PDA

View Full Version : Ruf CTR3-GT Velocity 1H event

davthewave
19-09-2015, 21:08
Hi! Since I've downloaded patch 4. I can now take part in this event.
But having major problems in it.
I've set the other drivers to beginners but the second from last guy is still beating me by over a minute!
I'm an experience driver on this game, having won every other event and have race for over 150 hours and have done about 50 seasons.
In most races over a 3 or 4 lap race I can easily beat the other drivers by about 10 to 15 seconds a lap when they are set to beginner. So why am I having such problems with this event?
I also noticed that all the other cars are W Motors Lykan HyerSport with the drivers name as: INVALID NAME!!! Why is this if it's a Ruf CTR3 event and not other Ruf CTR3 s?
The winning time posted for this event was 07:07 yet a look on the time trial show that the best time for this car driving by a human was: 07:01. Surely this means that there is no way these drivers in this event are racing as beginners!
Anyone else having this problem with this event?

It just doesn't seem to me that the skill setting for this event is set correctly

digger4571
22-09-2015, 11:26
I've set the other drivers to beginners but the second from last guy is still beating me by over a minute!
I'm an experience driver on this game, having won every other event and have race for over 150 hours and have done about 50 seasons.
In most races over a 3 or 4 lap race I can easily beat the other drivers by about 10 to 15 seconds a lap when they are set to beginner. So why am I having such problems with this event?
I also noticed that all the other cars are W Motors Lykan HyerSport with the drivers name as: INVALID NAME!!! Why is this if it's a Ruf CTR3 event and not other Ruf CTR3 s?
The winning time posted for this event was 07:07 yet a look on the time trial show that the best time for this car driving by a human was: 07:01. Surely this means that there is no way these drivers in this event are racing as beginners!

It just doesn't seem to me that the skill setting for this event is set correctly

I am having the same exact problem. There's no way on God's green earth that, that RUF CTR3 can even keep up with the rest of the cars. Like dav said, that isn't even a RUF CTR3. Just like the ESPN segment. COME ON MAN!!!

Old Parishioner
25-09-2015, 13:12
Same here.

Id be interested to know if this works for anyone. Is it just a few of us, the majority or everyone?

I can't even select the Lykan as an option either.

Cosmos
26-09-2015, 20:03
I've got the exact same situation as poster. AI Winner's best lap being 7:07... all AI named "invalid name".

Every bug- solving/researching hour I've spent, only leave me feeling I've bought a Beautiful car with a broken gearbox and a crack running thru the Engine.
I'd say it's time for SMS/developers to step up solve those know bugs to date. Period.

/soon to be indifferent

WhoosierGirl
27-09-2015, 04:10
What a buggy event, the Lykan AI is stuck at 100%, the road CTR3 is used instead of the advertised CTR3 SMS-R, race lenght of more than 33% freezes the game and the replay even freezes up, lol. All those problems and I still had fun doing it, the Ruf's are my favorite cars in the game and I love using them. The CTR3 is amazing once you get used to it.

I do hope they fix the event to use the CTR SMS-R (along with the other little gremlins).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TkMz05Bs54

ymy
08-10-2015, 07:06

I am having the same exact problem!

WhoosierGirl
08-10-2015, 17:16
I came back to this event and it is getting closer to being correct but.....I think I'm at a slight disadvantage with this lineup, lol. I picked the CTR3 SMS-R but it would only give me the road CTR3, oh well, going to see how I can do with it tonight.

Cabriojoschy
09-10-2015, 19:04
Drove this event yesterday, worked fine as expected. Had no problems with choosing a car nor with race length 100%

Fanapryde
12-10-2015, 16:42
Did it today...
I got the road car.
Qualified 19th ! (in a field with 19 race cars).
Did not really check the setup, because I tuned this car before.
After 6 laps I had to refuel, but none of the others pitted...ever... !
Finished 19th with one car within a second behind me and for some reason got 17th place....

What is wrong with this ??

Oh and: I got the wrong tires while pitting also !

Stephen Viljoen
14-10-2015, 10:20
Guys, those of you having this issue with this event, please try something for me (it will help trace the cause of the bug) - When you're on the Event Setup screen (in the calendar), before entering the event, click "Change car" and go through the process of selecting the SMSR, and then enter the event and see if this still happens.

davthewave
14-10-2015, 15:20
Guys, those of you having this issue with this event, please try something for me (it will help trace the cause of the bug) - When you're on the Event Setup screen (in the calendar), before entering the event, click "Change car" and go through the process of selecting the SMSR, and then enter the event and see if this still happens.

Ok I went back to this event. On the practice page/set up there is an option to Select car but not to Change car.
This takes you to the garage. But there is only one car in it. And no info to let you know which car it is. The same goes for the qualifying round. But anyway I saw in the leaderboard that I was still driving in the Ruf CTR3, but at least the other drivers had actual names this time.....And of course qualified last. I didn't even bother to go into the actual race. What chance with only the normal Ruf.

WhoosierGirl
14-10-2015, 18:52

I loaded my game save to a USB when this event came up, my favorite car is the CTR3 SMS-R and I want to be able to do other events and come back to do this event whenever I wanted. The first time I clicked "change car" the Road CTR3 was the only option and the Lykan was the opponent car (see above video). The next time I tried the event the CTR3 SMS-R is the opponent car and I am able to pick the CTR3 SMS-R but, the Road CTR3 is what I am given.

I have the older game save on USB and am one race away in my current career progress from being able to do this event again, I am wondering what comes up, lol. I can make a video from the time I get to the event and try to select a car if needed.

I hope all this makes sense :)

Stephen Viljoen
15-10-2015, 09:22
Thanks for the testing and feedback. I think we've nailed this one now. We have a fix in testing. Will report on how it pans out.

schumi07
03-11-2015, 14:10
Thank you, I thought I was the only one who could not complete this event. There surely has to be an issue here, I have even went to the trouble of turning the some of the settings off, starting before the AI, but no chance, they run so much quicker and not a blip of a mistake.

Borez
03-11-2015, 18:41
Oh and: I got the wrong tires while pitting also !

I always come out of the pits with the wrong tyres in GT3, it's frustrating to say the least.

Stephen Viljoen
04-11-2015, 06:45
Thank you, I thought I was the only one who could not complete this event. There surely has to be an issue here, I have even went to the trouble of turning the some of the settings off, starting before the AI, but no chance, they run so much quicker and not a blip of a mistake.

I always come out of the pits with the wrong tyres in GT3, it's frustrating to say the least.

Both these issues should now be fixed in the next patch. I say 'should' - the code work is done and our QA team can no longer repro either of these, but you guys seem to at times be able to make our game do the impossible! :)

alunian
05-11-2015, 19:21
Should I skip this event as I am getting all the issues previously mentioned such as unable to select car, opponents names are showing invalid, opponents are using Lykan Hypersport.

Stephen Viljoen
11-11-2015, 12:03
Further details on the above, and also to answer your question alunian - There were a number of bugs with this event that are now fixed. The key one though was that this event was part of the Modified Car Pack DLC, but due to a bug was not locked in to the DLC. This meant that the event was erroneously visible on the calendar even though the car required to race it was not available in the game. This is now sorted, so this event will no longer show up if you don't have the Modified Car Pack DLC, and you won't have an impossible-to-earn accolade requirement to complete your accolade collection.

alunian
11-11-2015, 15:29
Further details on the above, and also to answer your question alunian - There were a number of bugs with this event that are now fixed. The key one though was that this event was part of the Modified Car Pack DLC, but due to a bug was not locked in to the DLC. This meant that the event was erroneously visible on the calendar even though the car required to race it was not available in the game. This is now sorted, so this event will no longer show up if you don't have the Modified Car Pack DLC, and you won't have an impossible-to-earn accolade requirement to complete your accolade collection.

Thanks for the reply.

mjemec11
17-11-2015, 17:32
I was finally able to complete this event. Nordschleife is the Bane of my life and before patch 6.0 the AI was too fast for me even on lowest settings. Now I finally managed to win.

Stephen Viljoen
18-11-2015, 06:29
I was finally able to complete this event. Nordschleife is the Bane of my life and before patch 6.0 the AI was too fast for me even on lowest settings. Now I finally managed to win.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you're sorted. :)

ChrisChros87
27-02-2016, 10:25
Ive unlocked this event but cant access it. I have the invite in my inbox and I can see it on the calender but it skips past it like it isnt unlocked. This is on the X1 with all current updates available

alunian
27-02-2016, 11:18
Ive unlocked this event but cant access it. I have the invite in my inbox and I can see it on the calender but it skips past it like it isnt unlocked. This is on the X1 with all current updates available

Have you got the Modified Car DLC install as mentioned here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39484-Ruf-CTR3-GT-Velocity-1H-event&p=1168550&viewfull=1#post1168550 as it is not supposed to be unlocked without the DLC.

ChrisChros87
27-02-2016, 15:05
It was my impatience that missed it. Id been pressing Y to skip to next event and missed that it said X to g to today. Done it. Horrible event after all that haha.