PDA

View Full Version : How do car setups work ?

starhound
19-09-2015, 14:35
Am i right in thinking that if i change a car set up the same settings are applied to all cars i used thereafter ??
So basically i need to change the setup every time i change my car ?? Only asking as im starting a new career now i have the 458 spider setup and working sweet. And i was playing with the car setup in practise mode before ?
Regards Dazz

Schnizz58
19-09-2015, 14:56
How do car setups work ?
Not particularly well.

Am i right in thinking that if i change a car set up the same settings are applied to all cars i used thereafter ??
So basically i need to change the setup every time i change my car ?? Only asking as im starting a new career now i have the 458 spider setup and working sweet. And i was playing with the car setup in practise mode before ?
Regards Dazz
Each setup is unique to a certain car. So you can't apply a setup from one car to another one. The cars might not have the same things that can be tuned and the values probably wouldn't make sense on the new car anyway. For example, it would be illogical to try to take a tune from a GT3 car and try to put it on a Caterham Classic.

starhound
19-09-2015, 15:10
Thanks pal i get it now :-)

STEELJOCKEY
21-09-2015, 07:25
Also if you are at a particular track when you do a setup, it will only save to that car type at that track, unless you go in to your garage and select all tracks or choose a group of tracks to save the setup to.