PDA

View Full Version : Oculus Rift help needed

naton566
18-09-2015, 23:00
Hi all,

Love the game, love playing it with a wheel and wanted to take it one step further by playing with the rift as well.

I can look around in the rift but it only acts as a second monitor and does not move the drivers head with my movement.

any help would be greatly appreciated,

- naton566

Monsthor
25-09-2015, 14:42
Still no luck?

TrevorAustin
25-09-2015, 15:51
Hi all,

Love the game, love playing it with a wheel and wanted to take it one step further by playing with the rift as well.

I can look around in the rift but it only acts as a second monitor and does not move the drivers head with my movement.

any help would be greatly appreciated,

- naton566

Sounds like you are just using the wrong view. You want the one that is two before the chase cam view.

Or, have you checked in the oculus demo everything is as it should be?

Joe Moore
25-09-2015, 16:11
I was surprised that the change from my 780 -- to -- ASUS strix 980ti was very little a frame or two extra , I know the 780 I had was pritty sweet with the rift but I decided to change in anticipation for the customer version knowing we need atleast 95fps .

Any of you guy with a 980ti care to share what your settings are please .

TrevorAustin
25-09-2015, 16:18
I was surprised that the change from my 780 -- to -- ASUS strix 980ti was very little a frame or two extra , I know the 780 I had was pritty sweet with the rift but I decided to change in anticipation for the customer version knowing we need atleast 95fps .

Any of you guy with a 980ti care to share what your settings are please .

There won't be much change, the dk2 is cpu not gpu limited at present. Check out the main oculus thread, I've tested this to death. If you're gpu is under 85% utilised cpu speed increase is far more effective than changing gpu.