PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit camera / TrackIR problems

redglyph
18-09-2015, 20:26
Hello,

pCARS 4.0, Windows 7 x64
TrackIR 5
T500RS

I have spotted several problems with cockpit cam.

1) Cockpit camera switches to another camera in pit stops. I have seen that in the "known issues" thread, but it doesn't seem to be addressed at all, it's been there for months and looks like an easy fix. It's quite annoying.

2) The angle limit when turning one's head in cockpit camera mode (yaw) is too short, it's about +90 / -90 degrees. In some cars it makes sense, like a modern Formula 1 for example, where it's not possible to turn the head very much. But in other cars it's ridiculous, like the Lotus 49. It's barely possible to see incoming cars when recovering / exiting pit stops. It's not helped by the next issue either.

3) The mirrors do not reflect the rear view, they project it like a fixed camera view on a screen. When moving the player's head around, it's plain obvious, the angle of reflection does not change. Again, in a car like the Lotus 49 it makes it impossible to watch for cars that are behind. In rFactor 2, for example, it's done correctly, you can move the head a bit to the right or to down in order to check for other cars.

Hope you can do something about that, especially the first issue that seems to be forgotten :)

artao
18-09-2015, 21:21
1) Cockpit camera switches to another camera in pit stops. I have seen that in the "known issues" thread, but it doesn't seem to be addressed at all, it's been there for months and looks like an easy fix. It's quite annoying.
Agree. Pretty please SMS, fix this. For realz yo ;)

2) The angle limit when turning one's head in cockpit camera mode (yaw) is too short, it's about +90 / -90 degrees. In some cars it makes sense, like a modern Formula 1 for example, where it's not possible to turn the head very much. But in other cars it's ridiculous, like the Lotus 49. It's barely possible to see incoming cars when recovering / exiting pit stops. It's not helped by the next issue either.
hmm .... I'm using FaceTrack No-IR, and I've been able to turn my head in-car past 90 degrees. Are you sure you have your head-tracking curves set up so you CAN turn your head that far?

Number 3 I can't comment on, as I haven't experienced that. I don't usually use the virtual rear-view mirror, just the standard cars' mirrors.

redglyph
19-09-2015, 07:32
hmm .... I'm using FaceTrack No-IR, and I've been able to turn my head in-car past 90 degrees. Are you sure you have your head-tracking curves set up so you CAN turn your head that far?

Yes, sure, it just stops dead but I should have enough for TrackIR to turn the racer's head more than 180 each side (which would certainly hurt quite a bit) while still facing the screen.

Strangely, in most games the angle is limited by default and I couldn't find how to relax it in pCARS. In rF2 for example, there is a configuration file somewhere you can edit. In AC, it's fine by default, and in R3E it seems to be blocked as in pCARS (there are settings in files but they are ignored).

For 3, I am talking about the car's mirrors, not the virtual one of course.

Mahjik
19-09-2015, 15:20
For #3, that's more of a feature than a bug. Post it up in the Features Suggestion area to get some views on the idea and SMS to notice it.

redglyph
22-09-2015, 18:05
That's a good idea. First though I'd like them to notice the old cockpit problem (and possibly know how to get rid of this poor view angle when relevant) ;)