PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN ISSUE] After patch 4.0 grid is always randomised

LukeC
20-09-2015, 05:08
After the latest patch qualifying positions do not propagate to starting grid positions in solo mode. Just this morning I qualified 1st and was placed last on the grid. Then I qualified 2nd in another race and I was placed 4th on the grid. I then qualified last and started the race from pole.

The settings seem to be correct in event setup as both the grid position and custom grid position are ghosted out and padlocked and qualifiying is set to 15, 30 or 60 minutes -- it makes no difference.

Anyone experiencing similar problems?

the5amkebab
20-09-2015, 05:32
I found the same thing in a few multiplayer races.

TMoney
20-09-2015, 07:08
It's working fine for me in career mode on PC, not sure about quick race.

gunny517
20-09-2015, 07:19
Hello.
Same thing happen to me.
I tried a delete user data in userdata folder.
but still same thing now.
someone knows how to fix this ?

LukeC
20-09-2015, 08:11
I have feeling that there is something in the latest patch that's causing this problem. If that's the case the fix will most likely have to come from SMS.

Elmo
20-09-2015, 09:15
Yes, this seems to be a new issue. If you don't set a practice session before Qualifying, Qualifying is turned into a practice session.

Therefore the times aren't used to determine the starting grid and also your Qualifying fuel setting gets ignored.

We are on the case already.

LukeC
20-09-2015, 09:36
Yes, this seems to be a new issue. If you don't set a practice session before Qualifying, Qualifying is turned into a practice session.

Therefore the times aren't used to determine the starting grid and also your Qualifying fuel setting gets ignored.

Thanks.

In the meantime, does setting practice session fix the problem?

Aizcold
20-09-2015, 09:37
Is this only the case for solo mode then? Because I did some online races with only a qualifying session before it yesterday and that worked fine still. Just want to be sure though so I can set a 5 minute practice session before qualifying in upcoming online races if necessary.

Elmo
20-09-2015, 10:03
QRW only and yes setting a Free Practice beforehand is a workaround for now. You don't even have to wait, just skip to the end of the session immediately if you don't want to do practice.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

LukeC
20-09-2015, 11:18
QRW only and yes setting a Free Practice beforehand is a workaround for now. You don't even have to wait, just skip to the end of the session immediately if you don't want to do practice.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks, the important thing is there is a temporary solution.

SLAPE
21-09-2015, 06:53
Is this only the case for solo mode then? Because I did some online races with only a qualifying session before it yesterday and that worked fine still. Just want to be sure though so I can set a 5 minute practice session before qualifying in upcoming online races if necessary.

Had this problem on multiplayer session I set up yesterday. It only happened twice out of four events though? best to set a practice round just to be sure.

J.P.Montoya
21-09-2015, 07:52
Practice? Not the game, we are talking about practice

doodleco
21-09-2015, 10:24
Up to this point I've been lucky enough not to have a significant issue with the game, but since 4.0 I've found problems.
On the single player mode if I set up a race to have a qualifying session it seems that regardless of how bad my qualifying time is I'm promoted to pole position on the grid! The timing screen after qualy says I'm in 13th, but when I start, there I am at the front of the field. Currently I've tried this with F-Rookie at Brands Hatch Indy and GT3s at Bugatti, both were 5 min qualifying sessions and I've tried GT3s at Doningtion National with a 10min session.

Additionally, since 4.0 I am no longer able to complete my final qualifying lap. Once the time runs out, that's it, even on a clean lap. I thought this was corrected a while back but it seems to have returned.

Anyone else with these problems?

Thanks

[Edit: Been redirected to this thread, glad I'm not alone]

Pink_650S
21-09-2015, 10:28
l have seen another thread about this Pole Position issue.
Also after Patch 4.0.
Not sure if anyone has a solution though.

Pink_650S
21-09-2015, 10:31
l found a thread about it: Randomised Grid (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39501-KNOWN-ISSUE-After-patch-4-0-grid-is-always-randomised)

Bealdor
21-09-2015, 10:32
That's a known issue with patch 4.0. The game considers your qualifying as a practice session and doesn't use the results to set up the starting grid.
The workaround is to set up a practice session before the qualifying session. You don't have to participate in it and can skip it right at the beginning and jump to the actual qualifying session.

Edit: Merged and moved to Genreal Discussion because it's platform independent.

Mascot
21-09-2015, 13:10

We are trying to get random grid places in our private MP lobby, so we have 5 min practise sessions (just to set fuel and tyres) and no qualifying. However, the grid positions always seem to be the same.

Is this related to the problem in the OP?

Bealdor
21-09-2015, 13:20
We are trying to get random grid places in our private MP lobby, so we have 5 min practise sessions (just to set fuel and tyres) and no qualifying. However, the grid positions always seem to be the same.

Is this related to the problem in the OP?

No. IIRC grid positions in MP are determined by order in which the players have joined the session.

Mascot
21-09-2015, 13:22
No. IIRC grid positions in MP are determined by order in which the players have joined the session.

Thanks. Is there a way to randomise grid positions then?

If not: devs, please consider adding it.

F1Aussie
21-09-2015, 14:19
Tonight I did practice, then qualified on pole but started the race in 13th. Monza, ford mark I've, on pc.

doodleco
24-09-2015, 18:24
The work around was fine for me on Monday but tonight I had 5 min practice and 10 min qualifying and it stuck me on pole rather than 18th. The qualy session let me finish my final lap so the game knew it was not just practice.

Little Bastard
24-09-2015, 20:27
Hopefully pcars2 will be a hit and SMS can hire 1 or 2 people to actually TEST THE CODE before role out. I'm a developer myself , errors are part of our job. But this is just hilarious.

Stocky
24-09-2015, 20:46
This is not something new, since any patch.

We have been doing races without qualifying since May.
Sometimes 6-10 in a row on any given night.
The grid order, in every race, is always the same.
Even when we add a practice only, or a warm up only, it's always the same grid order.
And it always seems it's the host, who gets the pole position, from what we've seen.

I disagree that it lines you up by practice order, if you have a practice without qualifying.

We never get a randomized grid order. Show us how, that's what we want.

We now do a 5 min qual, then race, so that the same people aren't always in the same spot.
We'd rather just go right to race, if we could. No qual, pract, or warm up.

Aizcold
25-09-2015, 11:21
That's a known issue with patch 4.0. The game considers your qualifying as a practice session and doesn't use the results to set up the starting grid.
Not sure if this is the case for everyone, but in my case the game actually calls it a free practice as well. I just started a Quick Race Weekend with a 30 minute qualifying and in the session it says it's Free Practice instead. Probably something you were already aware of but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

ElbowRoomOnly
27-09-2015, 15:45
The workaround isn't working for me. Since May we've raced privately as three players with 5mins Qualifiying and skipped to end of session so players always start at back of grid behind AI's. Now, whatever configuration we try, two players start at front and one at the back. Practice rounds aren't helping. Random Grid option would be better, but going back to how it was would be fine.