PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN ISSUE] My Pit Crew Ignores any settings i make... help please

c3lix
19-09-2015, 16:29
Hello,

this is a huge problem for me in career Mode GT3. I saved a pit strategy with "hard tires" and marked it as "active", when I test my strategy in practice, the pit crew ignores it and gives me soft tires.

I tried:
- making a pit strategy, drive into the pit and close the window
- making a pit strategy, drive into the pit and change settings, save it and close the window
- default, drive into the pit and change settings and close pit window

This also happens in endurance race... with 100%...

Any hints how to solve this issue?

Mahjik
19-09-2015, 16:37
It's a known issue. The devs have fixed it, but not in time for the Patch 4.0 release schedule.

c3lix
19-09-2015, 16:39
So there is no workaround for it? I can't do a race with weather change and rain with that ...

Invincible
19-09-2015, 17:02
You can. The pit crew will always give you the softest tire available for the current weather. So if it rains, you'll be given rain tires. If it's dry, you get softs.

Despite the issue, I didn't have any problems in career. Softs are durable enough for most races.

Shinzah
19-09-2015, 17:07
It only seems to affect tires. I haven't had any issues refueling my car or anything.

I haven't used medium/hard tires since I tried them in launch week in the Endurance races and found I could run a full stint on Softs and make more time by single stinting my tires anyway. I wasn't even aware this bug existed until a few days ago.

Zeke Bewlay
19-09-2015, 23:01
You can. The pit crew will always give you the softest tire available for the current weather. So if it rains, you'll be given rain tires. If it's dry, you get softs.

Despite the issue, I didn't have any problems in career. Softs are durable enough for most races.

Agree no real need for anything but softs in career. However, I did have GT3 race where the pit insisted on giving me hards even when I specifically asked for softs. Mcclaren at Monza iirc