PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel

Chimildo
19-09-2015, 17:13
hi, have been trying to convince the wife that we need a steering wheel, and I have decided to get the TX after watching a few reviews but it seems the stock is very low and the price has gone up quite a bit,then I was on simpit you tube channel the other night and they said thrustmaster have announced a improved TX with the 3 peddles for release late sept. does anyone know any info on price or release or the old one, which should come down in price when the new one is released (I hope)

foxy2020
19-09-2015, 17:39
Well i just purchased one the other day off amazon, if there is a new one out then thats a bit of a pain. But hey ho its a great bit of kit, my new favorite toy, love love love it!

P.S. I think 260 on amazon is pretty cheap?

Oh and with 2 yer warranty as standard i'd not worry too much about the possible defects and issues.

Efill4ziggiN
19-09-2015, 20:08
The base is still the same. But now you get t3pa pedals and the t28 leather steering wheel. Instead of the toy one that came with older wheel' and the shite plastic to pedals set ... Or you can just buy the base on it's own and get the t3pa pro and the new 599x new wheel That has just come out from thustmaster . I'm getting it soon its gorgeous mate

inthebagbud
19-09-2015, 21:14
Well i just purchased one the other day off amazon, if there is a new one out then thats a bit of a pain. But hey ho its a great bit of kit, my new favorite toy, love love love it!

P.S. I think 260 on amazon is pretty cheap?

Oh and with 2 yer warranty as standard i'd not worry too much about the possible defects and issues.

Is that amazon UK or .com as I struggle finding TM products from a UK retailer and buying direct from TM is a pain as any warranty issues take weeks to sort out

2pfspiff
19-09-2015, 21:54
The base is still the same. But now you get t3pa pedals and the t28 leather steering wheel. Instead of the toy one that came with older wheel' and the shite plastic to pedals set ... Or you can just buy the base on it's own and get the t3pa pro and the new 599x new wheel That has just come out from thustmaster . I'm getting it soon its gorgeous mate

I agree with just buying the base and then get the pedals and rim you want. The 599 alcantara rim looks awesome and if you are getting pedals, then get the T3PA pro's.

foxy2020
19-09-2015, 23:21
Is that amazon UK or .com as I struggle finding TM products from a UK retailer and buying direct from TM is a pain as any warranty issues take weeks to sort out

Direct from amazon uk

wOoDsTeR16
20-09-2015, 06:24

I got mine from Amazon and had a right mess about getting it, it took nearly 2 weeks yet when I ordered it they said I would have it within 4 days. Here is the UK Thrustmaster website

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/

I ordered my T3PA-Pros from there at 4pm, I had them at 11:45am the following morning. The funny thing was when I looked at the tracking, it took just over 4hrs to get from France to Birmingham in the UK, but it took just over 6 hrs to get from there to Lincoln (An hrs drive) lol

Chimildo
21-09-2015, 12:12
if you were to buy the base then a wheel then the T3PA pro peddles you'll be close to 500. I've never looked but how much are the fanatecs must be close

Raven403
21-09-2015, 12:18
if you were to buy the base then a wheel then the T3PA pro peddles you'll be close to 500. I've never looked but how much are the fanatecs must be close

Pretty sure for a similar setup to the TX with T3PA pedals your lookin at close to a grand from Fanatec. Value for money its Thustmaster Id say. Versatility and Customization tho you can do ALOT with Fanatec's modular setups.

foxy2020
21-09-2015, 13:42

Well exactly so 260 from amazon is pretty good value, ok so the wheel is the ferrari one but hey its a wheel and no FFB comes out of the wheel so the wheel add ons are just for vanity and may get the F1 wheel for christmas from someone, and the pedals, not too fussed about 3 pedals at the moment really.

I'm well chuffed with it so far...if only i could get FFB setting to save on Project Cars though..

the_monk
21-09-2015, 20:53
I have the 458 spider wheel(no force feedback), Now if i buy the TX servo base unit & the F1 wheel ad-on, can i use my spider pedals with the tx base unit & f1 wheel? asking this as i can then save some money & get the better pedals later on.
Will the 458 spider pedals work on the TX base? the 458 spider base does take T3PA pedals so should work vice versa i feel.

Thanks.

2pfspiff
21-09-2015, 21:42

A fanatec V2 bas with a complete setup will cost about $1400 us dollars. I know the TX built the way you describe will be about $599 US dollars. You can buy the new TX with the T3pa pedals and leather wrapped 458 rim for $469 US dollars.

tx-racing-wheel-leather-edition (http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/tx-racing-wheel-leather-edition-0)

2pfspiff
21-09-2015, 21:45
I have the 458 spider wheel(no force feedback), Now if i buy the TX servo base unit & the F1 wheel ad-on, can i use my spider pedals with the tx base unit & f1 wheel? asking this as i can then save some money & get the better pedals later on.
Will the 458 spider pedals work on the TX base? the 458 spider base does take T3PA pedals so should work vice versa i feel.

Thanks.

You should have no issue's with your Spyder pedals. I think they are the same pedals the come with the base TX 458 edition with the exception of the medal foot pedal plates.

2pfspiff
21-09-2015, 21:48
Pretty sure for a similar setup to the TX with T3PA pedals your lookin at close to a grand from Fanatec. Value for money its Thustmaster Id say. Versatility and Customization tho you can do ALOT with Fanatec's modular setups.

Agreed, if you have the money to spend then go with the fanatec. If I can con the wife into it, when I get my bonus I will try to squeeze her for the Fanatec V2 setup.. I want a wheel that I can use for both the PS4 and the XB1 (Only wheel that works for both with the XB1 hub). I have Pcars for both as well as FM6 and I will get GT7 for PS4 when it comes out.

the_monk
22-09-2015, 07:58
You should have no issue's with your Spyder pedals. I think they are the same pedals the come with the base TX 458 edition with the exception of the medal foot pedal plates.

Thanks for the info, its sweet that i can use my default spider pedals with the tx servo base & f1 wheel :-)