PDA

View Full Version : [STILL AFTER 4.0] Remapping KERS button & bug switching between items in leaderboard

DinkLv
18-09-2015, 13:21
First things first, thank you very much for the evolution of pcars brought by patch 4.0.
THE REMAPPING FOR KERS BUTTON HAS ISSUES UNDER CLASSIC MODE OF XBOX ONE CONTROLLING ON PC.
Another issue is that switching between 'Tracks' and 'Cars' leads to switching between different records on the leaderboard. When pressing A button it seems to open the steam screen and car/track selection simutaneously.
Here are the pictures.
After mapping KERS to LB:
Both Y AND LB are mapped to KERS as Y is the default mapping.
On the controller selection screen:
At this time, the only button that activates KERS is Y. The KERS can no longer be activated by any of the buttons once if I map Y to any other functions until I select another type of controller. So that just seems to be that KERS can only be activated by button Y and there's a one-to-one relationship. It's not asking buttons to take the duty of KERS, but asking KERS to react only to button Y at the first time. There could never be a situation like picture 2 before patch 4.0 so i guess the dev just clearifies the indication but not do any tests on these kind of minor bug.
The issues of the leaderboard:
I'm just fond of using the controller for all of the operations, so these are the pictures before and after i have made a downwards move on my left thumbstick. Both of track/car selection and player's tag were highlighted, and after i pressed A:
Both menus of car selection and player's profile poped up, which created some inconvinience. I guess a good solution might be to highlight only one item on either side of the leaderboard.
IMHO, i could have used other methods to go around these bugs but i just pick them out, some of the 'minor' issues that you might think not that necessary to even give a test after a hotfix. Though there's still some bugs on the way to perfection, i still highly appreciate SMS and WMD's effort put into patch 4.0 which is really a major evolution. Thank you very much.

DinkLv
18-09-2015, 14:56
First pump

konnos
18-09-2015, 15:40
Selecting both a track/car and clicking of a driver's name in the leaderboard has been so since the beginning for me. The selection highlight appears to be working in both screens (driver name and track/car) and this is why steam opens up, to show you the selected driver's profile.

I too would like to see this tweaked, so we can navigate between car/track and driver names using the left and right.

Bruno Alexandre
18-09-2015, 16:49
We were aware of the reports on KERS, but we lacked an important information you just mentioned on your detailed report. The Classic gamepad profile.

This will be addressed along with the leaderboard navigation in the upcoming patches :)

DinkLv
19-09-2015, 01:41
We were aware of the reports on KERS, but we lacked an important information you just mentioned on your detailed report. The Classic gamepad profile.

This will be addressed along with the leaderboard navigation in the upcoming patches :)

In fact Bealdor had recorded my report just after but I forgot to post the pictures. Thank you very much.