PDA

View Full Version : Xbox one controller settings help please

GTR_07
19-09-2015, 19:19
Hi

I am really struggling with project cars using the Xbox one controller.

The game itself is superb but I have spent hours upon hours trying to find some decent settings to no avail.

I know it's possible to get good settings as I seen YouTube videos with people using a controller going fast and smooth.

For me it seems if I slightly move the analog stick when I'm cornering I either spin or the car is uncontrollable for me.

It's really frustrating. I'm not expecting perfect settings to make me top the leaderboards or anything just something to make this game more enjoyable offline racing the a.i.

So really would appreciate some advice on how to achieve some good settings.

Thanks

TRL Karthikeyan
19-09-2015, 21:19
This vid will put you in the right direction.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRpnqCNq1Kg
Them settings should make it smooth and also each in car setup there is a 'steering ratio' setting.
which can tweak the steering, less =more sensitive steering and more = less sensitive.

2pfspiff
19-09-2015, 21:36
Check out the Xbox-One-Controller-Configuration-Guide (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23153-Xbox-One-Controller-Configuration-Guide) I followed this guide and found that 12% on the steering deadzone, Speed sensitivity I have at 55%, controller filtering at 65%, Brake dead zone is at 16. All of my sensitivities for throttle, brake and steering are at zero. I use controller input mode 2 instead of 3. I still was running with the Stability and abs control on, everything else off. Hope this helps, it helped me until I go a wheel.

Flat_out
19-09-2015, 21:52
I find using mode 2 with very little adjustments is good for me.

GTR_07
19-09-2015, 22:25
Thanks for the advice and video and thread links it's appreciated.

I had a look in the thread you posted (did not realise is was pinned at the top of this forum.

There is some excellent information in that thread and I tried some settings from another user and they are great. Completely changed the game for me (much more enjoyable now)

Cannot wait to start the career now I have waited months to try this (for patche fixes and to get some nice controller settings) and to finally buy the DLC packs on offer.

So this set up should keep me going untill I can afford a force feedback wheel. Again thanks everyone for taking the time to reply and help.

PPPMAT
20-09-2015, 17:28
Sort your deadzones out and add assisted steering is my advice. I can't hope to be as accurate with a pad than a wheel but steering assist just helps smooth things out. Really playable for me and I can get some good times so it works for me. Horses for courses etc but worth a try if nothing else. It is a joy to play like this with a pad (IMHO)

GTR_07
21-09-2015, 10:22
Thanks for the advice yes you are right steering assists helps especially in high power cars cornering.

These are the settings I got from the Xbox one controller thread

Steering dead zone. - 20
Steering sensitivity. - 5
Throttle dead zone. - 0
Throttle sensitivity . - 15
Brake dead zone. - 0
Brake sensitivity . - 35
Clutch dead zone. - 10
Clutch sensitivity . - 45

Speed sensitivity. - 65

Controller filtering sensitivity. - 20 (important)

Force feedback . - 70

Controller input mode. - 3

Then advance , soft steering , visual wheel = all on

Opposite lock help = off

Then in gameplay options I have steering assist. Traction control and stability help all activated.

With this set up project cars is like a new racer for me it's simply phenomenal now can not get enough of it (forza 6 getting pushed to the side for now)

I finally started a career last night (months I have been waiting to try this) and started in the Clio cup. Loved it such a blast (I have the A.I. set to 80 which for now offers me a good challenge)

Now I have it all set up its hard to put down I find myself telling myself just one more lap 10 laps later...so good.

Going to buy all the DLC today really want to race the Mercedes dtm (is it possible to pitch the Mercedes dtm against the Audi dtm in career or free play modes ?)

And can you use DLC content in career mode ?

Apologies for going slightly off topic and I doubt slightly mad studio devs are reading this but if you are please could you try and get some more touring cars as DLC ? And great game btw.

Thanks

bluesky0870
21-09-2015, 10:40
Thanks for the advice yes you are right steering assists helps especially in high power cars cornering.

Steering dead zone. - 20
Throttle dead zone. - 0
Brake dead zone. - 0
Brake sensitivity . - 35
Clutch dead zone. - 10

Speed sensitivity. - 65

Force feedback . - 70

Opposite lock help = off

Then in gameplay options I have steering assist. Traction control and stability help all activated.

With this set up project cars is like a new racer for me it's simply phenomenal now can not get enough of it (forza 6 getting pushed to the side for now)

I finally started a career last night (months I have been waiting to try this) and started in the Clio cup. Loved it such a blast (I have the A.I. set to 80 which for now offers me a good challenge)

Now I have it all set up its hard to put down I find myself telling myself just one more lap 10 laps later...so good.

Going to buy all the DLC today really want to race the Mercedes dtm (is it possible to pitch the Mercedes dtm against the Audi dtm in career or free play modes ?)

Apologies for going slightly off topic and I doubt slightly mad studio devs are reading this but if you are please could you try and get some more touring cars as DLC ? And great game btw.

Thanks

Surely you can use the DLC in career. Only small note: If you own the Limited Edition Car pack you have to install it manually every time after you've started the game.
The Merc DTM is the only DTM- car because of license rules of the DTM- series.

Another small note, I set steering deadzone to 5, that makes it easier to avoid oversteer of the higher tier cars like Formula A and LMP cars. But my assists except of tcs are all turned off.

PPPMAT
21-09-2015, 20:14

Steering dead zone. - 20

Throttle dead zone. - 0
Brake dead zone. - 0
Brake sensitivity . - 35
Clutch dead zone. - 10

Speed sensitivity. - 65

Force feedback . - 70

Opposite lock help = off

Thanks

Similar to my setup. My steering deadzone is 0 and speed sensitivity a bit higher but negligible. It's good for a pad and compares well to fm6 which was designed with the pad in mind.