PDA

View Full Version : Lobby instabillity increase

OverHaased
18-09-2015, 14:04
I have had more "Disconnected from Sever returning to menu" issues in the last 2 nights then in all the months I have had this game.

At first I thought it was just my own end of the connection so I called up a buddy and we tried something I have not done before. We both entered the search for lobby and entered a session independently. So it was not an invite or a party. Then we started a qualifying session at Oulton Park. 10 minutes into a 15 minute session I got the disconnected pop up and ended up back at the PCars main screen. Here is where this info might help the Devs. I was on track in front of my friend and we were on our phones as a sort of chat workaround not skype but our actual phones. When I was disconnected my car turned hard right and hit the wall. I did not experience this I was just gone but my friend was right behind it and saw it happen and as my car hit the wall, he got disconnected too. So it was about 2 to 3 seconds apart and we both ended up back at the Pcars main screen. We then went to the join lobby tab, and our race was still up so we both joined. However we ended up in that games lobby but it never let us back into the game. There was still a few minutes of qualifying however in the lobby it showed everyone just sitting in there. you could click the start race tab and get the little thumbs up however nothing else happened. We were both in the lobby, we could see each other clicking and the little thumbs up icon appearing and disappearing however the clock stayed at 60.

So what is the deal here?

Who "owns the servers these lobbies reside in?"

I attribute this exclusively to the lobbys as it was happening simultaneously on two separate consoles 75 miles apart from one another.

KkDrummer
18-09-2015, 14:19
yeah...I tried to play last night, but had to give up. there were just a few lobbies, game would crash, connection drop, I couldn't see the car names in the select car list, change tracks...pretty bad in comparison to the experience I'd had a couple of weeks before.