PDA

View Full Version : Damage Repairs not effecting pit time?

TMoney
20-09-2015, 07:21
Not sure if this is intended or not but it seems fixing damage should consume time in the pits the same way that refueling and changing tires does. It would be nice if the time for damage repairs was scaled to the severity of the damage, or at minimum set times for the different components.

I spun into a wall at Le Mans right after a refuel and went back into the pits to fix my barely driveable R18 E-Tron for basically a stop and go. Pit time was 0 and all damage was fixed. I would like to make a shout out to my pit crew of magicians, and thanks to them we took podium in the 24Hr Le Mans! ;)

FLX81
20-09-2015, 11:40
^ So much this. Having somewhat realistic repair times instead of the instant magic repair would add a lot of tension and feeling of being on the edge to endurance races.

artao
02-10-2015, 11:39
Agree so much!
I was quite disappointed with how arcade-like the pitstops are in this game.
Please!
Realistic pit times (adjustable, to suit taste -- some people like it as-is) dependent on damage, how much fuel, etc.
Manual control in and out of the pits, without car-ghosting in the pits. Of course switchable on/off for those who don't want them.
I know visible pit crews is "in the works," but really that's just an immersive visual thing. I'd like to see it, and hope it gets put in; but I'd rather see these other things that would improve the actual gameplay experience.

pigsy
03-10-2015, 02:54
Another one that's slightly off topic is when the AI DNF or crash they are instantly teleported to the pits. They should stay on the side of the road for a period of time before being removed imo.

DusterBuster
03-10-2015, 15:30
+1

It doesn't need any animations, just a certain time amount to fix the broken things on the car.

Roger Prynne
03-10-2015, 16:36
So if you had a broken front wing, broken suspension, broken windshield, new tyres, and top up with fuel, how long do you think that would take IRL?

artao
03-10-2015, 17:39
So if you had a broken front wing, broken suspension, broken windshield, new tyres, and top up with fuel, how long do you think that would take IRL?

30 or 40 seconds, I'd guess ;) :angel:

Sessionerror
03-10-2015, 17:47
It doesn't need to take as long as in real life, of course. A little "punishment" for a damage would be nice, though ;)

N0body Of The Goat
03-10-2015, 17:48

43 minutes sound reasonable? ;) :p

Roger Prynne
03-10-2015, 18:33
It doesn't need to take as long as in real life, of course. A little "punishment" for a damage would be nice, though ;)

But how would that be scaled?

Don't get me wrong as I agree with you to some extent.... just trying to work out the logistics.

Sessionerror
03-10-2015, 19:11
But how would that be scaled?

Don't get me wrong as I agree with you to some extent.... just trying to work out the logistics.

I totally get your point ;) To be honest, I certainly don't have a perfect solution as well.

Maybe let's say 5 additional seconds for a broken wing, 10 for the change of brake discs or to repair a light, 15 for for a broken suspension and 20 for a damaged gearbox? I know, it's far from realistic. But in my opinion it's better than no additional time at all. I think few people want to spend minutes in pits, but at least some time should be needed to repair damages. Therefore, one could have a look at real times that are needed for the repairs and set them in ratio (to some extent) in game as well.

Roger Prynne
04-10-2015, 00:16
The other problem with trying to implement this (now), is all the coding/time/testing it would take, but I do understand where you're coming from.

artao
05-10-2015, 11:51
While a 43 minute pitstop may be ok for an endurance race, in a shorter race one can choose which items to fix and which to leave alone and deal with, cutting a 43 minute pitstop down significantly (for instance, leave out fixing the suspension -- a broken window would pretty much put you out of the race, but that's quite uncommon without additional serious damage anyhow) ... front aero on a lot of cars is replaceable quite quickly. Almost snap-off snap-on.
Anyhow, a simple pit-scaling factor could be supplied to the end-user, and even turn off realistic pitting to put it set it as it currently is.

and for the love of monkeys! Please! give us control in- and out- of the pits.

Roger Prynne
05-10-2015, 11:58
Also some repairs are un-repairable or take too much time and if you make it back to the pits then that should be the end of your race.

Sessionerror
02-01-2016, 10:01
Unfortunately, it seems like this thread fell asleep. Is the topic being discussed at SMS? ;) Or is there a chance that we could get some damage repair time as an additional gameplay option at least? ;)

N0body Of The Goat
02-01-2016, 15:08
If only the time taken to repair damage was linked to the damage level set by the server configurator. ;)