PDA

View Full Version : Patch 4.0 - Bug with RUF CTR Yellowbird engine RPM sticking

senn
18-09-2015, 12:58
On PC version. I am running boost at 1.4bar (2.4bar on setup screen) In 5th gear (actually seems to do it in all gears, but more noticable in 5th as RPMS increasing slower) the engine rpm slows approaching 5380rpm and stops for a while, but the cars speed continues to accelerate. After a while the revs continue again. almost feels like it has a torque converter or CVT for a little bit.

Thanks for improving the brakes on this car tho, much nicer ;)

senn
19-09-2015, 10:46
Here's a video. If you short shift in the lower gears around the rpm this happens at it seems to get worse. Feels like an old car I had with a bad clutch.....except the rpm would get higher and the speed would stop, this is the other way around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRpRkLGkdWA&feature=youtu.be

cluck
19-09-2015, 11:26
I've just tried it at Nords and cannot recreate what your video shows - the revs rise as expected through all the gears. Can you try it with a default setup (if you haven't already) and see if the problem is still there. If not, then it might be worth posting up any car setup changes to see if there's something in the specific setup you've used that is causing the glitch :).

senn
19-09-2015, 12:52
I've just tried it at Nords and cannot recreate what your video shows - the revs rise as expected through all the gears. Can you try it with a default setup (if you haven't already) and see if the problem is still there. If not, then it might be worth posting up any car setup changes to see if there's something in the specific setup you've used that is causing the glitch :).

Just tried it with a dead stock setup. Wind the boost up to 2.4bar in the setup (1.4bar indicated on boost gauge) It is there on stock boost @ 2.1bar but less noticable. EDIT: It also appears to stop the engine power and torque at the same time the RPM freezes

cluck
19-09-2015, 12:57
OK, will give that a go now. But there was no hint of it on my system with the default setup - if my internet connection wasn't so awful, I'd upload a video to show what happens on my PC.

plakplak
19-09-2015, 14:14
Isn't it clutch set to handle maximum toque of 700 Nm and it is just slipping?

marcelo carbon
19-09-2015, 14:20
this car looks like it has not brake, or is it just me?

Ralph B
19-09-2015, 20:17
According to the opening posting I don't see any change of the brakes. They still overheat terribly on several track and loose all effectiveness. However, that's annother story and the guys of SMS are on it:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39339-Ruf-CTR-Yellowbird-Brake-overheating

Speaking about the mentioned bug, can confirm it. I'm using a modified setup with 2.4bar pressure. I barely notice any difference to the previous version in lower gears, but in 5th there's actually something like a short loss of power at about 5400rpm. Acceleration stops, tacho seems to be frozen for 1-2 seconds, then the car starts to accelerate again.
It does not feel like a slipping clutch for me, more like a lag in the torque curve,

senn
20-09-2015, 11:54
According to the opening posting I don't see any change of the brakes. They still overheat terribly on several track and loose all effectiveness. However, that's annother story and the guys of SMS are on it:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39339-Ruf-CTR-Yellowbird-Brake-overheating

Speaking about the mentioned bug, can confirm it. I'm using a modified setup with 2.4bar pressure. I barely notice any difference to the previous version in lower gears, but in 5th there's actually something like a short loss of power at about 5400rpm. Acceleration stops, tacho seems to be frozen for 1-2 seconds, then the car starts to accelerate again.
It does not feel like a slipping clutch for me, more like a lag in the torque curve,

glad someone else has been able to reproduce this, thought I was going nuts!

Holdidi
20-09-2015, 20:35
Hi all,
I have same issue, at Watkins Glen on the long straight, but only there. In other places I did not see this stop at around 5400 rpm yet.

Greetings

senn
24-09-2015, 23:03
Anyone confirm this has been added to a bug list? Hard to know if anyone from SMS has actually seen it....

Vennt
24-09-2015, 23:31
2.1 to 2.4 bar.. Wait, what?!?!?!

2.4 bar pressure? Holy moly what's going on there?

The car was specced out of the shop with adjustable boost, from a min of .75 bar to a max of "specced" 1.2 bar, but it was believed to get closer to slightly over 1.4 bar. (that was it's max!, not min, nor a medium set-up)

Is it possible that the overly high pressure settings being available for this car in the set-up are not, themselves, the problem, and cause of the issues?

CTR Yellowbird details at VintageSportcar.com (http://vintageandsportscar.com/rvsc/DIR3/DIR4/DIR5/1985_RUF_BTR_911_Turbo.html)

The CTR used a twin-turbo version of the 3.4L engine, with Bosch Motronic management from the 962. Power was up to 469hp, with, and a top speed of 211mph (340km/hr). The 29 CTR’s had special aerodynamic bodies constructed, all on the narrow body 911’s, with the drip-rails ground off, the rear wiper removed, an aero mirror and special bodywork that added 1” to the rear fenders allowing the narrow body car to run 10” wide rear rims. The front and rear bumpers were replaced with lightweight aerodynamic fiberglass sections. The car was also significantly lightened with aluminium door skins, fenders and trunk lid (similar to the homologated 911 SC/RS of the late 1970’s) and it weighed in at less than 2,600lbs. It had an integrated roll cage, heat exchangers replaced by a front mounted gas heater, the oil tank relocated to the front compartment, twin turbos and intercoolers mounted on sides of the engine bay, a central air intake, adjustable boost from .75bar (350hp) to 1.2bar (470hp), a/c delete, new larger diameter fuel lines with 4 fuel pumps and brakes straight off of the 962 racer. No RUF CTR was ever sold in North America, as the didn’t have impact bumpers.

.75bar 350hp
1.2bar 470hp
1.4bar closer to 600hp, hence the belief this car approached that boost level over the specced 1.2bar.

cluck
24-09-2015, 23:42
it is indeed 1.4bar + 1bar atmospheric pressure, giving a total of 2.4bar :)

EDIT : Forgot to add, I still haven't tried it with the higher boost setting myself.

Vennt
24-09-2015, 23:47
Doh! - Well, it *is* late here, and I'm obviously lacking sleep and oxygen to completely discount that haha.

For some reason I thought he was talking about setting the boost to 2.4bar, Now I'm trying to do the sums for a total of 3.4bar and imaging the HP that would result, hell, a fly landing on the throttle who probably send you into a spin at that power, let alone my heavy lead foot :D

senn
25-09-2015, 00:23
it's a bit silly to be honest because the tyres etc don't add normal atmospheric to the setting values (AFAIK)....nor does anyone I've ever met in real life. If I say my car is running 1bar of boost I mean 13.8psi...not none.

1.4bar in the RUF CTR will give you around 580hp and 700nm...except something is funky with the physics at the moment...

Felipe Becker
25-09-2015, 03:12
I believe the pressure in the turbine is measured as relative pressure not absolute pressure. So it supposed to show 1.4 not 2.4.

CPU M Rossi
25-09-2015, 03:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kCpr9K_2GM
(I am using the values on the setup screen)
I tried out 2.1 -2.4 bars and it only hangs at 5380rpms in 5th with 2.4 bars when I shift below 6,000rpms when I tried it on the Xbox
and if I shifted at 7,000 it didn't seem to hang

senn
06-10-2015, 03:16
Still no idea if someone from SMS has actually had a chance to aknowledge this one. Is there a better place these bug reports can be moved to moderators? Would be good if there was a system for knowing if bug reports have been added to fix lists etc, even though I'm aware you guys are quite busy.

Bealdor
09-10-2015, 11:21
Sorry for the late reply. I notified the devs to make sure it's acknowledged.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
09-10-2015, 15:37
FWIW temporarily you can drop the boost two ticks from max (I think) and it won't stick while still giving you a lot of power.

CaptainJohann
09-10-2015, 15:38
I had a similar issue last night with the Caterham Classic after depressing the clutch whilst running automatic gears. The ref counter showed my revs going into the red, but my speed kept climbing up. Issue continued after setting to manual gears; fixed by remapping and re-calibrating my clutch pedal.

Casey Ringley
09-10-2015, 16:30
Nice catch guys. Just a little bit of clutch slip at max boost in the CTR. Checked in a fix with a stronger clutch.

Re: absolute or relative boost. I'm firmly in the absolute pressure camp. Say you've got a car with 1.4bar boost at sea level (1.0bar atmospheric). You get a result of 2.4bar absolute pressure going into the engine. Now take that same car up to Denver (1 mile altitude) where atmospheric pressure is only 0.85bar. Turbos are designed to hit an absolute pressure, not relative, so the compressor will spin a bit faster to hit that 2.4bar number, which means you're now talking about 1.55bar boost relative to ambient conditions. Relative boost is relative to your location and conditions while absolute (which is what determines total power output) is not. That's why turbo engines generally perform better at altitude and often require balance of performance changes for certain tracks in real series.