PDA

View Full Version : Unattended bugs in solo mode

altid6
19-09-2015, 10:01
Hi SMS, this is not a post because I want to complain, this is help by telling you about some bugs that I encounter and some bugs that you might not be aware of.

This is such a great game, so I only wants to help, so it can become even better.
I mainly makes endurance races in solo mode, so this is also, where I have found some bugs. Some small, but also some that is really frustrating and game breaking.

These bugs have been in the game from the beginning.
I have upgrade to version 4.0 but they are still there.
I use PC and the setup is 250 laps of Spa, GT3 class, 35 opponents, no aids and in this case just clear weather.

In addition, here is the first bug. The weather is clear, the forecast is clear and still all of my opponents uses GT3 rain tires!
A small not game breaking bug, but still annoying is that I do not use HUD, but only the information from the dashboard in the GT3 car. For better visuals, I always turns the light on, so I better can see the information. However, every time I enters the pit, the light is switched off and I have to turn it on, when I leave the pits.

When I switch to my AI driver all tire and brake telemetry stops working, both on the dash and in the PCdash app. Therefore, I cannot monitor temperature or tire wear.

Now to the frustrating and for me game breaking bug. The end of an endurance race.
When the leader of a race crosses the finish line, race just stops. Why is it not possible to finish the lap that you are on? The same goes for qualifying. Let us finish the lap.

The most annoying part is that when the leader has won the race, you a presented with the result screen, but in the background the AI driver has taken over the car and still drives in racing speed, even overtaking opponents and moving up on the leaderboard. How come that the AI driver is a loud to finish the race and not yourself!

Finally, the race result. Look at this picture and see if you can notice something very wrong.
Look at the laps for each driver and then on the place they finish the race. That is just so wrong. How can a car witch has done 250 laps get in lower on the leaderboard than a car witch has done 248 laps.
That is because the game just classifies in the order the cars crosses the finish line and not calculates for cars witch is lapped. That is not good and needs some attention. There is even a car with 250 laps ending up as number 26, behind cars he has lapped 4 times.
This just destroys proper endurance racing.

Moreover, for the even better endurance racing experience we would like to have timed races, proper multi class and hopefully custom championships.

You have the Le Mans license, please lets us experience the true endurance spirit :o).
Thank you for a great game.

cpl
19-09-2015, 12:20
Moreover, for the even better endurance racing experience we would like to have timed races, proper multi class and hopefully custom championships.

You have the Le Mans license, please lets us experience the true endurance spirit :o).

true, true, one can hope...these features are in high demand, lets hope they get to us on demand.

Roger Prynne
19-09-2015, 12:55
Reported.... thanks for the info.

hdh
19-09-2015, 13:01
Don't forget the corner cutting behavior of your AI co-driver which gets you disqualified.

Mahjik
19-09-2015, 15:16
When I switch to my AI driver all tire and brake telemetry stops working, both on the dash and in the PCdash app. Therefore, I cannot monitor temperature or tire wear.

The AI uses a different set of physics than the player. Are you suggesting this information was a available before (as I'm not sure how it could have been)?

altid6
19-09-2015, 15:25
The AI uses a different set of physics than the player. Are you suggesting this information was a available before (as I'm not sure how it could have been)?
No not at all. I was just wondering, because all the other informations on the dashboard works just fine, when the AI driver is in control of the car. Just not tire temp, it is just a fixed number shown in det dash.

N0body Of The Goat
19-09-2015, 15:36
In addition, here is the first bug. The weather is clear, the forecast is clear and still all of my opponents uses GT3 rain tires!

I recently reported a very similar bug on the WMD forum (I also reported the bug about incorrect final positions). ;)

As regards the AI using rain tyres in what seems "clear" conditions, IIRC, for me it was triggered by using "real weather" combined with "sync to race" weather progression.

Mahjik
19-09-2015, 16:21
Just not tire temp, it is just a fixed number shown in det dash.

Yes, this will be due to the different physics models.