PDA

View Full Version : SMS-R Round 14, GT @Nurburgring GP

FLASHRADAR
18-09-2015, 12:30
Do we have to re-run that round because of patch 4.0 not delivered on XB1?

FACT0RY PIL0T
18-09-2015, 17:11
Do we have to re-run that round because of patch 4.0 not delivered on XB1?

Yeah this^^^^^^

GT-Club_Atho_
18-09-2015, 20:04
No changes in the physics, no changes in the tyres or something. I think it's ok...

havocc
18-09-2015, 21:29
No changes in the physics, no changes in the tyres or something. I think it's ok...

Except that sls is incredibly lazy on corners... ;)

FACT0RY PIL0T
18-09-2015, 22:48
Except that sls is incredibly lazy on corners... ;)

Yeah what a Boat Anchor! This thing drives like a school bus. . lol

havocc
18-09-2015, 23:55
Yeah what a Boat Anchor! This thing drives like a school bus. . lol

Tried lowering diff lock but had little effect... will try to tweak toe and steering ratio...

Kevin Leaune
19-09-2015, 11:19
We can not be sure that this will change anything ...

FLASHRADAR
19-09-2015, 16:10
There is a change for PC/Ps4 players in community events:
• Ensure that players cannot turn on assists using hotkeys in community events, when the assists have been explicitly disabled for the event in question.

So XB1 users got an avantage for the moment IMO...

FACT0RY PIL0T
19-09-2015, 19:40
There is a change for PC/Ps4 players in community events:
• Ensure that players cannot turn on assists using hotkeys in community events, when the assists have been explicitly disabled for the event in question.

So XB1 users got an avantage for the moment IMO...
NEWS FLASH! Lol hot keys still work on PS4, either way the car isnt enjoyable to drive, acts nothing like the real car, just one of those Forza car fillers to add to the list.

Yinato
20-09-2015, 00:44
Hello everyone,

[IMPORTANT]

- First of all, know that this message simply will aim to obtain one or more confirmations on some elements and not to supply potential debates. -

As you know, there has been much debate about cuts Veedol chicane on the Nürburgring GP circuit during the round 9 in Formula A.
To prevent this from happening again and for perfect fairness, I'd get an official confirmation whether the passage of the Veedol Chicane SDL-Sonik driver is regulatory.

Should it be based on the detection system of the game that seems too permissive on this Veedol chicane or follow rules of the FIA?

Here in pictures and video passing the SDL-Sonik driver on the Veedol chicane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGSw67lWgqY

For comparison you can watch the passage of my Veedol chicane on my best lap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StuAuKKi5rQ

The difference between these two different passages may be approximately 2/10, which is huge.

My question: can I do the same as SDL-Sonik driver or is he at fault?

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

havocc
20-09-2015, 00:57
For the record he's with 4 wheels out of the track so the lap shouldn't be legit

Here's my hotlap, 2.02.2, no so fast but legit :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGxO8191zGg

Yinato
20-09-2015, 01:11
Thank you for your message.

Like you, I do not understand how the lap has been validated in this way.
I expect a response from the staff that will enlighten us.

Sincerely,
Anthony.

Dekin
20-09-2015, 01:16
I agree with Yinato,

The rules have to be clear and applied consistently for everybody. Ideally I would like it only to be determined by the game's detection system. But if this is not the case, then clearly SDL-Sonik is cutting the curb... he is even going over the cone! A clarification on this would be very good. Thank you Yinato for bringing it up.

N0body Of The Goat
20-09-2015, 09:51
Just had a quick event drive here and the exit can be cut by some margin without being invalidated...

havocc
20-09-2015, 11:54
Just had a quick event drive here and the exit can be cut by some margin without being invalidated...

Instead at the Schumacher the limit is much more harsh, i went with right wheels just beyond the curb while having others on the track and lap got invalidated...

Kevin Leaune
20-09-2015, 15:08
I'm not 1.53.455! I find the behavior of some really pathetic

Andy Tudor
20-09-2015, 15:50
As stated in the rules & regulations, all driver ghosts are manually reviewed 24 hours after each round completes.

And as with the previous round at the Nurburgring (and this particular corner ;)) any times where less than two tires are inside the white lines will be disregarded.

Val85
20-09-2015, 16:55
Hi,

Yes, the lap of SDL-Sonik it's not good. It is behind the white line.

Kevin Leaune
20-09-2015, 17:28
lap that was caught on video is not my best lap!

Joseph Barron
22-09-2015, 13:51
As Andy said, if you set your best lap with less than two tires inside the white lines at the final chicane, your time will not be included in the official results for this event.

We will manually review every player's ghost lap in order to determine whether your time is genuine or not. If we cannot view your ghost lap then your time will not be included in the official results. Therefore, you must allow other players to view your ghost lap. You should do this for all Driver Network Championship events.

We will be checking the ghost laps on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC after midnight UK time tonight, so please make sure you have allowed other players to view your ghost before then.

havocc
22-09-2015, 16:28
All 2500 hotlaps reviewed?

Yinato
22-09-2015, 20:02
Not only 20 first haha! :p

havocc
22-09-2015, 20:54
Not only 20 first haha! :p

So my rank 630 is safe :D

RTA nOsKiLlS
23-09-2015, 08:07
As Andy said, if you set your best lap with less than two tires inside the white lines at the final chicane, your time will not be included in the official results for this event.

We will manually review every player's ghost lap in order to determine whether your time is genuine or not. If we cannot view your ghost lap then your time will not be included in the official results. Therefore, you must allow other players to view your ghost lap. You should do this for all Driver Network Championship events.

We will be checking the ghost laps on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC after midnight UK time tonight, so please make sure you have allowed other players to view your ghost before then.

http://s23.postimg.org/tjba31hx7/Tuesday_Racing_2_Screenshot_2015_09_23_08_53_43.png

What happened here then? The 1.17's are not legit. Im willing to bet that some of the 18's are not legit either. Serious cutting at the 1st turn, the corkscrew, and the last turn. I have a 1.19.4 legit. The event is more than 24 hours old. During the event, I was following the ghosts and could clearly see for myself that cutting was happening. But as it had been said on here, if 2 wheels dont stay on the track, the lap wont be counted. So I stayed on the track.

As we can see from the pic, all non legit times are still there.

I wont be in any danger of winning the SMS-R champ, but Im passed caring if my laps are legit. The game allows it......its legit.....in my eyes.

Its just a slap in the face for all the people who keep it on the track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oWn3xvEef4

BTW - Nurburgring GP, the 3rd turn and the 4th turn can still be cut, and you can run wide from the exit of the 4th turn without invalidating the lap.

Joseph Barron
23-09-2015, 10:34
Hi everyone. A quick update from the dev team.

Results from Round 14: GT @ Nurburgring GP, will be delayed whilst we conduct an internal upgrade of our ghost reviewing tools.

At the moment, we do not expect additional delays to the results for Rounds 15 & 16, which both take place this weekend. We will keep you updated when we have any more news to report.

Slux t0mamaS
23-09-2015, 12:12
Hello everybody,

RTA NOskills I agree with you the ghost show that Slux GTurbo is cutting corkscrew and last turn too. I'am sure that, EVERY FAKE/CUTTING/CHEATING TIME (for SMS and every community event) will be delete in order to have in-rules competition. I hope the "uprgrade of the gosht reviewing tools" will benefit to fair-play racers.

ps : Send me an xbox request NoSkills, I got a setup for this monster on Laguna Seca and every grip track ;)

RTA nOsKiLlS
23-09-2015, 13:06
Hi everyone. A quick update from the dev team.

Results from Round 14: GT @ Nurburgring GP, will be delayed whilst we conduct an internal upgrade of our ghost reviewing tools.

At the moment, we do not expect additional delays to the results for Rounds 15 & 16, which both take place this weekend. We will keep you updated when we have any more news to report.

Wouldn't it be easier for SMS, and the players, if the game simply decided whether or not its a valid lap. I have no idea how you write games, or code, or whatever its called, but is it really too difficult to make the white lines the track limit?

Any excursion over the white lines by more than 2 wheels at any one time, would instantly INvalidate the laptime. Then you wouldn't need ghost review tools. People would only be able to set a VALID lap.

One thing Forza got perfect (in Forza 4 anyway) was track limits.(Not played 5 or 6) Why can't you copy that?

ONT
23-09-2015, 13:34
Wouldn't it be easier for SMS, and the players, if the game simply decided whether or not its a valid lap. I have no idea how you write games, or code, or whatever its called, but is it really too difficult to make the white lines the track limit?

Any excursion over the white lines by more than 2 wheels at any one time, would instantly INvalidate the laptime.

I'm sure this is the intent (most SIMs work this way).

Unfortunately there is still a long way to go here and in the meantime reviewing all contended runs is the only way.

FACT0RY PIL0T
25-09-2015, 10:52
So is traction and abs didabled for everyone now?

And too bad the current event top times arent listed on the forum across 3 platforms.

N0body Of The Goat
25-09-2015, 11:40
So is traction and abs didabled for everyone now?

And too bad the current event top times arent listed on the forum across 3 platforms.

Not according to http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event?event=37 for pc times.

Now some of them which have abs/tc/sc listed as active might be "false positives" produced by using "real" assists in options>gameplay, But #1 for example has sc "off," suggesting selecting individual assists is possible.