 + fm6 + vip...and pcars (playing it on pc) is still better imo. race weekends, longer races, server list mp (vs hoppers, LAME!! in fm6), ffb, etc are all better in pcars

PPPMAT
18-09-2015, 13:48
I now have both! To sum it up - FM6 looks fabulous and is very slick in its user interface but there is a limited feeling of grip which is fairly fundamental to me. Its great fun but I cant attack a lap like I can in PCars and push and push until I go beyond the limit. You push a bit on FM6 and the back end comes swinging round no matter what you are driving and it feels very different.

I don't want to do FM6 down because I don't believe in that sort of thing (and to be fair its really good) - its more of a 'game' than an 'experience' I would say

GamingCanuck
18-09-2015, 14:08
I actually bought the FM6 Xbox, so far I'm impressed with it. The cars in Forza have always lacked grip, but they are making improvements in the handling. The main reason I wanted Forza is because of how many race cars they have, tons of GT cars, V8 super cars, open wheelers and Touring cars.

Lukeymonster
18-09-2015, 14:09
I now have both! To sum it up - FM6 looks fabulous and is very slick in its user interface but there is a limited feeling of grip which is fairly fundamental to me. Its great fun but I cant attack a lap like I can in PCars and push and push until I go beyond the limit. You push a bit on FM6 and the back end comes swinging round no matter what you are driving and it feels very different.

I don't want to do FM6 down because I don't believe in that sort of thing (and to be fair its really good) - its more of a 'game' than an 'experience' I would say

I totally agree with you on the grip. I just don't feel that bite point and that feeling you get in project cars that your hitting the corner perfect and that you're going to get through it ok. It feels a little floaty to me. Also I can't get used to the brakes. They seem really sensitive to me. I just tap the trigger a little bit and they lockup. I'll need to mess with the settings.

Still though there are positives like you say. Your game vs experience line hits it right on the head.

PFalcon
18-09-2015, 14:22
Background: I have been a race sim junkie for more years than I care to think about. I can remember playing "Indianapolis 500 - the Simulation" on PC for the first time (late 80's?) and thinking that's as good as it could possibly get. Then came titles like "Indycar Racing", which prompted me to buy my first 3D graphics card (this was before people actually bought such things!), and later GPL, rFactor, etc... I learned to build my own gaming PC's just so I could enjoy the latest racing sims in all their glory, spending $100's to $1000 each year on this hobby.

I now have a single race sim that I play - Project Cars. I play it on an XBox One (which I purchased used for under $200), so no need/desire to go out an build a $2000 gaming rig PC anymore. In the past, I would have pre-ordered the latest Forza, just so that I could play it on/before it's worldwide launch day. But I now have no desire to play ANY other racing game/sim other than Project Cars. It is THAT good! Yes, I know of the bugs. I have experienced many of those issues myself while playing Project Cars. But after patch #3, I spend no time thinking about and worrying about the "issues" in PCars, and 100% of my time enjoying the incredible simulation of actual racing. I know the XBox version of PCars is often thought of as the weakest version of the 3 (behind PC and PS4), but I can tell you that PCars still rocks my world every time I play it on XBox One.

Ian, don't listen to the nay-sayers. Many of them have no desire to play a true racing SIMULATION or to put the time in that is necessary to make such a complex simulation playable and fun. For those people, there are games like Forza and GT. Don't ever chase that group of "gamers" at the expense of the true (likely smaller) simulation fan base. You are on the right path with PCars, and I'm confidant PCars 2 will be an admirable successor! Your team's dedication and passion for racing and the simulation of racing you have created is very evident, and for that I am thankful to you all.

If we can get a few oval tracks and cars added to PCars in the (not too distant) future, I will truly be in Race Sim nirvana! ;)

Haiden
18-09-2015, 14:34

I don't know. I think a lot of the console dissent is from gamers who aren't used to a lot configuration, and have little experience with more authentic sim style racing. For years Forza and Gran Turismo were the closest experience consoles had to sim racing, and during those years, both properties tried to positioned themselves as sim-style, not arcade. It's true, neither is truly arcade, but they aren't as simulation as PCars. Unfortunately, if a company repeats something over and over for long enough, customers will believe it, especially if they're happy with the product and there isn't anything on the market to counter it. For all those years, the debate in the console space was platform specific--FM or GT. They were the top tier on console, so a lot of console racers came to think of them as simulation-style. They proudly touted them over the arcade titles and now hold them as the standard. They've gotten used to having a lot of cars, and grinding they're way to top, and don't see the value/opportunity in the "Here's the keys to the garage" model. I mean, when you think about, the grind is pretty pointless if you plan to play the game for the long term. Because once you're done, and have the cars you want, you basically have the keys to the garage. Event-wise, after a few months, my experience with FM5 was basically just like it is with PCars--individual single and multiplayer races and time trials in the cars I like. There was nothing left to mod, and I had all the liveries I cared to download. Overall, the vast majority of my time in FM5 was spent tuning and racing. Launch bugs aside...how is that different from the out of the box PCars experience?

Another thing I've found interesting since the FM6 launch is that most of the gameplay videos I see are players driving hood or external view with the full racing line on. I think that says a lot about the audience differences. Yes, I know there are PCars players that drive the same way, but I'd venture to guess there are more cockpit-no assists drivers playing PCars then there are playing FM6. And I've heard more PCars players talking about making the transition to no-assists, than I've ever heard in all the years I've been playing FM.

Of course, that being said... I'll eventually pick up FM6. There's just no reason to now, because I'm still enjoying PCars and F1 2015, and already spend too much time between the two. :) If I start feeling like something new, I'll grab FM6, assuming GT7 isn't out by then. If it is, then it might be a while before I get back to Forza. :)

AdM1
18-09-2015, 14:55
My verdict after last night is that while Project Cars may be the better sim. Forza is hands down much more fun. End of the day that's what I game for, fun.

riverreveal
18-09-2015, 15:08
Has anyone who plays Project Cars on PC and plays it 1080p with mostly max settings at 60fps bought Forza 6 and found it enjoyable? I have purchased every Forza but I am a bit worried I will find it too dated compared to PC PCars. I tried the demo and found it a bit meh but I often find the Forza demos like that.

Haiden
18-09-2015, 15:33
Has anyone who plays Project Cars on PC and plays it 1080p with mostly max settings at 60fps bought Forza 6 and found it enjoyable? I have purchased every Forza but I am a bit worried I will find it too dated compared to PC PCars. I tried the demo and found it a bit meh but I often find the Forza demos like that.

For me, it's also the fact that I was stuck playing FM5 for two years. It got stale, which made the look and feel of PCars all the more refreshing. Codemasters skipped 2014 on the next-gen consoles, so it's nice to have a new, better looking and handling F1 game in the mix, too. Forza 6 looks and sounds too much like FM5 for me. The garage is bigger, but in the all the years I've played FM, I've kept a small garage, instantly deleting most of the gift cars to keep it uncluttered. Compared to PCars, the rain effects are just okay, and there are no dynamic transitions. After two years of playing FM5, with it's small track list, I'm just not interested in playing it again with canned weather effects. I know...it works. But, honestly...so does PCars, for me. I've had few problems with the game, and none of them have significantly diminished my overall enjoyment. I admit, that might be due to the timing of the issues I did have--a reinstall isn't really a big deal when you don't have an active season going. :)

IMHO, despite it's issues, playing PCars is just a far more visceral experience than playing Forza. With a decent wheel set, the right FOV, and full camera movement, helmet view in PCars puts you in that cockpit. And strangely, for all that Turn10 has put into it, for all the time they've had to evolve the franchise, Forza doesn't even come close to delivering the same depth of sensory simulation. I'm waiting on a new cockpit to be delivered, and honestly can't wait to play PCars with the new rig. I've been playing Forza since the first release, and can't say it's ever gotten me this excited.

beetes_juice
18-09-2015, 15:39
Obviously having fun plays a huge role in gaming. But a close second (for my self) is the experience I can have with a game; what it can do for me while sitting in a room staring at a TV pretending to be Batman, Schumacher, Marcus Fenix, etc.

FM6 had me going for a few hours; 2 hours of COTA hot-laps in X-Class and a private lobby with 10 friends for F1 racing. Just sat there twiddling my thumbs thinking to myself "What am I doing?" I used to play FM religiously and it was kinda a sad moment; FM used to get me going, I thought it was the bees knees and I couldn't get any better racing experience on the consoles. Don't take this the wrong way and not to rip FM but to me, FM is a toy now; looks, drives, and feels like a toy.

I can put PC in and in 2 hours of racing I lose a sense of time and space. I take my headset off when I'm done and look around thinking what the hell just happened, its almost an out of body experience. The racing experience I have had so far in PC is prime, second to none, whatever. I dk how to explain it but fighting tooth and nail with fast like minded racers in this game is awesome. This is what I want in my game. Maybe this is what Hamilton, Webber, Lotterer, etc feel when they reach the paddock after a race.

To each his own though. Have fun, have an experience, whatever you want. There are many options to choose from.

AdM1
18-09-2015, 15:45
Obviously having fun plays a huge role in gaming. But a close second (for my self) is the experience I can have with a game; what it can do for me while sitting in a room staring at a TV pretending to be Batman, Schumacher, Marcus Fenix, etc.

FM6 had me going for a few hours; 2 hours of COTA hot-laps in X-Class and a private lobby with 10 friends for F1 racing. Just sat there twiddling my thumbs thinking to myself "What am I doing?" I used to play FM religiously and it was kinda a sad moment; FM used to get me going, I thought it was the bees knees and I couldn't get any better racing experience on the consoles. Don't take this the wrong way and not to rip FM but to me, FM is a toy now; looks, drives, and feels like a toy.

I can put PC in and in 2 hours of racing I lose a sense of time and space. I take my headset off when I'm done and look around thinking what the hell just happened, its almost an out of body experience. The racing experience I have had so far in PC is prime, second to none, whatever. I dk how to explain it but fighting tooth and nail with fast like minded racers in this game is awesome. This is what I want in my game. Maybe this is what Hamilton, Webber, Lotterer, etc feel when they reach the paddock after a race.

To each his own though. Have fun, have an experience, whatever you want. There are many options to choose from.

And as an Xbox only player this is great, a year ago it was just Forza. Now we have 2 great games to choose from.

I'll always play both, I've already put over 500+ hours on Project Cars so it's Forzas turn for a while now.

They offer 2 very different things. I'll probably use Project Cars for most races and Forza for things like drifting and tag and building the odd silly car to lap the ring in. I just wish there was more people online in Project Cars, I've seen you before. Forza there's just endless amount of people and full lobbies.

Umer Ahmad
18-09-2015, 15:52
Business 101 - the estabished parties are more risk averse than new entrants.

Both PD & T10 risk "losing more" than what they can gain by accepting more risk. These guys had basically no competition and could afford to be risk averse, their market share had no threat (Codies?)

New entrants like SMS have much less to "lose" and can accept higher risks and pick up what T10 & PD left on the table. And SMS' knows to be taken seriously they need to differentiate their offering from what the established parties have put forth. Market Segmentation, that group of console simmers on XBlive and PSN waiting patiently for THIS game/product.

The response from T10 was more-of-the-same, risk aversion: baked graphical effects and subsequent high stable framerate and resolution, more cars and less physics/sounds/ffb, autovista but no pitstops or real racing features etc. sticking to their gameplan.

It will be interesting to see GT7's response but i expect a continuation of their risk aversion similar to T10 as they have much-to-lose

Fully agree. You strip away the noise and you're reduced to the player, the car & the track. This is the "core experience" and really only what i care about (what i have TIME to care about - family 3 kids, job, etc.). Even in Project CARS i have not messed with replays (yup, broken right now) or picking my livery (put me in a pink 650 who cares) or leaderboards (i only care about MY times)....but does the game give me a convincing "driving experience" (graphics, physics, sounds, FFB -no particular order) That's my PRIMARY question and no other feautre (autovista, livery editor, achievements etc.) can compensate, heck i dont even check which achievements i have already acquired...irrelevant to me.

After the "core driving experience" i turn my attention to COMPETITION -- both human (MP online) and Algorithmic (AI cooked up by Doug and Chris).

One day i'll have time to explore worthy alternatives iRacing and ACorsa but pCARS fills my limited driving time properly.

Del Zotto x82x
18-09-2015, 15:55

Wow, I love the attitude and confidence... The openness and sincerity is something I have never seen before from developers.. SMS is truly changing the industry for the better... You have opened yourself up to all the complaining but screw them.. They can go play another title and see what they get.. If they truly have an issue and are looking for a fix that's one thing, but I have seen way too many people come here for the sake of complaining and arguing. Screw them!

Shinzah
18-09-2015, 16:01
but I have seen way too many people come here for the sake of complaining and arguing.
This forum does have a particular social draw.

I think it's because negative people are taking advantage of SMS's leniency when it comes to moderation and enforcement and their policy to respect people enough to give them a voice to begin with (so long as its marginally within reason and doesn't create problems to the community.) in order to use an internet forum about a videogame as a sounding board to cry for help from their lives. Which can't be too good, if they only want to come here and complain all day long about this thing, or that thing. But it does show their passion for the game, and that is commendable. It's just misplaced entirely.

Del Zotto x82x
18-09-2015, 16:31
My verdict after last night is that while Project Cars may be the better sim. Forza is hands down much more fun. End of the day that's what I game for, fun.

Fun for me is the Realistic Simulation of Racing and the loud beautiful roar coming from the engine and no one does it better than PCARS on consoles.. I do have fun drifting in Fm6 though.

Khyber GT
18-09-2015, 16:33

i play pcars at 7680x1440 and still play forza. like i said earlier forza is good it's just extremely shallow compared to pcars when it doesn't have qualifying, race weekends, longer races, actual custom created rooms for public created by people, and ffb isn't nearly as good as pcars pc +jack fbb files.

Del Zotto x82x
18-09-2015, 17:37
Business 101 - the estabished parties are more risk averse than new entrants.

Both PD & T10 risk "losing more" than what they can gain by accepting more risk. These guys had basically no competition and could afford to be risk averse, their market share had no threat (Codies?)

New entrants like SMS have much less to "lose" and can accept higher risks and pick up what T10 & PD left on the table. And SMS' knows to be taken seriously they need to differentiate their offering from what the established parties have put forth. Market Segmentation, that group of console simmers on XBlive and PSN waiting patiently for THIS game/product.

The response from T10 was more-of-the-same, risk aversion: baked graphical effects and subsequent high stable framerate and resolution, more cars and less physics/sounds/ffb, autovista but no pitstops or real racing features etc. sticking to their gameplan.

It will be interesting to see GT7's response but i expect a continuation of their risk aversion similar to T10 as they have much-to-lose

Fully agree. You strip away the noise and you're reduced to the player, the car & the track. This is the "core experience" and really only what i care about (what i have TIME to care about - family 3 kids, job, etc.). Even in Project CARS i have not messed with replays (yup, broken right now) or picking my livery (put me in a pink 650 who cares) or leaderboards (i only care about MY times)....but does the game give me a convincing "driving experience" (graphics, physics, sounds, FFB -no particular order) That's my PRIMARY question and no other feautre (autovista, livery editor, achievements etc.) can compensate, heck i dont even check which achievements i have already acquired...irrelevant to me.

After the "core driving experience" i turn my attention to COMPETITION -- both human (MP online) and Algorithmic (AI cooked up by Doug and Chris).

One day i'll have time to explore worthy alternatives iRacing and ACorsa but pCARS fills my limited driving time properly.

This really is a great post.. Very concise and full of info..

AdM1
18-09-2015, 17:53
Fun for me is the Realistic Simulation of Racing and the loud beautiful roar coming from the engine and no one does it better than PCARS on consoles.. I do have fun drifting in Fm6 though.

Oh don't get me wrong that's fun too got to love racing in a foggy morning as the sun rises and the fog clears, its great fun but its a different kind of fun. For me though Forza is a different and better kind of fun, more lighthearted.

Project cars - serious
Forza - lighthearted

Both epic. At least one of them works correctly I guess.

Del Zotto x82x
18-09-2015, 18:00
Oh don't get me wrong that's fun too got to love racing in a foggy morning as the sun rises and the fog clears, its great fun but its a different kind of fun. For me though Forza is a different and better kind of fun, more lighthearted.

Project cars - serious
Forza - lighthearted

Kinda confused by your "At least one of them works correctly I guess." comment..

PFalcon
18-09-2015, 18:09

Project cars - serious
Forza - lighthearted

I am going to "assume" you are implying that Forza 6 works more correctly than PCars. That is arguably true. PCars admittedly still has a few things to work out, even after patch 3.0/4.0. But then again, I'm pretty sure SMS could create a much more stable game if they stripped out dynamic weather, pit stops, advanced and realistic driving physics, AI with some semblance of intelligence, amazing FFB, etc... For me, I'll take the slightly less polished SIMULATION of racing (Pcars) over the GAME that is Forza 6.

AdM1
18-09-2015, 18:09
Kinda confused by your "At least one of them works correctly I guess." comment..

My version of Project Cars doesn't work properly due to bugs. None of that in Forza. Hope that makes sense now.

AdM1
18-09-2015, 18:11
I am going to "assume" you are implying that Forza 6 works more correctly than PCars. That is arguably true. PCars admittedly still has a few things to work out, even after patch 3.0/4.0. But then again, I'm pretty sure SMS could create a much more stable game if they stripped out dynamic weather, pit stops, advanced and realistic driving physics, AI with some semblance of intelligence, amazing FFB, etc... For me, I'll take the slightly less polished SIMULATION of racing (Pcars) over the GAME that is Forza 6.

No problem here if you wanna choose Project Cars over Forza bud. Personally I'll do both.

PFalcon
18-09-2015, 18:14
My version of Project Cars doesn't work properly due to bugs. None of that in Forza. Hope that makes sense now.

My version of Forza doesn't work properly because of design decisions. Admittedly, the poorly designed game has been executed brilliantly, so at least it is relatively bug free. Unfortunately, due to the design flaws it will never be anything close to a driving/racing simulation...

Del Zotto x82x
18-09-2015, 18:15

I didn't realize they made different versions..

PFalcon
18-09-2015, 18:15
No problem here if you wanna choose Project Cars over Forza bud. Personally I'll do both.

Can't argue with that logic! As much as I dislike what Forza has become (or perhaps always has been), it is never a bad thing for us consumers to have choices. :)

Del Zotto x82x
18-09-2015, 18:17

There's nothing wrong with playing both.. I agree

AdM1
18-09-2015, 18:18
My version of Forza doesn't work properly because of design decisions. Admittedly, the poorly designed game has been executed brilliantly, so at least it is relatively bug free. Unfortunately, due to the design flaws it will never be anything close to a driving/racing simulation...

Ohh not sure that can be classed as being as bad personally as designs add nothing to the actual driving experience. Many of the bugs in Project Cars do effect the driving experience. That last sentence makes no sense really. Designs don't add to the driving/racing simulation anyway. Although I think its a given which is best in that department but that's not to say it makes it the best overall gaming experince imo.

Del Zotto x82x
18-09-2015, 18:21
I just realized were straddling that fence between civil conversation and fanboy war.. So I will be the first to apologize.. I am sorry

AdM1
18-09-2015, 18:21
I didn't realize they made different versions..

There's isn't lol just the one broken version iirc? ;).

But yeah I guess you could say PC/Xbox/ps4 are different version and each has their own bugs afaik.

PFalcon
18-09-2015, 18:27
Ohh not sure that can be classed as being as bad personally as designs add nothing to the actual driving experience. Many of the bugs in Project Cars do effect the driving experience. That last sentence makes no sense really. Designs don't add to the driving/racing simulation anyway. Although I think its a given which is best in that department but that's not to say it makes it the best overall gaming experince imo.

It is absolutely a design decision by Turn 10 to dummy down the physics to less than sim level (appeal to the masses). It is a design decision by Turn 10 to make 60FPS such a priority that they can't dedicate enough processor time to AI drivers to make them even reasonably intelligent. It is a design decision by Turn 10 to limit the ability to select reasonable AI cars to race against. It is a design decision by Turn 10 to not have dynamic weather. It is a design decision by Turn 10 to not have pit stops.

Those are all design decision that (in my opinion) take away from the race sim experience and make Forza feel much more like an arcade racer than a racing sim.

AdM1
18-09-2015, 18:37
So its a design decision then, not really the same as a bug now is it? Lol. Not much has changed imo. Personally I think people just got a taste of a real sim with Project Cars which highlights the dumbed down physics. Maybe some have just grown out of it. I don't think the physics are bad at all, nothing like Project Cars but that doesn't mean its rubbish.

PFalcon
18-09-2015, 19:17
So its a design decision then, not really the same as a bug now is it? Lol. Not much has changed imo. Personally I think people just got a taste of a real sim with Project Cars which highlights the dumbed down physics. Maybe some have just grown out of it. I don't think the physics are bad at all, nothing like Project Cars but that doesn't mean its rubbish.

That why I said earlier that the implementation of those poor design decisions in F6 were well done and relatively bug free ;) Then again, Turn 10 has had more than 2 years to work out any "bugs" in Forza, since the base for Forza 6 was already there in Forza 5. I'm sure if PCars 2 is nothing more than PCars with added tracks and cars and a bit of polishing (which would be ok with me), it will be relatively bug free as well.

And you are correct that Forza physics didn't feel 1/2 as bad prior to PCars. It was all we had on XB1 so it was good enough. Now we have choices, which is a good thing! My choice is PCars, since every time I drive a car in F5 or F6, I keep wishing it felt more like PCars! Lol

AdM1
18-09-2015, 19:26
The cars do feel very I think 'unresponsive' would be my choice but it just takes a bit of adjustment and it really is still as great as I remember. I've been tuning the cars to have very low castor and a lot of toe out on Forza to get it feeling more responsive. It makes a difference but it'll never be the same as Project Cars physics wise and I'm kind of glad.. If it was more like Project Cars in that department it wouldn't work the way it does today.

With Forza you can do things you can't in Project Cars and vice versa. I guess the debate has gone a bit stale now, sure it'll crop up many times again but I honestly think it purely comes down to what one wants from the game on which they prefer. There isn't a better game as such more just one that suits someones preferences better.

I'll certainly be mixing them up but I think for now, until SMS fix the tune save bug I'll be sticking with Forza. 500+ hours on Project cars is probably more than some of the big fans will play before Project Cars 2 is out anyway lol.

Khyber GT
18-09-2015, 21:13
i almost feel like they want us to drift in every single damn turn. especially if you're using a wheel

Haiden
19-09-2015, 15:23

T10 has also had about ten years to evolve the game. A lot of what they learned, and even some pieces of code, are reusable. They're building on what they've created. SMS started PCars with much less, and yet still managed to deliver more in the first iteration than T10 has in the life of their franchise. T10 is also a MS studio with way more direct experience and expert skill sets available during development. So the design choices they've made, are truly a sign that they intend to continue straddling the line between sim and arcade. Both games may be racing titles, but comparing PCars to FM6 is honestly a bit apple to oranges, IMO. Because if SMS had T10's budget and development resources, there is absolutely no doubt that PCars would have shined like a supernova and a clear line would have been drawn in the console space between those looking for sim-style racing and those wanting a more leisurely faux-sim racer.

Personally, I think T10's real test will come when GT7 hits. If Polyphony has truly revamped GT7 for next-gen consoles, then that's gonna make FM6 look even more like an extended version of FM5. Which is why, as I've said before, T10's most serious problem now isn't PCars, but more their seeming inability to pull their heads of out their butts and realize the landscape is changing. Players are expecting more, and the there's now more serious multi-platform competition coming to market (Assetto Corsa and PCars probably won't be the last sim-style racers to hit console). T10's biggest revival is it's own ego--or maybe just Greenawalt's. :)

rimajo
19-09-2015, 16:30
I love to the two , nor consider it wise for you to speak poorly in relation to each one! http://wigunpics.science/17/g.png

Del Zotto x82x
20-09-2015, 08:28
I've been trying to play fm6 a ill more.. am I the only one who feels the only enjoyment I get out of fm6 is the drifting. Fm6 is so far behind in the race department imo that I can't finish a race.. but I've been having fun drifting.. it has its qualities for sure..

GamingCanuck
20-09-2015, 11:55
I've been trying to play fm6 a ill more.. am I the only one who feels the only enjoyment I get out of fm6 is the drifting. Fm6 is so far behind in the race department imo that I can't finish a race.. but I've been having fun drifting.. it has its qualities for sure..

Nope, I love the racing so far. Some of the GT cars, like the Viper, are really hard to handle. While something like the Lambo and Ferrari just feel like they're on rails. The same can be said about the street cars, there's a few that are just way too hard to drive, at least with a controller, while others are pretty easy to drive.

Vit7
20-09-2015, 14:52
it's like saying "unlike my car, my skateboard never have transmission problem..."

BigFred
20-09-2015, 15:54
Requirements for the console market and sim racing are orthogonal.

Why do people release games on console ? Because they want the volume. Volume brings in the less dedicated racers and the more casual gamers. So if you are going to cater to the crowd that brings in the volume you have to build a layer on top of the sim that makes the game easy to play and accessible. I wouldn't say Pcars in its current state is inaccessible, but on the Xbone to start off with the controller was hideous. I've said this before, it was a schoolboy error, because your volume on consoles comes in the first few weeks of sale, and if you screw up the controls for the casuals at that point i) its going to compromise your sales and ii) it's going to hit your reputation for the future.

That's one aspect. I think the other aspect is the car collecting, which is harder for PCars to do something about. A lot of people love collecting and modifying the cars. Unrealistic for PCars to be able to compete on the license front, but probably not so hard on things like the livery editors.

As regards DLC, there's such a ton of stuff out there that could be done, but the risk is high. I would do some sort of crowd vote on what people want to de-risk the process. Get them to pledge and then take that cash to the licence owner and say this is how much we've been pledged to do this, we want x, you can have y. What do you say ? If they don't bite just move down the list until you find someone that does. I would love say a 1990s F1 season in Pcars, but I don't know whether it would be profitable.

Shinzah
20-09-2015, 16:52
As regards DLC, there's such a ton of stuff out there that could be done, but the risk is high. I would do some sort of crowd vote on what people want to de-risk the process. Get them to pledge and then take that cash to the licence owner and say this is how much we've been pledged to do this, we want x, you can have y. What do you say ? If they don't bite just move down the list until you find someone that does. I would love say a 1990s F1 season in Pcars, but I don't know whether it would be profitable.

This simply won't work, for a variety of reasons. First, the majority of the playerbase are not involved in the community. You'll notice there's about 115k total members on the forum with between 5-8k actively posting. With a title that's sold more than a million copies, that's incredibly tiny. You could argue that the crowd vote would be beneficial as a basemarker to what people in general want - except, it isn't exactly. Vocal minorities tend to skew such votes. Worst still, the whole "pledge" thing won't work out, partially because of the reason I just said and partially because people who say they will spend their money and people who actually do it, aren't often going to be the same people. So unless you ACTUALLY collect money from these people in order to build the content, it's unlikely you're going to see an immediate return of the money it'll take to license the content.

Furthermore licensing itself is far more complicated than to throw money at it. A 1990 F1 season might not be possible because of exclusivity rights Codemasters has with F1. So even if you wanted this and collected a berjillion pledges, you would have to go through your competition PLUS the license owner to get the licensing to make the thing. That's just not worth it in almost every scenario imagineable.

There's no way to "de-risk" the process of releasing DLC or additional content. You can only release either 1. What you have, and hope for the best. or 2. What's generally popular according to the information provided, and hope for the best.

SMS has much more data on demographics and what they actually want, than we do.

FS7
20-09-2015, 17:13
A 1990 F1 season might not be possible because of exclusivity rights Codemasters has with F1.
Not even CM could license an entire classic F1 season. For F1 2013 they licensed some cars from the 80s/90s, iirc besides dealing with FOM they also had to get permission from each team, each engine provider, each sponsor that appears on each car, and so forth. I also remember one of developers mentioning that tracks were easier and cheaper to license than cars & drivers.
Imo that's way too much work and not worth it. Instead of licensing a single season I'd rather have SMS add more tracks from the current F1 season as well as tracks from previous seasons.

BigFred
20-09-2015, 17:21
This simply won't work, for a variety of reasons. First, the majority of the playerbase are not involved in the community. You'll notice there's about 115k total members on the forum with between 5-8k actively posting. With a title that's sold more than a million copies, that's incredibly tiny. You could argue that the crowd vote would be beneficial as a basemarker to what people in general want - except, it isn't exactly. Vocal minorities tend to skew such votes. Worst still, the whole "pledge" thing won't work out, partially because of the reason I just said and partially because people who say they will spend their money and people who actually do it, aren't often going to be the same people. So unless you ACTUALLY collect money from these people in order to build the content, it's unlikely you're going to see an immediate return of the money it'll take to license the content.

Furthermore licensing itself is far more complicated than to throw money at it. A 1990 F1 season might not be possible because of exclusivity rights Codemasters has with F1. So even if you wanted this and collected a berjillion pledges, you would have to go through your competition PLUS the license owner to get the licensing to make the thing. That's just not worth it in almost every scenario imagineable.

There's no way to "de-risk" the process of releasing DLC or additional content. You can only release either 1. What you have, and hope for the best. or 2. What's generally popular according to the information provided, and hope for the best.

SMS has much more data on demographics and what they actually want, than we do.

No, that's wrong on many levels. Firstly, of course you need to publicise the vote, but if enough people out of the million don't vote then its a non starter doing dlc in the first place. The whole point of doing one person one vote is that it doesn't allow individuals to shout people down. Secondly, yes you could collect the money in the first instance and refund if it doesn't go ahead, or you could collect pledges before the dev starts, if the pledges aren't made good on then you don't go ahead.

Finally you clearly don't work in the business world. There is no problem you can't solve if you throw money at it. The issue is whether it is worthwhile to spend the money to achieve the objective.

Yes you can derisk dlc, in the same way that you can derisk development through crowdfunding.

AdM1
20-09-2015, 18:01
Tbf FM7 will probably be out by the time this game is working properly so comparing to FM6 isn't really fair imo..

AdM1
20-09-2015, 18:02
it's like saying "unlike my car, my skateboard never have transmission problem..."

Or a skateboard company being out their depth trying to make a car perhaps? Lol.

Vit7
20-09-2015, 18:35
Or a skateboard company being out their depth trying to make a car perhaps? Lol.
judging by F6 review around net, unsuccessfully so far...;)

balderz002
20-09-2015, 19:12
judging by F6 review around net, unsuccessfully so far...;)

Who's the fool? The game makers who make the game, or the millions of people who then buy the game?

AdM1
20-09-2015, 19:37
I don't read reviews. I play the game myself and make my own mind up and so far Forza 6 is amazing so not sure what could be said nagative in the reviews? You can never please everyone but the online activity of both games speaks for itself tbh.

Vit7
20-09-2015, 19:51
Who's the fool?
Nobody really.. As a game (game) F6 very good. I simply don't see how it comparable to pCars (driveclub, grid more likely). It's like comparing Arma to COD...

Haiden
20-09-2015, 19:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjQbiLk9GPQ

Too bad Drive Club doesn't have better physics, and tuning.

Jerry Buzz
20-09-2015, 21:20
When GT7 comes out, we'll be comparing it to Forza 7. And PCars 2.

PPPMAT
20-09-2015, 22:14
When GT7 comes out, we'll be comparing it to Forza 7. And PCars 2.

Correction - when gt7 comes out you will be comparing it to Forza 17 and pcars 9! (Joke - it's just a joke)

hkraft300
20-09-2015, 22:25
I don't read reviews. I play the game myself and make my own mind up and so far Forza 6 is amazing so not sure what could be said nagative in the reviews? You can never please everyone but the online activity of both games speaks for itself tbh.

What do you mean? The multitude of reviews of a new release you don't read, number of multiplayer lobbies, what?
PCars is a racing sim that's quite a small niche corner of the market comparatively. Anyway, they both may have cars and racing but they're very different games.
You have FM6 now. Have fun with your body kits and engine upgrades. You're still coming here flaming and being a Whiney little brat.

AdM1
20-09-2015, 22:42
What do you mean? The multitude of reviews of a new release you don't read, number of multiplayer lobbies, what?
PCars is a racing sim that's quite a small niche corner of the market comparatively. Anyway, they both may have cars and racing but they're very different games.
You have FM6 now. Have fun with your body kits and engine upgrades. You're still coming here flaming and being a Whiney little brat.

I mean that online there is hardly anyone playing Project Cars and finding a variation of decent lobbies can be difficult a lot of the time. Forza there's masses of people online and it pretty much always drops me into a lobby with 10+ players. Where's the fun if you just go round track on your lonesome? Gets boring.

I think it's been said many times now that they're very different games, I was just comparing the online experience and which one gives me more joy not actually racing physics etc.

Judging by the tone of your post, 'whiney little brat' I think you are a bit more wound up over this than you should be. They're only games no need to get angry and abusive about it.

jbjs40
20-09-2015, 23:44
We can leave God out of it though. Amen?

Del Zotto x82x
21-09-2015, 19:08
I mean that online there is hardly anyone playing Project Cars and finding a variation of decent lobbies can be difficult a lot of the time. Forza there's masses of people online and it pretty much always drops me into a lobby with 10+ players. Where's the fun if you just go round track on your lonesome? Gets boring.

I think it's been said many times now that they're very different games, I was just comparing the online experience and which one gives me more joy not actually racing physics etc.

Judging by the tone of your post, 'whiney little brat' I think you are a bit more wound up over this than you should be. They're only games no need to get angry and abusive about it.

Lobbies full of wreckers.. Im not comparing games, just that most on my friends list are in leagues and create private lobbies in pcars.. forza may have full random lobbies but good luck finishing a race unscathed..

AdM1
21-09-2015, 19:33
Lobbies full of wreckers.. Im not comparing games, just that most on my friends list are in leagues and create private lobbies in pcars.. forza may have full random lobbies but good luck finishing a race unscathed..

You cant blame the game for the people playing it though. I've seen wreckers on both and good racers on both. Forzas saving grace is when you get punted its easier to recover imo.

You'll always get wreckers in public online lobbies regardless of the game imo.

maurice-pascale
21-09-2015, 22:25

I could always cry that driveclub is not a simulation!...the weather looks so damn realistic and beautiful..the cars too ^^...

Shinzah
21-09-2015, 22:44
Driveclub runs at 30fps, and it shows.

Can be prettiest game in the whole world, but when it's running like a slideshow it's pretty pointless.

Same argument in the comments of the video.

TheReaper GT
21-09-2015, 22:59
The rain on driveclub is outstanding, really awesome. Sad that the most brilliant physics related feature in the game is the rain.

Flaw3dGenius
22-09-2015, 00:48

How ugly is the back of that Ford GT

TheReaper GT
22-09-2015, 01:34

It's the pig from angry birds

loslogo
22-09-2015, 01:56
After much agonising I decided last weekend to get the Ultimate edition of FM6 and I have to say I'm loving it. Much as I loved my early plays of PCars. I think that if I hadn't stopped playing when I found that I couldn't race the Endurance series I entered because of now-fixed tyre bugs then there is no reason I'd have got Forza. The goodwill and pleasure I'd built up became frustration at not being able to carry on the path I'd started so after I got patched up and started again I just had less patience for the experience. I think now it'll take something brand new to get me back to PCars - something like ovals for example.

Forza just serves me well. It's more fun at the moment. I do wish they had the racing experience of SMS's baby though which is why I'm still attached to both.

Ovals are boring. Enjoy forza.

Bealdor
22-09-2015, 05:41
I could always cry that driveclub is not a simulation!...the weather looks so damn realistic and beautiful..the cars too ^^...

Well, there's the culprit. If it was a real simulation it couldn't look as good as it does now.

Dominator52
22-09-2015, 05:54

Same here.

Bultaco85
22-09-2015, 11:49

Donīt judge by screenshots, play the game! Forza is awesome, PCARS is awesome, both have issues.

Khyber GT
22-09-2015, 16:34

get out of here!

Del Zotto x82x
22-09-2015, 16:39
get out of here!

I dunno, the back of the Ford GT does look a lil plain for such a Generational car as they're hoping imo

Khyber GT
22-09-2015, 17:15
http://johndagys.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/gallery/gt-2016-ford-gt-unveil-2/Ford_Detroit_2015_NAS_0921.jpg

i would violate that car so hard.

joelsantos24
22-09-2015, 17:39
Since the release of Forza 6 I have fallen in love with PCARS all over again. Thank You Turn 10... The more I attempt to play Forza, the more I realize how brilliant PCARS truly is. The tyre model and handling is top notch and the raw sounds of the cars roaring down the circuit is sweet music to my ears. Even the FFB which was heavily questioned at release, is second to none. Not to mention the beautiful graphics, PCARS is an amazing Simulation of Racing and I thank Forza for reminding me of this.. SMS really have a lot to be proud of and I am thankful for the decision to bring true Sim-Racing to the consoles. Now if we could only get an Oval.... haha ;)

- ps. I paid $100 for the Ultimate Edition so I was looking forward to the release of Forza and I am not trying to start the whole Forza vs. PCARS argument.. I simply wanted to have my feelings heard as I haven't always been complimentary of SMS..
That's good to know. But still, let's not push forward the notion that Project CARS' simulation is perfect, because it isn't, in my humble opinion. I absolutely love the game, but the AI usually ruins my entire enjoyment of a race. It's still unfathomable to me, how SMS hasn't yet been able to properly adjust the model. And four updates later, I might add.

I never played Forza, so I don't really know much about that universe. But from what I gathered, Forza used to be much like Need for Speed, that is, more about the urban car culture rather than motorsport. I really hate this so-called urban car culture, Fast and Furious and whatnot, since I'm a hardcore motorsport fan, so I believe races belong on the track, not on the road (although we have numerous and amazing urban tracks throughout the world). :cool:

TheReaper GT
22-09-2015, 17:55
http://johndagys.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/gallery/gt-2016-ford-gt-unveil-2/Ford_Detroit_2015_NAS_0921.jpg

That's just.... Wrong... Hahaha

Shinzah
22-09-2015, 18:24

I think I saw a documentary with you in it once....

....how do you feel about Air Wolf?

Khyber GT
22-09-2015, 19:36
I think I saw a documentary with you in it once....

....how do you feel about Air Wolf?

???

Del Zotto x82x
22-09-2015, 19:59

I agree the car looks beautiful, but in the game it looks a lil plain, the back that is

mr.slow
22-09-2015, 21:38
Honestly I feel just the opposite. Yes, the tire model maybe better in PCARS, but it loses on EVERY OTHER front. If turn 10 chooses to focus on the smaller niche of sim racing, they would've done something so much better than PCARS and wouldn't require the so called community funding so minimize their risk. And it will be sold for cheaper.

Del Zotto x82x
22-09-2015, 21:42
Honestly I feel just the opposite. Yes, the tire model maybe better in PCARS, but it loses on EVERY OTHER front. If turn 10 chooses to focus on the smaller niche of sim racing, they would've done something so much better than PCARS and wouldn't require the so called community funding so minimize their risk. And it will be sold for cheaper.

So you're saying they chose to make a not so good game on purpose

AdM1
22-09-2015, 21:42

Exactly, different goals. I'm sure if T10 had the exact same goal as Project Cars this forum would probably be like a ghost town.

Del Zotto x82x
22-09-2015, 21:43
Exactly, different goals. I'm sure if T10 had the exact same goal as Project Cars this forum would probably be like a ghost town.

And what if PCARS had the same exact goals as Turn 10?

AdM1
22-09-2015, 21:45
And what if PCARS had the same exact goals as Turn 10?

Probably be buggy too tbf.

Thankfully they both have different goals which gives us variety. Better than 2 games trying to do the exact same thing.

Be interesting how AC goes on console too, hopefully not this bad but we will see.

trylls
22-09-2015, 21:48
Turn 10 has also far more budget available than what SMS has since they fall under Microsoft.

Del Zotto x82x
22-09-2015, 21:51
Probably be buggy too tbf.

Thankfully they both have different goals which gives us variety. Better than 2 games trying to do the exact same thing.

Be interesting how AC goes on console too, hopefully not this bad but we will see.

I don't agree with your first assessment, but the bottom I agree with

AdM1
22-09-2015, 21:54
Turn 10 has also far more budget available than what SMS has since they fall under Microsoft.

And a good business would assess their budget and work within its means IMO.

Del Zotto x82x
22-09-2015, 21:57
And a good business would assess their budget and work within its means IMO.

far and beyond Mission Accomplished , I believe you made his point

mr.slow
22-09-2015, 22:01
You would have a bigger budget if you had been proven successful. PCARS1 is a success in commercial sense. It sold 1+ million copies. It costed next to nothing to SMS since it's community funded. Yet they still pretend to have no fund and asked for community funding for PCARS2. No I don't believe budget is a factor for SMS. They had the budget but just don't use it to hire testers.

I did have fun playing PCARS. But I honestly don't they it's worse $60. FM6/GT had 10 times more content and 5 times more fun. And I'm sick of hearing SMS cannot have this car or that car license because "they are so expensive to get" Come on, even small titles like asseto corsa had GTR and lambos.

AdM1
22-09-2015, 22:05
You would have a bigger budget if you had been proven successful. PCARS1 is a success in commercial sense. It sold 1+ million copies. It costed next to nothing to SMS since it's community funded. Yet they still pretend to have no fund and asked for community funding for PCARS2. No I don't believe budget is a factor for SMS. They had the budget but just don't use it to hire testers.

I did have fun playing PCARS. But I honestly don't they it's worse $60. FM6/GT had 10 times more content and 5 times more fun. And I'm sick of hearing SMS cannot have this car or that car license because "they are so expensive to get" Come on, even small titles like asseto corsa had GTR and lambos.

That was to 'filter out the idiots' apparently. Lol.

Shinzah
22-09-2015, 22:09
???

Don't worry about it. Only like four people watched the same documentary.

iv-tecman
22-09-2015, 22:16
Driveclub runs at 30fps, and it shows.

Can be prettiest game in the whole world, but when it's running like a slideshow it's pretty pointless.

Same argument in the comments of the video.

What an absolute load of bull. Drive club is fast and feels smooth. It's got fantastic replays and looks better then forza and project cars. Just not a track game, its a arcade game but it is not a slideshow...

Project cars on ps4 is awful performance wise, replays are dreadful. Screen tearing and not a very smooth experience at all, forza is rock solid 60 fps so if anything project cars is the worse graphically, performance and overall smoothness on consoles. Now PC well that's not what's being compared here.. But on ps4 drive club laughs at project cars graphically , and forza on x1 beats project cars in both performance and graphics...

Del Zotto x82x
22-09-2015, 22:19
What an absolute load of bull. Drive club is fast and feels smooth. It's got fantastic replays and looks better then forza and project cars. Just not a track game, its a arcade game but it is not a slideshow...

Project cars on ps4 is awful performance wise, replays are dreadful. Screen tearing and not a very smooth experience at all, forza is rock solid 60 fps so if anything project cars is the worse graphically, performance and overall smoothness on consoles. Now PC well that's not what's being compared here.. But on ps4 drive club laughs at project cars graphically , and forza on x1 beats project cars in both performance and graphics...

crackin me up..funniest joke ive heard all day

Mr.Smoke
22-09-2015, 22:34
Some people are pure jokesters round here.

Go back to your arcade games already!!

iv-tecman
22-09-2015, 22:35

Really... joke eh? Project cars has awful screen tearing and dreadful replays on Ps4 and its also the worse looking out of all three. So no joke here mate so go do one.. Forza 6 has rock solid 60fps, does project cars on consoles, erm nope. so, go laugh elsewhere... fanboy - wow never cease to amaze me..

Del Zotto x82x
22-09-2015, 22:39
Really... joke eh? Project cars has awful screen tearing and dreadful replays on Ps4 and its also the worse looking out of all three. So no joke here mate so go do one.. Forza 6 has rock solid 60fps, does project cars on consoles, erm nope. so, go laugh elsewhere... fanboy - wow never cease to amaze me..

Hey I am here on a PCARS forum talking about PCARS.. You are here on a PCARS forum talking about Grid.. Now that's a joke

iv-tecman
22-09-2015, 22:45
Hey I am here on a PCARS forum talking about PCARS.. You are here on a PCARS forum talking about Grid.. Now that's a joke

grid? Where in the heck did I mention grid.

And for the record seeing as you're so ignorant to realize, I was comparing graphics and performance on consoles, not the games physics.. I play all three of those games, Forza 6, P cars, and Drive Club, for different reasons. So get off your high horse and stop being a total tit.

If I want a serious race, Project Cars, if I want to have a crash and bash, drive club, and if I want a semi sim arcade race, i'll go to forza, but make no mistake, project cars is not the one for eye candy or performance, but for pure racing then its 100% the go to racing game..

Del Zotto x82x
22-09-2015, 22:47
grid? Where in the heck did I mention grid.

And for the record seeing as you're so ignorant to realize, I was comparing graphics and performance on consoles, not the games physics.. I play all three of those games, Forza 6, P cars, and Drive Club, for different reasons. So get off your high horse and stop being a total tit.

If I want a serious race, Project Cars, if I want to have a crash and bash, drive club, and if I want a semi sim arcade race, i'll go to forza, but make no mistake, project cars is not the one for eye candy or performance, but for pure racing then its 100% the go to racing game..

OHHHH my bad Drive Club

mr.slow
22-09-2015, 22:48

On the other hand, the overly defensive behavior toward a generally under-delivering buggy game makes me think some people are pure shills.

AdM1
22-09-2015, 22:48
OHHHH my bad Drive Club

Definitely on something..

Del Zotto x82x
22-09-2015, 22:49

Sounds to me like you came in here comparing games and claiming one was better than the other.. But again its your opinion and nothings wrong with that, but when others refuse to take you serious after don't get offended

mr.slow
22-09-2015, 22:57
So you're saying they chose to make a not so good game on purpose

No, I'm saying they are delivering what they promised, unlike some other game.

o2R Dsquared 07
23-09-2015, 00:09

I think PCars looks better than forza 6. Opinion is opinion.

TheReaper GT
23-09-2015, 00:26
I think both look awesome, but forza is prone to fantasy, while spa looks amazing, Sonoma and monza are too colorful. The pcars visual representation of both tracks is way more accurate

Vit7
23-09-2015, 00:34
I think PCars looks better than forza 6. Opinion is opinion.
I don't think anyone would argue that. Dynamic Lighting Vs Baked (f6). No day/night transition no dynamic weather... But you can get "green mod card" and effectively double your HP instantly :cool:

CE 300
23-09-2015, 08:28
God bless Forza 6. It keeps me busy with fine racing at constant 60 frames per second!
(framerate drop festivals like in Pcars aren't acceptable as lap times get worse)
Without Forza 6 I would have given up on Project Cars. I'll be mostly playing Forza from now. And the day I come back to Project Cars is hopefully the day the game works. I hope 2 further months are enough time to make the game playable. I have a dream: It's Christmas Eve and I turn on my Xbox and Project Cars works fine. I can drive without landmines, other game breaking bugs and tearing...

CE 300
23-09-2015, 09:08
Project Cars has so much potential. Without all the bugs it would be an outstanding game. It's like a beautiful Ferrari 458 Italia to me.
A 458 which's seats are covered in dog shit and the cylinder head gasket is leaking. It's a dangerous, engine destructing, smelly ride.

Forza 6 on the other hand is like a McLaren MP4-12C. But everytime you want to drive it, your beautiful Scarlett Johansson-like girlfriend
takes a ride with ya. And you don't even get to drive the car.

FoxMulder
23-09-2015, 09:21
There's some white knight virgin neckbeard equivalent going on in this thread, I like it.

Sankyo
23-09-2015, 10:11

Guys, we don't need this type of responses. Keep it factual and impersonal please.

balderz002
23-09-2015, 11:07
Remco, get a fire extinguisher, theyre trying to start a flame war!!!!!

CE 300
23-09-2015, 12:42
Project Cars has so much potential. Without all the bugs it would be an outstanding game. It's like a beautiful Ferrari 458 Italia to me.
A 458 which's seats are covered in dog shit and the cylinder head gasket is leaking. It's a dangerous, engine destructing, smelly ride.

Forza 6 on the other hand is like a McLaren MP4-12C. But everytime you want to drive it, your beautiful Scarlett Johansson-like girlfriend

No one is trying anything here. It was just meant as a humorous summary of how I feel with both games.
If you think about my statement again maybe you get what I mean.
What I really don't get is why you always have to be for one game only and hate the other.
Both have their strengths and weaknesses. It's a matter of personal taste.
If you have this McLaren problem I described above you don't get the feeling of the car.
But still I like my car seats clean (without game breaking bugs and framerate drops).
My comment is quite balanced.

balderz002
23-09-2015, 12:47
seats are covered in dog shit and the cylinder head gasket is leaking.

Thats Italian cars for you!

CE 300
23-09-2015, 12:57

No, I love Italian cars. The seat and cylinder gasket thing are metaphors for bugs and problems with Project Cars. Just like the dog presents on the seats do not belong to this nice Italian car the bugs and all the issues do not belong to such a great racing sim!

balderz002
23-09-2015, 13:05
Italian cars used to have a reputation for poor build quaility and rust. At least in the UK climate. I was missquoting you in a sideways dig at Italian cars. In a humourous way, of course!

Del Zotto x82x
23-09-2015, 18:59
You no eh speak eh ah bout Italiano eh Cars that a way ah ok;)

Shinzah
23-09-2015, 19:02
You no eh speak eh ah bout Italiano eh Cars that a way ah ok;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQA07B0X6jU

Del Zotto x82x
23-09-2015, 19:18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQA07B0X6jU

Funny funny stuff eh

Jezza819
23-09-2015, 20:12

I have to ask. Just how in the heck are you getting Forza 6 to work correctly? Because I'm at my wits end with that stupid game. Are you using a wheel or a controller? I have a TX wheel and I've tried using what I knew from Forza 5, some suggestions from other players I know, nothing seems to just let me drive the cars at slightly more than a snail's pace without spinning out. I'm just about ready to turn Forza 6 into a very expensive coffee table coaster.

Del Zotto x82x
23-09-2015, 20:16
I have to ask. Just how in the heck are you getting Forza 6 to work correctly? Because I'm at my wits end with that stupid game. Are you using a wheel or a controller? I have a TX wheel and I've tried using what I knew from Forza 5, some suggestions from other players I know, nothing seems to just let me drive the cars at slightly more than a snail's pace without spinning out. I'm just about ready to turn Forza 6 into a very expensive coffee table coaster.

You know, the only way I can enjoy forza 6 with my Tx is only on the Ovals... Road Circuits forget about it.. I cant figure it out either

CE 300
24-09-2015, 10:01

I use a Fanatec wheel. Don't know if it helps with your TX, but I find it very drivable with a deadzone of 0 for steering and a rotation of 540 degrees.
Some powerful cars, like the McLaren P1 are way easier to drive with TCS on.
If that doesn't help, you might find some good advice in the Forza forums.

beetes_juice
24-09-2015, 16:45
I use a Fanatec wheel. Don't know if it helps with your TX, but I find it very drivable with a deadzone of 0 for steering and a rotation of 540 degrees.

Only advice I've seen over there is either set the wheel to 900 or 540.......not much help. Besides dead-zone, FFB strength, and vibration strength, if that's the only other setting we have to change then I have to wonder what people are drinking over there. The FFB is atrocious.

Anyway, if you can post some settings or link us to a thread over there that would be great. As I see it now (and the past two weeks) FM will stay a...

very expensive coffee table coaster.

Jezza819
24-09-2015, 17:27
You know, the only way I can enjoy forza 6 with my Tx is only on the Ovals... Road Circuits forget about it.. I cant figure it out either

I stumbled into that short race thing at Indianapolis where you drive the #67 car and like you it was just fine. It's just very strange.

I've had a Fanatec base and Xbox hub sitting in their boxes for about 2 months now, just waiting on a wheel stand late this month and a rim late next month. I'm hoping this is going to be much more enjoyable with the Fanatec gear.

Del Zotto x82x
24-09-2015, 18:04
I stumbled into that short race thing at Indianapolis where you drive the #67 car and like you it was just fine. It's just very strange.

I've had a Fanatec base and Xbox hub sitting in their boxes for about 2 months now, just waiting on a wheel stand late this month and a rim late next month. I'm hoping this is going to be much more enjoyable with the Fanatec gear.

So do you use a controller for fm6, I suppose? Well, Fm6 isn't bad with a controller, its not sim but it has its perks... Its just the whole handeling and spinning out so easy with a wheel thing, it doesn't feel right at all

Jezza819
24-09-2015, 22:53
So do you use a controller for fm6, I suppose? Well, Fm6 isn't bad with a controller, its not sim but it has its perks... Its just the whole handeling and spinning out so easy with a wheel thing, it doesn't feel right at all

No I've had a Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel for about a year now. Funny how Project Cars was good with a wheel but bad with a controller, Forza 6 is good with a controller but bad with a wheel, go figure.

AB_Attack
25-09-2015, 12:30
Sure. But for some, it doesn't matter that Reasons(tm) can be supplied for increased tolerance/understanding of bugs. It's like saying "we built this product so advanced it cannot be expected to function properly so complaints about bugs will likely be unreasonable. Please don't be unreasonable".

SlowBloke
25-09-2015, 12:40
Getting FM6 so I can race horizontal on the couch with a controller.

Really dont like the steering wheel animations moving around so quickly herky jerky with the controller in P Cars.

FM6 seems to still understand the primary controller for consoles is the hand held variety and hence that interface has to be decent. I still struggled with FM5 mind once the faster cars were obtained - hope FM6 is better where thats concerned even if I have to slum it with steering normal v sim :)

Del Zotto x82x
25-09-2015, 16:57
I have been having some fun drifting on FM6 that's for sure, but I can not use my wheel to race unless its on the ovals.. Turn 10 did a great job adding more tyre smoke to the game but the squealing of the tyres have got to go, what a horrible and nauseating sound

Jezza819
25-09-2015, 18:03
I have been having some fun drifting on FM6 that's for sure, but I can not use my wheel to race unless its on the ovals.. Turn 10 did a great job adding more tyre smoke to the game but the squealing of the tyres have got to go, what a horrible and nauseating sound

The sound when you come in contact with another car or the wall is nauseating also. It either sounds like someone spitting or you're punching a bag filled with rice.

Pcars Driver 44
25-09-2015, 18:31
[QUOTE=SlowBloke;1130139]Getting FM6 so I can race horizontal on the couch with a controller.

Really dont like the steering wheel animations moving around so quickly herky jerky with the controller in P Cars

Hi I found if you have a good old faff around with deadzones then adjust each cars individually in tuning you can get a real good feel for the steering! I know it a right malarkey in and out on track but I'm more than happy with my set up now. Don't get me wrong Forza is good out of the box with the controller but the slightest of changes on the deadzones can prove good fun if you have the patients. PS I'm not saying you haven't lol but I tried all sorts.:)

tclancey
25-09-2015, 20:04

I couldn't agree more. I've never been so happy to buy a crap game!!!

beetes_juice
25-09-2015, 20:16
The sound when you come in contact with another car or the wall is nauseating also. It either sounds like someone spitting or you're punching a bag filled with rice.

99% sure its the same sound they use in the NBA games when dribbling a basketball.

CHEN255
26-09-2015, 03:05

Driveclubs physics are just fine imo, it's a SIMcade title that delivers the experience it promises. I'm glad there is no tuning in it, the game is perfect for just jumping into immediately. I own DC and PC and can only hope that SMS can fix the issues with PC like EVO have with DC.
DC is an absolutely brilliant game and since I bought it over 2 weeks ago it's all that I have played. I'm looking forward to revving up PC again soon though!

Gravit8
27-09-2015, 00:45
Does the old Microsoft wheel still work on fm6? Or did they stop supporting it?
Saw a 50 lapper last night on twitch and tire model looks legit.
Saw a guy dropping back through the field on long stints, despite qualifying well.

Del Zotto x82x
28-09-2015, 21:54
Does the old Microsoft wheel still work on fm6? Or did they stop supporting it?
Saw a 50 lapper last night on twitch and tire model looks legit.
Saw a guy dropping back through the field on long stints, despite qualifying well.

Wait FM6 has a tire model? Anyways, I have finally come up with a solution to having fun in fm6 using the tx wheel.. I fiddled with the settings and yes I can actually say its decent now.. By no means am I saying its on the same level as PCARS as I believe they are different games, but I can actually use my wheel now and say , "hey that was fun." If anyone is still having trouble , PM me and I can give you my settings although they may not be for you .. who knows

iKasbian
06-10-2015, 12:41
My question is has Forza seen off all the really quick guys?

I hardly get any time to get on the xbox but last night had a an hr or so and managed 4 top times in the world, one I did on my first flying lap eek:

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 12:42
My question is has Forza seen off all the really quick guys?

I hardly get any time to get on the xbox but last night had a an hr or so and managed 4 top times in the world, one I did on my first flying lap eek:

Maybe time trialing isn't that popular anymore in general in any game/platform...

You can set WR's on the PC version of pcars with relative ease as well..

iKasbian
06-10-2015, 12:56
Maybe time trialing isn't that popular anymore in general in any game/platform...

You can set WR's on the PC version of pcars with relative ease as well..

Even if I had Pcars on Pc I wouldn't, just been looking at the times I achieved and they're many seconds slower than Pc times.

Of course this is conclusive proof but the sheer lack of times on many tracks on xbox proves theres little interest.

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 12:59
Career or MP seem to be the popular choices for racing games these days.

I wonder what happened to TT drivers.

Maybe a mass exodus to GT academy or something. Kind of weird. Used to be a thing.

iKasbian
06-10-2015, 13:08
I remember on Fm4 you would see many many hundreds of thousands of times, of course they would include all dirty times/career etc but there was also many thousands of competitive clean ones. There simply doesn't seem to be any incentive to put the work in on pcars, no round up/car/class times, you can't even see your friends times!

Hotlapping is one big fail on Pcars, needs to be sorted out for next edition.

hkraft300
06-10-2015, 13:11
Reckon it's very much a thing still, with the TT setup requests and posts in the garage section lol
I'm way off the pace some of those times are mind blowing. 3:17 at la Sarthe in LMP1 holy s* best I've ever done is a 26!
I cherry pick TT: went and smashed the Group C time for Road America on PS4. Gotta see how far behind the PC time I am though lol

Raven403
06-10-2015, 13:12
I remember on Fm4 you would see many many hundreds of thousands of times, of course they would include all dirty times/career etc but there was also many thousands of competitive clean ones. There simply doesn't seem to be any incentive to put the work in on pcars, no round up/car/class times, you can't even see your friends times!

Hotlapping is one big fail on Pcars, needs to be sorted out for next edition.

You CAN see your friends times

iKasbian
06-10-2015, 13:15
You CAN see your friends times

I didn't realise this, first time I really played was last night since patch.

Well, thats something at least !

Bultaco85
07-10-2015, 08:42
Yes it has and it`s very good.