PDA

View Full Version : Meaning of Time progression OFF

BigAlex
18-09-2015, 14:43
Well I just want to confirm my understanding.

Time progression OFF means that the time will freeze and the daylight changes will not occur when this setting is selected.

Am I right?

I don't know why someone would like to set the time progression this way...Any specific situation?

Regards,

Roger Prynne
18-09-2015, 15:25
Yes if set to off then the time will remain at the same for what ever you set it at.
You should get a constant ambient temperature as well as Track temps (I think)

BigAlex
18-09-2015, 17:10
Yes if set to off then the time will remain at the same for what ever you set it at.
You should get a constant ambient temperature as well as Track temps (I think)

Should I assume that in this situation the weather progression won't happen at all? Or Is it totally independent to the time progression?

flymar
18-09-2015, 17:37
Independent. There is the other slider for it.

Dam351
18-09-2015, 21:17
An example someone may choose to use that time setting is if racing cars without headlights. It wont become too dark during longer races.

BigAlex
18-09-2015, 21:44
An example someone may choose to use that time setting is if racing cars without headlights. It wont become too dark during longer races.
I managed to watch a video in youtube that unfortunately the FA cars had to drive in total darkness in the last laps :-)

lancashirelad
18-09-2015, 22:44
Apparently sms are releasing a Delorean as dlc and if you get it up to 88mph you are transported back in time to the 80's to race against cars from the arcade game Pole position.
Disclaimer
( I might have made that up) :)

BigAlex
19-09-2015, 00:08
Apparently sms are releasing a Delorean as dlc and if you get it up to 88mph you are transported back in time to the 80's to race against cars from the arcade game Pole position.
Disclaimer
( I might have made that up) :)
LOL!!!!!

chig88
19-09-2015, 10:35
I use it when I'm working on a setup in free practice.

If you're spending a long time tweaking things it's easier without time progression because you're not trying to hit a constantly moving target.