PDA

View Full Version : Me racing my own ghost at Road America

gelfie
19-09-2015, 08:09
Beat myself by 1/10th

Also I know I turn in too early on some corners then have to flatten out and turn in again to finish the turn, slowing me down.

Still any other tips on how to go faster would be great. Trying go get to Leaderboard #3 at a 2:06

Video is cockpit, TV replay, and replay from the ghost car POV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnfTyjloEFo&feature=em-upload_owner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnfTyjloEFo&feature=em-upload_owner

Zanzibar
21-09-2015, 18:47
I just shaved 3 tenths off my best by softening slow rebounds. Helped with stability on corner exits.

[Edit] Interesting use of first gear. I usually take those corners a gear higher but i haven't messed around with the gearing at all.

gelfie
22-09-2015, 00:36
Did you soften the front or rear rebound?

I feel I should take the corner after the corvette bridge and the one before the carrousel in 2nd, but have difficulty slowing down enough with out the extra downshift.

Thanks for the reply.

Zanzibar
22-09-2015, 03:40
Rear only.

Turn 6 (after Corvette bridge) is the hardest part of the circuit for me and probably where I lose the most time. I always take it in 2nd but my setup causes bigtime understeer so I end up slowing down more than I ought to.

gelfie
23-09-2015, 08:45
I find "Canada Corner" I think it is called the toughest... at the end of the super long straight... so hard to go through there carrying speed, not losing the rear, and not going so wide you bounce off the curbing and oversteer into the tyre wall on the right of the track.

I tried going round turn 6 in 2nd... but I run 0 front wing. Can't do it. Turning on front wing makes it possible, but I lose too much time down the straights.

Zanzibar
23-09-2015, 19:08
Trail braking helps to hit the apex at Canada Corner..but yeah, if you don't scrub off enough speed you risk losing the lap...and it's such a long lap too. That's why at that point, I don't fool around with late braking. Slow in, fast out.

I won't be hotlapping this circuit with the AM for a while. I was working out a setup for Watkins Glen and accidentally hit save all and overwrote the one I had for RA. :mad:

gelfie
24-09-2015, 03:14
Well I got back up into fourth place. It was difficult and to be honest I think I just got lucky and pulled out a good lap. I think its time I pick up a different car track combination myself.

Thanks for the tips and the chat.